IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Veg Vs. Non-Veg (From a non-vegetarian's point of view)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

NaMASTE

Good arguments from both ends. But Remember without plants no one can survive. Animals have nervous system that makes them to move aways or show pain when you try to hurt it or kill it. Try for plants and you won't see it and I have not see it anyways. I understand your argument of eating animal as last mode of survival, but NOT AS necessaray in my view in this modern convenient world. People who likes to eat find any argument to eat it as its their part of religion or customs. Jokingly Iasked in my American freinds in my office why not eat dogs cats as they have meats too? They found it appaling and understood my point of view. Those who argue for protein needs should understanbd that most of us do not even do ardous phyiscal work that was the norm in the olden days or some kid of sports training or jobs involving physical which can justify meat consumption, i feel do not need of protein from

animal source at all

When few of my American and other European freinds who are affiliated to ISKCON are Pure Vegetarians after embarassing part of Krishna Culure that I have seen , Why its so difficult for our Hindu freinds to change their habits to achieve Sadhana or Spiritual uplifting which is VERY easy to at modern times like now which has so much choices. If they do not want to be vegetarians, they always bring argument which suits thier mindsets in my view. Biggest Animals on the earth Elephant is vegetarian and so is Rhino and so were biggest dinosaurs.

Of course 99% people do eat meat. Remember as with anything, not all 99% people are CEO's or Spiritual leaders or sasdhana achievers. I found it to be happy being minority as they say you have to be weird to be suceessful in any field.

My 3 cents

Thanks

Prasanna --- On Fri, 12/11/09, rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14 wrote:

rajarshi nandy <rajarshi14Re: Re: Veg Vs. Non-Veg (From a non-vegetarian's point of view) Date: Friday, December 11, 2009, 9:07 AM

Dear Utpal,

I slightly disagree with your below mail. Without offence, let me state a few counter point for the sake of a discussion from a non-vegetarian' s point of view. You said:

¡§I don¡¦t wish to stuff my stomach with the body parts of killedcreature. Would never think of troubling any leaving creature whenmother-nature has provided enough alternate food.

Even plants are living. The air we breath is living (organisms). Death is part and parcel of natural law. One cannot avoid it however much one tries. The Abrahamic religions are heavy on non-veg food. The areas where they grew, arid, desert land, you need to have (at least during those days) animal flesh to survive specially considreing irrigation options were so scanty. If you live in the Artic region, you need to have fish oil to survive the cold. The point is, death is a part of life. One does not survive without death. That is how the world has been designed by the grand designer.

What right I have, to snatch away even a single life inthe universe for my selfish reasons. I consider that as very verycruel and that is the personal thinking why I am a vegetarian and notstrictly due to any religious or cultural reason¡¨

What harm have plants done? Why not the same kind of feeling when it comes to plant life? They too are living beings, just like anything else!

What you consider selfish maybe a law of nature.

Please understand I am not advocating non-vegetarianism. But if someone is to do serious sadhana, no doubt vegetarian food is best. Otherwise, I am not sure if it makes in any difference at all.

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Fri, 11/12/09, vedic_pathak <vedic_pathak@ > wrote:

vedic_pathak <vedic_pathak@ > Re: Veg Vs. Non-VegFriday, 11 December, 2009, 7:36 PM

Namasrte SriRam,

Long back, i had posted the below message on this list.I've put my argument in the message in which i firmly belive.Its possible this may change the mind of your friend.

http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom/message/ 411

The exact Argument is given again as under which is the extract from the above message:[i couldn¡¦t hold back myself and honestly explained myconclusive view point on the whole subject as follow¡§I don¡¦t wish to stuff my stomach with the body parts of killedcreature. Would never think of troubling any leaving creature whenmother-nature has provided enough alternate food. Just for the sakeof filling my stomach or satisfying cravings of my tongue, I won¡¦t beresponsible for killing innocent birds, animals, fishes directly orindirectly. What right I have, to snatch away even a single life inthe universe for my selfish reasons. I consider that as very verycruel and that is the personal thinking why I am a vegetarian and notstrictly due to any religious or cultural reason¡¨]

Even if Shri Krishna has not mentioned a direct wording of Non-vegetarian food in Geeta, it is not right to take that excuse for slottering creatures.

I ask any body to think for him/her self in the light of what is right and what is not...

Best Regards,

Utpal

, Astro Seeker <astro.seeker@ ...> wrote:>> Namaste,> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I am a firm believer of Veg being satwik food and consider non-veg as hurdle to spiritual growth. But, a friend of mine who otherwise is trying to make some spiritual progress, is a non-vegetatian. In our arguments over non-veg food, he has put a counter argument. He says that if I can find him a single shloka on this in Bhagwat Geeta, he would give up. > So, if anybody on this group can help me find the quote, it would be great. He considers Geeta as the absolute reference and believes if Lord Krishna has not spoken about it in Geeta, it is actually not worth discussing whether or not you take non-veg. If anyone finds it, le me know so that 1 guy on this earth can become

vegetarian.> He also quotes Sai Baba, Jesus and Mohammed Prophet adhering to non-veg. If any of you know the counter argument, please help.> Best Regards,Sriram> > > The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/>

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.