[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good question Sindu.

For many youngsters and people living away from home, this comes up as

a constant question.

Before putting out my personal version - that has derived from my

parents, community and my own readings - I would love to hear from

our scholarly members and other senior members.

PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term basis.

Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to do

to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of these

are biased or promoting some political ideology along with the

religious teaching.

So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like to hear from

someone who can answer it from our scriptures or from heart.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil.

guruvayur , sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha

wrote:

>

> namaskaram:

>

> i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should he/she

recite when they wake up? in what direction should they stand/sit?

what should be the body posture? i understand there are recitations

before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,.

can anybody in this group elaborate on this?

>

> thank you, in advance, for your help..

>

> namaskaram

> sindu kaipuzha

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear friends, It is said in Mahabharat thus: anyath poorNaath apaam kumbhaath anyath paadhaavasecanaath anyath kuSalasampraSnaath na cha icchathi janaardhanah The Lord requires no more than a vessel filled with water, washing of His feet and sweet words. You can say any manthra you know or even chant only the nama of the Lord. Ramanama or any other you like best. The Lord needs only your heart and not knowledge. Consider Him as the one who is the closest and only friend and relation. He will make His presence felt by you and you will not feel lonely anymore. To be a Hindu only thing needed is to feel like a Hindu at heart. You must have faith in the vedas and the words of the sages and follow their words, not necessarily the rituals but the spirit behind the rituals. It is sadi that you recite this mantra or this nama and that for every actioon of yours from morning till night, the purpose of it being that you must rememer the Lord at all times. That is all. You can remember Him in any way you want. You remember your father or mother not by recalling their different actions or even names but by their love ,.Similarly you think about God. There is no absolute hard and fast rule to observe being a Hindu. The religion is only aguide to take you towards the Lord. You can reach your destination by walking, driving or flying. The most important thing is to reach there. A devotee asked Guruvayurappan (you must have heard this, still I am relating because it is relevant here.) What He like sbest. Guruvayurappan said that he liked ghee payasam. The the devotee asked "If Iam not able to make it then what shall I do? " G The Lord said "then you offer me some flowers or even few drops of water with love, that is enough. " The devotee asked"Suppose I am uin aplace where I cn't even get flowers or even water?" Then the Lord said "If you feel your inabilityto do anything and shed tears that is the greatest offering you can give me." Same thing He has said in the Gita 'patharam pushpam phalam thoyam yo me bhakthyaa

prayacchathi thadhaham bhalkthyupahrtham aSnaami prayathaathmanaH,' "whatever you offer with devotion may it be aleaf, flower or even water I eat it with joy." and 'yatkaroshi yadhaSnaasi yajjuhoshi dhadhaasi yath, yath apaSyasi kountheya thath kurushva madharpaNam,' "what ever you do, eat, offer or see, make it an offering to me." Mahabharatha has the following story. Once Krishna seeing that Arjuna was a bit proud that he is the greatest devotee of the Lord since he was following all the procedures prescribed in the vedas and doing regular pooja etc. Krishna took him towards heaven and on the way they saw heaps and heaps of flowers which Krishna said was that offered in worship. Arjuna asked who was that am nd J krishna replied

that it was Bhima. Arjuna asked that where were the flowers offered by him(Arjuna). Krishna pointed out to a small heap and Arjuna got offended and said that he was doine worship regularly whereas he had nevwer seen Bhima doing that anytime. But Krishna replied that Bhima used to offer whatever he sees and does to the Lord and that is denoted by the large heap. saroja Ramanujam Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. Please visit http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18 http://freewebs.com/asrama3

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !

Swamy Vivekananda defined Hindu as one who lives according to the Vedas . Srimad Bhagavatham contains the essence of Vedas . In the parting discourse to favorite disciple Uddhava , Bhagavan Sree Krishna explains the Vedic path as follows :

Chapter Twenty-One ; Lord Krishna's Explanation of the Vedic Path

1. The Supreme God said : Those who give up these methods for achieving Me, which consist of devotional service, analytic philosophy and regulated execution of prescribed duties, and instead, being moved by the material senses, cultivate insignificant sense gratification, certainly undergo the continual cycle of material existence.

2. Steadiness in one's own position is declared to be actual piety, whereas deviation from one's position is considered impiety. In this way the two are definitely ascertained .

3. O sinless Uddhava, in order to understand what is proper in life one must evaluate a given object within its particular category. Thus, in analyzing religious principles one must consider purity and impurity. Similarly, in one's ordinary dealings one must distinguish between good and bad, and to insure one's physical survival one must recognize that which is auspicious and inauspicious.

4. I have revealed this way of life for those bearing the burden of mundane religious principles.

5. Earth, water, fire, air and ether are the five basic elements that constitute the bodies of all conditioned souls, from Lord Brahma himself down to the nonmoving creatures. These elements all emanate from the Supreme God .

6. My dear Uddhava, although all material bodies are composed of the same five elements and are thus equal, the Vedic literatures conceive of different names and forms in relation to such bodies so that the living entities may achieve their goal of life.

7. O saintly Uddhava, in order to restrict materialistic activities, I have established that which is proper and improper among all material things, including time, space and all physical objects.

8. Among places, those bereft of the spotted antelope, those devoid of devotion to the brahmanas, those possessing spotted antelopes but bereft of respectable men, provinces like Kikata and places where cleanliness and purificatory rites are neglected, where meat-eaters are prominent or where the earth is barren, are all considered to be contaminated lands .

9. A specific time is considered pure when it is appropriate, either by its own nature or through achievement of suitable paraphernalia, for the performance of one's prescribed duty. That time which impedes the performance of one's duty is considered impure.

10. An object's purity or impurity is established by application of another object, by words, by rituals, by the effects of time or according to relative magnitude.

11. Impure things may or may not impose sinful reactions upon a person, depending on that person's strength or weakness, intelligence, wealth, location and physical condition.

12. Various objects such as grains, wooden utensils, things made of bone, thread, liquids, objects derived from fire, skins and earthy objects are all purified by time, by the wind, by fire, by earth and by water, either separately or in combination.

13. A particular purifying agent is considered appropriate when its application removes the bad odor or dirty covering of some contaminated object and makes it resume its original nature.

14. The self can be cleansed by bathing, charity, austerity, age, personal strength, purificatory rituals, prescribed duties and, above all, by remembrance of Me. The brahmana and other twice-born men should be duly purified before performing their specific activities.

15. A mantra is purified when chanted with proper knowledge, and one's work is purified when offered to Me. Thus by purification of the place, time, substance, doer, mantras and work, one becomes religious, and by negligence of these six items one is considered irreligious .

16. Sometimes piety becomes sin, and sometimes what is ordinarily sin becomes piety on the strength of Vedic injunctions . Such special rules in effect eradicate the clear distinction between piety and sin.

17. The same activities that would degrade an elevated person do not cause fall down for those who are already fallen . Indeed, one who is lying on the ground cannot possibly fall further. The material association that is dictated by one's own nature is considered a good quality .

18. By refraining from a particular sinful or materialistic activity, one becomes freed from its bondage . Such renunciation is the basis of religious and auspicious life for human beings and drives away all suffering, illusion and fear.

19. One who accepts material sense objects as desirable certainly becomes attached to them . From such attachment lust arises, and this lust creates quarrel among men .

20. From quarrel arises intolerable anger, followed by the darkness of ignorance . This ignorance quickly overtakes a man's broad intelligence .

21. O saintly Uddhava, a person bereft of real intelligence is considered to have lost everything . Deviated from the actual purpose of his life, he becomes dull, just like a dead person.

22. Because of absorption in sense gratification, one cannot recognize himself or others. Living uselessly in ignorance like a tree, one is merely breathing just like a bellows .

23. Those statements of scripture promising fruitive rewards do not prescribe the ultimate good for men hut are merely enticements for executing beneficial religious duties, like promises of candy spoken to induce a child to take beneficial medicine.

24. Simply by material birth, human beings become attached within their minds to personal sense gratification, long duration of life, sense activities, bodily strength, sexual potency and friends and family. Their minds are thus absorbed in that which defeats their actual self-interest .

25. Those ignorant of their real self-interest are wandering on the path of material existence, gradually heading toward darkness. Why would the Vedas further encourage them in sense gratification if they, although foolish, submissively pay heed to Vedic injunctions?

26. Persons with perverted intelligence do not understand this actual purpose of Vedic knowledge and instead propagate as the highest Vedic truth the flowery statements of the Vedas that promise material rewards. Those in actual knowledge of the Vedas never speak in that way.

27. Those who are full of lust, avarice and greed mistake mere flowers to be the actual fruit of life. Bewildered by the glare of fire and suffocated by its smoke, they cannot recognize their own true identity.

28. My dear Uddhava, persons dedicated to sense gratification obtained through honoring the Vedic rituals cannot understand that I am situated in everyone's heart and that the entire universe is non-different from Me and emanates from Me. Indeed, they are just like persons whose eyes are covered by fog.

29-30. Those who are sworn to sense gratification cannot understand the confidential conclusion of Vedic knowledge as explained by Me. Taking pleasure in violence, they cruelly slaughter innocent animals in sacrifice for their own sense gratification and thus worship demigods, forefathers and leaders among ghostly creatures . Such passion for violence, however, is never encouraged within the process of Vedic sacrifice.

31. Just as a foolish businessman gives up his real wealth in useless business speculation, foolish persons give up all that is actually valuable in life and instead pursue promotion to material heaven, which although pleasing to hear about is actually unreal, like a dream. Such bewildered persons imagine within their hearts that they will achieve all material blessings.

32. Those established in material passion, goodness and ignorance worship the particular demigods and other deities, headed by Indra, who manifest the same modes of passion, goodness or ignorance. They fail, however, to properly worship Me.

33-34. The worshipers of demigods think, "We shall worship the demigods in this life, and by our sacrifices we shall go to heaven and enjoy there. When that enjoyment is finished we shall return to this world and take birth as great householders in aristocratic families." Being excessively proud and greedy, such persons are bewildered by the flowery words of the Vedas . They are not attracted to topics about Me, the Supreme Lord .

35. The Vedas, divided into three divisions, ultimately reveal the living entity as pure spirit soul . The Vedic seers and mantras, however, deal in esoteric terms, and I also am pleased by such confidential descriptions .

36. The transcendental sound of the Vedas is very difficult to comprehend and manifests on different levels within the prana, senses and mind . This Vedic sound is unlimited, very deep and unfathomable, just like the ocean .

37. As the unlimited, unchanging and omnipotent Supreme God dwelling within all living beings, I personally establish the Vedic sound vibration in the form of `omkara' within all living entities . It is thus perceived subtly, just like a single strand of fiber on a lotus stalk.

38-40. Just as a spider brings forth from its heart its web and emits it through its mouth, the Supreme God manifests Himself as the reverberating primeval vital air, comprising all sacred Vedic meters and full of transcendental pleasure . Thus the Lord, from the ethereal sky of His heart, creates the great and limitless Vedic sound by the agency of His mind, which conceives of variegated sounds such as the sparsas . The Vedic sound branches out in thousands of directions, adorned with the different letters expanded from the syllable om : the consonants, vowels, sibilants and semivowels . The Veda is then elaborated by many verbal varieties, expressed in different meters, each having four more syllables than the previous one . Ultimately the Lord again withdraws His manifestation of Vedic sound within Himself .

41. The Vedic meters are Gayatri, Usnik, Anustup, Brhati, Pankti, Tristup, Jagati, Aticchanda, Atyasti, Atijagati and Ativirat .

42. In the entire world no one but Me actually understands the confidential purpose of Vedic knowledge . Thus people do not know what the Vedas are actually prescribing in the ritualistic injunctions of karma-kanda, or what object is actually being indicated in the formulas of worship found in the upasana-kanda, or that which is elaborately discussed through various hypotheses in the jnana-kanda section of the Vedas.

43. I am the ritualistic sacrifice enjoined by the Vedas, and I am the worshipable Deity. It is I who am presented as various philosophical hypotheses, and it is I alone who am then refuted by philosophical analysis. The transcendental sound vibration thus establishes Me as the essential meaning of all Vedic knowledge. The Vedas, elaborately analyzing all material duality as nothing but My illusory potency, ultimately completely negate this duality and achieve their own satisfaction.

Gita Conclusion (Sloka 18.64 -66)

"Hear once again My supreme word. You are very dear to Me, therefore, I shall tell this for your benefit. Fix your mind on Me, become My devotee, offer service to Me, bow down to Me, and you shall certainly reach Me. I promise you because you are My very dear friend. Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me completely with faith and devotion. I shall liberate you from all sinful reactions. Do not grieve."

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vsudevaya !!!!

guruvayur , "Sunil Menon" <menon_sunil wrote:>> Good question Sindu. > > For many youngsters and people living away from home, this comes up as> a constant question. > > Before putting out my personal version - that has derived from my> parents, community and my own readings - I would love to hear from> our scholarly members and other senior members.> > PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term basis. > > Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to do> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of these> are biased or promoting some political ideology along with the> religious teaching. > > So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like to hear from> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or from heart.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > > > > guruvayur , sindu kaipuzha sindukaipuzha@> wrote:> >> > namaskaram:> > > > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should he/she> recite when they wake up? in what direction should they stand/sit?> what should be the body posture? i understand there are recitations> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,. > can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > > > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > > > namaskaram> > sindu kaipuzha> > > > > >>

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya!

Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A Hindu is somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In Sanatana Dharma itself there are various sects and groups that suggest different ways of self realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs, the ultimate aim is self realization.

For self realization, there is only one real way - the way of SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual practices does not have any relation with wearing Saffron cloths and enunciating everything. Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the self.

There are a number of spiritual practices that helps one to lead a happy life. Some are the Art of Living of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji, Self realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and many like that. One seeking the ultimate abode of the supreme soul can always take a single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practice will definitely guide one to the goal.

Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the presence of a living guru. One seeker's like gets a direction when he reaches a Guru. A guru is inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe that, even Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita when he accepted Hari as the guru. In our scriptures it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH, orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is "bindu-nAda-kalAtItA", above the three aspects of OM-kara.

There are some other beautiful aspects too.

The first one is celebrating the life - it was put in practice by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG - Singing, Dancing and being in communion with the God within.

Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need. Look at any of the living masters. They all do that. SEVA. Helping the needy, without expecting anything.

Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the ultimate knowledge of Bhagavad Gita.

Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading the stories in religious books will not alone help. We got the human life for a cause. Finding that cause and reaching the self should be the goal in one's life.

Love and Regards

Suresh Nair

-

Sunil Menon

guruvayur

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM

Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine

Good question Sindu. For many youngsters and people living away from home, this comes up asa constant question. Before putting out my personal version - that has derived from myparents, community and my own readings - I would love to hear fromour scholarly members and other senior members.PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term basis. Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to doto be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of theseare biased or promoting some political ideology along with thereligious teaching. So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like to hear fromsomeone who can answer it from our scriptures or from heart.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur , sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzhawrote:>> namaskaram:> > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should he/sherecite when they wake up? in what direction should they stand/sit?what should be the body posture? i understand there are recitationsbefore you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,. can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > namaskaram> sindu kaipuzha> > >

Guest guest

namaste.

in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh, smt. saroja and sri. krishna, i was looking for a more down-to-earth information like (forgive me and correct me if i am wrong):

when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48 minutes before sunrise:

write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by right hand.

turn to righthand side and sit up facing east chanting 'govinda, govinda' and remember mother, father and guru.

join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the fingertips, saraswathi at the centre of the plams and parvathy at the lower part of the palm reciting:

karagravasathey lakshmi

karamadhye saraswathi

karamoole sthita gowri

prabhathey kara darshanam

4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:

samudra vasaney devi

parvatha sthana mandaley

vishnu pagni namasthubhyam

pada sparsham kshamaswamey

and place both hands on the head.

------------

courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k. aravindakshan.

------------

more practices will follow once your input is received.

with best wishes

sindu baby

Suresh Nair <aol.sureshguruvayur Sent: Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52 AMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine

Om Namo Narayanaya!

Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A Hindu is somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In Sanatana Dharma itself there are various sects and groups that suggest different ways of self realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs, the ultimate aim is self realization.

For self realization, there is only one real way - the way of SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual practices does not have any relation with wearing Saffron cloths and enunciating everything. Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the self.

There are a number of spiritual practices that helps one to lead a happy life. Some are the Art of Living of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji, Self realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and many like that. One seeking the ultimate abode of the supreme soul can always take a single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practice will definitely guide one to the goal.

Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the presence of a living guru. One seeker's like gets a direction when he reaches a Guru. A guru is inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe that, even Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita when he accepted Hari as the guru. In our scriptures it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH, orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is "bindu-nAda- kalAtItA" , above the three aspects of OM-kara.

There are some other beautiful aspects too.

The first one is celebrating the life - it was put in practice by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG - Singing, Dancing and being in communion with the God within.

Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need. Look at any of the living masters. They all do that. SEVA. Helping the needy, without expecting anything.

Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the ultimate knowledge of Bhagavad Gita.

Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading the stories in religious books will not alone help. We got the human life for a cause. Finding that cause and reaching the self should be the goal in one's life.

Love and Regards

Suresh Nair

-

Sunil Menon

guruvayur@grou ps.com

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM

Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine

Good question Sindu. For many youngsters and people living away from home, this comes up asa constant question. Before putting out my personal version - that has derived from myparents, community and my own readings - I would love to hear fromour scholarly members and other senior members.PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term basis. Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to doto be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of theseare biased or promoting some political ideology along with thereligious teaching. So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like to hear fromsomeone who can answer it from our scriptures or from heart.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@

....>wrote:>> namaskaram:> > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should he/sherecite when they wake up? in what direction should they stand/sit?what should be the body posture? i understand there are recitationsbefore you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,. can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > namaskaram> sindu kaipuzha> > >

Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.

Guest guest

Very informative. thanks. Looking forward for similar

mails.

--- sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha wrote:

> namaste.

>

> in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh,

> smt. saroja and sri. krishna, i was looking for a

> more down-to-earth information like (forgive me and

> correct me if i am wrong):

>

> 1.

> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48

> minutes before sunrise:

> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by

> right hand.

>

> 2.

> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east

> chanting 'govinda, govinda' and remember mother,

> father and guru.

>

> 3.

> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the

> fingertips, saraswathi at the centre of the plams

> and parvathy at the lower part of the palm reciting:

>

> karagravasathey lakshmi

> karamadhye saraswathi

> karamoole sthita gowri

> prabhathey kara darshanam

>

> 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:

>

> samudra vasaney devi

> parvatha sthana mandaley

> vishnu pagni namasthubhyam

> pada sparsham kshamaswamey

>

> and place both hands on the head.

>

> ------------

> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k.

> aravindakshan.

> ------------

>

> more practices will follow once your input is

> received.

>

> with best wishes

> sindu baby

>

> Suresh Nair <aol.suresh

> guruvayur

> Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52 AM

> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily

> routine

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya!

>

> Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A

> Hindu is somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In

> Sanatana Dharma itself there are various sects and

> groups that suggest different ways of self

> realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs,

> the ultimate aim is self realization.

>

> For self realization, there is only one real way -

> the way of SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual

> practices does not have any relation with wearing

> Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.

> Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the

> self.

>

> There are a number of spiritual practices that helps

> one to lead a happy life. Some are the Art of Living

> of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji, Self

> realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa

> Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi

> Mahesh Yogi and many like that. One seeking the

> ultimate abode of the supreme soul can always take a

> single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practice

> will definitely guide one to the goal.

>

> Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the

> presence of a living guru. One seeker's like gets a

> direction when he reaches a Guru. A guru is

> inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe

> that, even Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita

> when he accepted Hari as the guru. In our scriptures

> it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,

> orphan " . Having a guru is more than having Brahma,

> Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is " bindu-nAda-

> kalAtItA " , above the three aspects of OM-kara.

>

> There are some other beautiful aspects too.

>

> The first one is celebrating the life - it was put

> in practice by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG

> - Singing, Dancing and being in communion with the

> God within.

>

> Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need.

> Look at any of the living masters. They all do that.

> SEVA. Helping the needy, without expecting anything.

>

> Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the

> ultimate knowledge of Bhagavad Gita.

>

> Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading

> the stories in religious books will not alone help.

> We got the human life for a cause. Finding that

> cause and reaching the self should be the goal in

> one's life.

>

> Love and Regards

> Suresh Nair

> -

> Sunil Menon

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM

> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily

> routine

>

>

> Good question Sindu.

>

> For many youngsters and people living away from

> home, this comes up as

> a constant question.

>

> Before putting out my personal version - that has

> derived from my

> parents, community and my own readings - I would

> love to hear from

> our scholarly members and other senior members.

>

> PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily

> and long term basis.

>

> Many Internet sites provide their own version of

> what you need to do

> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt

> that many of these

> are biased or promoting some political ideology

> along with the

> religious teaching.

>

> So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like

> to hear from

> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or

> from heart.

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

> guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha

> <sindukaipuzha@ ...>

> wrote:

> >

> > namaskaram:

> >

> > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine.

> what should he/she

> recite when they wake up? in what direction should

> they stand/sit?

> what should be the body posture? i understand there

> are recitations

> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go

> to work etc.,.

> can anybody in this group elaborate on this?

> >

> > thank you, in advance, for your help..

> >

> > namaskaram

> > sindu kaipuzha

> >

> >

> Forgot the famous last words? Access your

> message archive online at

http://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php

______________________________\

____

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search

that gives answers, not web links.

http://mobile./mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC

Guest guest

Dear Sindu,

Good information Sindu.

I agree with you that many of us starters require plain & simple

instructions rather than difficult discourses to start practicing the

religion.

However, to be frank, I never heard half of these things your

mentioned. I think the reason is simple - Hinduism is a vast ocean of

knowledge. As an ocean,it has different shores, islands and colors.

So, there is no standard across India to conclude this is what we need

to do to be a Hindu.

But that - the openess - is the most important aspect and beauty of

our Hinduism. It is a non restrictive religion unlike most of the

Abrahamic religions where you are confined to certain practices &

rituals to be included in that religion.

But to make it simple & easy for starters, let us say we need some

kind of tutorial to start that journey towards advanced learning of

scriptures. So, I think it is a good start.

Please share more info.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil.

guruvayur , sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha

wrote:

>

> namaste.

>

> in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh, smt. saroja and

sri. krishna, i was looking for a more down-to-earth information like

(forgive me and correct me if i am wrong):

>

> 1.

> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48 minutes before

sunrise:

> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by right hand.

>

> 2.

> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east chanting 'govinda,

govinda' and remember mother, father and guru.

>

> 3.

> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the fingertips, saraswathi at

the centre of the plams and parvathy at the lower part of the palm

reciting:

>

> karamadhye saraswathi

> karamoole sthita gowri

>

>

> samudra vasaney devi

>

>

> ------------

> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k. aravindakshan.

> ------------

>

> more practices will follow once your input is received.

>

> with best wishes

> sindu baby

>

> guruvayur

> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya!

>

> Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A Hindu is

somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In Sanatana Dharma itself there

are various sects and groups that suggest different ways of self

realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs, the ultimate aim

is self realization.

>

> For self realization, there is only one real way - the way of

SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual practices does not have any

relation with wearing Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.

Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the self.

>

> There are a number of spiritual practices that helps one to lead a

happy life. Some are the Art of Living of His Holiness Sri Sri

Ravishankarji, Self realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa

Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and many

like that. One seeking the ultimate abode of the supreme soul can

always take a single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practice

will definitely guide one to the goal.

>

> Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the presence of a living

guru. One seeker's like gets a direction when he reaches a Guru. A

guru is inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe that, even

Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita when he accepted Hari as the

guru. In our scriptures it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,

orphan " . Having a guru is more than having Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh

together. Guru is " bindu-nAda- kalAtItA " , above the three aspects of

OM-kara.

>

>

> The first one is celebrating the life - it was put in practice by

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG - Singing, Dancing and being in

communion with the God within.

>

> Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need. Look at any of

the living masters. They all do that. SEVA. Helping the needy, without

expecting anything.

>

> Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the ultimate knowledge

of Bhagavad Gita.

>

> Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading the stories in

religious books will not alone help. We got the human life for a

cause. Finding that cause and reaching the self should be the goal in

one's life.

>

> Love and Regards

> Suresh Nair

> -

> Sunil Menon

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine

>

>

> Good question Sindu.

>

> For many youngsters and people living away from home, this comes up as

> a constant question.

>

> Before putting out my personal version - that has derived from my

> parents, community and my own readings - I would love to hear from

>

> PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term basis.

>

> Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to do

> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of these

> are biased or promoting some political ideology along with the

> religious teaching.

>

> So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like to hear from

> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or from heart.

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

> guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ ...>

> wrote:

> >

> > namaskaram:

> >

> > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should he/she

> recite when they wake up? in what direction should they stand/sit?

> what should be the body posture? i understand there are recitations

> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,.

> >

> >

> > namaskaram

> > sindu kaipuzha

> >

> >

> Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive

online at http://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php

>

Guest guest

Question to you sindu and others in the group...Where we should place our head while sleeping. Head placed at east facing west or placed at west facing east. I heard this saying. " aruthe thekku..... " please explain.

ThanksOn 10/10/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

mails.

--- sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha wrote:

> namaste.

>

>

> 1.

> right hand.

>

> 2.

> father and guru.

>

> 3.

>

> karamadhye saraswathi

> karamoole sthita gowri

>

>

> samudra vasaney devi

>

>

> ------------

> aravindakshan.

> ------------

>

> received.

>

> with best wishes

> sindu baby

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> guruvayur

> routine

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya!

>

>

> self.

>

>

> Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is " bindu-nAda-

> kalAtItA " , above the three aspects of OM-kara.

>

>

> God within.

>

>

>

> one's life.

>

> Love and Regards

> Suresh Nair

> -

> Sunil Menon

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> routine

>

>

> Good question Sindu.

>

> home, this comes up as

> a constant question.

>

> derived from my

> love to hear from

>

> and long term basis.

>

> what you need to do

> that many of these

> along with the

> religious teaching.

>

> to hear from

> from heart.

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

> <sindukaipuzha@ ...>

> wrote:

> >

> > namaskaram:

> >

> what should he/she

> they stand/sit?

> are recitations

> to work etc.,.

> >

> >

> > namaskaram

> > sindu kaipuzha

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

________

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya Dear Sindu, There is a malayalam book called Krishnarpanam written by Shri. Gopalakrishnan Elampulakad. The cover picture is of Krishna with a flute in his hand. This book has plenty of intruction as to what a Hindu should do and not do. It cost about Rs 50.00. You should be able to get this from the book shops near Guruvayoor. I got mine from a shop near Kadampuzha Keshtram. Pravin Narayana Narayana Narayana Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote: Dear Sindu,Good information Sindu. I agree with you that many of us starters require plain & simpleinstructions rather than difficult discourses to start practicing thereligion. However, to be frank, I never heard half of these things yourmentioned. I think the reason is simple - Hinduism is a vast ocean ofknowledge. As an ocean,it has different shores, islands and colors.So, there is no standard across India to conclude this is what we needto do to be a Hindu. But that - the openess - is the most important aspect and beauty ofour Hinduism. It is a non restrictive religion unlike most of theAbrahamic religions where you are confined to certain practices & rituals to be included in that religion.But to make it simple & easy for starters, let us say we need somekind of tutorial to start that journey towards advanced

learning ofscriptures. So, I think it is a good start.Please share more info.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur , sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzhawrote:>> namaste.> > in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh, smt. saroja andsri. krishna, i was looking for a more down-to-earth information like(forgive me and correct me if i am wrong):> > 1.> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48 minutes beforesunrise:> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by right hand.> > 2.> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east chanting 'govinda,govinda' and remember mother, father and guru.> > 3.> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the fingertips, saraswathi atthe centre of the plams and parvathy at the lower part of

the palmreciting:> > karagravasathey lakshmi> karamadhye saraswathi> karamoole sthita gowri> prabhathey kara darshanam> > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:> > samudra vasaney devi> parvatha sthana mandaley> vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > and place both hands on the head.> > ------------> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k. aravindakshan.> ------------> > more practices will follow once your input is received.> > with best wishes> sindu baby> > > > > > > > > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh> guruvayur > Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52 AM> Re:

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine> > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A Hindu issomebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In Sanatana Dharma itself thereare various sects and groups that suggest different ways of selfrealization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs, the ultimate aimis self realization.> > For self realization, there is only one real way - the way ofSADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual practices does not have anyrelation with wearing Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the self.> > There are a number of spiritual practices that helps one to lead ahappy life. Some are the Art of Living of His Holiness Sri SriRavishankarji, Self realization foundation of Sri Sri ParamhansaYogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and manylike that.

One seeking the ultimate abode of the supreme soul canalways take a single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practicewill definitely guide one to the goal.> > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the presence of a livingguru. One seeker's like gets a direction when he reaches a Guru. Aguru is inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe that, evenArjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita when he accepted Hari as theguru. In our scriptures it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshtogether. Guru is "bindu-nAda- kalAtItA" , above the three aspects ofOM-kara.> > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put in practice byChaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG - Singing, Dancing and being incommunion with the God within.> > Then it is

Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need. Look at any ofthe living masters. They all do that. SEVA. Helping the needy, withoutexpecting anything.> > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the ultimate knowledgeof Bhagavad Gita. > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading the stories inreligious books will not alone help. We got the human life for acause. Finding that cause and reaching the self should be the goal inone's life.> > Love and Regards> Suresh Nair > - > Sunil Menon > guruvayur@grou ps.com > Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine> > > Good question Sindu. > > For many youngsters and people living away from home, this comes up as> a constant question. > > Before putting out my

personal version - that has derived from my> parents, community and my own readings - I would love to hear from> our scholarly members and other senior members.> > PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term basis. > > Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to do> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of these> are biased or promoting some political ideology along with the> religious teaching. > > So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like to hear from> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or from heart.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ ...>> wrote:> >> > namaskaram:> > > > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should he/she> recite

when they wake up? in what direction should they stand/sit?> what should be the body posture? i understand there are recitations> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,. > can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > > > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > > > namaskaram> > sindu kaipuzha> > > > > > > > > > > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archiveonline at http://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php>

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

dear sri. pravin:

i am in saudi arabia and won't be able to get hold of the book berore january. could you please review and advise whether the morning routine i wrote is correct? if not, please jot down your comments or correct routine.

will appreciate your help.

with best wishes

sindu

Pravin balan <hba9331guruvayur Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 4:16:36 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Sindu,

There is a malayalam book called Krishnarpanam written by Shri. Gopalakrishnan Elampulakad. The cover picture is of Krishna with a flute in his hand. This book has plenty of intruction as to what a Hindu should do and not do. It cost about Rs 50.00. You should be able to get this from the book shops near Guruvayoor. I got mine from a shop near Kadampuzha Keshtram.

Pravin

Narayana Narayana Narayana

Sunil Menon <menon_sunil@ > wrote:

Dear Sindu,Good information Sindu. I agree with you that many of us starters require plain & simpleinstructions rather than difficult discourses to start practicing thereligion. However, to be frank, I never heard half of these things yourmentioned. I think the reason is simple - Hinduism is a vast ocean ofknowledge. As an ocean,it has different shores, islands and colors.So, there is no standard across India to conclude this is what we needto do to be a Hindu. But that - the openess - is the most important aspect and beauty ofour Hinduism. It is a non restrictive religion unlike most of theAbrahamic religions where you are confined to certain practices & rituals to be included in that religion.But to make it simple & easy for starters, let us say we need somekind of tutorial to start that journey towards advanced learning ofscriptures. So, I think it is a

good start.Please share more info.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ ...>wrote:>> namaste.> > in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh, smt. saroja andsri. krishna, i was looking for a more down-to-earth information like(forgive me and correct me if i am wrong):> > 1.> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48 minutes beforesunrise:> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by right hand.> > 2.> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east chanting 'govinda,govinda' and remember mother, father and guru.> > 3.> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the fingertips, saraswathi atthe centre of the plams and parvathy at the lower part of the

palmreciting:> > karagravasathey lakshmi> karamadhye saraswathi> karamoole sthita gowri> prabhathey kara darshanam> > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:> > samudra vasaney devi> parvatha sthana mandaley> vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > and place both hands on the head.> > ------------> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k. aravindakshan.> ------------> > more practices will follow once your input is received.> > with best wishes> sindu baby> > > > > > > > > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh@ ...>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52

AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine> > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A Hindu issomebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In Sanatana Dharma itself thereare various sects and groups that suggest different ways of selfrealization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs, the ultimate aimis self realization.> > For self realization, there is only one real way - the way ofSADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual practices does not have anyrelation with wearing Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the self.> > There are a number of spiritual practices that helps one to lead ahappy life. Some are the Art of Living of His Holiness Sri SriRavishankarji, Self realization foundation of Sri Sri ParamhansaYogananda, Transcendental Meditation of

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and manylike that. One seeking the ultimate abode of the supreme soul canalways take a single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practicewill definitely guide one to the goal.> > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the presence of a livingguru. One seeker's like gets a direction when he reaches a Guru. Aguru is inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe that, evenArjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita when he accepted Hari as theguru. In our scriptures it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshtogether. Guru is "bindu-nAda- kalAtItA" , above the three aspects ofOM-kara.> > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put in practice byChaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG - Singing, Dancing and being

incommunion with the God within.> > Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need. Look at any ofthe living masters. They all do that. SEVA. Helping the needy, withoutexpecting anything.> > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the ultimate knowledgeof Bhagavad Gita. > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading the stories inreligious books will not alone help. We got the human life for acause. Finding that cause and reaching the self should be the goal inone's life.> > Love and Regards> Suresh Nair > - > Sunil Menon > guruvayur@grou ps.com > Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine> > > Good question Sindu. > > For many youngsters and people living away from home, this

comes up as> a constant question. > > Before putting out my personal version - that has derived from my> parents, community and my own readings - I would love to hear from> our scholarly members and other senior members.> > PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term basis. > > Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to do> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of these> are biased or promoting some political ideology along with the> religious teaching. > > So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like to hear from> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or from heart.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ ....>> wrote:> >> > namaskaram:>

> > > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should he/she> recite when they wake up? in what direction should they stand/sit?> what should be the body posture? i understand there are recitations> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,. > can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > > > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > > > namaskaram> > sindu kaipuzha> > > > > > > > > > > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archiveonline at http://in.messenger ./ webmessengerprom o.php>

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

Guest guest

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

It is not at all difficult to trace out the daily routine

(Nithya-karmas) of a Hindu. Most of our people must have gone to

Sabarimala. What are the rituals followed during the 41 days of

Vratham ? I used to ask many people, "if you can follow all these

rules for fortyone days, why cant you do it for 365 days ?" At this,

many people just take it as a joke, laugh and walk away. The Vratham

rules for Sabarimala are quite stringent, and during my boyhood days, I

remember people used to say with fear and devotion, "if we dont follow

the rules correctly, some wild animal will catch us." Now there are

no wild animals and hence people dont observe stringent rules at all,

let alone 41 days-- they get initiated with Mala the previous day and

push off in a vehicle.and are back in 3 days time. Life has become

fast.

First thing, as soon as we get up, (preferably before sunrise) look at

the right palm as Sindu has written, because it is believed that

Goddesses Lakshmi, Saraswati and Parvathi have their abode on the

palm. One should remember that there is a deity looking after each

organ of ours, and that is an additional reason why we should not do

any bad things. When any of the organs get afflicted with sickness,

take medicine as prescribed by the doctor and also pray to the deity

concerned to help rapid cure. (As Guruvayoorappan is the Supreme God

of all those deities, one can pray repeatedly to Lord Guruvayoorappan

to take care of our health, and He will take care of us.) Also it

is a matter to be remembered that the Goddesses have their abodes in

our hand and we should not misuse that hand for bad actions! (right as

well as left)

Before putting one's foot on the ground, one can touch the mother

earth, the floor under you with the right hand and apply to the eyes,

reciting the stotra, "samudra Vasane Devi, Parvatha-sthana mandithe,

Vishnu-pathni namasthubhyam, padasparsam kshamaswa mey", requesting

mother earth to pardon us for treading on Her.. Then go to the Pooja

room or any picture of any God, one's Ishta-deivatham, and pay

respects and pray at least for a few seconds. After that, wash the

legs up to the knees, hands up to the elbow, clean the teeth, etc.,

and if one wants coffee or something, have it, and comed back, apply a

little Bhasmam on the forehead, prostrate before the God and if one

has the time, the Prathah-smarana stotrams can be recited. It is not

absolutely necessary that one should have his bath before praying-- if

the body and mind are otherwise clean, go ahead and recite with Bhakti,

the prathah-smarana manthras .

Prathah-smarana manthras (with instructions.)

1. Braahme muhurthe prabodhah karthavyah (One should get up during the

Braahma Muhurta which is 1-1/2 hours prior to sunrise.)

2. Braahme Muhurthe utthaaya chinthayeth atmano hitham. Gurum

Vishnum namaskrithya, matharam pitharam thadha. (After getting up

during the Braahma muhurtha, one should contemplate upon what is good

for him for that day, then offer prostrations to Guru, Lord Vishnu,

mother and father.)

3. Braahme muhurthe Devanam Pithruunam cha samagamah. Jagarah thathra

karthavyah Pithrusammananam hi thath. (It is duriing the Brahma

Muhurtha that the pithrus and Gods will visit us. One should be awake

during that time as a mark of respect to the Gods and fore-fathers.)

After washing feet, hands, face, etc., and wearing the Bhasma or

Chandanam on the forehead, one should recite the following:

a) Kausalya-supraja Raama, poorva sandhya pravarthathe.

Utthishta Nara-sardoola, karthavyam deivam ahnikam.

b)Utthishtotthishta Govinda, Utthishta Garuda-dhwaja

Utthishta Kamala-kantha, thrylokyam mangalam kuru.

c)Utthishtotthishta Viswesa, utthishta Vrishabha-dhwaja

Utthishta Girija-kantha, thrylokyam mangalam kuru.

d)Vakra-thunda Maha-kaya koti-surya sama-prabha

Nirvighnam kuru mey deva, sarva-karyeshu Sarvada.

e) Sarada Saradambhoja -vadana vadanambuje

Sarvada, sarvada-asmakam sannidhim sannidhim kriyath.

f)Gurur-brahma Gurur-vishnuh Gurur-devo Maheswarah

Guruh sakshat param Brahma thasmei Sri Gurave namsh.

g)Yah Sivo namaroopabhyam ya davee sarva-mangala

Thayoh samsmaranath pumsam sarvatho jaya-mangalam.

h)Lakshmee-nivasa niravadya-guneika-sindho

Samsara-sagara-samuttharaneika setho

Vedantha-vedya-nija-vaibhava-bhaktha-bhogya

Sree Venkatachalapathe-thava suprabhatham.

i) Kani-kanunneram Kamalanethrante niramerum manja-thukil-charthee.

Kanaka-kinkini-valakal mothiram aninju-kanenam Bhagavaney--etc.

j) Brahmaa-muraris-thripuraanthakascha

Bhanuh sasee bhoomisutho budhascha

Guruscha sukrah sani-rahu-kethavah

Kurvanthu sarve Mama suprabhatam

k)Bhrigur-vasishtah Krathur-angiraascha

Manuh Pulasthyah Pulahascha Gouthamah

Dalbhyo Mareechih Chyavano-adha Dakshah

Kurvanthu Sarve mama suprabhatham.

l) Sanath-kumaarascha sanandanascha

Sanaathano-apyasuri-simhakou cha

Sapthah-swarah saptha-rasathalani

Kurvanthu sarve mama suprabhatham.

m)Saptha-arnavah saptha-kulachalascha

Saptharshayo dweepa-vanaani saptha

Bhooradi-koormo Bhuvanani saptha

n)Prithwee sagandha sarasah-thatapah

Sparso cha vayur-jwalitham cha thejah

Nabhah sa-sabdam mahatha saheiva

o) Prahlada-narada-parasara-pundhareeka

Vyasa-ambareesha-suka-sounaka-bheeshma-dalbhyan

Rugmangada-arjuna-vibheeshana-aadeen

Punyan-iman parama-bhagavathan smarami.

p)Punya-sloko Nalo-raja, punya-sloko yudhishtirah

Punyasloka cha Vaidehee Punyasloko Janrdanah.

q) Brahmanam Sankaram Vishnum Yamam Ramam Danum Balim

Saptha-ethan smareth nithyam Mahapathaka-nasanam.

r)Ahalya Droupadee Seetha Thara Mandodaree thatha

Pancha-kanyah smareth nithyam mahapathaka- nasanam.

s)Kaarkodakasya Nagasya Damayanthyah Nalasya cha

Rithuparnasya rajarsheh keerthanam kali-naasanam.

t) Praathah prabhruthi saayantham saayaadi-praathar-anthathah

Yat-karomi Jagannadha thad-asthu thava poojanam.

u) Phala-sruthi

Ittham prabhaathe paramam pavithram

Pateth smareth va srinuvascha thadvat

Dus-swapna-nasas-thwiha suprabhaatham

Bhavet-cha nithyam Bhagavat-prasadath.

Further, there are individual Prathah-smarana-sthothras for each God.

These may be given if somebody wants them.

People wearing the sacred thread should perform the Sandhya-vandanam

during the right time, half hour plus or minus sandhya time. There is

no need of taking bath before performing sandhyavandanam--preferably if

bath can be taken before that is ideal-- the fact is that the timing is

important, whether it is the morning, afternoon (at mid-day) or the

evening. Body and mind should be pure.

On Pradosham days, during the timing of Pradosham (Between 5 p.m and

6.30 p.m., only Lord Siva and Sakthi should be worshipped. Everyday,

during the sandhya time, only prayer should be perfotmed and nothing

else. We will remember that Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakasipu came into

being on Diti's insistence to Kasyapa, her husband that she must have

sex during that time, in spite of Kasyapa's advice to her.

If anyone wants further clarifications, I shall write whatever I know.

Regards to all,

KVG.

Pravin balan wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Sindu,

There is a malayalam book called Krishnarpanam written

by Shri. Gopalakrishnan Elampulakad. The cover picture is of Krishna

with a flute in his hand. This book has plenty of intruction as to what

a Hindu should do and not do. It cost about Rs 50.00. You should be

able to get this from the book shops near Guruvayoor. I got mine from a

shop near Kadampuzha Keshtram.

Pravin

Sunil Menon <menon_sunil > wrote:

Dear Sindu,

Good information Sindu.

I agree with you that many of us starters require plain & simple

instructions rather than difficult discourses to start practicing the

religion.

However, to be frank, I never heard half of these things your

mentioned. I think the reason is simple - Hinduism is a vast ocean of

knowledge. As an ocean,it has different shores, islands and colors.

So, there is no standard across India to conclude this is what we need

to do to be a Hindu.

But that - the openess - is the most important aspect and beauty of

our Hinduism. It is a non restrictive religion unlike most of the

Abrahamic religions where you are confined to certain practices &

But to make it simple & easy for starters, let us say we need some

kind of tutorial to start that journey towards advanced learning of

Please share more info.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil.

guruvayur ,

sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha

wrote:

>

> namaste.

>

> in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh, smt. saroja

and

sri. krishna, i was looking for a more down-to-earth information like

>

> 1.

> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48 minutes before

sunrise:

> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by right hand.

>

> 2.

> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east chanting 'govinda,

>

> 3.

> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the fingertips, saraswathi at

the centre of the plams and parvathy at the lower part of the palm

reciting:

>

> karamadhye saraswathi

> karamoole sthita gowri

>

>

> samudra vasaney devi

>

>

> ------------

> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k. aravindakshan.

> ------------

>

> more practices will follow once your input is received.

>

> with best wishes

> sindu baby

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> guruvayur

> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya!

>

> Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A Hindu is

somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In Sanatana Dharma itself there

are various sects and groups that suggest different ways of self

realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs, the ultimate aim

is self realization.

>

> For self realization, there is only one real way - the way of

SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual practices does not have any

relation with wearing Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.

Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the self.

>

> There are a number of spiritual practices that helps one to lead a

happy life. Some are the Art of Living of His Holiness Sri Sri

Ravishankarji, Self realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa

Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and many

like that. One seeking the ultimate abode of the supreme soul can

always take a single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practice

>

> Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the presence of a living

guru. One seeker's like gets a direction when he reaches a Guru. A

guru is inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe that, even

Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita when he accepted Hari as the

guru. In our scriptures it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,

orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh

together. Guru is "bindu-nAda- kalAtItA" , above the three aspects of

OM-kara.

>

>

> The first one is celebrating the life - it was put in practice by

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG - Singing, Dancing and being in

>

> Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need. Look at any of

the living masters. They all do that. SEVA. Helping the needy, without

expecting anything.

>

> Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the ultimate knowledge

of Bhagavad Gita.

>

> Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading the stories in

religious books will not alone help. We got the human life for a

cause. Finding that cause and reaching the self should be the goal in

one's life.

>

> Love and Regards

> Suresh Nair

> -

> Sunil Menon

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine

>

>

> Good question Sindu.

>

> For many youngsters and people living away from home, this comes

up as

> a constant question.

>

>

> PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term

basis.

>

> Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to

do

> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of

these

> religious teaching.

>

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

<sindukaipuzha@ ...>

> wrote:

> >

> > namaskaram:

> >

> > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should

he/she

> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work

etc.,.

> >

> >

> > namaskaram

> > sindu kaipuzha

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive

online at http://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php

>

Be a better Heartthrob. Get

better relationship answers from someone who knows.

Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

Radhe Krishna!

The most ideal position is head towards south. When one says "Aruthe

thekku", he means that the southern direction should be avoided. South

is the direction of Yama and hence no good things, prayers etc., are

done facing south. The best directions for Mangala-karmas are east

and north.

Regards

KVG.

Epics 07 wrote:

Question to you sindu and others in the group...

Where we should place our head while sleeping. Head placed at east

facing west or placed at west facing east. I heard this saying.

"aruthe thekku....." please explain.

Thanks

On 10/10/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier >

wrote:

mails.

--- sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

> namaste.

>

>

> 1.

> right hand.

>

> 2.

> father and guru.

>

> 3.

>

> karamadhye saraswathi

> karamoole sthita gowri

>

>

> samudra vasaney devi

>

>

> ------------

> aravindakshan.

> ------------

>

> received.

>

> with best wishes

> sindu baby

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Suresh Nair <aol.suresh >

> guruvayur

> routine

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya!

>

>

> self.

>

>

> orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma,

> Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is "bindu-nAda-

> kalAtItA" , above the three aspects of OM-kara.

>

>

> God within.

>

>

>

> one's life.

>

> Love and Regards

> Suresh Nair

> -

> Sunil Menon

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> routine

>

>

> Good question Sindu.

>

> home, this comes up as

> a constant question.

>

> derived from my

> love to hear from

>

> and long term basis.

>

> what you need to do

> that many of these

> along with the

> religious teaching.

>

> to hear from

> from heart.

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

> guruvayur@grou ps.com,

sindu kaipuzha

> <sindukaipuzha@ ...>

> wrote:

> >

> > namaskaram:

> >

> what should he/she

> they stand/sit?

> are recitations

> to work etc.,.

> >

> >

> > namaskaram

> > sindu kaipuzha

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

________

Guest guest

Respected Shree Gopalakrishnaji:

Thanks for writing such an informative article.

Kirit Shah

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

It is not at all difficult to trace out the daily

routine(Nithya-karmas) of a Hindu. Most of our

people must have gone toSabarimala. What are the

rituals followed during the 41 days ofVratham ? I

used to ask many people, " if you can follow all these

rules for fortyone days, why cant you do it for 365

days ? " At this,many people just take it as a joke,

laugh and walk away. The Vrathamrules for

Sabarimala are quite stringent, and during my boyhood

days, Iremember people used to say with fear and

devotion, " if we dont followthe rules correctly, some

wild animal will catch us. " Now there areno wild

animals and hence people dont observe stringent rules

at all,let alone 41 days-- they get initiated with

Mala the previous day andpush off in a vehicle.and are

back in 3 days time. Life has becomefast.

First thing, as soon as we get up, (preferably before

sunrise) look atthe right palm as Sindu has written,

because it is believed thatGoddesses Lakshmi,

Saraswati and Parvathi have their abode on thepalm.

One should remember that there is a deity looking

after eachorgan of ours, and that is an additional

reason why we should not doany bad things. When any

of the organs get afflicted with sickness,take

medicine as prescribed by the doctor and also pray to

the deityconcerned to help rapid cure. (As

Guruvayoorappan is the Supreme Godof all those

deities, one can pray repeatedly to Lord

Guruvayoorappanto take care of our health, and He will

take care of us.) Also itis a matter to be

remembered that the Goddesses have their abodes inour

hand and we should not misuse that hand for bad

actions! (right aswell as left)

Before putting one's foot on the ground, one can touch

the motherearth, the floor under you with the right

hand and apply to the eyes,reciting the stotra,

" samudra Vasane Devi, Parvatha-sthana

mandithe,Vishnu-pathni namasthubhyam, padasparsam

kshamaswa mey " , requestingmother earth to pardon us

for treading on Her.. Then go to the Poojaroom or

any picture of any God, one's Ishta-deivatham, and

payrespects and pray at least for a few seconds.

After that, wash thelegs up to the knees, hands up to

the elbow, clean the teeth, etc.,and if one wants

coffee or something, have it, and comed back, apply

alittle Bhasmam on the forehead, prostrate before the

God and if onehas the time, the Prathah-smarana

stotrams can be recited. It is notabsolutely

necessary that one should have his bath before

praying-- ifthe body and mind are otherwise clean, go

ahead and recite with Bhakti,the prathah-smarana

manthras .

Prathah-smarana manthras (with instructions.)

1. Braahme muhurthe prabodhah karthavyah (One should

get up during theBraahma Muhurta which is 1-1/2 hours

prior to sunrise.)

2. Braahme Muhurthe utthaaya chinthayeth atmano

hitham. GurumVishnum namaskrithya, matharam pitharam

thadha. (After getting upduring the Braahma muhurtha,

one should contemplate upon what is goodfor him for

that day, then offer prostrations to Guru, Lord

Vishnu,mother and father.)

3. Braahme muhurthe Devanam Pithruunam cha samagamah.

Jagarah thathrakarthavyah Pithrusammananam hi thath.

(It is duriing the BrahmaMuhurtha that the pithrus and

Gods will visit us. One should be awakeduring that

time as a mark of respect to the Gods and

fore-fathers.)After washing feet, hands, face, etc.,

and wearing the Bhasma orChandanam on the forehead,

one should recite the following:

a) Kausalya-supraja Raama, poorva sandhya

pravarthathe.

Utthishta Nara-sardoola, karthavyam deivam ahnikam.

b)Utthishtotthishta Govinda, Utthishta Garuda-dhwaja

Utthishta Kamala-kantha, thrylokyam mangalam kuru.

c)Utthishtotthishta Viswesa, utthishta

Vrishabha-dhwaja

Utthishta Girija-kantha, thrylokyam mangalam kuru.

d)Vakra-thunda Maha-kaya koti-surya sama-prabha

Nirvighnam kuru mey deva, sarva-karyeshu Sarvada.

e) Sarada Saradambhoja -vadana vadanambuje

Sarvada, sarvada-asmakam sannidhim sannidhim kriyath.

f)Gurur-brahma Gurur-vishnuh Gurur-devo Maheswarah

Guruh sakshat param Brahma thasmei Sri Gurave namsh.

g)Yah Sivo namaroopabhyam ya davee sarva-mangala

Thayoh samsmaranath pumsam sarvatho jaya-mangalam.

h)Lakshmee-nivasa niravadya-guneika-sindho

Samsara-sagara-samuttharaneika setho

Vedantha-vedya-nija-vaibhava-bhaktha-bhogya

Sree Venkatachalapathe-thava suprabhatham.

i) Kani-kanunneram Kamalanethrante niramerum

manja-thukil-charthee.

Kanaka-kinkini-valakal mothiram aninju-kanenam

Bhagavaney--etc.

j) Brahmaa-muraris-thripuraanthakascha

Bhanuh sasee bhoomisutho budhascha

Guruscha sukrah sani-rahu-kethavah

Kurvanthu sarve Mama suprabhatam

k)Bhrigur-vasishtah Krathur-angiraascha

Manuh Pulasthyah Pulahascha Gouthamah

Dalbhyo Mareechih Chyavano-adha Dakshah

Kurvanthu Sarve mama suprabhatham.

l) Sanath-kumaarascha sanandanascha

Sanaathano-apyasuri-simhakou cha

Sapthah-swarah saptha-rasathalani

m)Saptha-arnavah saptha-kulachalascha

Saptharshayo dweepa-vanaani saptha

Bhooradi-koormo Bhuvanani saptha

n)Prithwee sagandha sarasah-thatapah

Sparso cha vayur-jwalitham cha thejah

Nabhah sa-sabdam mahatha saheiva

o) Prahlada-narada-parasara-pundhareeka

Vyasa-ambareesha-suka-sounaka-bheeshma-dalbhyan

Rugmangada-arjuna-vibheeshana-aadeen

Punyan-iman parama-bhagavathan smarami.

p)Punya-sloko Nalo-raja, punya-sloko yudhishtirah

Punyasloka cha Vaidehee Punyasloko Janrdanah.

q) Brahmanam Sankaram Vishnum Yamam Ramam Danum Balim

Saptha-ethan smareth nithyam Mahapathaka-nasanam.

r)Ahalya Droupadee Seetha Thara Mandodaree thatha

Pancha-kanyah smareth nithyam mahapathaka- nasanam.

s)Kaarkodakasya Nagasya Damayanthyah Nalasya cha

Rithuparnasya rajarsheh keerthanam kali-naasanam.

t) Praathah prabhruthi saayantham

saayaadi-praathar-anthathah

Yat-karomi Jagannadha thad-asthu thava poojanam.

u) Phala-sruthi

Ittham prabhaathe paramam pavithram

Pateth smareth va srinuvascha thadvat

Dus-swapna-nasas-thwiha suprabhaatham

Bhavet-cha nithyam Bhagavat-prasadath.

Further, there are individual

Prathah-smarana-sthothras for each God. These may be

given if somebody wants them.

People wearing the sacred thread should perform the

Sandhya-vandanamduring the right time, half hour plus

or minus sandhya time. There isno need of taking

bath before performing sandhyavandanam--preferably

ifbath can be taken before that is ideal-- the fact is

that the timing isimportant, whether it is the

morning, afternoon (at mid-day) or theevening. Body

and mind should be pure.

On Pradosham days, during the timing of Pradosham

(Between 5 p.m and6.30 p.m., only Lord Siva and Sakthi

should be worshipped. Everyday,during the sandhya

time, only prayer should be perfotmed and nothingelse.

We will remember that Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakasipu

came intobeing on Diti's insistence to Kasyapa, her

husband that she must havesex during that time, in

spite of Kasyapa's advice to her.

If anyone wants further clarifications, I shall write

whatever I know.

Regards to all,

KVG.

Pravin balan wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Sindu,

There is a malayalam book called Krishnarpanam

writtenby Shri. Gopalakrishnan Elampulakad. The cover

picture is of Krishnawith a flute in his hand. This

book has plenty of intruction as to whata Hindu should

do and not do. It cost about Rs 50.00. You should

beable to get this from the book shops near

Guruvayoor. I got mine from ashop near Kadampuzha

Keshtram.

Pravin

Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:

Dear Sindu,

Good information Sindu.

I agree with you that many of us starters require

plain & simple

instructions rather than difficult discourses to start

practicing the

religion.

However, to be frank, I never heard half of these

things your

mentioned. I think the reason is simple - Hinduism is

a vast ocean of

knowledge. As an ocean,it has different shores,

islands and colors.

So, there is no standard across India to conclude this

is what we need

to do to be a Hindu.

But that - the openess - is the most important aspect

and beauty of

our Hinduism. It is a non restrictive religion unlike

most of the

Abrahamic religions where you are confined to certain

practices &

But to make it simple & easy for starters, let us say

we need some

kind of tutorial to start that journey towards

advanced learning of

Please share more info.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil.

guruvayur ,sindu kaipuzha

<sindukaipuzha

wrote:

>

> namaste.

>

smt. sarojaand

sri. krishna, i was looking for a more down-to-earth

information like

>

> 1.

minutes before

sunrise:

right hand.

>

> 2.

chanting 'govinda,

>

> 3.

fingertips, saraswathi at

the centre of the plams and parvathy at the lower part

of the palm

reciting:

>

> karamadhye saraswathi

> karamoole sthita gowri

>

>

> samudra vasaney devi

>

>

> ------------

aravindakshan.

> ------------

>

received.

>

> with best wishes

> sindu baby

>

> guruvayur

routine

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya!

>

Hindu is

somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In Sanatana

Dharma itself there

are various sects and groups that suggest different

ways of self

realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs,

the ultimate aim

is self realization.

>

the way of

SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual practices does

not have any

relation with wearing Saffron cloths and enunciating

everything.

Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the

self.

>

one to lead a

happy life. Some are the Art of Living of His Holiness

Sri Sri

Ravishankarji, Self realization foundation of Sri Sri

Paramhansa

Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi

Mahesh Yogi and many

like that. One seeking the ultimate abode of the

supreme soul can

always take a single path of Spiritual Practices.

Regular practice

>

presence of a living

guru. One seeker's like gets a direction when he

reaches a Guru. A

guru is inevitable in the path of self realization.

Observe that, even

Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita when he

accepted Hari as the

guru. In our scriptures it is told that " One without

guru is - ANATH,

orphan " . Having a guru is more than having Brahma,

Vishnu and Mahesh

together. Guru is " bindu-nAda- kalAtItA " , above the

three aspects of

OM-kara.

>

>

in practice by

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG - Singing,

Dancing and being in

>

Look at any of

the living masters. They all do that. SEVA. Helping

the needy, without

expecting anything.

>

ultimate knowledge

of Bhagavad Gita.

>

the stories in

religious books will not alone help. We got the human

life for a

cause. Finding that cause and reaching the self should

be the goal in

one's life.

>

> Love and Regards

> Suresh Nair

> -

> Sunil Menon

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

routine

>

>

> Good question Sindu.

>

home, this comesup as

> a constant question.

>

derived from my

love to hear from

>

and long termbasis.

>

what you need todo

that many ofthese

along with the

> religious teaching.

>

to hear from

from heart.

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

> guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu

kaipuzha<sindukaipuzha@ ...>

> wrote:

> >

> > namaskaram:

> >

what shouldhe/she

they stand/sit?

are recitations

to worketc.,.

> >

> >

> > namaskaram

> > sindu kaipuzha

> >

> >

> Forgot the famous last words? Access your message

archive

online at

>

Be a better Heartthrob. Getbetter relationship answers

from someone who knows.

Answers - Check it out.

______________________________\

____

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on TV. Watch previews, get listings, and

more!

http://tv./collections/3658

Guest guest

Respected my G and other members,

I am sorry to point this out, as my G said " the most ideal position is head towards south" is wrong. I presume you meant EAST.

I had heard the following about our sleeping posture. The head should be

VENAM KIZHAKKOTTU

VENDA PADINJATTU

AAKAM VADAKKOTTU

ARUTHE THEKKOTTU

As my G said for all auspicious beginning we should be facing east.

Scientifically I read somewhere as the Earth rotates from west to east to avoid the ill effect of the gravitational force our head should be in the same direction as the rotation of the Earth.

Pardon my interruption in this subject.

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Chandra Sekharan Menon

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvguruvayur Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:04:44 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine

Radhe Krishna!The most ideal position is head towards south. When one says "Aruthe thekku", he means that the southern direction should be avoided. South is the direction of Yama and hence no good things, prayers etc., are done facing south. The best directions for Mangala-karmas are east and north.RegardsKVG.Epics 07 wrote:

Question to you sindu and others in the group...Where we should place our head while sleeping. Head placed at east facing west or placed at west facing east. I heard this saying."aruthe thekku....." please explain. Thanks

On 10/10/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ > wrote:

Very informative. thanks. Looking forward for similarmails.

--- sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ .co. in> wrote:> namaste.> > in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh,> smt. saroja and sri. krishna, i was looking for a> more down-to-earth information like (forgive me and> correct me if i am wrong):> > 1.> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48> minutes before sunrise:> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by> right hand.> > 2.> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east> chanting 'govinda, govinda' and remember mother,> father and guru.> > 3.> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the> fingertips, saraswathi at the centre of the plams> and

parvathy at the lower part of the palm reciting:> > karagravasathey lakshmi> karamadhye saraswathi> karamoole sthita gowri> prabhathey kara darshanam> > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:> > samudra vasaney devi> parvatha sthana mandaley> vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > and place both hands on the head.> > ------------> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k.> aravindakshan.> ------------> > more practices will follow once your input is> received.> > with best wishes> sindu baby> > > > > > > > > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh (AT) gmail (DOT)

com>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A> Hindu is somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In> Sanatana Dharma itself there are various sects and> groups that suggest different ways of self> realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs,> the ultimate aim is self realization.> > For self realization, there is only one real way -> the way of SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual> practices does not have any relation with wearing> Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.> Spirituality is knowing the spirit,

experiencing the> self.> > There are a number of spiritual practices that helps> one to lead a happy life. Some are the Art of Living> of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji, Self> realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa> Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi> Mahesh Yogi and many like that. One seeking the> ultimate abode of the supreme soul can always take a> single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practice> will definitely guide one to the goal.> > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the> presence of a living guru. One seeker's like gets a> direction when he reaches a Guru. A guru is> inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe> that, even Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita> when he accepted Hari as the guru. In our scriptures> it is told that " One without guru is -

ANATH,> orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma,> Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is "bindu-nAda-> kalAtItA" , above the three aspects of OM-kara.> > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put> in practice by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG> - Singing, Dancing and being in communion with the> God within.> > Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need.> Look at any of the living masters. They all do that.> SEVA. Helping the needy, without expecting anything.> > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the> ultimate knowledge of Bhagavad Gita. > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading> the stories in religious books will not alone help.> We got the human life for a cause. Finding that> cause and reaching the

self should be the goal in> one's life.> > Love and Regards> Suresh Nair > - > Sunil Menon > guruvayur@grou ps.com > Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > > Good question Sindu. > > For many youngsters and people living away from> home, this comes up as> a constant question. > > Before putting out my personal version - that has> derived from my> parents, community and my own readings - I would> love to hear from> our scholarly members and other senior members.> > PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily> and long term basis. > > Many Internet sites provide their own version of> what

you need to do> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt> that many of these> are biased or promoting some political ideology> along with the> religious teaching. > > So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like> to hear from> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or> from heart.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha> <sindukaipuzha@ ...>> wrote:> >> > namaskaram:> > > > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine.> what should he/she> recite when they wake up? in what direction should> they stand/sit?> what should be the body posture? i understand there> are recitations> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food,

go> to work etc.,. > can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > > > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > > > namaskaram> > sindu kaipuzha> > > > > > > > > > > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your> message archive online athttp://in.messenger ./ webmessengerprom o.php____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. http://mobile. / mobileweb/ onesearch? refer=1ONXIC

Guest guest

Dear Mr. C.M. With due respect let me correct you the verse. Venam Kizhakkotu Venda Vadakkkottu (In Hindu religion dead bodies are always laid in this position)Aakam Thekkottu Kashtam Padinjattu Best Regards V.NairChandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: Respected my G and other members, I am sorry to point this out, as my G said " the most ideal position is head towards south" is wrong. I presume you meant EAST. I had heard the following about our sleeping posture. The head should be VENAM KIZHAKKOTTU VENDA PADINJATTU AAKAM VADAKKOTTU ARUTHE THEKKOTTU As my G said for all auspicious beginning we should be facing east. Scientifically I read somewhere as the Earth rotates from west to east to avoid the ill effect of the gravitational force our head should

be in the same direction as the rotation of the Earth. Pardon my interruption in this subject. Ohm Narayanaya Namah Chandra Sekharan Menon K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv >guruvayur Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:04:44 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine Radhe Krishna!The most ideal position is head towards south. When one says "Aruthe thekku", he means that the southern direction should be avoided. South is the direction of Yama and hence no good things, prayers etc., are done facing south. The best

directions for Mangala-karmas are east and north.RegardsKVG.Epics 07 wrote: Question to you sindu and others in the group...Where we should place our head while sleeping. Head placed at east facing west or placed at west facing east. I heard this saying."aruthe thekku....." please explain. Thanks On 10/10/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ > wrote: Very informative. thanks. Looking forward for similarmails. --- sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ .co. in> wrote:> namaste.> > in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh,> smt. saroja and sri. krishna, i was looking for a> more down-to-earth information like (forgive me and> correct me if i am wrong):> > 1.> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48> minutes before sunrise:> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by> right hand.> > 2.> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east> chanting 'govinda, govinda' and remember mother,> father and guru.> > 3.> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the> fingertips, saraswathi at the centre of the plams> and parvathy at the lower part of the palm reciting:> > karagravasathey lakshmi>

karamadhye saraswathi> karamoole sthita gowri> prabhathey kara darshanam> > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:> > samudra vasaney devi> parvatha sthana mandaley> vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > and place both hands on the head.> > ------------> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k.> aravindakshan.> ------------> > more practices will follow once your input is> received.> > with best wishes> sindu baby> > > > > > > > > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A> Hindu is somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In> Sanatana Dharma itself there are various sects and> groups that suggest different ways of self> realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs,> the ultimate aim is self realization.> > For self realization, there is only one real way -> the way of SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual> practices does not have any relation with wearing> Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.> Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the> self.> > There are a number of spiritual practices that helps> one to lead a

happy life. Some are the Art of Living> of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji, Self> realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa> Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi> Mahesh Yogi and many like that. One seeking the> ultimate abode of the supreme soul can always take a> single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practice> will definitely guide one to the goal.> > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the> presence of a living guru. One seeker's like gets a> direction when he reaches a Guru. A guru is> inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe> that, even Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita> when he accepted Hari as the guru. In our scriptures> it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,> orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma,> Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is "bindu-nAda-> kalAtItA" , above the

three aspects of OM-kara.> > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put> in practice by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG> - Singing, Dancing and being in communion with the> God within.> > Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need.> Look at any of the living masters. They all do that.> SEVA. Helping the needy, without expecting anything.> > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the> ultimate knowledge of Bhagavad Gita. > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading> the stories in religious books will not alone help.> We got the human life for a cause. Finding that> cause and reaching the self should be the goal in> one's life.> > Love and Regards> Suresh Nair > - > Sunil Menon

> guruvayur@grou ps.com > Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > > Good question Sindu. > > For many youngsters and people living away from> home, this comes up as> a constant question. > > Before putting out my personal version - that has> derived from my> parents, community and my own readings - I would> love to hear from> our scholarly members and other senior members.> > PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily> and long term basis. > > Many Internet sites provide their own version of> what you need to do> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt> that many of these> are biased or promoting some political ideology> along with the>

religious teaching. > > So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like> to hear from> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or> from heart.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha> <sindukaipuzha@ ...>> wrote:> >> > namaskaram:> > > > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine.> what should he/she> recite when they wake up? in what direction should> they stand/sit?> what should be the body posture? i understand there> are recitations> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go> to work etc.,. > can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > > > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > > > namaskaram> > sindu

kaipuzha> > > > > > > > > > > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your> message archive online athttp://in.messenger ./ webmessengerprom o.php____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. http://mobile. / mobileweb/ onesearch? refer=1ONXIC

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

Guest guest

Namasthe, I am also from Saudi Arabia working in private firm in Eastern provice. Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya Nama! Santhosh sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha wrote: dear

sri. pravin: i am in saudi arabia and won't be able to get hold of the book berore january. could you please review and advise whether the morning routine i wrote is correct? if not, please jot down your comments or correct routine. will appreciate your help. with best wishes sindu Pravin balan <hba9331 >guruvayur Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 4:16:36 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine Om Namo Narayanaya Dear Sindu, There is a malayalam

book called Krishnarpanam written by Shri. Gopalakrishnan Elampulakad. The cover picture is of Krishna with a flute in his hand. This book has plenty of intruction as to what a Hindu should do and not do. It cost about Rs 50.00. You should be able to get this from the book shops near Guruvayoor. I got mine from a shop near Kadampuzha Keshtram. Pravin Narayana Narayana Narayana Sunil Menon <menon_sunil@ > wrote: Dear Sindu,Good information Sindu. I agree with you that many of us starters require plain & simpleinstructions rather than difficult discourses to start practicing thereligion. However, to be frank, I never heard half of these things yourmentioned. I think the reason is simple - Hinduism is a vast ocean ofknowledge. As an

ocean,it has different shores, islands and colors.So, there is no standard across India to conclude this is what we needto do to be a Hindu. But that - the openess - is the most important aspect and beauty ofour Hinduism. It is a non restrictive religion unlike most of theAbrahamic religions where you are confined to certain practices & rituals to be included in that religion.But to make it simple & easy for starters, let us say we need somekind of tutorial to start that journey towards advanced learning ofscriptures. So, I think it is a good start.Please share more info.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ ...>wrote:>> namaste.> > in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh, smt. saroja andsri. krishna, i was looking

for a more down-to-earth information like(forgive me and correct me if i am wrong):> > 1.> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48 minutes beforesunrise:> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by right hand.> > 2.> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east chanting 'govinda,govinda' and remember mother, father and guru.> > 3.> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the fingertips, saraswathi atthe centre of the plams and parvathy at the lower part of the palmreciting:> > karagravasathey lakshmi> karamadhye saraswathi> karamoole sthita gowri> prabhathey kara darshanam> > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:> > samudra vasaney devi> parvatha sthana mandaley> vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > and place both hands on the head.>

> ------------> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k. aravindakshan.> ------------> > more practices will follow once your input is received.> > with best wishes> sindu baby> > > > > > > > > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh@ ...>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine> > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A Hindu issomebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In Sanatana Dharma itself thereare various sects and groups that suggest different ways of selfrealization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs, the ultimate aimis self realization.> > For

self realization, there is only one real way - the way ofSADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual practices does not have anyrelation with wearing Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the self.> > There are a number of spiritual practices that helps one to lead ahappy life. Some are the Art of Living of His Holiness Sri SriRavishankarji, Self realization foundation of Sri Sri ParamhansaYogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and manylike that. One seeking the ultimate abode of the supreme soul canalways take a single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practicewill definitely guide one to the goal.> > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the presence of a livingguru. One seeker's like gets a direction when he reaches a Guru. Aguru is inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe that, evenArjuna got the ultimate

knowledge of Gita when he accepted Hari as theguru. In our scriptures it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshtogether. Guru is "bindu-nAda- kalAtItA" , above the three aspects ofOM-kara.> > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put in practice byChaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG - Singing, Dancing and being incommunion with the God within.> > Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need. Look at any ofthe living masters. They all do that. SEVA. Helping the needy, withoutexpecting anything.> > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the ultimate knowledgeof Bhagavad Gita. > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading the stories inreligious books will not alone help. We got the human life for acause. Finding

that cause and reaching the self should be the goal inone's life.> > Love and Regards> Suresh Nair > - > Sunil Menon > guruvayur@grou ps.com > Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine> > > Good question Sindu. > > For many youngsters and people living away from home, this comes up as> a constant question. > > Before putting out my personal version - that has derived from my> parents, community and my own readings - I would love to hear from> our scholarly members and other senior members.> > PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term basis. > > Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to do> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of these>

are biased or promoting some political ideology along with the> religious teaching. > > So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like to hear from> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or from heart.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ ....>> wrote:> >> > namaskaram:> > > > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should he/she> recite when they wake up? in what direction should they stand/sit?> what should be the body posture? i understand there are recitations> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,. > can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > > > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > > > namaskaram> > sindu kaipuzha> > > > >

> > > > > > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archiveonline at http://in.messenger ./ webmessengerprom o.php> Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out. Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

Sree Seetharamajayam Namaskaram to all of th guruvayurappa bhakthas am not that educated person, not that much knowledge in vedas and puranas but in my knowledge my paati(grandma)says this "akam kizhakottu aruthe padinjattu venam engil thekotu venda vadakotu" because in noth is druva star, if u put in head on that side is not good for us, i dont know y. thn in gita bhagavan say in chapter, i dontknow which one is that, i heards from my guru, swami Mridananda, of Ramakrishna Math, trichur that bhagavan is tha Sarva Disha of this world, so i believe that we can believe in only bagavan and think only about him, nothing else. bagavan says "sarva khalwidamewaham nanyathasthi sanandhanam". In malayalam Njan thanithellam Mattonnumilla

sanathanam. So believe only in swamy and do as per our kula acharam and ask ur acharyas. Acharyavachan bagaavadvachanam. Sree Seetha Ramo Vijayathe sada Regards and Namaskarams Krishnakumar Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: Respected my G and other members, I am sorry to point this out, as my G said " the most ideal position is head towards south" is wrong. I presume you meant EAST. I had heard the following about our sleeping posture. The head should be VENAM KIZHAKKOTTU VENDA PADINJATTU AAKAM VADAKKOTTU ARUTHE THEKKOTTU As my G said for all auspicious beginning we should be facing east. Scientifically I read somewhere as the Earth rotates from west to east to avoid the ill effect of the gravitational force our head should

be in the same direction as the rotation of the Earth. Pardon my interruption in this subject. Ohm Narayanaya Namah Chandra Sekharan Menon K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv >guruvayur Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:04:44 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine Radhe Krishna!The most ideal position is head towards south. When one says "Aruthe thekku", he means that the southern direction should be avoided. South is the direction of Yama and hence no good things, prayers etc., are done facing south. The best

directions for Mangala-karmas are east and north.RegardsKVG.Epics 07 wrote: Question to you sindu and others in the group...Where we should place our head while sleeping. Head placed at east facing west or placed at west facing east. I heard this saying."aruthe thekku....." please explain. Thanks On 10/10/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ > wrote: Very informative. thanks. Looking forward for similarmails. --- sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ .co. in> wrote:> namaste.> > in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh,> smt. saroja and sri. krishna, i was looking for a> more down-to-earth information like (forgive me and> correct me if i am wrong):> > 1.> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48> minutes before sunrise:> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by> right hand.> > 2.> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east> chanting 'govinda, govinda' and remember mother,> father and guru.> > 3.> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the> fingertips, saraswathi at the centre of the plams> and parvathy at the lower part of the palm reciting:> > karagravasathey lakshmi>

karamadhye saraswathi> karamoole sthita gowri> prabhathey kara darshanam> > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:> > samudra vasaney devi> parvatha sthana mandaley> vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > and place both hands on the head.> > ------------> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k.> aravindakshan.> ------------> > more practices will follow once your input is> received.> > with best wishes> sindu baby> > > > > > > > > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A> Hindu is somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In> Sanatana Dharma itself there are various sects and> groups that suggest different ways of self> realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs,> the ultimate aim is self realization.> > For self realization, there is only one real way -> the way of SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual> practices does not have any relation with wearing> Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.> Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the> self.> > There are a number of spiritual practices that helps> one to lead a

happy life. Some are the Art of Living> of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji, Self> realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa> Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi> Mahesh Yogi and many like that. One seeking the> ultimate abode of the supreme soul can always take a> single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practice> will definitely guide one to the goal.> > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the> presence of a living guru. One seeker's like gets a> direction when he reaches a Guru. A guru is> inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe> that, even Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita> when he accepted Hari as the guru. In our scriptures> it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,> orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma,> Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is "bindu-nAda-> kalAtItA" , above the

three aspects of OM-kara.> > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put> in practice by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG> - Singing, Dancing and being in communion with the> God within.> > Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need.> Look at any of the living masters. They all do that.> SEVA. Helping the needy, without expecting anything.> > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the> ultimate knowledge of Bhagavad Gita. > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading> the stories in religious books will not alone help.> We got the human life for a cause. Finding that> cause and reaching the self should be the goal in> one's life.> > Love and Regards> Suresh Nair > - > Sunil Menon

> guruvayur@grou ps.com > Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > > Good question Sindu. > > For many youngsters and people living away from> home, this comes up as> a constant question. > > Before putting out my personal version - that has> derived from my> parents, community and my own readings - I would> love to hear from> our scholarly members and other senior members.> > PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily> and long term basis. > > Many Internet sites provide their own version of> what you need to do> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt> that many of these> are biased or promoting some political ideology> along with the>

religious teaching. > > So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like> to hear from> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or> from heart.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha> <sindukaipuzha@ ...>> wrote:> >> > namaskaram:> > > > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine.> what should he/she> recite when they wake up? in what direction should> they stand/sit?> what should be the body posture? i understand there> are recitations> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go> to work etc.,. > can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > > > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > > > namaskaram> > sindu

kaipuzha> > > > > > > > > > > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your> message archive online athttp://in.messenger ./ webmessengerprom o.php____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. http://mobile. / mobileweb/ onesearch? refer=1ONXIC

Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online.

Guest guest

namaste.

while it is heartening to receive inputs from some members, i am adding two more routines to be observed (points 5 & 6).. i will append the inputs from the members in the respective points in the future enabling the members to use their discretion as to what should be followed:

when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48 minutes before sunrise:

write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by right hand.

turn to righthand side and sit up facing east chanting 'govinda, govinda' and remember mother, father and guru.

join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the fingertips, saraswathi at the centre of the plams and parvathy at the lower part of the palm reciting:

karagravasathey lakshmi

karamadhye saraswathi

karamoole sthita gowri

prabhathey kara darshanam

4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:

samudra vasaney devi

parvatha sthana mandaley

vishnu pagni namasthubhyam

pada sparsham kshamaswamey

and place both hands on the head.

------------

courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k. aravindakshan.

------------

wash your mouth and drink 1.5 Liters of water. (courtesy: http://health.wiki.zoho.com/Water-Therapy.html). details are hereunder (general.1.)

this point is from the health point of view.

while getting ready to brush your teeth, chant:

kleem kama devaya namah

sarva jana priyaya namah

namaste.

sindu baby

-----------

general:

Water Therapy

Tags:

Drink six [6] glasses of water (1.5 liter) everyday and avoid medicine, tablets, injections, diagnosis, doctor fees etc. You can never believe before practicing.. Here is the list of diseases that can be cured by this water therapy:

Head Ache Blood Pressure / Hypertension Anemia (Blood shortage) Rheumatism (Pain in joints/muscles) General Paralysis Obesity (Fatness) Arthritis Sinusitis Tachycardia Giddiness Cough Asthma Bronchitis Pulmonary Tuberculosis Meningitis Kidney Stones Urogenital Diseases Hyper acidity Gastro – entitis Dysentery Rectal Piodapse Constipation Hostorthobics Diabetes Eye diseases Ophthalmic Hemorrhage & Opthalmia (Reddish eye) Irregular Menstruation Leukemia Uterus Cancer Breast Cancer Laryngitis

HOW TO DO THIS WATER THERAPY?

Early morning, after you get up from bed, (without even brushing your teeth) drink 1.50 litters of water i.e. 5 to 6 glasses. You may wash your face thereafter. Here it is very essential to note that nothing else, neither drinks nor solid food of any sort should be taken within 1 hr. before and after drinking these 1.5 litters of water. It is also to be strictly observed that no alcoholic drinks shall be taken the previous night. If required, boiled and filtered water may be used for this purpose. Is it possible to drink 1.50 litters of water at one time? This is a BIG QUESTION? To begin with, one may find it difficult to drink 1.50 litters of water at one time, but one will get used to it gradually. Initially, while practicing you may drink four glasses first and then the balance two glasses after a gap of 2 minutes.Initially you may find the necessity to urinate 2-3 times within an hour, but it will become normal after quite some time.By research and experience, the following diseases are observed to be cured with this therapy within the indicated days as below:

Constipation

:

1 day

Acidity

:

2 days

Diabetes

:

7 days

Cancer

:

4 weeks

Pulmonary TB

:

3 months

BP & Hypertension

:

4 weeksNOTE:It is advised that persons suffering from Arthritis or Rheumatism should practice this therapy thrice a day i.e. morning, mid day and night, 1 hour before breakfast, lunch and dinner for one week and twice a day subsequently until the disease disappears.

HOW DOES PURE WATER ACT ?Consuming ordinary drinking water by the right method purifies human body.It renders the colon more effective by forming new fresh blood, known in medical terms as Haematopaises.That the mucousal folds of the colon and intestines are activated by this method, is an undisputed fact, just as the theory that new fresh blood is produced by the mucousal fold.If the colon is cleansed then the nutrients of the food taken several times a day will be absorbed and by the action of the mucousal folds they are turned into fresh blood.The blood is all-important in curing ailments and restoring health and for this water should be consumed in a regular pattern.LIFE IS SHORT &

INVALUABLE, JUST GO FOR IT. Wishing you A Healthy Life!

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvguruvayur Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 9:51:05 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine

Dear all,Radhe Krishna!It is not at all difficult to trace out the daily routine (Nithya-karmas) of a Hindu. Most of our people must have gone to Sabarimala. What are the rituals followed during the 41 days of Vratham ? I used to ask many people, "if you can follow all these rules for fortyone days, why cant you do it for 365 days ?" At this, many people just take it as a joke, laugh and walk away. The Vratham rules for Sabarimala are quite stringent, and during my boyhood days, I remember people used to say with fear and devotion, "if we dont follow the rules correctly, some wild animal will catch us." Now there are no wild animals and hence people dont observe stringent rules at all, let alone 41 days-- they get initiated with Mala the previous day and push off in a vehicle.and are back in 3 days time. Life has become

fast.First thing, as soon as we get up, (preferably before sunrise) look at the right palm as Sindu has written, because it is believed that Goddesses Lakshmi, Saraswati and Parvathi have their abode on the palm. One should remember that there is a deity looking after each organ of ours, and that is an additional reason why we should not do any bad things. When any of the organs get afflicted with sickness, take medicine as prescribed by the doctor and also pray to the deity concerned to help rapid cure. (As Guruvayoorappan is the Supreme God of all those deities, one can pray repeatedly to Lord Guruvayoorappan to take care of our health, and He will take care of us.) Also it is a matter to be remembered that the Goddesses have their abodes in our hand and we should not misuse that hand for bad actions! (right as well as left)Before putting one's foot on the ground, one

can touch the mother earth, the floor under you with the right hand and apply to the eyes, reciting the stotra, "samudra Vasane Devi, Parvatha-sthana mandithe, Vishnu-pathni namasthubhyam, padasparsam kshamaswa mey", requesting mother earth to pardon us for treading on Her.. Then go to the Pooja room or any picture of any God, one's Ishta-deivatham, and pay respects and pray at least for a few seconds. After that, wash the legs up to the knees, hands up to the elbow, clean the teeth, etc., and if one wants coffee or something, have it, and comed back, apply a little Bhasmam on the forehead, prostrate before the God and if one has the time, the Prathah-smarana stotrams can be recited. It is not absolutely necessary that one should have his bath before praying-- if the body and mind are otherwise clean, go ahead and recite with Bhakti, the prathah-smarana manthras .Prathah-smarana

manthras (with instructions. )1. Braahme muhurthe prabodhah karthavyah (One should get up during the Braahma Muhurta which is 1-1/2 hours prior to sunrise.)2. Braahme Muhurthe utthaaya chinthayeth atmano hitham. Gurum Vishnum namaskrithya, matharam pitharam thadha. (After getting up during the Braahma muhurtha, one should contemplate upon what is good for him for that day, then offer prostrations to Guru, Lord Vishnu, mother and father.) 3. Braahme muhurthe Devanam Pithruunam cha samagamah. Jagarah thathra karthavyah Pithrusammananam hi thath. (It is duriing the Brahma Muhurtha that the pithrus and Gods will visit us. One should be awake during that time as a mark of respect to the Gods and fore-fathers. ) After washing feet, hands, face, etc., and wearing the Bhasma or Chandanam on the forehead, one should recite the following:a) Kausalya-supraja Raama,

poorva sandhya pravarthathe.Utthishta Nara-sardoola, karthavyam deivam ahnikam.b)Utthishtotthishta Govinda, Utthishta Garuda-dhwajaUtthishta Kamala-kantha, thrylokyam mangalam kuru.c)Utthishtotthishta Viswesa, utthishta Vrishabha-dhwajaUtthishta Girija-kantha, thrylokyam mangalam kuru.d)Vakra-thunda Maha-kaya koti-surya sama-prabhaNirvighnam kuru mey deva, sarva-karyeshu Sarvada.e) Sarada Saradambhoja -vadana vadanambujeSarvada, sarvada-asmakam sannidhim sannidhim kriyath.f)Gurur-brahma Gurur-vishnuh Gurur-devo MaheswarahGuruh sakshat param Brahma thasmei Sri Gurave namsh.g)Yah Sivo namaroopabhyam ya davee sarva-mangalaThayoh samsmaranath pumsam sarvatho jaya-mangalam.h)Lakshmee-nivasa niravadya-guneika- sindhoSamsara-sagara- samuttharaneika sethoVedantha-vedya- nija-vaibhava- bhaktha-bhogyaSree Venkatachalapathe- thava suprabhatham.i)

Kani-kanunneram Kamalanethrante niramerum manja-thukil- charthee.Kanaka-kinkini- valakal mothiram aninju-kanenam Bhagavaney-- etc.j) Brahmaa-muraris- thripuraanthakas chaBhanuh sasee bhoomisutho budhaschaGuruscha sukrah sani-rahu-kethavahKurvanthu sarve Mama suprabhatamk)Bhrigur-vasishtah Krathur-angiraaschaManuh Pulasthyah Pulahascha GouthamahDalbhyo Mareechih Chyavano-adha DakshahKurvanthu Sarve mama suprabhatham.l) Sanath-kumaarascha sanandanaschaSanaathano-apyasuri -simhakou chaSapthah-swarah saptha-rasathalaniKurvanthu sarve mama suprabhatham.m)Saptha-arnavah saptha-kulachalasch aSaptharshayo dweepa-vanaani sapthaBhooradi-koormo Bhuvanani sapthaKurvanthu sarve mama suprabhatham.n)Prithwee sagandha sarasah-thatapahSparso cha vayur-jwalitham cha thejahNabhah sa-sabdam mahatha saheivaKurvanthu sarve mama

suprabhatham.o) Prahlada-narada- parasara- pundhareekaVyasa-ambareesha- suka-sounaka- bheeshma- dalbhyanRugmangada-arjuna- vibheeshana- aadeenPunyan-iman parama-bhagavathan smarami.p)Punya-sloko Nalo-raja, punya-sloko yudhishtirahPunyasloka cha Vaidehee Punyasloko Janrdanah.q) Brahmanam Sankaram Vishnum Yamam Ramam Danum BalimSaptha-ethan smareth nithyam Mahapathaka- nasanam.r)Ahalya Droupadee Seetha Thara Mandodaree thathaPancha-kanyah smareth nithyam mahapathaka- nasanam.s)Kaarkodakasya Nagasya Damayanthyah Nalasya chaRithuparnasya rajarsheh keerthanam kali-naasanam.t) Praathah prabhruthi saayantham saayaadi-praathar- anthathahYat-karomi Jagannadha thad-asthu thava poojanam.u) Phala-sruthiIttham prabhaathe paramam pavithramPateth smareth va srinuvascha thadvatDus-swapna-nasas- thwiha suprabhaathamBhavet-cha nithyam

Bhagavat-prasadath.Further, there are individual Prathah-smarana- sthothras for each God. These may be given if somebody wants them.People wearing the sacred thread should perform the Sandhya-vandanam during the right time, half hour plus or minus sandhya time. There is no need of taking bath before performing sandhyavandanam- -preferably if bath can be taken before that is ideal-- the fact is that the timing is important, whether it is the morning, afternoon (at mid-day) or the evening. Body and mind should be pure.On Pradosham days, during the timing of Pradosham (Between 5 p.m and 6.30 p.m., only Lord Siva and Sakthi should be worshipped. Everyday, during the sandhya time, only prayer should be perfotmed and nothing else. We will remember that Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakasipu came into being on Diti's insistence to Kasyapa, her husband that she must have sex during that time, in

spite of Kasyapa's advice to her.If anyone wants further clarifications, I shall write whatever I know.Regards to all,KVG.4. Pravin balan wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Sindu,

There is a malayalam book called Krishnarpanam written by Shri. Gopalakrishnan Elampulakad. The cover picture is of Krishna with a flute in his hand. This book has plenty of intruction as to what a Hindu should do and not do. It cost about Rs 50.00. You should be able to get this from the book shops near Guruvayoor. I got mine from a shop near Kadampuzha Keshtram.

Pravin

Sunil Menon <menon_sunil@ > wrote:

Dear Sindu,Good information Sindu. I agree with you that many of us starters require plain & simpleinstructions rather than difficult discourses to start practicing thereligion. However, to be frank, I never heard half of these things yourmentioned. I think the reason is simple - Hinduism is a vast ocean ofknowledge. As an ocean,it has different shores, islands and colors.So, there is no standard across India to conclude this is what we needto do to be a Hindu. But that - the openess - is the most important aspect and beauty ofour Hinduism. It is a non restrictive religion unlike most of theAbrahamic religions where you are confined to certain practices & rituals to be included in that religion.But to make it simple & easy for starters, let us say we need somekind of tutorial to start that journey towards advanced learning ofscriptures. So, I think it is a

good start.Please share more info.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ ...>wrote:>> namaste.> > in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh, smt. saroja andsri. krishna, i was looking for a more down-to-earth information like(forgive me and correct me if i am wrong):> > 1.> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48 minutes beforesunrise:> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by right hand.> > 2.> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east chanting 'govinda,govinda' and remember mother, father and guru.> > 3.> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the fingertips, saraswathi atthe centre of the plams and parvathy at the lower part of the

palmreciting:> > karagravasathey lakshmi> karamadhye saraswathi> karamoole sthita gowri> prabhathey kara darshanam> > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:> > samudra vasaney devi> parvatha sthana mandaley> vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > and place both hands on the head.> > ------------> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k. aravindakshan.> ------------> > more practices will follow once your input is received.> > with best wishes> sindu baby> > > > > > > > > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh@ ...>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52

AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine> > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A Hindu issomebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In Sanatana Dharma itself thereare various sects and groups that suggest different ways of selfrealization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs, the ultimate aimis self realization.> > For self realization, there is only one real way - the way ofSADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual practices does not have anyrelation with wearing Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the self.> > There are a number of spiritual practices that helps one to lead ahappy life. Some are the Art of Living of His Holiness Sri SriRavishankarji, Self realization foundation of Sri Sri ParamhansaYogananda, Transcendental Meditation of

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and manylike that. One seeking the ultimate abode of the supreme soul canalways take a single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practicewill definitely guide one to the goal.> > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the presence of a livingguru. One seeker's like gets a direction when he reaches a Guru. Aguru is inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe that, evenArjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita when he accepted Hari as theguru. In our scriptures it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshtogether. Guru is "bindu-nAda- kalAtItA" , above the three aspects ofOM-kara.> > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put in practice byChaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG - Singing, Dancing and being

incommunion with the God within.> > Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need. Look at any ofthe living masters. They all do that. SEVA. Helping the needy, withoutexpecting anything.> > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the ultimate knowledgeof Bhagavad Gita. > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading the stories inreligious books will not alone help. We got the human life for acause. Finding that cause and reaching the self should be the goal inone's life.> > Love and Regards> Suresh Nair > - > Sunil Menon > guruvayur@grou ps.com > Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily routine> > > Good question Sindu. > > For many youngsters and people living away from home, this

comes up as> a constant question. > > Before putting out my personal version - that has derived from my> parents, community and my own readings - I would love to hear from> our scholarly members and other senior members.> > PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term basis. > > Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to do> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of these> are biased or promoting some political ideology along with the> religious teaching. > > So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like to hear from> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or from heart.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ ....>> wrote:> >> > namaskaram:>

> > > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should he/she> recite when they wake up? in what direction should they stand/sit?> what should be the body posture? i understand there are recitations> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,. > can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > > > thank you, in advance, for your help..> > > > namaskaram> > sindu kaipuzha> > > > > > > > > > > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archiveonline at http://in.messenger ./ webmessengerprom o.php>

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Guest guest

namaste:

the data i have is:

avam thekkottu.

aruthey padinjottu.

varjyam vadakkottu.

uthamam kizhakkottu.

namaste.

sindu

Epics 07 <epics07guruvayur Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 4:15:09 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine

Question to you sindu and others in the group...Where we should place our head while sleeping. Head placed at east facing west or placed at west facing east. I heard this saying."aruthe thekku....." please explain. Thanks

On 10/10/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ > wrote:

Very informative. thanks. Looking forward for similarmails.

--- sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ .co. in> wrote:> namaste.> > in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri. suresh,> smt. saroja and sri. krishna, i was looking for a> more down-to-earth information like (forgive me and> correct me if i am wrong):> > 1.> when you wake up in the morning, which should be 48> minutes before sunrise:> write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by> right hand.> > 2.> turn to righthand side and sit up facing east> chanting 'govinda, govinda' and remember mother,> father and guru.> > 3.> join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the> fingertips, saraswathi at the centre of the plams> and parvathy at the lower part of the palm

reciting:> > karagravasathey lakshmi> karamadhye saraswathi> karamoole sthita gowri> prabhathey kara darshanam> > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:> > samudra vasaney devi> parvatha sthana mandaley> vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > and place both hands on the head.> > ------------> courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k.> aravindakshan.> ------------> > more practices will follow once your input is> received.> > with best wishes> sindu baby> > > > > > > > > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion. A> Hindu is somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In> Sanatana Dharma itself there are various sects and> groups that suggest different ways of self> realization. Irrespective of the sects and beliefs,> the ultimate aim is self realization.> > For self realization, there is only one real way -> the way of SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual> practices does not have any relation with wearing> Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.> Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing the> self.> > There are a number of spiritual practices that helps> one to lead a happy life.

Some are the Art of Living> of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji, Self> realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa> Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi> Mahesh Yogi and many like that. One seeking the> ultimate abode of the supreme soul can always take a> single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular practice> will definitely guide one to the goal.> > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the> presence of a living guru. One seeker's like gets a> direction when he reaches a Guru. A guru is> inevitable in the path of self realization. Observe> that, even Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of Gita> when he accepted Hari as the guru. In our scriptures> it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,> orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma,> Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is "bindu-nAda-> kalAtItA" , above

the three aspects of OM-kara.> > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put> in practice by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is SATSANG> - Singing, Dancing and being in communion with the> God within.> > Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in need.> Look at any of the living masters. They all do that.> SEVA. Helping the needy, without expecting anything.> > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the> ultimate knowledge of Bhagavad Gita. > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading> the stories in religious books will not alone help.> We got the human life for a cause. Finding that> cause and reaching the self should be the goal in> one's life.> > Love and Regards> Suresh Nair > - >

Sunil Menon > guruvayur@grou ps.com > Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:22 AM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > > Good question Sindu. > > For many youngsters and people living away from> home, this comes up as> a constant question. > > Before putting out my personal version - that has> derived from my> parents, community and my own readings - I would> love to hear from> our scholarly members and other senior members.> > PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily> and long term basis. > > Many Internet sites provide their own version of> what you need to do> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt> that many of these> are biased or promoting some political

ideology> along with the> religious teaching. > > So, before anyone quote from other websites, I like> to hear from> someone who can answer it from our scriptures or> from heart.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, sindu kaipuzha> <sindukaipuzha@ ...>> wrote:> >> > namaskaram:> > > > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine.> what should he/she> recite when they wake up? in what direction should> they stand/sit?> what should be the body posture? i understand there> are recitations> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go> to work etc.,. > can anybody in this group elaborate on this?> > > > thank you, in advance, for your

help..> > > > namaskaram> > sindu kaipuzha> > > > > > > > > > > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your> message archive online athttp://in.messenger ./ webmessengerprom o.php____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. http://mobile. / mobileweb/ onesearch? refer=1ONXIC

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required.

Guest guest

I have read somewhere else also that we get human life

for a purpose and we should strive to achieve what we

are born for. But how to find out the purpose in life?

Please enlighten.

Jai Sree Krishna

--- Suresh Nair <aol.suresh wrote:

> Om Namo Narayanaya!

>

>

> self.

>

>

> Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is

> " bindu-nAda-kalAtItA " , above the three aspects of

> OM-kara.

>

>

> God within.

>

>

>

> one's life.

>

> Love and Regards

> Suresh Nair

>

--

>

>

> -

> Sunil Menon

> guruvayur

> routine

>

>

> Good question Sindu.

>

> home, this comes up as

> a constant question.

>

> derived from my

> love to hear from

>

> and long term basis.

>

> what you need to do

> that many of these

> along with the

> religious teaching.

>

> So, before anyone quote from other websites, I

> like to hear from

> from heart.

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

> guruvayur , sindu kaipuzha

> <sindukaipuzha

> wrote:

> >

> > namaskaram:

> >

> what should he/she

> they stand/sit?

> what should be the body posture? i understand

> there are recitations

> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food,

> go to work etc.,.

> >

> >

> > namaskaram

> > sindu kaipuzha

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Sunil/ Sindu

I am neither a scholar nor an authority on religion. But I beleive in

God and am interested in Hinduism. The following article by Dr

Morales is interesting and appeares to be an unbiased view.

Chirattapuram

Who is a Hindu?

From Dr. Frank Morales

When the question of who is a Hindu is discussed today, we get a

multitude of confused and contradictory answers from both Hindu

laypersons and from Hindu leaders. That we have such a difficult time

understanding the answer to even so fundamental a question as " who is

a Hindu? " is a starkly sad indicator of the lack of knowledge in the

Hindu community today.

Common Answers

Some of the more simplistic answers to this question include: Anyone

born in India is automatically a Hindu (the ethnicity fallacy), if

your parents are Hindu, then you are Hindu (the familial argument),

if you are born into a certain caste, then you are Hindu (the genetic

inheritance model), if you believe in reincarnation, then you are

Hindu (forgetting that many non-Hindu religions share at least some

of the beliefs of Hinduism), if you practice any religion originating

from India, then you are a Hindu (the national origin fallacy).

The Real Answer

The real answer to this question has already been conclusively

answered by the ancient sages of Hinduism, and is actually much

simpler to ascertain than we would guess. The two primary factors

that distinguish the individual uniqueness of the great world

religious traditions are a) the scriptural authority upon which the

tradition is based, and b) the fundamental religious tenet(s) that it

espouses. If we ask the question what is a Jew?, for example, the

answer is: someone who accepts the Torah as their scriptural guide

and believes in the monotheistic concept of God espoused in these

scriptures. What is a Christian? - a person who accepts the Gospels

as their scriptural guide and believes that Jesus is the incarnate

God who died for their sins. What is a Muslim? - someone who accepts

the Qur'an as their scriptural guide, and believes that there is no

God but Allah, and that Mohammed is his prophet.

Scriptural Authority

In general, what determines whether a person is a follower of any

particular religion is whether or not they accept, and attempt to

live by, the scriptural authority of that religion. This is no less

true of Hinduism than it is of any other religion on earth. Thus, the

question of what is a Hindu is similarly very easily answered.

The Definition

By definition, a Hindu is an individual who accepts as authoritative

the religious guidance of the Vedic scriptures, and who strives to

live in accordance with Dharma, God's divine laws as revealed in the

Vedic scriptures.

Only If You Accept the Vedas

In keeping with this standard definition, all of the Hindu thinkers

of the six traditional schools of Hindu philosophy (Shad-darshanas)

insisted on the acceptance of the scriptural authority of the Vedas

(shabda-pramana) as the primary criterion for distinguishing a Hindu

from a non-Hindu, as well as distinguishing overtly Hindu

philosophical positions from non-Hindu ones. It has been the

historically accepted standard that, if you accept the Vedas (and by

extension Bhagavad Gita, Puranas, etc.) as your scriptural authority,

and lived your life in accordance with the Dharmic principles of the

Vedas, you are then a Hindu. Thus, an Indian who rejects the Veda is

obviously not a Hindu. While an American, Russian, Indonesian or

Indian who does accept the Veda obviously is a Hindu.

Narayana !

guruvayur , " Sunil Menon " <menon_sunil

wrote:

>

> Good question Sindu.

>

> For many youngsters and people living away from home, this comes up

as

> a constant question.

>

>

> PLEASE answer what we need to be a Hindu on daily and long term

basis.

>

> Many Internet sites provide their own version of what you need to do

> to be a Hindu. After reading some of them, I felt that many of these

> religious teaching.

>

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

>

>

>

> guruvayur , sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@>

> wrote:

> >

> > namaskaram:

> >

> > i need a tutorial about a hindu's daily routine. what should

he/she

> before you brush your teeth, take bath, eat food, go to work etc.,.

> >

> >

> > namaskaram

> > sindu kaipuzha

> >

> >

> >

>