IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Durga Saptashati recitation-proceedure

Rate this topic

Guest guest

|om|

Dear Hanmant, namaste

According to what I have been taught, it is best to learn the chanting of the Durga Saptashati under the guidance of a qualified Guru who will initiate you with the moola mantra and teach you the rituals that are to be observed in the chanting of the Durga saptashati.

PVR Narasimha Rao is a pandita who knows Sanskrit very well and has been doing the reading under competent advice from his Gurus. My Guru (the teacher who taught me how to do the Durga Saptashati) does the complete reading in just under 2 hours. Thus 50 mins is a very exceptional time and can be achieved only after years of long practice. There is no greater remedy than the complete parayana of the Durga saptashati and it is a lifelong remedy.

best regards

Hari

On 10/17/07, hmuttagi <hmuttagi wrote:

Shree Ganeshaya Namah,Respected Members,I have read inetrnet postings where it is stated that reading Durga Saptashati for 9 days during this navratri is deemed most auspicious for seeking the divine mothers blessings. Is it necessary to read it in 9 days or can one read it in one day( or 2-3 days as per convenience) during this period? I read PVR's posting that he takes 50 minutes to complete the 700 verses.

Additionally I am running Mercury Dasa with Rahu bhukti. Will reciting Durga saptashati make my malefic Rahu more stronger? My chart details are as follows:Asc:4:29:21 (Pis-U Bhadrapad 1pada), Sun 20:16:44(Sag-Purvasadha 3;

Mon:25:26:03(Gem-Punarvasu 2); Mar-9:35:37(Lib-Svati 1); Mer:6:09:28(Cap-Uttarasadha 3);Jup:12:12:46(Vir-Hasta 1);Ven:5:54:05(Aqu-Dhanishtha 4);Sat:25:26:46(Pis-Revati 3);Rah:10:28:35(Pis-UBhadrapad3);Ket:10:28:35(Vir-Hasta1)

TOB:11:15,POB:Hyderabad,DOB:4th Jan'1969Would appreciate the guidance of gurujans on this forum if they could advise on the durga saptashati recitation proceedure and if it avisable for me to read it?

Look forward to valuable comments/Advise.Best regardsHanmant

Guest guest

namaste,

If possible, the durga saptashati shoud be read in a single sitting.

The vArAhi-tantra mentions some options for those who are not able to

do so. Mainly, the recitation is only stopped each day after an

adhyAyA where devi is victorious.

(a) kamgAli-iti tribhiH dinaiH.

(b) pAThoyam viprakAra [sapta-dinaiH]

Using the kaTapayAdi scheme, this outlines the number of adhyAyA-s to

be read each day.

(a) 1 (ka) + 3 (gA) + 9 (li).

(b) 1 (pA) + 2 (To) + 1 (ya) + 4 (vi) + 2 (pra) + 1 (ka) + 2 (ra).

In this way, the 13 sargas can be read in 3 days, or in 7 days respectively.

Some other details can be found in the document below:

http://www.svbf.org/sringeri/Satachandi_Souvenir.pdf

bhavadIyaH,

ajit

On 10/16/07, hmuttagi <hmuttagi wrote:

>

> Shree Ganeshaya Namah,

>

> Respected Members,

>

> I have read inetrnet postings where it is stated that reading Durga

> Saptashati for 9 days during this navratri is deemed most auspicious

> for seeking the divine mothers blessings.

>

> Is it necessary to read it in 9 days or can one read it in one day(

> or 2-3 days as per convenience) during this period? I read PVR's

> posting that he takes 50 minutes to complete the 700 verses.

Guest guest

Hi thanks for the update brotherOn 10/30/07, Narasimha Rao <pvr wrote:

Dear Sir,

The recommended procedure is to read the following in one sitting:

(1) Devi Kavacham (Rishis: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva)

(2) Argala Stotram (Rishi: Vishnu)

(3) Keelaka Stotram (Rishi: Shiva)

(4) Ratri Sooktam (Rishi: Bharadwaja)

(5) Anga Nyasa, Kara Nyasa

(6) Moola mantra 108 times

(7) The 700 shlokas

(8) Nyasa again

(9) Moola mantra 108 times

(10) Devi Sooktam (Rishi: Vaagambhrani)

If the entire thing is not possible, atleast 5-9 is good to follow.

If you are proficient and read very fast, 5-9 will take one hour and

1-10 will take one hour and 20 minutes. I have been doing a Chandi

homam daily for a few months and each homam includes all the above

and some additional procedure and it takes me 2 hours for the whole

thing.

If you are uncomfortable with the text, 5-9 can take 2 hours and 1-10

can take 2.5 hours.

It is ideal to finish in one sitting. If you want to do it for 10

days, you can read the entire thing each day!

There is a saptaaha procedure, where you split the above in 7 parts

and finish them once over a week.

Another thing to consider for those without much time is to just read

the 1st adhyaya (Maha Kali) or the 2nd, 3rd and 4th adhyayas

(madhyama charitra - Maha Lakshmi). The 1st adhyaya will take about 8

minutes and the madhyama charitra will take about 15 minutes (fast

reading).

In fact, I can also suggest just reading the 11th chapter if there

isn't much time. It is the " Narayani Stuti " chapter, where all the

gods pray to Narayani (sum total of Brahmi, Maheswari, Kaumari,

Vaishnavi, Varahi, Narasimhi, Aindri, Sivadooti, Kali etc). This is

the final prayer of Chandi after all her exploits. This chapter will

take 7 minutes or so.

Even if you choose to read one chapter or one part only, it is a good

idea to do the moola mantra 108 times (4 minutes) before and after

(atleast 21 times before and after).

Saptashati can get the negative tendencies of Rahu under control.

But, once you take a sankalpam, don't break it. Pick what you can

realistically do and do not break the practice once you start it for

the duration of time intended originally.

All the best!

By the way, Ashtami, Navami and Chaturdasi are particularly good for

reading saptashati. If you can find an Ashtami that falls on a

Tuesday or a Navami/Chaturdasi that falls on a Saturday, they are

particularly auspicious.

Best regards,

Narasimha

-------------------------

Homam manual and audio: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homam

Spirituality:

Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

-------------------------

> Shree Ganeshaya Namah,

>

> Respected Members,

>

> I have read inetrnet postings where it is stated that reading Durga

> Saptashati for 9 days during this navratri is deemed most

auspicious

> for seeking the divine mothers blessings.

>

> Is it necessary to read it in 9 days or can one read it in one day(

> or 2-3 days as per convenience) during this period? I read PVR's

> posting that he takes 50 minutes to complete the 700 verses.

>

> Additionally I am running Mercury Dasa with Rahu bhukti. Will

> reciting Durga saptashati make my malefic Rahu more stronger? My

> chart details are as follows:

>

> Asc:4:29:21 (Pis-U Bhadrapad 1pada), Sun 20:16:44(Sag-Purvasadha 3;

> Mon:25:26:03(Gem-Punarvasu 2); Mar-9:35:37(Lib-Svati 1); Mer:6:09:28

> (Cap-Uttarasadha 3);Jup:12:12:46(Vir-Hasta 1);Ven:5:54:05(Aqu-

> Dhanishtha 4);Sat:25:26:46(Pis-Revati 3);Rah:10:28:35(Pis-U

> Bhadrapad3);Ket:10:28:35(Vir-Hasta1)

> TOB:11:15,POB:Hyderabad,DOB:4th Jan'1969

>

> Would appreciate the guidance of gurujans on this forum if they

could

> advise on the durga saptashati recitation proceedure and if it

> avisable for me to read it?

>

> Look forward to valuable comments/Advise.

>

> Best regards

> Hanmant

-- Our Web Development Services * Web Applications * E-Commerce * Content Management Systems (CMS) * System Integration * Flash Action Scripting

* Rich Internet applications / AJAX * Hosting

Guest guest

Om Namah Shivaya

Dear Sharat, Namaste

I do have the mp3 of this fully chanted by the vedic priest of Benaras. But all the 4

files are quite huge to send via email. May be I can write a cd and mail it to UK :)

Rgds

Anand

On 10/30/07, Sharat <gidoc wrote:

||Namah Shivaya||

Dear Narsimha ji,

Your post is very much appreciated, could you please list, if possible, on the sources where all these can be obtained.

Vedic wisdon group may be a more appropriate site for the same or I could write personally to you, if appropriate.

Does the ' short version' of Durga Saptshraloki recitation( which is also an MP3 at your own site) for part of this? I do this before the kalpavriksha mantra, to control the negativity of Rahu.

Many thanks

Sharat

sohamsa , " Narasimha Rao " <pvr wrote:

>> Dear Sir,> > The recommended procedure is to read the following in one sitting:> > (1) Devi Kavacham (Rishis: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva)> (2) Argala Stotram (Rishi: Vishnu)

> (3) Keelaka Stotram (Rishi: Shiva)> (4) Ratri Sooktam (Rishi: Bharadwaja)> (5) Anga Nyasa, Kara Nyasa> (6) Moola mantra 108 times> (7) The 700 shlokas> (8) Nyasa again> (9) Moola mantra 108 times

> (10) Devi Sooktam (Rishi: Vaagambhrani)> > If the entire thing is not possible, atleast 5-9 is good to follow.> > If you are proficient and read very fast, 5-9 will take one hour and

> 1-10 will take one hour and 20 minutes. I have been doing a Chandi > homam daily for a few months and each homam includes all the above > and some additional procedure and it takes me 2 hours for the whole > thing.> > If you are uncomfortable with the text, 5-9 can take 2 hours and 1-10 > can take 2.5 hours.> > It is ideal to finish in one sitting. If you want to do it for 10 > days, you can read the entire thing each day!

> > There is a saptaaha procedure, where you split the above in 7 parts > and finish them once over a week.> > Another thing to consider for those without much time is to just read > the 1st adhyaya (Maha Kali) or the 2nd, 3rd and 4th adhyayas > (madhyama charitra - Maha Lakshmi). The 1st adhyaya will take about 8 > minutes and the madhyama charitra will take about 15 minutes (fast > reading).> > In fact, I can also suggest just reading the 11th chapter if there > isn't much time. It is the " Narayani Stuti " chapter, where all the > gods pray to Narayani (sum total of Brahmi, Maheswari, Kaumari, > Vaishnavi, Varahi, Narasimhi, Aindri, Sivadooti, Kali etc). This is > the final prayer of Chandi after all her exploits. This chapter will > take 7 minutes or so.> > Even if you choose to read one chapter or one part only, it is a good > idea to do the moola mantra 108 times (4 minutes) before and after > (atleast 21 times before and after).> > Saptashati can get the negative tendencies of Rahu under control. > But, once you take a sankalpam, don't break it. Pick what you can > realistically do and do not break the practice once you start it for > the duration of time intended originally.> > All the best!

Guest guest

Om Namah Shivaya

Dear Sharat, Namaste

In that case please try to visit music world and ask for Chandi Path. The cd will cost you 500 RS. I got a copy last year after a long hunt in the music world at Noida. Not Atta market one but the other complex, I think its sector 18 if Iam not wrong where you have Haldiram too :)

You can also visit http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal-4.7.3/shree_maa_chandi_path_audio_classesfor mp3's.

Rgds

Anand

On 10/31/07, Sharat <gidoc wrote:

||Namah Shivaya||Dear Anand,

Namaskar,

Thank you for your kind offer. May be you can post it to my Home in New Delhi. I will be visiting during Deepawali.

Best wishes

Sharat

-

Anand Ravi

sohamsa

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:27 AM

Re: Re: Durga Saptashati recitation-proceedure

Om Namah Shivaya

Dear Sharat, Namaste

I do have the mp3 of this fully chanted by the vedic priest of Benaras. But all the 4

files are quite huge to send via email. May be I can write a cd and mail it to UK :)

Rgds

Anand

On 10/30/07, Sharat <gidoc wrote:

||Namah Shivaya||

Dear Narsimha ji,

Your post is very much appreciated, could you please list, if possible, on the sources where all these can be obtained.

Vedic wisdon group may be a more appropriate site for the same or I could write personally to you, if appropriate.

Does the ' short version' of Durga Saptshraloki recitation( which is also an MP3 at your own site) for part of this? I do this before the kalpavriksha mantra, to control the negativity of Rahu.

Many thanks

Sharat

sohamsa , " Narasimha Rao " <pvr wrote: >> Dear Sir,> > The recommended procedure is to read the following in one sitting:> > (1) Devi Kavacham (Rishis: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva)> (2) Argala Stotram (Rishi: Vishnu) > (3) Keelaka Stotram (Rishi: Shiva)> (4) Ratri Sooktam (Rishi: Bharadwaja)> (5) Anga Nyasa, Kara Nyasa> (6) Moola mantra 108 times> (7) The 700 shlokas> (8) Nyasa again> (9) Moola mantra 108 times > (10) Devi Sooktam (Rishi: Vaagambhrani)> > If the entire thing is not possible, atleast 5-9 is good to follow.> > If you are proficient and read very fast, 5-9 will take one hour and

> 1-10 will take one hour and 20 minutes. I have been doing a Chandi > homam daily for a few months and each homam includes all the above > and some additional procedure and it takes me 2 hours for the whole > thing.> > If you are uncomfortable with the text, 5-9 can take 2 hours and 1-10 > can take 2.5 hours.> > It is ideal to finish in one sitting. If you want to do it for 10 > days, you can read the entire thing each day! > > There is a saptaaha procedure, where you split the above in 7 parts > and finish them once over a week.> > Another thing to consider for those without much time is to just read > the 1st adhyaya (Maha Kali) or the 2nd, 3rd and 4th adhyayas > (madhyama charitra - Maha Lakshmi). The 1st adhyaya will take about 8 > minutes and the madhyama charitra will take about 15 minutes (fast > reading).> > In fact, I can also suggest just reading the 11th chapter if there > isn't much time. It is the " Narayani Stuti " chapter, where all the > gods pray to Narayani (sum total of Brahmi, Maheswari, Kaumari, > Vaishnavi, Varahi, Narasimhi, Aindri, Sivadooti, Kali etc). This is > the final prayer of Chandi after all her exploits. This chapter will > take 7 minutes or so.> > Even if you choose to read one chapter or one part only, it is a good > idea to do the moola mantra 108 times (4 minutes) before and after > (atleast 21 times before and after).> > Saptashati can get the negative tendencies of Rahu under control. > But, once you take a sankalpam, don't break it. Pick what you can > realistically do and do not break the practice once you start it for > the duration of time intended originally.> > All the best!