Guest guest

Lyrics of Chalangai katti Odi Odi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Sri Krishna bhaktas

Can anyone help me with the lyrics of this Sri Krishna bhajan

"Chalangai katti odi odi vaayo..."? If someone can help me with a link

to this bhajan where I can listen to this, online, I shall be grateful.

Thanks and best wishes

R. Kasthuri Rangan

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!!

Back in August, a young girl sang this at temple and I was taken with it. She told me that Swamiji had taught it and had given her the words. By coincidence, before I had a chance to ask him, I had also been looking for a bhajan that one of my friends always sang at temple. I had promised her I would get it and learn to sing with her. In buying the CD which contained a recorded version of her song, I also was surprised and delighted to find that this bhajan was also on the CD, which is available through the Chinmaya Mission

website... it is called Mann Eck Barr Hari Bol and is sung by Smt. Sarada Kumar. So, I went looking online to find it and had come across some lyrics as well, which I saved. The two versions are below. The first version

is closest to the one on the CD. I seem to remember that there was a

translation also online but never got back to it to copy it over.

The link is to youtube, which has a few versions. The one of the little child singing it is precious and sure to make you laugh with delight!!!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chilangai+ketti & search_type= & aq=f

CHILANKA KETTI

Chilanka ketti odi odi vayoEnde tamara kanna adi adi vayo…(2)Ninde pinju padam tedi tedi nyangalNinde divya namam padi padi vannen [vanthom]…(2)Chilanka ketti…

Devaki nandana radhajivana kesava hare madhavaPutana mardana papavinasana kesava hare madhavaGokula balane odi vayo, Gopala balane adi vayoChilanka ketti……

Kamsa vimardana kaliya narttana kesava hare madhavaAsrita vatsala apat bhandhava kesava hare madhavaOmkara nadane odi vayo, Ananda gitame adi vayoChilanka ketti…

Pandava rakshaka papa vinasana kesava hare madhavaArjuna rakshaka anjana nashaka kesava hare madhavaGitamritame odi vayo, Hridayanandame adi vayo

-------

Salangai Katti

Salangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomSalanga KattiSalanga KattiSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoThevagi Nandhana Raadha JeevanaKeshava .... Hare MaathawaThevagi Nandhana Raadha JeevanaKeshava .... Hare MaathawaKogula Ratchaga Gopala BalaKeshava ... Hare MathawaKogula Ratchaga Gopala BalaKeshava ... Hare MathawaKogula Baalane Odi VaayoGopala Baalane Adi VaayoKogula Baalane Odi VaayoGopala Baalane Adi VaayoSalanga KattiSalanga KattiSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi Vayo

Andava Raatchaga Papa VinaashagaKeshava Hare MathawaAndava Raatchaga Papa VinaashagaKeshava Hare MathawaArjuna Ratchaga Agnyata RasagaKeshava Hare MathawaArjuna Ratchaga Agnyata RasagaKeshava Hare MathawaGeethamrithame Odi VaayoHruthaya Nandhame Adi VayoGeethamrithame Odi VaayoHruthaya Nandhame Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomSalanga KattiSalanga KattiSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi Vayo

-

R. Kasthuri Rangan

guruvayur

Friday, October 09, 2009 11:11 AM

[Guruvayur] Lyrics of "Chalangai katti Odi Odi"

Om Namo NarayanayaDear Sri Krishna bhaktasCan anyone help me with the lyrics of this Sri Krishna bhajan "Chalangai katti odi odi vaayo..."? If someone can help me with a link to this bhajan where I can listen to this, online, I shall be grateful.Thanks and best wishesR. Kasthuri Rangan

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.420 / Virus Database: 270.14.8/2423 - Release 10/08/09 18:33:00

Guest guest

Namasthe Kasthuri Rangan ji,

Please find the lyrics for this beautiful song.

CHILANKA KETTI

Chilanka ketti odi odi vayo

Ende tamara kanna adi adi vayo…(2)

Ninde pinju padam tedi tedi nyangal

Ninde divya namam padi padi vannen…(2)

Chilanka ketti…

Devaki nandana radhajivana kesava hare madhava

Putana mardana papavinasana kesava hare madhava

Gokula balane odi vayo

Gopala balane adi vayo

Chilanka ketti……

Kamsa vimardana kaliya narttana kesava hare madhava

Asrita vatsala apat bhandhava kesava hare madhava

Omkara nadane odi vayo

Ananda gitame adi vayo

Chilanka ketti…

Pandava rakshaka papa vinasana kesava hare madhava

Arjuna rakshaka anjana nashaka kesava hare madhava

Gitamritame odi vayo

Hridayanandame adi vayo

Chilanka ketti…

http://ammaauckland.tripod.com/Bhajans1.htm

audio link:

http://www.4shared.com/account/file/25986496/4c5b59da/2CHILANKA_KETTI_OODI.html

with prayers and regards,

Geetha

guruvayur , " R. Kasthuri Rangan " <rkrangan wrote:

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya

>

> Dear Sri Krishna bhaktas

>

> Can anyone help me with the lyrics of this Sri Krishna bhajan " Chalangai

> katti odi odi vaayo... " ? If someone can help me with a link to this

> bhajan where I can listen to this, online, I shall be grateful.

>

> Thanks and best wishes

> R. Kasthuri Rangan

>

Guest guest

I find both the words,"chalangai" and "salangai" in the lyrics. Salangai is a word in Tamil Language. Is it there in Malayalam? Can anybody clarify?G.BalasubramanianRadhe <shaantihguruvayur Sent: Fri, October 9, 2009 7:47:28 PMRe: [Guruvayur] Lyrics of "Chalangai katti Odi Odi"

Hare Krishna!!

Back in August, a young girl sang this at temple and I was taken with it. She told me that Swamiji had taught it and had given her the words. By coincidence, before I had a chance to ask him, I had also been looking for a bhajan that one of my friends always sang at temple. I had promised her I would get it and learn to sing with her. In buying the CD which contained a recorded version of her song, I also was surprised and delighted to find that this bhajan was also on the CD, which is available through the Chinmaya Mission

website... it is called Mann Eck Barr Hari Bol and is sung by Smt. Sarada Kumar. So, I went looking online to find it and had come across some lyrics as well, which I saved. The two versions are below. The first version

The link is to youtube, which has a few versions. The one of the little child singing it is precious and sure to make you laugh with delight!!!

http://www.youtube. com/results? search_query= chilangai+ ketti & search_type= & aq=f

CHILANKA KETTI

Chilanka ketti odi odi vayoEnde tamara kanna adi adi vayo…(2)Ninde pinju padam tedi tedi nyangalNinde divya namam padi padi vannen [vanthom]…(2)Chilanka ketti…

Devaki nandana radhajivana kesava hare madhavaPutana mardana papavinasana kesava hare madhavaGokula balane odi vayo, Gopala balane adi vayoChilanka ketti……

Kamsa vimardana kaliya narttana kesava hare madhavaAsrita vatsala apat bhandhava kesava hare madhavaOmkara nadane odi vayo, Ananda gitame adi vayoChilanka ketti…

Pandava rakshaka papa vinasana kesava hare madhavaArjuna rakshaka anjana nashaka kesava hare madhavaGitamritame odi vayo, Hridayanandame adi vayo

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -------

Salangai Katti

Salangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomSalanga KattiSalanga KattiSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoThevagi Nandhana Raadha JeevanaKeshava .... Hare MaathawaThevagi Nandhana Raadha JeevanaKeshava .... Hare MaathawaKogula Ratchaga Gopala BalaKeshava ... Hare MathawaKogula Ratchaga Gopala BalaKeshava ... Hare MathawaKogula Baalane Odi VaayoGopala Baalane Adi VaayoKogula Baalane Odi VaayoGopala Baalane Adi VaayoSalanga KattiSalanga KattiSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi Vayo

Andava Raatchaga Papa VinaashagaKeshava Hare MathawaAndava Raatchaga Papa VinaashagaKeshava Hare MathawaArjuna Ratchaga Agnyata RasagaKeshava Hare MathawaArjuna Ratchaga Agnyata RasagaKeshava Hare MathawaGeethamrithame Odi VaayoHruthaya Nandhame Adi VayoGeethamrithame Odi VaayoHruthaya Nandhame Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomSalanga KattiSalanga KattiSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi Vayo

-

R. Kasthuri Rangan

guruvayur@grou ps.com

Om Namo NarayanayaDear Sri Krishna bhaktasCan anyone help me with the lyrics of this Sri Krishna bhajan "Chalangai katti odi odi vaayo..."? If someone can help me with a link to this bhajan where I can listen to this, online, I shall be grateful.Thanks and best wishesR. Kasthuri Rangan

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.420 / Virus Database: 270.14.8/2423 - Release 10/08/09 18:33:00

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Namasthe Geetha ji

Hriduya purvamaya nanni.

May Sree Krishna bless and protect

Best regards

R. Kasthuri Rangan

Chandran wrote:

Namasthe Kasthuri Rangan ji,

Please find the lyrics for this beautiful song.

CHILANKA KETTI

Ninde divya namam padi padi vannen…(2)

Chilanka ketti…

Gokula balane odi vayo

Gopala balane adi vayo

Chilanka ketti……

Omkara nadane odi vayo

Ananda gitame adi vayo

Chilanka ketti…

Gitamritame odi vayo

Hridayanandame adi vayo

Chilanka ketti…

http://ammaauckland.tripod.com/Bhajans1.htm

audio link:

http://www.4shared.com/account/file/25986496/4c5b59da/2CHILANKA_KETTI_OODI.html

with prayers and regards,

Geetha

guruvayur ,

"R. Kasthuri Rangan" <rkrangan wrote:

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya

>

> Dear Sri Krishna bhaktas

>

> Can anyone help me with the lyrics of this Sri Krishna bhajan

"Chalangai

> katti odi odi vaayo..."? If someone can help me with a link to

this

> bhajan where I can listen to this, online, I shall be grateful.

>

> Thanks and best wishes

> R. Kasthuri Rangan

>

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Radha ji

Many sincere thanks. I also found this young girl Shreya's rendering on

Youtube. I was drawn to this song, when I heard it on SVBC -TTD's TV

channel last evening during their Brahmotsavam programme, rendered by

Veeramani Raju and party. After "Krishna Nee Begane" I think this is

another Sri Krishna delight for me.

Asianet's Idea Star Singer programme once had Chitra, MG Sreekumar and

Sharath render Krishna Nee Begano. Sri Krishna could not have waited.

He would have come. It was so good and touching.

Many thanks once again.

May Sri Krishna be with us....always.

Best regards

R. Kasthuri Rangan

Radhe wrote:

Hare Krishna!!

Back in August, a young girl sang

this at temple and I was taken

with it. She told me that Swamiji

had taught it and had given her

the words. By coincidence, before

I had a chance to ask him,

I had also been looking for a

bhajan that one of my friends always

sang at temple. I had promised her I

would get it and learn to sing

with her. In buying the CD which contained a recorded version of

her song, I also was surprised and delighted to find that this bhajan

was also on the CD, which is available through the Chinmaya Mission

website... it is called Mann Eck

Barr Hari Bol and is sung by Smt. Sarada

Kumar. So, I went looking online to

find it and had come across some

lyrics as well, which I saved. The

two versions are below. The first version

is closest to the one on the CD. I

seem to remember that there was a

translation also online but never

got back to it to copy it over.

The link is to youtube, which has a few versions. The one of the little

child singing it is precious and sure to make you laugh with delight!!!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chilangai+ketti & search_type= & aq=f

CHILANKA KETTI

Ninde divya namam padi padi vannen [vanthom]…(2)

Chilanka ketti…

Gokula balane odi vayo, Gopala balane adi vayo

Chilanka ketti……

Omkara nadane odi vayo, Ananda gitame adi vayo

Chilanka ketti…

Gitamritame odi vayo, Hridayanandame adi vayo

-------

Salangai Katti

Salangai Katti Odi Odi Vaayo

Inge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi Vayo

Unthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi Naangal

Unthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi Vanthom

Salanga Katti

Salanga Katti

Thevagi Nandhana Raadha Jeevana

Keshava .... Hare Maathawa

Thevagi Nandhana Raadha Jeevana

Keshava .... Hare Maathawa

Kogula Ratchaga Gopala Bala

Keshava ... Hare Mathawa

Kogula Ratchaga Gopala Bala

Keshava ... Hare Mathawa

Kogula Baalane Odi Vaayo

Gopala Baalane Adi Vaayo

Kogula Baalane Odi Vaayo

Gopala Baalane Adi Vaayo

Salanga Katti

Salanga Katti

Andava Raatchaga Papa Vinaashaga

Keshava Hare Mathawa

Andava Raatchaga Papa Vinaashaga

Keshava Hare Mathawa

Arjuna Ratchaga Agnyata Rasaga

Keshava Hare Mathawa

Arjuna Ratchaga Agnyata Rasaga

Keshava Hare Mathawa

Geethamrithame Odi Vaayo

Hruthaya Nandhame Adi Vayo

Geethamrithame Odi Vaayo

Hruthaya Nandhame Adi Vayo

Salanga Katti

Salanga Katti

-

R. Kasthuri Rangan

To:

guruvayur

Sent:

Subject:

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Sri Krishna bhaktas

Can anyone help me with the lyrics of this Sri Krishna bhajan

"Chalangai katti odi odi vaayo..."? If someone can help me with a link

to this bhajan where I can listen to this, online, I shall be grateful.

Thanks and best wishes

R. Kasthuri Rangan

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.420 / Virus Database: 270.14.8/2423 - Release Date:

10/08/09 18:33:00

Guest guest

Really an enjoyable Bhajan.Eri Hariharan has done it nicely,it seems though there seems to be some changes in wordings here and there but that in no way affect the essence of the Bhajan.

Thanking you for contributing such a nice song to the Group.The wordings seem to be Chilanka though in Tamil it is Chalangai.Anyhow that does not make much difference.Great effort to find the same from the youtube.God Bless.

agraman.--- On Sat, 10/10/09, Radhe <shaantih wrote:

Radhe <shaantihRe: [Guruvayur] Lyrics of "Chalangai katti Odi Odi"guruvayur Date: Saturday, 10 October, 2009, 5:17 AM

Hare Krishna!!

http://www.youtube. com/results? search_query= chilangai+ ketti & search_type= & aq=f

CHILANKA KETTI

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -------

Salangai Katti

Salangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomUnthan Pinchi Paatham Thedi Thedi NaangalUnthan Thivya Naamam Adi Paadi VanthomSalanga KattiSalanga KattiSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoThevagi Nandhana Raadha JeevanaKeshava .... Hare MaathawaThevagi Nandhana Raadha JeevanaKeshava .... Hare MaathawaKogula Ratchaga Gopala BalaKeshava ... Hare MathawaKogula Ratchaga Gopala BalaKeshava ... Hare MathawaKogula Baalane Odi VaayoGopala Baalane Adi VaayoKogula Baalane Odi VaayoGopala Baalane Adi VaayoSalanga KattiSalanga KattiSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti

Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi Vayo

-

R. Kasthuri Rangan

guruvayur@grou ps.com

India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!!!

I remembered that I had stumbled upon a live version of Swamiji singing this bhajan but he spelled it differently which is why it had

not shown up on my google search. It is not complete, but provides

a version more similar to the one on the CD, and a nice way to

have the audience sing a reponse without having to know many

of the lyrics...

This one also showed up in the same youtube batch with Swamiji's and I think

it is a video version of the one which Geethaji posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ACBVdDVUng & feature=related

Shri Krishna saranam mamah!!!

Keshava hare Madhava....

-

GANAPATHY RAMAN

guruvayur

Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:52 PM

Re: [Guruvayur] Lyrics of "Chalangai katti Odi Odi"

Really an enjoyable Bhajan.Eri Hariharan has done it nicely,it seems though there seems to be some changes in wordings here and there but that in no way affect the essence of the Bhajan.

Thanking you for contributing such a nice song to the Group.The wordings seem to be Chilanka though in Tamil it is Chalangai.Anyhow that does not make much difference.Great effort to find the same from the youtube.God Bless.

agraman.--- On Sat, 10/10/09, Radhe <shaantih (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Radhe <shaantih (AT) comcast (DOT) net>Re: [Guruvayur] Lyrics of "Chalangai katti Odi Odi"guruvayur Date: Saturday, 10 October, 2009, 5:17 AM

Hare Krishna!!

CHILANKA KETTI

atti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi VayoSalangai Katti Odi Odi VaayoInge Thaamarai Kanna Adi Adi Vayo

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.421 / Virus Database: 270.14.9/2427 - Release 10/10/09 06:39:00