IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Forum is for Krishna-Bhakti

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sree Krishna and all Vaishnavas !

In Krishna-bhakti , the focus is on Bhagavan Sri Krishna . God is one . But, He has different forms . God's purest form ( Sattvic) is Sree Krishna . This is the reason behind , Satguru Srila Prabhupada's insistence to worship Sree Krishna . A Krishna-bhakta could advance in his spirituality only if he is rightly focused .

In `Sanatana Dharma' , one has the freedom to choose a Deity according to his taste . There are many options available like Krishna , Durga, Siva , etc . Even Durga has different forms like Kali , Mahalakshmi, Sarasvathi , etc .

This unlimited religious freedom , has caused many conflicts between different spiritual paths . For example, the prolonged fight between Saivites and Vaishnavites . Seeing the difficulties of His Bhaktas , Bhagavan Krishna Himself intervened time and again through divinities like Ramanuja, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Melpathur Narayana Bhattathiri, Srila Prabhupada , etc . Even today , this intervention is continuing . Krishna's Bhaktas are His instruments ; and Bhagavan uses them to guide other Bhaktas .

If we mix-up Krishna-Bhakti with the philosophies and worship of Demi-Gods , it will cause utter confusion. This age " Kali-Yuga " is the period of confusion . There are conflicting views even in Puranas . "Narayaneeeyam " reveals this truth in verse 90.9-10 :

" In order to please the Siva-Bhakta rulers of that age , Sage Vyasa did certain adjustments in certain puranas like Skanta-purana . Exaggerate the reality, talk about the possibilities , contradict the reality , etc are certain techniques used there for entertainment " .

In order to avoid this confusion , great Acharyas like Srila Prabhupada clearly advised Krishna-Bhaktas to follow Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatham ; and not the other contradictory Puranas .

A true personal experience

My aunty ( Father's elder sister) was a long-term Krishna-bhakta . She used to worship Krishna with great dedication . Sometimes back, she started worshipping Durga because the temple near to her new house is a Durga temple . It was just a matter of convenience . However, one night Bhagavan Krishna appeared in her dream and said " Now , you have left me and taken to the worship of Durga . For sure, you will realize the difference in due course " .

Unlike the other Demi-Gods, Krishna doesn't punish His Bhaktas for such mistakes . He only tries to guide them in the proper direction .

Bhagavan Krishna says in Gita ( 18.65-66) :

" Fix your mind on Me, become My devotee, offer service to Me, bow down to Me, and you shall certainly reach Me. I promise you because you are My very dear friend. Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me completely with faith and devotion. I shall liberate you from all sinful reactions. Do not grieve".

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

-----------------------

, Stephen Silberman <srs8 wrote:>> > Fellow readers.> I was giving some thought to the recent discussion about weather or not this website should be open to other types of bhaktas, more specifically demigod bhaktas. The moderator indicated that in Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krsna states that he makes the faith of such worshipers strong. As a result, the moderator believes that allowing other bhaktas than Krsna bhaktas to speak in this group is okay. I would like to point out some philosophical issues. Our Srila Prabhupada says that Lord Siva smokes ganja but if someone imitates he will suffer as a result. Prabhupada says that smoking ganja is asking death to come close. Prabhupada recommended that we not imitate Lord Siva. Therefore, for Krsna Bhaktas there should be no intoxication. Might it be imitation to think that because Krsna can allow some of his living entities to worship demigods and further more, because Krsna makes their faith strong, we should allow non Vaisnava discussions at this website. The result will make us advance. Is this the correct mentality or is it imitation of Krsna? Krsna is pure and prophylactic and can not be contaminated by bad association. Depending upon the level of one's advancement, bad association should be avoided. In the case of Lord Chaitanya, He listen to the Bhattacarya for many days. But in the end, the Bhattacarya became his devotee. Imitation can be dangerous. The moderator believes that this type of discussion is good and develops one's Krsna Consciousness. Others disagree. Perhaps the moderator is sufficiently advanced and can transform such people by allowing them to participate. I personally think that such discussions are disturbing. Additionally, I think that solicitation of Krsna Bhaktas to diviate from the path of Krsna Bhakta is not desirable. Archana has made many valid points and I agree. However, some Krsna Bhaktas, like the moderator, believe that it can stimulate either debate or advancement. That may be for him. Perhaps he is very advanced. Srila Prabhupada's spiritual master, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta use to chase the mayavadis with his danda and threaten to hit them. I am curious to hear what others think about this issue. Hence I write. Syamakunda Das> _______________> Learn. Laugh. Share. Reallivemoms is right place!> http://www.reallivemoms.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM & loc=us>