ShpApi nitya mahatsuyaj~nAgaLAcharisidavanu

pOpudippudu bappudella ra

mApatigadhishThAnavennu kR^i

pApayOnidhi mAtanAlisutiha jananiyaMte HKAS_04-12

I pariyali =as described in the earlier stanza

aritu = understanding so

uMba = the one who eats food

nara = person

nityOpavAsi = gets the phala (benefit) of having fasted everyday (even though he eats food everyday)

nirAmayanu = nirOgi – has no diseases

niShpApi = no pApa-s

nitya = always

mahat = supreme

suyaj~nAgaLa = good yaj~na-s

Acharisidavanu = obtains phala of having performed those (yaj~na-s)

pOpudu = they (ahaM-mama i.e. pride and selfishness, aj~nAna – ignorance) would leave that person

ippudu = subsist the knowledge (ParamAtma-jIva relationship is Lord-servant type and that ParamAtma is svataMtra)

bappudu = would get in future (j~nAna, bhakti & vairAgya and thus aprarOxa)

ella = all these specialities

ramApatige = to ParamAtma

adhishThAna = place of normal residence (meaning that He is the Regulator)

ennu = understand so

kR^ipApayOnidhi = kind ParamAtma

mAtanu = the requests of His devotees as per their yOgyata

jananiyaMte = just like a mother

Alisutiha = listens with love

JagannAtha dAsa says that a person who eat food with the understanding that the process of eating food is a mahAyaj~na and offer the same at the Feet of the Lord amid understanding of His existence in the two entities i.e. bhOjya and bhOktR^i and that via His biMba kriya, He eats all foods and accepts all rasa-s and provides satisfaction to the pratibiMba jIva, such a person is considered to be fasting always -‘nityOpavAsi’ and would be entitled to the phala equivalent to those who really observe fast. Such a person would not have diseases -‘nirOgi’ and remain healthy and thus be sinless -‘niShpApi’.

Such persons are entitled for the phala obtained for performing prANAgnihOtra and paMchAgnihotra yaj~na-s and they would be redeemed of all the incidents from

• Current experiences – ‘ippudu’

• Past experiences – ‘pOpudu’

• Future situations – ‘bappudu’

when we understand that ParamAtma is the Controller and Regulator and offer our action of this ‘mahayaj~na’ to Him.

Another way of looking at this is – crores of jIva-s are bound to the liMga dEha, tri-guNa-s and flow of kaRma and thus bound to the saMsAra – cycle of birth and death. Providing salvation to such kaRma bound jIva-s is the reason for this sR^iShTi.

saMchita kaRma i.e. accumulated kaRma which was not experienced in the previous janma is experienced in the current janma would ‘pOpudu’ meaning this would go. AgAmi kaRma i.e the kaRma experiences due to come in the next janma would ‘bappudu’ would arrive now. Only the ‘prArabdha’ kaRma would ‘ippudu’ meaning - remain until lImga dEha bhaMga.

ParamAtma causes and regulates all the above and that if we always meditate on him, then the kind ParamAtma would protect us just as a mother listens to her child and protects him.

shri kR^ishnarpanamastu