IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

- Thanks to All

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shree Hari Ram Ram Thank you all for your contribution to the Gita-talk group. Many are contributing through reading, some by raising questions and some by responding to the questions. The group has created new enthusiasm and interest in Gitaji for the inspiration to many. The year 2007 has been specially good, with great questions and responses that are being shared to over 4,000 sadhaks. Let us keep up this sharing and learning. Given that everyone is so busy in today's life style, the e-mail volume has increased tremendously and many are having difficulty in dealing with the e-mail. Due to lack of time, some may delete the message without reading it. Believe, we can all help to reduce the burden by focusing our precise questions and responses specifically on Gita related subjects only. The moderators will appreciate your following the guidelines below: GUIDELINES:1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhakas clarify their doubts related to Gitaji shalokas. Therefore, responses which further clarify the understanding of

Gitaji, will only be posted.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate your response.3. Kindly do not include personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Please make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible).5. Kindly focus your writing to the subject at hand only.6. Please do not include links to the other sites or other organizations.7. Kindly do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc.8. Please do not address the response to a particular individual since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to the large readership, all responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.11. Please respond taking into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Kindly limit the use

to Sanskrit words only and provide the English word with Sanskrit bracketed wherever possible. Warm Regards, Ram Ram

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

I appreciate what Madanji has written. However, I would like to clarify by adding that "Sadhak" means "Seeker". I have seen that many times we lose focus on this matter. People ask any question (may be for the sake of asking and not as a seeker) and then the group starts deliberating on that subject endlessly. Moderator needs to make his presence felt in such matters.

A.H.Dalmia

-

Madan kaura

Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:52 PM

Re: - Thanks to All

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Thank you all for your contribution to the Gita-talk group. Many are contributing through reading, some by raising questions and some by responding to the questions. The group has created new enthusiasm and interest in Gitaji for the inspiration to many. The year 2007 has been specially good, with great questions and responses that are being shared to over 4,000 sadhaks. Let us keep up this sharing and learning.

Given that everyone is so busy in today's life style, the e-mail volume has increased tremendously and many are having difficulty in dealing with the e-mail. Due to lack of time, some may delete the message without reading it. Believe, we can all help to reduce the burden by focusing our precise questions and responses specifically on Gita related subjects only. The moderators will appreciate your following the guidelines below:

GUIDELINES:1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhakas clarify their doubts related to Gitaji shalokas. Therefore, responses which further clarify the understanding of Gitaji, will only be posted.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate your response.3. Kindly do not include personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Please make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible).5. Kindly focus your writing to the subject at hand only.6. Please do not include links to the other sites or other organizations.7. Kindly do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc.8. Please do not address the response to a particular individual since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to the large readership, all responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.11. Please respond taking into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Kindly limit the use to Sanskrit words only and provide the English word with Sanskrit bracketed wherever possible. Warm Regards,

Ram Ram

Guest guest

|| Om Namaha Shivaya ||

Pranam Coordinator-ji,

It is 12th January. For the last so many days there has no activity in the forum of Gita-talk group. I always look forward to the lively discussion on Gita. It provides one with insight into the Gita and one is able to clear his doubts. What is the problem with the Group? Why have all the members quiet?

Wishing the Group spiritually uplifting year ahead!

Yours sicnerely,

sanatansurya

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 Madan kaura wrote :

>Shree Hari

>

> Ram Ram

>

> Thank you all for your contribution to the Gita-talk group. Many are contributing through reading, some by raising questions and some by responding to the questions. The group has created new enthusiasm and interest in Gitaji for the inspiration to many. The year 2007 has been specially good, the membership in the Gita-talk group has increased by .... , certainly would like to keep up this momentum.

>

> Given that everyone is so busy in today's life style, the e-mail volume has increased tremendously and many are having difficulty in dealing with the e-mail. Due to lack of time, some may delete the message without reading it. Believe, we can all help to reduce the burden by focusing our precise questions and responses specifically on Gita related subjects only. The moderators will appreciate your following the guidelines below:

>

> GUIDELINES:

>1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhakas clarify their doubts related to Gitaji shalokas. Therefore, responses which further clarify the understanding of Gitaji, will only be posted.

>2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate your response.

>3. Kindly do not include personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.

>4. Please make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible).

>5. Kindly focus your writing to the subject at hand only.

>6. Please do not include links to the other sites or other organizations.

>7. Kindly do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc.

>8. Please do not address the response to a particular individual since the message is going to the entire group.

>9. Due to the large readership, all responses may not be posted.

>10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.

>11. Please respond taking into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Kindly limit the use to Sanskrit words only and provide the English word with Sanskrit bracketed wherever possible.

>

>Warm Regards,

> MODERATOR

>

>Ram Ram

Guest guest

Generally I am only a lurker (sort of like Eklavya, upto a point anyway). Secondly given my monkey mind and the tantalizing maya that I succumb to by the second I don't think I can call myself a Sadhaka. But if I am one then I am a Sadhaka by accident not by design. Please forgive this digression (I think it is a reasonable example of my monkey mind) and such digressions as may occur hereafter.

Firstly I would like to offer my gratitude to all group members who write in and share their reflections, hunger for seeking and what they have found or question in their journey. Secondly, I offer my highest gratitude to the originator(s) of this group, even though I have not vaguest idea as to how I got into this group, but it seems to be a happy accident because I find that like all streams of true life this one, in the form of this group, also pulsates with energy and liveliness. I would like to comment on the posting from Shri Madan Kaura, whom I must confess I do not know. But he is definitely the moderator and perhaps even the one who started this group.

I believe that the the Bhagvad Gita is life itself, and life is a breathing, living entity which has feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. But if one cannot express one's personal feelings (which too are arise from someone's personal beliefs or responses), opinions, beliefs etc. then what is a group member to write about. In that case a printed copy of the Bhagvad Gita will be sufficient and there is no need for a group such as this one. Please forgive me for overstating my thoughts. But if I may be indulged just for this one e-mail I would like to state my opinion. I believe that feelings, opinions, beliefs, thoughts etc. are instruments of inquiry. And in delving into the song of God (Bhagvad Gita) one cannot but express onself through such instruments. We are also human beings, and some of us at least (like myself) lead an ordinary life and can only arrive at the truth through different forms of simple inquiry. And if I may I would like to make a suggestion. That the scope of this group not be restricted and and instead allow feelings, opinions, beliefs, thoughts that group participants have. But that the moderator(s) inject into the discussion that takes place the direction that is expected, when from the moderator(s) point of view the discussion has gone off-topic. Needless to say anything unrelated to Vedantic spiritual inquiry be excluded.

In my personal opinion I would say that any discussion in the group be allowed so long as it focuses on spirituality in general and the Bhagvad Gita in particular. I believe an interweaving of thoughts, reflections, opinions, beliefs, feelings etc. into the content of the Bhagvad Gita or vice versa is possible.

None of what I have written above is spoken from either a soapbox or pulpit. These are suggestions and nothing more. The moderator(s) can of course choose to ignore them and that is their prerogative.

I don't think there is anything wrong for a recipient of these e-mail postings to press the delete key if they think that the posting is not meaningful to them. In fact I am virtually certain that many of us do so daily with the junk mail we receive. Another issue is that if we limit our responses to a 20 line minimum that would be discouraging to anyone who would like to express something that is somehwhat complex. Though the fact is that most group member postings do not.

Thank you for reading through this somewhat rambling post.

Salutations to those who light the way and esp. those who have gone before us.

Biraj Khosla

P.S.: Does anyone know what happened to Eklavya? Does his part end with the Guru Dakshina and the Gods being pleased with him or is there more to his role and story? Any elaboration on this will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

-

A H Dalmia

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:20 AM

I appreciate what Madanji has written. However, I would like to clarify by adding that "Sadhak" means "Seeker". I have seen that many times we lose focus on this matter. People ask any question (may be for the sake of asking and not as a seeker) and then the group starts deliberating on that subject endlessly. Moderator needs to make his presence felt in such matters.

A.H.Dalmia

-

Madan kaura

Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:52 PM

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Thank you all for your contribution to the Gita-talk group. Many are contributing through reading, some by raising questions and some by responding to the questions. The group has created new enthusiasm and interest in Gitaji for the inspiration to many. The year 2007 has been specially good, with great questions and responses that are being shared to over 4,000 sadhaks. Let us keep up this sharing and learning.

Given that everyone is so busy in today's life style, the e-mail volume has increased tremendously and many are having difficulty in dealing with the e-mail. Due to lack of time, some may delete the message without reading it. Believe, we can all help to reduce the burden by focusing our precise questions and responses specifically on Gita related subjects only. The moderators will appreciate your following the guidelines below:

GUIDELINES:1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhakas clarify their doubts related to Gitaji shalokas. Therefore, responses which further clarify the understanding of Gitaji, will only be posted.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate your response.3. Kindly do not include personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Please make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible).5. Kindly focus your writing to the subject at hand only.6. Please do not include links to the other sites or other organizations.7. Kindly do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc.8. Please do not address the response to a particular individual since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to the large readership, all responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.11. Please respond taking into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Kindly limit the use to Sanskrit words only and provide the English word with Sanskrit bracketed wherever possible. Warm Regards,

Ram Ram