IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

- Non Kannada/Sanskrit Dasa Sahitya/composers in Dwaitha philosophy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

sri krishNaya namaH,namaskAra, My understanding is that the saints from maharashtra belong to what is called "varakari" sampradAya. This sampradAya is bhakti oriented, has lots of devotional songs, has devotion to vishNu, constant remembrance of names of vishNu etc., but has advaita as one of the concepts. For example, I have read, they do namaskAram to everybody since everybody is "brahman". I forget the technical term used for their philosophy. So, they can not be said to be followers of mAdhva sampradAya, even though many of their practices are similar to dAsa sampradAya.Hare krishNa,Vasu MurthyEmail:vasu_murthy, thoughtsrlifeChange your thoughts, change your

life.Sanjoooooooooooo <sanjay.durgIT_Madhva_Sangha Cc: Sumadhwa Seva <sumadhwaseva; VishwaMadhwa Sangha ; Madhwa YuvaParishat <madhwayuvaparishat >; nsathyaSent: Monday, April 6, 2009 1:52:14 PM Re: [iTMS] Information Request - Non

Kannada/Sanskrit Dasa Sahitya/composers in Dwaitha philosophy

Namaskara.I heard that Dasaru like Sant Tukarama, Tulasidasa, Meerabai, Sri Annamayya, Sri Badrachala Ramadas, Shri Tyagarajaru etc etc were all vishnu followers and much believed in Madhwa Philosophy too. Their songs truly depict Vishnu sarvottamatatva and pure Bhakti in the Lord.

ThanksSanjayOn Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Sathyanathan Jayatheerthan <nsathya (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Members,

I am sorry if my Subject line is confusing or misleading. I would be glad if some one can change it appropriately.

I am trying to know if there is any Dasa Parampara or composers who followed Dwaitha sidhantha and composed songs in languages other than Kannada/Sanskrit (like in Tamil, Telugu or any other language).

I am fully convinced that it may take "n" janma's to complete learning Dasa Sahityas composed in Kannada and Sanskrit by our Yathigalu's and Composers from Dasa Parampare.

However, I would like to know if any such literature exists. I have heard on several occasions from many that despite praising of Hari, compositions of Tyagaraja or Dikshithar don't stick to Dwaitha sidhantha.

Finally Tyagaraja composed a song in Raga Reethigowla with a starting note as Dwaithamu Sukhama. In this song, Tyagaraja preys to Lord Rama for showing the right path whether to choose Dwaitha or Adwaitha. Does anyone have any references to Tyagaraja's conclusion (through Sri Hari) after he composed this song.

I appreciate if I can get any pointers on my request.

Note: I don't have any slightest doubt in mind about our Dwaitha philosophy and it's supremacy over other philosophies. I am simply trying to see if Composers like Tyagaraja or their compositions can be sung without being afraid of deviating from the basics of our philosophy. I am one of those who spent years and years of learning Carnatic Music in Chennai through number of Compositions of Trinity and several others.

Thanks and regards

Sathya

Sathyanathan Jayatheerthan

Chennai

. Multitasking at its finest.

-- Cheers!Sanjay DurgSAP Consultant.Consulting Vedic Astrologer.http://www.hinduast ro.blogspot. com

ಬà³à²°à²¹à³à²® ಸತà³à²¯à²®à³ ಜಗತಸತà³à²¯à²‚ ಜೀವೋ ಬà³à²°à²¹à³à²®à²¾à²¨à³à²—à³:l ಇತಿ ಹರಿ: ಪರತರ:l

Guest guest

the one I haerd similar to Dwaitha philosophy is of Chaitannya Mahaprabhu.... now it is known as ISKON

Regards,

Anil Deshpande--- On Mon, 4/6/09, Vasu Murthy <vasu_murthy wrote:

Vasu Murthy <vasu_murthyRe: - Non Kannada/Sanskrit Dasa Sahitya/composers in Dwaitha philosophy"Sanjoooooooooooo" <sanjay.durgCc: "Sumadhwa Seva" <sumadhwaseva, "VishwaMadhwa Sangha" , nsathyaDate: Monday, April 6, 2009, 9:11 PM

sri krishNaya namaH,namaskAra,

My understanding is that the saints from maharashtra belong to what is called "varakari" sampradAya. This sampradAya is bhakti oriented, has lots of devotional songs, has devotion to vishNu, constant remembrance of names of vishNu etc., but has advaita as one of the concepts. For example, I have read, they do namaskAram to everybody since everybody is "brahman". I forget the technical term used for their philosophy. So, they can not be said to be followers of mAdhva sampradAya, even though many of their practices are similar to dAsa sampradAya.Hare krishNa,Vasu MurthyEmail:vasu_murthy@ , thoughtsrlife@ gmail.comChange your thoughts, change your life.

Sanjoooooooooooo <sanjay.durg@ gmail.com>IT_Madhva_SanghaCc: Sumadhwa Seva <sumadhwaseva@ . co.in>; VishwaMadhwa Sangha <>; Madhwa YuvaParishat <madhwayuvaparishat>; nsathya (AT) hotmail (DOT) comMonday, April 6, 2009 1:52:14 PM Re: [iTMS] Information Request - Non Kannada/Sanskrit Dasa Sahitya/composers in Dwaitha philosophy

Namaskara.

I heard that Dasaru like Sant Tukarama, Tulasidasa, Meerabai, Sri Annamayya, Sri Badrachala Ramadas, Shri Tyagarajaru etc etc were all vishnu followers and much believed in Madhwa Philosophy too. Their songs truly depict Vishnu sarvottamatatva and pure Bhakti in the Lord.

Thanks

Sanjay

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Sathyanathan Jayatheerthan <nsathya (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Members, I am sorry if my Subject line is confusing or misleading. I would be glad if some one can change it appropriately. I am trying to know if there is any Dasa Parampara or composers who followed Dwaitha sidhantha and composed songs in languages other than Kannada/Sanskrit (like in Tamil, Telugu or any other language). I am fully convinced that it may take "n" janma's to complete learning Dasa Sahityas composed in Kannada and Sanskrit by our Yathigalu's and Composers from Dasa Parampare. However, I would like to know if any such literature exists. I have heard on several occasions from many that despite praising of Hari, compositions of Tyagaraja or Dikshithar don't stick to Dwaitha sidhantha. Finally Tyagaraja composed a song in Raga Reethigowla with a starting note as Dwaithamu Sukhama. In this song, Tyagaraja preys to Lord Rama for showing the

right path whether to choose Dwaitha or Adwaitha. Does anyone have any references to Tyagaraja's conclusion (through Sri Hari) after he composed this song. I appreciate if I can get any pointers on my request. Note: I don't have any slightest doubt in mind about our Dwaitha philosophy and it's supremacy over other philosophies. I am simply trying to see if Composers like Tyagaraja or their compositions can be sung without being afraid of deviating from the basics of our philosophy. I am one of those who spent years and years of learning Carnatic Music in Chennai through number of Compositions of Trinity and several others. Thanks and regardsSathya Sathyanathan JayatheerthanChennai

. Multitasking at its finest.

-- Cheers!Sanjay DurgSAP Consultant.Consulting Vedic Astrologer.http://www.hinduast ro.blogspot. comಬà³à²°à²¹à³à²® ಸತà³à²¯à²®à³ ಜಗತಸತà³à²¯à²‚ ಜೀವೋ ಬà³à²°à²¹à³à²®à²¾à²¨à³à²—à³:l ಇತಿ ಹರಿ: ಪರತರ:l