IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Krsna - Our Best Friend

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna my dear devotees, I hope your week has been blessed and you have been able to chant nicely with too much love and devotion.Today I was listening to a lecture from my Gurudev H.H. Giriraj Swami and he made an analogy about the mother that had five kids and one of them is sick. So she cooks for the four kids one kind of food and for the sick one another so he may feel better and be cured - the same way that we are sick from this material disease...thinking that we are all the enjoyers of this world and this life is designed to enjoy and have fun we suffer. We don't take the appropriate medicine for the disease we have - it's like a person that suffers from jaundice, this person takes sugar but the taste is bitter and after awhile it becomes sweeter and sweeter as the medicine is taking effect on the patient. So sometimes we know the medicine for our suffering but we avoid taking it....sometimes we want the Lord but not as the center of our lives but just in the background, as if we were in the stage and the Lord is only supporting us.

This is the lesson I got from his lecture and I understood that it's true. I think a lot about myself, how I am going to mantain the house and my kids, the gym, food and the Lord is always there acting in the background - as if He was there just to participate in a life that actually belongs to me, not to Him.

He is not the most important actor in this film, He just participates because I am a devotee and I need the Lord in my life. Then I do understand that I need the right medicine for this disease - chanting, hearing, devotional service to devotees and be more grateful to the Lord instead of keep asking for more material things and complaining about what I don't have.

Krsna is our best friend, He knows what we need and He already mantains us like all the world is maintained by Him anyway - nothing happens without His desire and action. So what we really need to develop is faith, strong faith that we are protected - that we are in the Lord's hands, believing or not we are...He is the only one who is able to change the course of things in our lives and also gives us intelligence to see the things as they are.

First we need to develop a relationship with this Lord, a deeper one - not just a ritualistic method of worshiping Him but a sincere desire to serve Him and to be with Him while chanting and also to understand His desires to our live - what He wants us to do and what service we could do to Him in order to please Him more.

So that's a very difficult task for us. Maybe we could make it easier if we develop the mood of service, a humble state of mind and prayer to ask the Lord to participate more in our lives and invite him to our best part of the house when we chant - not just the backyard...not far but closer - closer to our heart as possible so we will share with the Lord our best, and give Him our best service and maybe one day we could see the Lord as our best friend.

I would like to wish a very good weekend to you and ask your blessings so I can develop more my relationship with the Lord and become a better chanter myself.your servant,Aruna devi

-- In this material world the conditioned soul is very much distracted from his original all-knowing, all-blissful nature as Krishna's eternal servant because he is carried away by the so-called taste of material sense gratification. This artificial taste is encouraged and exploited by the materialistic propaganda mongers who make a handsome profit by misguiding the people in general promoting cigarettes, liquor, prostitution, meat eating, etc. The foolish sense enjoyer tries to become happy by squeezing as much pleasure as possible out of these things, but because there is no factual pleasure in sense gratification, the poor soul is ultimately left in a state of frustration and bewilderment. If, however, he will reconnect with his original transcendental nature diving deep into his eternal identity as the servant of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he will taste a pleasure that is unlimitedly sublime and will go on increasing forever.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare