IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

!!! Oath to control eating junk food !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaskara All,

Let us all take an oath to stop eating all possible

tamasic foods, which severely impacts our sharp minds to act otherwise.

We simply must avoid all tamasic food and attain a supreme state of

mind.

Let us try the following Stages of self

control (Stage 1 being easy to Stage 3 being difficult)

STAGE 1: Stop

eating Eggs (direct) and egg-based preparations.

Eggs in any form (as a Madhva I shouldn't have written this, but the

prevalence and situation demands so)

PLEASE

don't eat Egg based cakes, pastries, etc - this is no better than

eating boiled eggs. Remember it is not a vegetarian produce and

strictly prohibited for Brahmins by our Shastras. I cannot simply

emphasis this anymore.

You will lose your Brahmanatva and will

be inherently banished (if not physically at least consciously) from

the Madhva lineage. We cannot afford foolish and dumb situation to

continue.

STAGE 2: Stop

preparing Onion & Garlic at home

Onion

and Garlic are taamasic in nature, though beneficial to the body, there

are alternate satvic sources to replace the sulphur obtained from

Garlic (life Saunf). Please be aware that Onion and Garlic is fatal to

most animals and all herbivores avoid eating these bulbs. A dog can die

in a matter of 1-day if it is fed with either cooked or raw onions.

So, you must stop one of the following at home this chaturmaasa

1) Stop making Onion/Garlic at home OR

2) Stop worshiping Saligrama, lighting deepa, etc (supposedly easier)

STAGE 3: Stop

eating in Hotels/Eateries/Buffet

This

by far is the most difficult of all. We MUST stop eating in JUNK places

like hotels (either VEG or NON-VEG). Being a Brahmin, we CANNOT eat

food, which is prepared for PROFIT (though some mutts sell food in the

name of hastodaka – but since rama naivedya has happened, it is

somewhat acceptable).

I am not sure of any hotels, which

prepares without onion/garlic. It is not the culture of our Madhvas to

go OUT and EAT which has been prepared in by an incompetent sudhra,

muslim or chandala. We must eat FOOD prepared only at home or a Matha

in Madi.Its easy to write and difficult to practice is what most of you might be thinking and you all also might be thinking whether I myself follow all this or not. YES I try my best not to eat outside food as much as possible until and unless I am on tours on official work. Chaturmasa is very special and strict for me. I make sure that I dont eat/drink anything outside home, and thats the reason its only morning lunch and night supper for me all these 4 months, at least by this way I am away from eating anything outside through out the day.

Things cannot be changed overnight.Only if we all try and follow we can succeed. I request all of you to try and follow these minimum things for this 4 months to start with. So what are we waiting for !!! Lets take an oath and pray GOD that give us more strength and will power of not eating outside food.

Comments are most welcome.!!! Haraye Namaha !!!-- Kale Balkrishna

Vice President - ITMSMobile : +91-9849042501

visit my blog : http://kalebala.wordpress.com/

Slogan of the day : Please do Sandhyavandane Daily.

Guest guest

- " Mr Kerur B R " <kerur<narayankowlagi; <rajendera_shambu; <tangodpramod; " Anant Joshi " <anantjoshi74; " Anuradha Dixit " <dixitanuradha; " Aruna Purohit " <aruna_rb; " Dattatray Kulkarni Sify " <kulkarni295; " Dattatray Kulkarni " <Dattatray.kulkarni; " dhananjay mansabdar " <mansabdar2001; " Kale Seema " <kaleseema73; " pavan patki " <patki_pavan; " Raghavendar Rao " <raghavendar.t; " Sakharam Dixit Gmail " <sakharamdixit; " Sandhya Joshi " <sandhyashamjoshi; " Sridhar Purohit " <sridhar_purohit; " Swati Dattatray Kulkarni " <swathidattatray; " vanisree purohith " <vani.purohith; <guruprasadthirtha; <harishdesh; <vadiraj.ashrit; <yajurvedi; " Chandran, Raghotham " <Raghotham.Chandran; " Expect the best But be prepared for the worst. " <ramnaresh1983; " gopal ashrit " <gopalashrit; " gopalakrishnan subbarao " <gopal552005; " Guru Prasad " <guru3181977; " harish deshpande " <bhuvishwaroop; " Hemant Krishna " <hemant.krishna; " jaykumar lakshmanan " <ljkumar1967; " Krishna Raj " <krshnaraj; " lakshmi mahajankatti " <lakshmidmahajankatti; " MYP Gutti " <rtgutti40; " Raghavendracharya Jayamangal " <rjayam; " Raghvendra Katti " <rakatti; " Ramakrishnan N " <clicknrk; " Sameer Atre " <sam_atre; " Sandeep Inamdar " <sanmdar; " Sanjay Badithe " <sanlaksbvd; " Sanjay Durg " <sanjay.durg; " sarvotham rao " <chincholi_sr; " Sheshagiri K M ಶೇಷಗಿರಿ ಕೆ. ಎಂ " <sheshagirikm; " shruti bagalkot " <shruti.bagalkot; " subbarao Boovarahamoorthy " <sbmoorthy41; " suhas rao " <susirao; " Suparna Chincholi " <suparnacp; " Suresh Shiv Sagar Advocate " <sssagar_advo; " Thippa SrinivasaRao " <thippasrini; " varun cvr " <mamam4; " Batni Raghavendra " <nadasudha; " Bindumadhav Kerur " <kerurbr; " Madhusu...Rao C R " <madhu; " Madhusudhan - USA " <gmad864; " Meera Tadipatri " <mtadipatri; " Parimala Raghavendran " <ravipari01; " Raghavendra Batni - NadaSudha " <nadasudha; " SRINIVASANS " <gvss.srinivasan; " SRINIVASANS " <srinivasans; " vmutalik " <vmutalik; " Aditya GMail " <aditya.r.rao; " Aditya Rao " <aditya.rao; <guru_1998; " Harish Rao " <harishdrao; " ITMS Uday " <rayaru_uday2000; " Jayashri Joshi " <joshi_1911; " Kale Balkrishna " <kalebala; " Madhusudhan Kowlagi " <mgkowlgi; " pavan kumar " <pavan.k.kv; " Prahalad keerni " <keerni; " Prasanna Kovalam " <bhagatsingh; " Prasanna Venkatesh " <prasannanv; " Raghu Itbox " <raghavendar.t; " shyam karanam " <shyam_tribhuvan; " sudheendra srinivasan " <sudheendra4u; " Vikram Rayabhari " <vrayabhari; " Vithal Joshi " <vjniche; " roniex " <roniex; " Ritesh joshi " <coolrj4u; " Vinay Baji " <Vinay_Baji; <vijjubaji; " Kale Balkrishna " <kale1972

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 6:48 AMRe: !!! Oath to control eating junk food !!! Dear KaleThanks for reminding everyone about chaturmasa and home food. I know many in this email list are already performing chaturmasa vruta etc.. here are my two cents of my views to re-iterate benefits

Its difficult to make-up a mind, but once you pray god, do sankalpa and start, it will be very easy. But you need to make sincere efforts, all god will help you. It really changes gives a person good lessons on many aspects like dedication, internal strengths, how to eat any food of any limitations as hari naivedya etc..

My own experience on ekadashi and chaturmasa.. I started with Ekadashi (nirjala) about 20 years back, now without any trouble I perform.Re Chaturmasa, to start with ..I started with performing on Dashami, Dwadashi, Hunnimme, Amavasye and gurugaLa arAdhane days etc.. From few years, I perform on all the days, without any problems. two months dadhi and milk vruta are easy ones. ShAkha vruta is not that difficult. Last one - dwidala dhanya is little difficult.. But when you perform you feel great, sense of happiness and will certainly lead towards good thinking and sad-marga. I know its difficult, but benefits are more.. at least for that purpose.. when should do

When we are young, have physical and mental strength, have satsanga, have people like Kale and others to remind importance/benefits of such habits .. before any deceases like sugar,BP, heart related start/capture us.. lets put our sincere efforts..

Regards,Bindumadhav R Kerur98459-47220--- On Tue, 7/15/08, Kale Balkrishna <kale1972 wrote:

Kale Balkrishna <kale1972!!! Oath to control eating junk food !!!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 9:02 AMNamaskara All,Let us all take an oath to stop eating all possible tamasicfoods, whichseverely impacts our sharp minds to act otherwise. Wesimply must avoid all

tamasic food and attain a supreme state of mind.Let us try the following Stages of self control (Stage 1being easy to Stage3 being difficult)STAGE 1: Stop eating Eggs (direct) and egg-basedpreparations.

Eggs in any form (as a Madhva I shouldn't have writtenthis, but theprevalence and situation demands so)PLEASE don't eat Egg based cakes, pastries, etc - thisis no better thaneating boiled eggs. Remember it is not a vegetarian produce

and strictlyprohibited for Brahmins by our Shastras. I cannot simplyemphasis thisanymore.You will lose your Brahmanatva and will be inherentlybanished (if notphysically at least consciously) from the Madhva lineage.

We cannot affordfoolish and dumb situation to continue.STAGE 2: Stop preparing Onion & Garlic at homeOnion and Garlic are taamasic in nature, though beneficialto the body,there are alternate satvic sources to replace the sulphur

obtained fromGarlic (life Saunf). Please be aware that Onion and Garlicis fatal to mostanimals and all herbivores avoid eating these bulbs. A dogcan die in amatter of 1-day if it is fed with either cooked or raw

onions.So, you must stop one of the following at home thischaturmaasa1) Stop making Onion/Garlic at home*OR*2) Stop worshiping Saligrama, lighting deepa, etc(supposedly easier)

STAGE 3: Stop eating in Hotels/Eateries/BuffetThis by far is the most difficult of all. We MUST stopeating in JUNK placeslike hotels (either VEG or NON-VEG). Being a Brahmin, weCANNOT eat food,which is prepared for PROFIT (though some mutts sell food

in the name ofhastodaka – but since rama naivedya has happened, it issomewhatacceptable).I am not sure of any hotels, which prepares withoutonion/garlic. It is notthe culture of our Madhvas to go OUT and EAT which has been

prepared in byan incompetent sudhra, muslim or chandala. We must eat FOODprepared only athome or a Matha in Madi.Its easy to write and difficult to practice is what most ofyou might bethinking and you all also might be thinking whether I

myself follow all thisor not. YES I try my best not to eat outside food as muchas possible untiland unless I am on tours on official work. Chaturmasa isvery special andstrict for me. I make sure that I dont eat/drink anything

outside home, andthats the reason its only morning lunch and night supperfor me all these 4months, at least by this way I am away from eating anythingoutside throughout the day.Things cannot be changed overnight.Only if we all try and

follow we cansucceed. I request all of you to try and follow theseminimum things forthis 4 months to start with. So what are we waiting for !!!Lets take anoath and pray GOD that give us more strength and will power

of not eatingoutside food.Comments are most welcome.!!! Haraye Namaha !!!-- Kale BalkrishnaVice President - ITMSMobile : +91-9849042501visit my blog : http://kalebala.wordpress.com/

*Slogan of the day : Please do Sandhyavandane Daily. *-- *shriishaH sharaNam.h*mama svAmI harirnityaMsarvasya patireva cha*xemaM vidhAsyati sa no bhagavAn.h tryadhIshaH | trAtAsmadIyavimR^ishena

kiyAnihArthaH*sarvAdhAraH, sarvakAraH, sarvaprerakaH, sarvasattApradaH,sarvashabdavAchyaH, sarvAchintyaH, sarvakarmakartA, sarvakarmapUjyaH, sarvakarmasAxI,sarvadevAdivandyaHviShNuH sarvottamaH, anantaguNapUrNaH, doShadUraH, svatantraH, sarvasvAmI,

sarvasR^iShTyAdikartA, sarvAntaryamI, sarvavyAptaH, mama anantopakArakaH,sa eva gurudevatAntargataH san.h pApAdi nAshayati, bhaktiGYAnAdi anugR^iNAtitaddAsohaM, nAhaM svatantraH na mama kArakANi, sarvANi taddattAnyeva, sarvaM

tasmin.h samarpyatepUrNaH preShThaH paraH svAmI vyAptaH kartA upakArakaH | raxatyeva tadIyaMmAM karmArchyo gurudevagaHsarvarige preraka sarvakartabhoktasarvatradali vyApta sarvashabda vAchasarvaguNa paripUrNa sarvadoShadUra

sarvaGYAnagamya sarvashakta mUrtisarvesha cheluva gopAlaviThalareyasarvAntariyAmi sarvabauma namo