IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Home and a House

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

This thought came up today. What is the difference between a "Home" and a "House"?

To me a Home is where all inhabitants live in peace, with love and all live a harmonious life, where as in a House people share a place to live or to conduct a business. A nursing "home" is so called because the care extended to the inhabitants only. What we see in "Parliament House" need no explanation.

This is my personal experience that is a fact, very true and nothing but "the truth."

My Father asked my mother (as narrated by her to me when she was alive) "Let us go to our permanent home" prior to his demise. He left this world and his physical body on 4Jan 1988.

What is a "permanent" home? When I was young, I had a "Permanent" home and address, but that is no more. As a youth I had so many addresses but they are all gone. We had a home (rather a flat) address in Ghatkopar, that too is not "ours" now. While in Muscat, I had a "home" or rather a "house", that was rented but the "postal mails" came to our company address. I am not sure if they have introduced "home delivery" now. Here in USA I have no home in my name, but we have "3 homes" where we are welcome any time and we are travelers. When this journey ends, I hope I will find my "home" or "permanent HOME".

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

"live and let live"

"They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive"

Guest guest

Very profound thoughts. The permanent home is only when we attain the feet of the Lord . That is home-coming. Till then we take many lives and th body in each of the lives is only temporary home.Philosophy apart, a house is a place you reside and a home is the place you live.Unless you live in a house making your presence felt with love and caring, it does not become a home.Otherwise it is only a meeting place to eat and to sleep, where no thoughts or feelings are shared. Your house is a home when whoever comes there feel at home with you. You don't have to give them rich food or comforts but by giving them love and affection you make them feel at home and leave with a nice feeling of having spent a pleasant time.I tis because where love is there God is and it has a semblance of your permanent home, meaning the nearness to the

Lord.saroja Ramanujam --- On Wed, 3/24/10, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Home and a House"Guruv" <guruvayur >Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 8:43 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya

This thought came up today. What is the difference between a "Home" and a "House"?

To me a Home is where all inhabitants live in peace, with love and all live a harmonious life, where as in a House people share a place to live or to conduct a business. A nursing "home" is so called because the care extended to the inhabitants only. What we see in "Parliament House" need no explanation.

This is my personal experience that is a fact, very true and nothing but "the truth."

My Father asked my mother (as narrated by her to me when she was alive) "Let us go to our permanent home" prior to his demise. He left this world and his physical body on 4Jan 1988.

What is a "permanent" home? When I was young, I had a "Permanent" home and address, but that is no more. As a youth I had so many addresses but they are all gone. We had a home (rather a flat) address in Ghatkopar, that too is not "ours" now. While in Muscat, I had a "home" or rather a "house", that was rented but the "postal mails" came to our company address. I am not sure if they have introduced "home delivery" now. Here in USA I have no home in my name, but we have "3 homes" where we are welcome any time and we are travelers. When this journey ends, I hope I will find my "home" or "permanent HOME".

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

"live and let live"

Guest guest

Hari-Om

A house is entirely different from a home.

A home is where a person/persons live and spend time with family sharing love,

grief, suffering and joy ,raise children and grow old gracefully, eat, drink

and entertain , whereas a house is just a physical structure devoid of any human

activity. A home can be a house but a house becomes a home only if a person

makes it his/her home. One may have his ancestral home ,still he may choose to

have a second home. near or far at home or wy from home .

A person's birth place is also his home, hence the saying, He is home-bound.

Home is one's own dwelling place; the HOUSE in which he lives with his family,

the habitual abode of one's family.All other places one choose to live are only

temporary homes.

When we leave this world we cannot say we are going to our permanent home

because we do not know for sure where we will be headed - Heaven ? Hell ? or

some other place or nowhere .

Byron once said : He entered his house ---his home no more, for without hearts ,

there is no HOME.

In short, Home is where the hearts are.

jai shree krishna !

Achuthan Nair

guruvayur , Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> This thought came up today. What is the difference between a " Home " and a

" House " ?

> To me a Home is where all inhabitants live in peace, with love and all live a

harmonious life, where as in a House people share a place to live or to conduct

a business. A nursing " home " is so called because the care extended to the

inhabitants only. What we see in " Parliament House " need no explanation.

> This is my personal experience that is a fact, very true and nothing but " the

truth. "

> My Father asked my mother (as narrated by her to me when she was alive) " Let

us go to our permanent home " prior to his demise. He left this world and his

physical body on 4Jan 1988.  

> What is a " permanent " home? When I was young, I had a  " Permanent " home and

address, but that is no more. As a youth I had so many addresses but they are

all gone. We had a home (rather a flat) address in Ghatkopar, that too

is not  " ours " now. While in Muscat, I had a " home " or rather a " house " , that was

rented but the " postal mails " came to our company address. I am not sure if they

have introduced " home delivery " now. Here in USA I have no home in my name, but

we have " 3 homes " where we are welcome any time and we are travelers.  When this

journey ends, I hope I will find my  " home " or " permanent HOME " .

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> Chandrasekharan

>  

> " live and let live "

> " They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive "

>

Guest guest

Guruvayoorappa.

A Home without ‘heart’ is a House .How beautifully

it is said.

There is ‘ OM ’in HOME; it is not in HOUSE.

Padaravindame Saranam, Guruvayoorappa Saranam.

mpr

'Sarvesham Shanthir Bhavathu'

Thank you,

Have a great day,

Regards,

mprnair,

guruvayur [guruvayur ] On Behalf Of A

Nair

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:22 PM

guruvayur

[Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Hari-Om

and entertain , whereas a house is just a physical structure devoid of any

human activity. A home can be a house but a house becomes a home only if a

person makes it his/her home. One may have his ancestral home ,still he may

choose to have a second home. near or far at home or wy from home .

temporary homes.

Byron once said : He entered his house ---his home no more, for without hearts

, there is no HOME.

jai shree krishna !

Achuthan Nair

guruvayur ,

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> This thought came up today. What is the difference between a

" Home " and a " House " ?

> To me a Home is where all inhabitants live in peace, with love and

all live a harmonious life, where as in a House people share a place to

live or to conduct a business. A nursing " home " is so called

because the care extended to the inhabitants only. What we see in

" Parliament House " need no explanation.

> This is my personal experience that is a fact, very true and nothing

but " the truth. "

> My Father asked my mother (as narrated by her to me when she was

alive) " Let us go to our permanent home " prior to his demise. He left

this world and his physical body on 4Jan 1988.

> What is a " permanent " home? When I was young, I

had a " Permanent " home and address, but that is no more. As a

youth I had so many addresses but they are all gone. We had a home (rather

a flat) address in Ghatkopar, that too is not " ours " now.

While in Muscat, I had a " home " or rather a

" house " , that was rented but the " postal mails " came

to our company address. I am not sure if they have introduced " home

delivery " now. Here in USA I have no home in my name, but we have

" 3 homes " where we are welcome any time and we are travelers.

When this journey ends, I hope I will find my " home " or

" permanent HOME " .

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> Chandrasekharan

>

> " live and let live "

> " They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than

alive "

>

Guest guest

Dear brother Chandraji and respected Sarojaji,Radhe Krishna!It is a pleasure to be " back home " with you all after a long time, as the book as already gone to the press, and I feel really " at home " now.

There is an old saying which I learnt in my second form, " Home is Home, however unhomely it is. "    What we learn when we are quite young, cannot be forgotten that easily, isn't it?   Your mails brought this into my mind.  Thanks for that.   My problem is that I have too many " homes " .   If we apply the philosophy you have propagated, it will serve our sense of detachment better, if we have lesser number of " homes " !

Coming back to the home front, what causes a bit concern, is our brother Sastry's health.  Although I visit him frequently, I dont give out a bulletin, as his health had, all the time, been like that only ever since I knew him.   The pity is although he is himself a doctor by profession, and all clinical tests are okay in his case, his breathlessness and gastric problems could not be diagnosed even by himself.  All the same, there are at least 25 doctors treating him.   Probably he has been overdrugged, especially with antibiotics.    Lots of family problems, putting him to a state of depression.   Now he is again in the ICU as his sodium level had gone down  This morning's report from his son was that it had slightly improved.

I plan to visit him during coming week-end, as I hope he will be bsck home by that time.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:

Very profound thoughts. The permanent home is only when we attain the feet of the Lord . That is home-coming. Till then we take many lives and th body in each of the lives is only temporary home.

Philosophy apart, a house is a place you reside and a home is the place you live.Unless you live in a house making your presence felt with love and caring, it does not become a home.Otherwise it is only  a meeting place to eat and to sleep, where no thoughts or feelings are shared.  Your house is a home when whoever comes there feel at home with you. You don't have to give them rich food or comforts but by giving them love and affection you make them feel at home and leave with a nice feeling of having spent a pleasant time.I tis because where love is there God is and it has a semblance of your permanent home, meaning the nearness to the

Lord.saroja Ramanujam --- On Wed, 3/24/10, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Home and a House " Guruv " <guruvayur >

Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 8:43 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya

This thought came up today. What is the difference between a " Home " and a " House " ?

To me a Home is where all inhabitants live in peace, with love and all live a harmonious life, where as in a House people share a place to live or to conduct a business. A nursing " home " is so called because the care extended to the inhabitants only. What we see in " Parliament House " need no explanation.

This is my personal experience that is a fact, very true and nothing but " the truth. "

My Father asked my mother (as narrated by her to me when she was alive) " Let us go to our permanent home " prior to his demise. He left this world and his physical body on 4Jan 1988.  

What is a " permanent " home? When I was young, I had a  " Permanent " home and address, but that is no more. As a youth I had so many addresses but they are all gone. We had a home (rather a flat) address in Ghatkopar, that too is not  " ours " now. While in Muscat, I had a " home " or rather a " house " , that was rented but the " postal mails " came to our company address. I am not sure if they have introduced " home delivery " now. Here in USA I have no home in my name, but we have " 3 homes " where we are welcome any time and we are travelers.  When this journey ends, I hope I will find my  " home " or " permanent HOME " .

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan 

" live and let live "

" They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive "

-- न करà¥à¤®à¤£à¤¾ न पà¥à¤°à¤œà¤¯à¤¾ धनेन तà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤—ेनैके अमृततà¥à¤µà¤®à¤¾à¤¨à¤¶à¥:| परेण नाकं निहितं गà¥à¤¹à¤¾à¤¯à¤¾à¤‚ विभà¥à¤°à¤¾à¤œà¤¤à¥‡ यदà¥à¤¯à¤¤à¤¯à¥‹ विशनà¥à¤¤à¤¿||  कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||  

കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿  മംഗളം  നാമ  യസàµà´¯  വാചി  പàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡              ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿  തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ  മഹാപാതകകൊടയ:    .

Guest guest

Sorry to hear that Sasriji is not yet out of the woods completely. sometimes too much medication itself becomes harmful to health. We are all praying for his welfare and hope that he will recover soon.saroja Ramnuajam--- On Thu, 3/25/10, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvRe: [Guruvayur] Home and a Houseguruvayur Date: Thursday, March 25, 2010, 2:53 PM

Dear brother Chandraji and respected Sarojaji,Radhe Krishna!It is a pleasure to be "back home" with you all after a long time, as the book as already gone to the press, and I feel really "at home" now.

There is an old saying which I learnt in my second form, "Home is Home, however unhomely it is." What we learn when we are quite young, cannot be forgotten that easily, isn't it? Your mails brought this into my mind. Thanks for that. My problem is that I have too many "homes". If we apply the philosophy you have propagated, it will serve our sense of detachment better, if we have lesser number of "homes" !

Coming back to the home front, what causes a bit concern, is our brother Sastry's health. Although I visit him frequently, I dont give out a bulletin, as his health had, all the time, been like that only ever since I knew him. The pity is although he is himself a doctor by profession, and all clinical tests are okay in his case, his breathlessness and gastric problems could not be diagnosed even by himself. All the same, there are at least 25 doctors treating him. Probably he has been overdrugged, especially with antibiotics. Lots of family problems, putting him to a state of depression. Now he is again in the ICU as his sodium level had gone down This morning's report from his son was that it had slightly improved.

I plan to visit him during coming week-end, as I hope he will be bsck home by that time.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 > wrote:

Very profound thoughts. The permanent home is only when we attain the feet of the Lord . That is home-coming. Till then we take many lives and th body in each of the lives is only temporary home.

Philosophy apart, a house is a place you reside and a home is the place you live.Unless you live in a house making your presence felt with love and caring, it does not become a home.Otherwise it is only a meeting place to eat and to sleep, where no thoughts or feelings are shared. Your house is a home when whoever comes there feel at home with you. You don't have to give them rich food or comforts but by giving them love and affection you make them feel at home and leave with a nice feeling of having spent a pleasant time.I tis because where love is there God is and it has a semblance of your permanent home, meaning the nearness to the

Lord.saroja Ramanujam --- On Wed, 3/24/10, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ > wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ >[Guruvayur] Home and a House"Guruv" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>

Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 8:43 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

"live and let live"

-- न करà¥à¤®à¤£à¤¾ न पà¥à¤°à¤œà¤¯à¤¾ धनेन तà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤—ेनैके अमृततà¥à¤µà¤®à¤¾à¤¨à¤¶à¥:| परेण नाकं निहितं गà¥à¤¹à¤¾à¤¯à¤¾à¤‚ विभà¥à¤°à¤¾à¤œà¤¤à¥‡ यदà¥à¤¯à¤¤à¤¯à¥‹ विशनà¥à¤¤à¤¿|| कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||

കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡ ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .

Guest guest

Hari Om!

Too good thoughts by Gurudevs.... Thanks a lot.

By the way, to avoid confusion, let us take it as, " Our mind is Home and all others made out of bricks and cement are Houses " .

Om Namo Narayanaya Nama!!

On 25 March 2010 14:53, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

Dear brother Chandraji and respected Sarojaji,Radhe Krishna!It is a pleasure to be " back home " with you all after a long time, as the book as already gone to the press, and I feel really " at home " now.

There is an old saying which I learnt in my second form, " Home is Home, however unhomely it is. "    What we learn when we are quite young, cannot be forgotten that easily, isn't it?   Your mails brought this into my mind.  Thanks for that.   My problem is that I have too many " homes " .   If we apply the philosophy you have propagated, it will serve our sense of detachment better, if we have lesser number of " homes " !

Coming back to the home front, what causes a bit concern, is our brother Sastry's health.  Although I visit him frequently, I dont give out a bulletin, as his health had, all the time, been like that only ever since I knew him.   The pity is although he is himself a doctor by profession, and all clinical tests are okay in his case, his breathlessness and gastric problems could not be diagnosed even by himself.  All the same, there are at least 25 doctors treating him.   Probably he has been overdrugged, especially with antibiotics.    Lots of family problems, putting him to a state of depression.   Now he is again in the ICU as his sodium level had gone down  This morning's report from his son was that it had slightly improved.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:

Philosophy apart, a house is a place you reside and a home is the place you live.Unless you live in a house making your presence felt with love and caring, it does not become a home.Otherwise it is only  a meeting place to eat and to sleep, where no thoughts or feelings are shared.  Your house is a home when whoever comes there feel at home with you. You don't have to give them rich food or comforts but by giving them love and affection you make them feel at home and leave with a nice feeling of having spent a pleasant time.I tis because where love is there God is and it has a semblance of your permanent home, meaning the nearness to the Lord.

saroja Ramanujam --- On Wed, 3/24/10, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Home and a House

" Guruv " <guruvayur >Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 8:43 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya

This thought came up today. What is the difference between a " Home " and a " House " ?

To me a Home is where all inhabitants live in peace, with love and all live a harmonious life, where as in a House people share a place to live or to conduct a business. A nursing " home " is so called because the care extended to the inhabitants only. What we see in " Parliament House " need no explanation.

This is my personal experience that is a fact, very true and nothing but " the truth. "

My Father asked my mother (as narrated by her to me when she was alive) " Let us go to our permanent home " prior to his demise. He left this world and his physical body on 4Jan 1988.  

What is a " permanent " home? When I was young, I had a  " Permanent " home and address, but that is no more. As a youth I had so many addresses but they are all gone. We had a home (rather a flat) address in Ghatkopar, that too is not  " ours " now. While in Muscat, I had a " home " or rather a " house " , that was rented but the " postal mails " came to our company address. I am not sure if they have introduced " home delivery " now. Here in USA I have no home in my name, but we have " 3 homes " where we are welcome any time and we are travelers.  When this journey ends, I hope I will find my  " home " or " permanent HOME " .

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan 

" live and let live "

" They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive "

-- न करà¥à¤®à¤£à¤¾ न पà¥à¤°à¤œà¤¯à¤¾ धनेन तà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤—ेनैके अमृततà¥à¤µà¤®à¤¾à¤¨à¤¶à¥:| परेण नाकं निहितं गà¥à¤¹à¤¾à¤¯à¤¾à¤‚ विभà¥à¤°à¤¾à¤œà¤¤à¥‡ यदà¥à¤¯à¤¤à¤¯à¥‹ विशनà¥à¤¤à¤¿||  

कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||  കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿  മംഗളം  നാമ  യസàµà´¯  വാചി  പàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡              ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿  തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ  മഹാപാതകകൊടയ:    .

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangaloreMy Website url: http://higherstudy.hpage.com

-------my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/--A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

I too echo Sarojaji's feelings and pray Lord Guruvayoorappan to Bless our Dr. BGY Sastry for his complete recovery.

Om Namo Narayanaya

"live and let live"

Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18guruvayur Sent: Thu, March 25, 2010 8:16:12 AMRe: [Guruvayur] Home and a House

Sorry to hear that Sasriji is not yet out of the woods completely. sometimes too much medication itself becomes harmful to health. We are all praying for his welfare and hope that he will recover soon. saroja Ramnuajam--- On Thu, 3/25/10, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: [Guruvayur] Home and a Houseguruvayur@grou ps.comThursday, March 25, 2010, 2:53 PM

Dear brother Chandraji and respected Sarojaji,Radhe Krishna!It is a pleasure to be "back home" with you all after a long time, as the book as already gone to the press, and I feel really "at home" now.There is an old saying which I learnt in my second form, "Home is Home, however unhomely it is." What we learn when we are quite young, cannot be forgotten that easily, isn't it? Your mails brought this into my mind. Thanks for that. My problem is that I have too many "homes". If we apply the philosophy you have propagated, it will serve our sense of detachment better, if we have lesser number of "homes" !Coming back to the home front, what causes a bit concern, is our brother Sastry's health. Although I visit him frequently, I dont give out a bulletin, as his health had, all the time, been like that only ever since I knew him. The pity is although he is

himself a doctor by profession, and all clinical tests are okay in his case, his breathlessness and gastric problems could not be diagnosed even by himself. All the same, there are at least 25 doctors treating him. Probably he has been overdrugged, especially with antibiotics. Lots of family problems, putting him to a state of depression. Now he is again in the ICU as his sodium level had gone down This morning's report from his son was that it had slightly improved.I plan to visit him during coming week-end, as I hope he will be bsck home by that time.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 > wrote:

Philosophy apart, a house is a place you reside and a home is the place you live.Unless you live in a house making your presence felt with love and caring, it does not become a home.Otherwise it is only a meeting place to eat and to sleep, where no thoughts or feelings are shared. Your house is a home when whoever comes there feel at home with you. You don't have to give them rich food or comforts but by giving them love and affection you make them feel at home and leave with a nice feeling of having spent a pleasant time.I tis because where love is there God is and it has a semblance of your permanent home, meaning the nearness to the Lord.

saroja Ramanujam --- On Wed, 3/24/10, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ > wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ >[Guruvayur] Home and a House"Guruv" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 8:43 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

"live and let live"

-- न करà¥à¤®à¤£à¤¾ न पà¥à¤°à¤œà¤¯à¤¾ धनेन तà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤—ेनैके अमृततà¥à¤µà¤®à¤¾à¤¨à¤¶à¥:| परेण नाकं निहितं गà¥à¤¹à¤¾à¤¯à¤¾à¤‚ विभà¥à¤°à¤¾à¤œà¤¤à¥‡ यदà¥à¤¯à¤¤à¤¯à¥‹ विशनà¥à¤¤à¤¿|| कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः || കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡ ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear A. Nair

Very true. I have not read Byron but as Sarojaji said, without the presence of a "loving Heart" a house remains as a house but with its presence it becomes a "Home". Shri MPR Nair-ji

Your thought of that OM adds a splendor to HOME. Can we say "Hari Om" instead of "Hurry Home"?

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

"live and let live"

mprnair <nairradhakrishnanguruvayur Sent: Wed, March 24, 2010 10:17:31 PMRE: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Guruvayoorappa.

A Home without ‘heart’ is a House .How beautifully it is said.

mpr

Thank you,

Have a great day,

Regards,

mprnair,

guruvayur@grou ps.com [guruvayur] On Behalf Of A NairWednesday, March 24, 2010 9:22 PMguruvayur@grou ps.com[Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Hari-OmA house is entirely different from a home. A home is where a person/persons live and spend time with family sharing love, grief, suffering and joy ,raise children and grow old gracefully, eat, drink and entertain , whereas a house is just a physical structure devoid of any human activity. A home can be a house but a house becomes a home only if a person makes it his/her home. One may have his ancestral home ,still he may choose to have a second home. near or far at home or wy from home .A person's birth place is also his home, hence the saying, He is home-bound. Home is one's own dwelling place; the HOUSE in which he lives with his family, the habitual abode of one's family.All other places one choose to live are only temporary homes. When we leave this world we cannot say we are going to our permanent home because we do not know for sure where we will be headed - Heaven ? Hell ? or some other place or nowhere .

Byron once said : He entered his house ---his home no more, for without hearts , there is no HOME.In short, Home is where the hearts are. jai shree krishna !Achuthan Nairguruvayur@grou ps.com, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ ...> wrote:>> Om Namo Narayanaya> This thought came up today. What is the difference between a "Home" and a "House"?> To me a Home is where all inhabitants live in peace, with love and all live a harmonious life, where as in a House people share a place to live or to conduct a business. A nursing "home" is so called because the care extended to the inhabitants only. What we see in "Parliament House" need no explanation. > This is my personal experience that is a fact, very true and nothing but "the

truth."> My Father asked my mother (as narrated by her to me when she was alive) "Let us go to our permanent home" prior to his demise. He left this world and his physical body on 4Jan 1988. > What is a "permanent" home? When I was young, I had a "Permanent" home and address, but that is no more. As a youth I had so many addresses but they are all gone. We had a home (rather a flat) address in Ghatkopar, that too is not "ours" now. While in Muscat, I had a "home" or rather a "house", that was rented but the "postal mails" came to our company address. I am not sure if they have introduced "home delivery" now. Here in USA I have no home in my name, but we have "3 homes" where we are welcome any time and we are travelers. When this journey ends, I hope I will find my "home" or "permanent HOME".> Om Namo Narayanaya> Chandrasekharan> >

"live and let live"> "They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive">

Guest guest

Gurvayoorappa.

Sree Maha Punyathman Chandraji.

You are rich in Humorous Wisdom too.

With Respectful Pranams,

Padaravindame Saranam, Gurvayoorappa Saranam,

Thank you,

Have a great day,

Regards,

mprnair,

nairradhakrishnan

guruvayur [guruvayur ] On Behalf Of Chandra

Menon

Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:07 PM

guruvayur

Re: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Om Namo

Narayanaya

Dear A.

Nair

Very true. I

have not read Byron but as Sarojaji said, without the presence of a

" loving Heart " a house remains as a house but with its presence it

becomes a " Home " .

Shri MPR Nair-ji

Your thought

of that OM adds a splendor to HOME. Can we say " Hari Om " instead of

" Hurry Home " ?

Om Namo

Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

" live and

let live "

" They alone

live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive "

mprnair

<nairradhakrishnan

guruvayur

Wed, March 24, 2010 10:17:31 PM

RE: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Guruvayoorappa.

A Home without ‘heart’ is a House .How

beautifully it is said.

There is ‘ OM ’in HOME; it is not in

HOUSE.

Padaravindame Saranam, Guruvayoorappa

Saranam.

mpr

Thank you,

Have a great day,

Regards,

mprnair,

guruvayur@grou ps.com

[guruvayur] On Behalf Of A Nair

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:22 PM

guruvayur@grou ps.com

[Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Hari-Om

and entertain , whereas a house is just a physical structure devoid of any

human activity. A home can be a house but a house becomes a home only if a

person makes it his/her home. One may have his ancestral home ,still he may choose

to have a second home. near or far at home or wy from home .

temporary homes.

Byron once said : He entered his house ---his home no more, for without hearts

, there is no HOME.

jai shree krishna !

Achuthan Nair

guruvayur@grou

ps.com, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ ...> wrote:

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> This thought came up today. What is the difference between a

" Home " and a " House " ?

> To me a Home is where all inhabitants live in peace, with love and

all live a harmonious life, where as in a House people share a place to

live or to conduct a business. A nursing " home " is so called

because the care extended to the inhabitants only. What we see in

" Parliament House " need no explanation.

> This is my personal experience that is a fact, very true and nothing

but " the truth. "

> My Father asked my mother (as narrated by her to me when she was

alive) " Let us go to our permanent home " prior to his demise. He left

this world and his physical body on 4Jan 1988.

> What is a " permanent " home? When I was young, I

had a " Permanent " home and address, but that is no more. As a

youth I had so many addresses but they are all gone. We had a home (rather

a flat) address in Ghatkopar, that too is not " ours " now.

While in Muscat, I had a " home " or rather a

" house " , that was rented but the " postal mails " came

to our company address. I am not sure if they have introduced " home

delivery " now. Here in USA I have no home in my name, but we have

" 3 homes " where we are welcome any time and we are travelers.

When this journey ends, I hope I will find my " home " or

" permanent HOME " .

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> Chandrasekharan

>

> " live and let live "

> " They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than

alive "

>

Guest guest

Namaskaram Dear Mr Radhakrishnan Nair,

Can I check when is Vishu for 2010 .

My family in Singapore we are confused a some told us that it falls om the 14/4 and some says that it is on the 15/4/2010

Greatly appreciate if you can enlighten me please .

I also take this opportunity you,your family and all our Guruvayoor Members A Happy Vishu Festival .

Thanks & Best Regards

Narayanan S Nair

mprnair <nairradhakrishnanguruvayur Sent: Friday, 26 March 2010 05:07:51RE: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Gurvayoorappa.

With Respectful Pranams,

Thank you,

Have a great day,

Regards,

mprnair,

nairradhakrishnan@ hotmail.com

guruvayur@grou ps.com [guruvayur] On Behalf Of Chandra MenonThursday, March 25, 2010 12:07 PMguruvayur@grou ps.comRe: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear A. Nair

Very true. I have not read Byron but as Sarojaji said, without the presence of a "loving Heart" a house remains as a house but with its presence it becomes a "Home". Shri MPR Nair-ji

Your thought of that OM adds a splendor to HOME. Can we say "Hari Om" instead of "Hurry Home"?

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

"live and let live"

mprnair <nairradhakrishnan@ hotmail.com>guruvayur@grou ps.comWed, March 24, 2010 10:17:31 PMRE: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Guruvayoorappa.

mpr

Thank you,

Have a great day,

Regards,

mprnair,

guruvayur@grou ps.com [guruvayur] On Behalf Of A NairWednesday, March 24, 2010 9:22 PMguruvayur@grou ps.com[Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Hari-OmA house is entirely different from a home. A home is where a person/persons live and spend time with family sharing love, grief, suffering and joy ,raise children and grow old gracefully, eat, drink and entertain , whereas a house is just a physical structure devoid of any human activity. A home can be a house but a house becomes a home only if a person makes it his/her home. One may have his ancestral home ,still he may choose to have a second home. near or far at home or wy from home .A person's birth place is also his home, hence the saying, He is home-bound. Home is one's own dwelling place; the HOUSE in which he lives with his family, the habitual abode of one's family.All other places one choose to live are only temporary homes. When we leave this world we cannot say we are going to our permanent home because we do not know for sure where we will be headed - Heaven ? Hell ? or some other place or nowhere .

Byron once said : He entered his house ---his home no more, for without hearts , there is no HOME.In short, Home is where the hearts are. jai shree krishna !Achuthan Nairguruvayur@grou ps.com, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ ...> wrote:>> Om Namo Narayanaya> This thought came up today. What is the difference between a "Home" and a "House"?> To me a Home is where all inhabitants live in peace, with love and all live a harmonious life, where as in a House people share a place to live or to conduct a business. A nursing "home" is so called because the care extended to the inhabitants only. What we see in "Parliament House" need no explanation. > This is my personal experience that is a fact, very true and nothing but "the

truth."> My Father asked my mother (as narrated by her to me when she was alive) "Let us go to our permanent home" prior to his demise. He left this world and his physical body on 4Jan 1988. > What is a "permanent" home? When I was young, I had a "Permanent" home and address, but that is no more. As a youth I had so many addresses but they are all gone. We had a home (rather a flat) address in Ghatkopar, that too is not "ours" now. While in Muscat, I had a "home" or rather a "house", that was rented but the "postal mails" came to our company address. I am not sure if they have introduced "home delivery" now. Here in USA I have no home in my name, but we have "3 homes" where we are welcome any time and we are travelers. When this journey ends, I hope I will find my "home" or "permanent HOME".> Om Namo Narayanaya> Chandrasekharan> >

"live and let live"> "They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive">

New Email names for you!

Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.

Hurry before someone else does!

Guest guest

Hariom.Guruvayur,Visshu observed on 15th. prabhakarji, C/0 GUruvayurappan,gvr.

Narayanan S nair <nsn_816guruvayur Sent: Fri, March 26, 2010 10:08:37 AMRe: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Namaskaram Dear Mr Radhakrishnan Nair,

Can I check when is Vishu for 2010 .

My family in Singapore we are confused a some told us that it falls om the 14/4 and some says that it is on the 15/4/2010

Greatly appreciate if you can enlighten me please .

I also take this opportunity you,your family and all our Guruvayoor Members A Happy Vishu Festival .

Thanks & Best Regards

Narayanan S Nair

mprnair <nairradhakrishnan@ hotmail.com>guruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, 26 March 2010 05:07:51RE: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Gurvayoorappa.

With Respectful Pranams,

Thank you,

Have a great day,

Regards,

mprnair,

nairradhakrishnan@ hotmail.com

guruvayur@grou ps.com [guruvayur] On Behalf Of Chandra MenonThursday, March 25, 2010 12:07 PMguruvayur@grou ps.comRe: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear A. Nair

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

"live and let live"

mprnair <nairradhakrishnan@ hotmail.com>guruvayur@grou ps.comWed, March 24, 2010 10:17:31 PMRE: [Guruvayur] Re: Home and a House

Guruvayoorappa.

mpr

Thank you,

Have a great day,

Regards,

mprnair,

New Email names for you! Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.Hurry before someone else does!

iom.Yes, there is confusion