IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Fwd: [SUMADHWASEVA] Marathi Madhwas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

EKACHAKRANAGARA  VIDYADHEESA THEERTHA WAS A MARATHI SPEAKING MADHWA. Born in maharashtra in ahmednagar distt,he undertook daredevil pilgrimages and finally entered brindavan in nanded district in maharashtra at sangam village at the confluence point of 3 rivers-godavari, haridra and manjera. His brindavan is in the compound of sangameshwar temple.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Narahari Sumadhwa <naraharisumadhwa wrote:

1. I heard that Raghavendra Swamy belongs to Desistha Madhwa i.e, Tanjavur Marathi speaking Madhwas.Krishna Anand <krishnanand78

===============================2.Hare SrinivasaDear Shri Shrikant Rao,I am a Marathi (from Islampur, Dist Sangli) and really have the feeling of brotherhood due our mother tongue.Currently I am based in Gurgaon near Delhi so not so sure about the addresses but you may write a letter / appeal to Marathi newspapers- Loksatta (Indian Express group) / Maharashtra Times to revive this dialect. You may even get support from JAgatIk MarAthi SAhitya Sammelan and Govt.of Maharashtra.I really appreciate the efforts taken by you to revive the dialect by printing the wedding invitation card in original dialect in Devnagari script. Let me tell you, still all these words are used as such some of them in Konkani and all these in villages of Western Maharashtra and Sangli, Satara, Kolhapur districts.Thanks a lot for giving a feel of TM and all the best,Abhijit KulkarniSent from BlackBerry® on Airtelabhijit.klkrn

==================================================3.  Dear Sir It is very interesting to know about Marati Madhwas from Tanjore .

Contributions on this topic is really worthy to read .

I also liked the Tulu Madhwas information.

How about the Marati Madhwas from Maharastra ?

Are there any information on them.

By the way I ( we ) also belong to the same type .

Migrated from Pune ( some where a place Dhond)

came down to Tamilnadu  ( last known place Kaveri Pattanam )and then setteled down in Karnataka .

Our Great  Grand father ( means before year 1900 ) were speaking Marati and now we all speak Kannada.

I wonder if some one can compile all these information and publish a

book on this subject ?

thanks a lot

Any family tree in this regard pl send it me .

Thank you

Madhvesh

Bangalore  hanasoge madhvesh <masha52================================

Guest guest

We belong to Deshastha Madhwa family from Belgaum/Bijapur area currently living in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, with most of the our family speaking both Kannada and Marathi.

I had an opportunity to study and work in Tamil Nadu (Trichy/Tuticorin/Madras) for many years. I had an option to select from Nagpur, Suratkal and Trichy engineering colleges for my engineering. I was naturally interested more in Suratkal and Nagpur due to language/cultural familiarity. My father suggested that I should accept Trichy. I was too scared to venture into Tamil Nadu due to unfamiliarity of territory and language. Finally, I decided to go to Trichy with the option of coming back in case things didn't work out.

I felt out of place for a few days and was repenting my decision. HOwever, slowly I started making friends. I was surprised to know that some of them were 'Madhwas' speaking Marathi and Kannada. HOwever, their Marathi and Kannada were much different. I also met people from different communities such as Maratha. It is not easy to find them since they are blended in the society so well. One of friend's initial was P (for Pawar) and another friend was S.Kannan( S for Shindhe). I was aslo introduced to many people whose acestors were originally from Saurashtra region. It is very difficult to make out unless we come to know each other closely since most of them have typical Tamil names.

I was really amazed at the diversity Tamil Nadu had. Some of my Madhwa friends invited to their houses and took me to Raghavendra Swamy mutt in Srirangam. I visited many places such as Tanjavur, Kumbhakonam, Kanchi, Rameshwaram etc.

Many people from other parts of country are under impression that Tamil Nadu is a very different and on should not speak Hindi. Yes, some common people have feeling against Hindi due to political and idealogical influence. However, my experience was that most of these people are basically very nice people. In fact, some of my colleagues learnt Hindi from me when I was working in Tamil Nadu.

After living in Tamil Nadu for almost 9 years, I moved to Gujarat. I missed Tamil Nadu many years. It was really refreshing when I visited Trichy last summer for our 25th year class reunion. I wish I had more time to visit many places around the area.

Regards,

Madhav Kanabur

Charlotte, NC--- On Wed, 3/24/10, Guruprasad Sarvothaman <sguruprasad wrote:

Guruprasad Sarvothaman <sguruprasad Fwd: [sUMADHWASEVA] Marathi MadhwasCc: "Sarvothaman" <sarvothamanWednesday, March 24, 2010, 11:27 PM

EKACHAKRANAGARA VIDYADHEESA THEERTHA WAS A MARATHI SPEAKING MADHWA. Born in maharashtra in ahmednagar distt,he undertook daredevil pilgrimages and finally entered brindavan in nanded district in maharashtra at sangam village at the confluence point of 3 rivers-godavari, haridra and manjera. His brindavan is in the compound of sangameshwar temple.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Narahari Sumadhwa <naraharisumadhwa@ .in> wrote:

1. I heard that Raghavendra Swamy belongs to Desistha Madhwa i.e, Tanjavur Marathi speaking Madhwas.Krishna Anand <krishnanand78@ .in> ============ ========= ========= =2.Hare SrinivasaDear Shri Shrikant Rao,I am a Marathi (from Islampur, Dist Sangli) and really have the feeling of brotherhood due our mother tongue.Currently I am based in Gurgaon near Delhi so not so sure about the addresses but you may write a letter / appeal to Marathi newspapers- Loksatta (Indian Express group) / Maharashtra Times to revive this dialect. You may even get support from JAgatIk MarAthi SAhitya Sammelan and Govt.of Maharashtra.I

really appreciate the efforts taken by you to revive the dialect by printing the wedding invitation card in original dialect in Devnagari script. Let me tell you, still all these words are used as such some of them in Konkani and all these in villages of Western Maharashtra and Sangli, Satara, Kolhapur districts.Thanks a lot for giving a feel of TM and all the best,Abhijit Kulkarni

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

abhijit.klkrn@ gmail.com

============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ==

3. Dear Sir It is very interesting to know about Marati Madhwas from Tanjore .

By the way I ( we ) also belong to the same type .

came down to Tamilnadu ( last known place Kaveri Pattanam )and then setteled down in Karnataka .

Our Great Grand father ( means before year 1900 ) were speaking Marati and now we all speak Kannada.

I wonder if some one can compile all these information and publish a book on this subject ?

thanks a lot

Thank you

Madhvesh

Bangalore

hanasoge madhvesh <masha52 >============ ========= ========= ==

Guest guest

Dear All,I am a Marathi speaking Madhwa. I have compiled a blogsite very recently on Thanjavur Marathi Deshasthas. Link is ...http://tanjoremarathis.blogspot.com/Please feel free to add your comments and any info is appreciated.My blogsite is still very nascent and needs a lot of work. Ours is a very interesting past as we all uphold and carry on a deshastha marathi language and traditions long since abandoned by people in Maharashtra.I will be adding a post on our historical movement to the South India soon and eventual assimilation into the Madhwa fold and South Indian tapestry.Regards to all,Pratibha Prabhakarspp2000usaFrom: Madhav Kanabur <madhav_kanabur ; sguruprasad; abhijit.klkrnSent: Thu, March 25, 2010 1:14:52 PMRe: Fwd: [sUMADHWASEVA] Marathi Madhwas

We belong to Deshastha Madhwa family from Belgaum/Bijapur area currently living in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, with most of the our family speaking both Kannada and Marathi.

I had an opportunity to study and work in Tamil Nadu (Trichy/Tuticorin/ Madras) for many years. I had an option to select from Nagpur, Suratkal and Trichy engineering colleges for my engineering. I was naturally interested more in Suratkal and Nagpur due to language/cultural familiarity. My father suggested that I should accept Trichy. I was too scared to venture into Tamil Nadu due to unfamiliarity of territory and language. Finally, I decided to go to Trichy with the option of coming back in case things didn't work out.

I felt out of place for a few days and was repenting my decision. HOwever, slowly I started making friends. I was surprised to know that some of them were 'Madhwas' speaking Marathi and Kannada. HOwever, their Marathi and Kannada were much different. I also met people from different communities such as Maratha. It is not easy to find them since they are blended in the society so well. One of friend's initial was P (for Pawar) and another friend was S.Kannan( S for Shindhe). I was aslo introduced to many people whose acestors were originally from Saurashtra region. It is very difficult to make out unless we come to know each other closely since most of them have typical Tamil names.

I was really amazed at the diversity Tamil Nadu had. Some of my Madhwa friends invited to their houses and took me to Raghavendra Swamy mutt in Srirangam. I visited many places such as Tanjavur, Kumbhakonam, Kanchi, Rameshwaram etc.

Many people from other parts of country are under impression that Tamil Nadu is a very different and on should not speak Hindi. Yes, some common people have feeling against Hindi due to political and idealogical influence. However, my experience was that most of these people are basically very nice people. In fact, some of my colleagues learnt Hindi from me when I was working in Tamil Nadu.

After living in Tamil Nadu for almost 9 years, I moved to Gujarat. I missed Tamil Nadu many years. It was really refreshing when I visited Trichy last summer for our 25th year class reunion. I wish I had more time to visit many places around the area.

Regards,

Madhav Kanabur

Charlotte, NC--- On Wed, 3/24/10, Guruprasad Sarvothaman <sguruprasad@ gmail.com> wrote:

Guruprasad Sarvothaman <sguruprasad@ gmail.com> Fwd: [sUMADHWASEVA] Marathi MadhwasCc: "Sarvothaman" <sarvothaman@ gmail.com>Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 11:27 PM

EKACHAKRANAGARA VIDYADHEESA THEERTHA WAS A MARATHI SPEAKING MADHWA. Born in maharashtra in ahmednagar distt,he undertook daredevil pilgrimages and finally entered brindavan in nanded district in maharashtra at sangam village at the confluence point of 3 rivers-godavari, haridra and manjera. His brindavan is in the compound of sangameshwar temple.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Narahari Sumadhwa <naraharisumadhwa@ .in> wrote:

1. I heard that Raghavendra Swamy belongs to Desistha Madhwa i.e, Tanjavur Marathi speaking Madhwas.Krishna Anand <krishnanand78@ .in> ============ ========= ========= =2.Hare SrinivasaDear Shri Shrikant Rao,I am a Marathi (from Islampur, Dist Sangli) and really have the feeling of brotherhood due our mother tongue.Currently I am based in Gurgaon near Delhi so not so sure about the addresses but you may write a letter / appeal to Marathi newspapers- Loksatta (Indian Express group) / Maharashtra Times to revive this dialect. You may even get support from JAgatIk MarAthi SAhitya Sammelan and Govt.of Maharashtra.I

really appreciate the efforts taken by you to revive the dialect by printing the wedding invitation card in original dialect in Devnagari script. Let me tell you, still all these words are used as such some of them in Konkani and all these in villages of Western Maharashtra and Sangli, Satara, Kolhapur districts.Thanks a lot for giving a feel of TM and all the best,Abhijit Kulkarni

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

abhijit.klkrn@ gmail.com

============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ==

3. Dear Sir It is very interesting to know about Marati Madhwas from Tanjore .

By the way I ( we ) also belong to the same type .

came down to Tamilnadu ( last known place Kaveri Pattanam )and then setteled down in Karnataka .

Our Great Grand father ( means before year 1900 ) were speaking Marati and now we all speak Kannada.

I wonder if some one can compile all these information and publish a book on this subject ?

thanks a lot

Thank you

Madhvesh

Bangalore

hanasoge madhvesh <masha52 >============ ========= ========= ==