IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Availability of books at udupi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Srinivasa.

Recently, two days back, I visited Udupi. Every time i visit Udupi, really it worth memorising. This time, I was searching for trnslated or atleast moola grantha ''Rigbhashya'' written by Sri Madhwacharya. (Lastly, I got a translated work by Sri Tantri from Agrahara Printers, Ratha beedi, Udupi- an out of print book).

I searched at rath beedi. But i could not find any. Really i was surprised to see no books of acharya, especially Sarvamoola granthas, at the book stalls in the Krishna math premises (leave rath beedi book stalls). The condition was so painful that there were so many books on Shankaracharya, many general books not related to madhwa philosophy.

Of course, shastra books may not be getting saled rapidly. But it can not be that, those books are not available at our mutts and especially Udupi Krishna mutts. If we do not do it, who else will do?

This case is even similar in case of mantralaya. At least few books are available at mantralaya mutt premises only.

I feel that Krishna mutt, must make arrangement for books availability, especially Sarvamoola granthas at Krishna mutt and other ashta mathas, not looking at only profitability and saleability. I feel that this can be done by every madhva mutt. There is such worst financial condition in our mutts that at least this can not be done.

I hope books availability is good at Poornaprajna Vidyapeeth and at Uttaradimath, Bangalore. These are exceptions.

Learned may correct,

Namaskara,

Vasu  -- Thanks and RegardsVasu

Guest guest

I agree wish Sri Vasudhendra. A library of books as well as a well-equipped book stall that focuses on sri madAchArya's siddhAnta is necessary within or close to the Krishna Matha premises. I think it's really worth bringing this to the notice of the Paryaya Swamiji. He will certainly take necessary action. I request the group's attention on this. 

On the contrary, to the best of my knowledge, PPVP and Uttaradi Matha in Bangalore have a rich collection of books covering most aspects of our siddhAnta. Shreekrishna.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 7:48 AM, K.H. Vasudhendra <vasuhemadri wrote:

Hare Srinivasa.

Recently, two days back, I visited Udupi. Every time i visit Udupi, really it worth memorising. This time, I was searching for trnslated or atleast moola grantha ''Rigbhashya'' written by Sri Madhwacharya. (Lastly, I got a translated work by Sri Tantri from Agrahara Printers, Ratha beedi, Udupi- an out of print book).

I searched at rath beedi. But i could not find any. Really i was surprised to see no books of acharya, especially Sarvamoola granthas, at the book stalls in the Krishna math premises (leave rath beedi book stalls). The condition was so painful that there were so many books on Shankaracharya, many general books not related to madhwa philosophy.

Of course, shastra books may not be getting saled rapidly. But it can not be that, those books are not available at our mutts and especially Udupi Krishna mutts. If we do not do it, who else will do?

This case is even similar in case of mantralaya. At least few books are available at mantralaya mutt premises only.

I feel that Krishna mutt, must make arrangement for books availability, especially Sarvamoola granthas at Krishna mutt and other ashta mathas, not looking at only profitability and saleability. I feel that this can be done by every madhva mutt. There is such worst financial condition in our mutts that at least this can not be done.

I hope books availability is good at Poornaprajna Vidyapeeth and at Uttaradimath, Bangalore. These are exceptions.

Learned may correct,

Namaskara,

Vasu  -- Thanks and RegardsVasu

-- शà¥à¤°à¤¿à¤¯à¤ƒ पतà¥à¤¯à¥† नितà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤—णितगà¥à¤£à¤®à¤¾à¤£à¤¿à¤•à¥à¤¯à¤µà¤¿à¤¶à¤¦à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤­à¤¾à¤œà¤¾à¤²à¥Šà¤²à¥à¤²à¤¾à¤¸à¥Šà¤ªà¤¹à¤¤à¤¸à¤•à¤²à¤¾à¤µà¤¦à¥à¤¯à¤¤à¤®à¤¸à¥† |जगजà¥à¤œà¤¨à¥à¤®à¤¸à¥à¤¥à¥†à¤®à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤²à¤¯à¤°à¤šà¤¨à¤¾à¤¶à¥€à¤²à¤µà¤ªà¥à¤·à¥† नमॊऽशॆषामà¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯ सà¥à¤®à¥ƒà¤¤à¤¿à¤¹à¥ƒà¤¦à¤¯à¤¦à¥€à¤ªà¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤¯ हरयॆ‌ ||

Guest guest

Dear Vasu,I fully endorse your views.My experience is also that Somehow books on Madhwas Philosophy are not readily available in places like book stores, air ports, Railway bookshops, and even libraries. Whereas one goes to Gangarams or Sapna or such leading book stores the number of titles available are hardly any compared to to the Advaitha thought of philosophy. They are attractive in their presentation, occupy a prime place in display counters, and most of them are written in lucid, easy style, and understandable by by someone who wants to know about the philosophy enumerated. An exception to the observation is books by ISCON, which have a large reading base.One way of reaching to the masses is through the printed media. We have brilliant minds and exponents who wholeheartedly endorse and appreciate the philosophy

of Madhwa,. I am sure if they relate to the common man, the young student, a seeker, and make the teachings as simple as possible, it would be a boon for the hungry seekers of knowledge.I hope the revered Swamijis who are dedicated to reaching the Philosophy of Sri Madhwa, would certainly look at the point of view presented with compassion for the commoners, who form the bulk of readers aspiring to know about the great dwaita system of philosophy.With pranamassrinivasan--- On Wed, 2/24/10, K.H. Vasudhendra <vasuhemadri wrote:K.H. Vasudhendra <vasuhemadri Availability of books at udupi"MadhwaYuvaParishat" <MadhwaYuvaParishat >, "Vishwa Madhwa Sangha" , "SUMADHWASEVA"

<SUMADHWASEVAWednesday, February 24, 2010, 6:18 PM

Hare Srinivasa.

Recently, two days back, I visited Udupi. Every time i visit Udupi, really it worth memorising. This time, I was searching for trnslated or atleast moola grantha ''Rigbhashya'' written by Sri Madhwacharya. (Lastly, I got a translated work by Sri Tantri from Agrahara Printers, Ratha beedi, Udupi- an out of print book).

I searched at rath beedi. But i could not find any. Really i was surprised to see no books of acharya, especially Sarvamoola granthas, at the book stalls in the Krishna math premises (leave rath beedi book stalls). The condition was so painful that there were so many books on Shankaracharya, many general books not related to madhwa philosophy.

I feel that Krishna mutt, must make arrangement for books availability, especially Sarvamool a granthas at Krishna mutt and other ashta mathas, not looking at only profitability and saleability. I feel that this can be done by every madhva mutt. There is such worst financial condition in our mutts that at least this can not be done.

I hope books availability is good at Poornaprajna Vidyapeeth and at Uttaradimath, Bangalore. These are exceptions.

Learned may correct,

Namaskara,

Vasu -- Thanks and RegardsVasu