IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Thanks JNdas

Rate this topic

Yes, indeed. Thank you both for being part of my life - the only part that really matters in this desert of darkness out here in the wilderness. Whatever my motivation, this is where I've lived since I returned home too many years ago.

Does anyone know of any other gentle places like this on the net where people don't bicker all day and night. I'm looking for a new home. Maybe we can convince JNdas to join us there for some Hari Katha.

Respected Members and JND Ji,

First of all I would like to thank JND Ji for providing this platform for spiritual discussions. I am blessed to be here and read about various paths and practices within Hinduism. I would also thank senior members, members and anyone that directly or indirectly made my understanding about religion clear. I shall never forget all these good memories. Thank you all once again. Namaste.

Thank You, Janhava Nitai Prabhu, for these forums. It is your generosity that gave me valuable association of all these wonderful souls including you, who have been my Gurus. I have learnt a lot and had a wonderful short time here.

Hope to read more nectar on your sites and wish you all the best with the Children's Programs, Akshay Patra and any projects.

Please bless me so the Lord will stay in my heart always.

Smaranam

Thanks to you as well. You were there from day one and have participated more than anyone else.

Yes a long time. It was much more fun for me in the beginning days when the place was filled mostly with frustrated ex-iskconites. The debates with Narayan Maharajas students was very stimulating.

Many of those many posts of mine I would take back if possible. So much nonsense talk I have typed. Sorry about that but that's what happens when you open the door to the public.;)

May Krishna continue to bless you abundantly in all your endeavors JNdas.

It has been a great time, many great friends Ive met here that Ill never forgrt (except maybe at the time of death). You all have made me a better person.

Elsewhere? Dont send em yer e-mail.

There were real classic discussions here, very entertaining to say the least. Wish we hada little more time, but thats what we all say when its all over. Turn out the lights.

mahaksadasa

PS To sad lone wolf, gHari, theist, bija, too many righteous folks to properly give credit to, I roll in the broken glass hoping for yer mercy. And Im not sorry for offending anyone, Im only sorry youre so durn sensitive. Ill end in a way youll never forget, walkin like an egyptian:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would just like to add one name to the list, that is Jaya Radhe Dasi, who passed away in the first few years of the forum. I think all the old timers know her. A very nice devotee and disciple of Prabhupada.

Yes indeed. She was always a bright spot, very intelligent devotee and always had a sweet disposition towards all. She is no doubt in a very good place chanting Hare Krishna and worshipping her deity Kanea.

The end of an era, I suppose. Many of us were participating on the old VNN forums during the 90's before AF came along. Heck, I remember gHari from SRV, so I imagine some of us will be going through some withdrawal pangs after 13 years or so on discussion forums. But, time marches on. Most of the issues have been hashed out thoroughly and then some. I was even tempted to start one last thread on jiva tattva just for kicks. :) But I imagine one of the stealthy moderators would have slammed the door shut on that rather quickly.

Well, my dandavats to my godsister Sri Jaya Radhe Dasi, who left us way too soon. She had a heart of gold and loved Srila Prabhupada dearly. As did my godbrother Sriman Puru prabhu. I had always felt that after he left, something in the forums died as well. But then, that's just my own personal sentiment.

And farewell to all the devotees who seemed to just quietly vanish into the ether, such as Living Entity, Beggar, Audarya Lila, and so many others.

Namaste and Hare Krsna!

Vedesu, were you also Vedesu on SRV? That was where Gary became gHari one day - sort of a self-initiation ceremony to curb my envy of all the beautiful spiritual names the devotees had.

I also remember that when Agrahya das closed up the SRV, many of us went to VNN. Then after a few years, that died too, and Jahnava-Nitai das became our munificent shelter.

Maybe now we're ready to talk to real people, in real life. T r e m b l e.

A father and mother approached me at Ratha Yatra weeks ago because their eleven year old daughter wanted to ask me about why I chant all the time. I felt a little self-conscious and looked around for a priest, but then decided to bear the possible criticisms around me and tell the girl the truth from my heart. Surely all the years here and there on the net helped me offer the young lady the best assistance I could. I didn't do too bad. Her eyes lit up when I said Hare Krsna meant "Please Radha, help me serve Krsna". It was meant to be.

Yesterday, my first thought was "What will I do"? This is my life. This was my life. Real people are scary, but soon I won't need to work so I won't have to care about public opinion - then I'll be in the park every day. See you there.

gHari

Nice story, gHari. These forums have served many purposes, not the least of which is to hopefully give us some training so that we can better speak the philosophy in "real life." Many of us have been isolated for one reason or another and the forums truly did provide a sense of fellowship, even if there was a lot of bickering going on at times.

No, I wasn't Vedesu on SRV. But I liked his style. And I saw that whoever he was, he wasn't using that handle over here on AF, so I thought I would grab it up. My wild guess was that Krparama prabhu (owner of VNN) was Vedesu. I couldn't imagine him hosting those forums and not participating, but of course, I could be wrong.

You betcha, I hope to join you in the park someday! Let's keep the dream alive. :)

Maybe now we're ready to talk to real people, in real life. T r e m b l e.

I've been wanting to print up some basic 'we are not these bodies' flyers and pass them out at UC Berkeley campus. It's only 4 blocks away but am nervous about it. Never used to be like this. I finished high school sporting a shaved head and sikha.

I've become a cyber isolated character hiding behind the face of Alfred E. I have almost forgotten what it is like to look into someone's eyes while talking to them. Almost.

You are right gHari. We need to maintain some human balance.

I joined in here just a couple of months ago, am grateful I could be part of discussions. As they say, we are all travellers in life and we move on.

I hope you have a beautiful time filled with love towards Supreme Hari

Dhanyavaad to all Bhakts,

Hari Om

I have been a member here only for the last 3 months. However I have been using this as a source of information on Hinduism for a long time.

The closure of this forum is a loss to Hinduism. Unfortunately we do not have any Hindu public trust doing this kind of service.

This forum will be missed.

I am grateful to Jahnava Nitai Das for this yeomen service to Hinduism.

Thank you and GOD Bless You.

When you speak of chanting in the park gHari, I thought you might like this:

Ki Jai! Let it happen!

I see me starting with japa beads under a tree, becoming an accepted fixture in the park. Then after a month or so the drum would come out and the singing would become a little louder. I see me travelling from village to village, park to park. No big sales pitch for money or converts, just some sweet chanting to turn some hearts.

We aren't crazy folk - I want them to see that.

We are so very fortunate.

I have been a member here only for the last 3 months. However I have been using this as a source of information on Hinduism for a long time.

The closure of this forum is a loss to Hinduism. Unfortunately we do not have any Hindu public trust doing this kind of service.

This forum will be missed.

I am grateful to Jahnava Nitai Das for this yeomen service to Hinduism.

Thank you and GOD Bless You.

I ask forgiveness for those messages.

Im sorry

really only my ego was hurt you never answered them.

I ask forgiveness for those messages.

Im sorry

really only my ego was hurt you never answered them.

Absolutely no need. I do understand. I have gone through this stage earlier in my life.

Silence is Golden in many cases.

Even then I have also been guilty of these provocations.

Not good for a man waiting to die.

Jai MAA !!!

I haven't posted in quite some time due to my work responsibilities. I still check in now and then. I have always appreciated everyone here at Audarya. Special shout out to Theist, Ghari, Mahak, Audarya-Lila, Living Entity, Melvin, Stonehearted, Random Axis, Shvu, Tarun, Leyh, and many others. Oh and of course JNDas. We've had some good times. Please accept my apologies if over the years I have gotten into heated debates and offended anyone. Its been 10 good years with quite a few characters that have come through that time. I wish you all the best in your Krsna Conscious lives. Keep chanting. Haribol.