IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
soularalous

collaboration

Rate this topic

knowledgeable, educated and enthusiastic contributors to this forum: I must say WOW

you all seem exceptionally intelligent and enthusiastic, therefore I would like to pose you a personal question if I may . . .

I'm approaching a point in my spiritual endeavors comparable to electron orbital theory, as if just when I think I can predict the path, it shifts, when I look away or indirectly (through another's eyes for instance) experimental data indicates it resumes it's revealed course. I'm becomming frustrated!

My question is simply this: how can one go about making the transition from what appears to be maya diguised as guru/god to actually trusting that what is occuring is indeed divine directive? I am fully contending with a reality more and more geared toward convincing me I am approaching a stage where intuition should take precedence over most of all jnana I encounter and that perhaps I may be on to something new . . .

Any thoughts?

Yes, helplessness is a difficult feeling for those of us in matter who are here trying to be the absolute controller. It is confusing and frustrating.

You can't predict anything with any certainty. Well why do you think you should be able too? With all the factors that are outside of your influence (not control because you cannot control anything fully anyway).

You cannot quaruntee with certainty that you can cross a street without dying from some cause.

The only way to deal with this situation and retain (regain) sanity is to become humble before God and place all our trust in Him.

knowledgeable, educated and enthusiastic contributors to this forum: I must say WOW

you all seem exceptionally intelligent and enthusiastic, therefore I would like to pose you a personal question if I may . . .

I'm approaching a point in my spiritual endeavors comparable to electron orbital theory, as if just when I think I can predict the path, it shifts, when I look away or indirectly (through another's eyes for instance) experimental data indicates it resumes it's revealed course. I'm becomming frustrated!

My question is simply this: how can one go about making the transition from what appears to be maya diguised as guru/god to actually trusting that what is occuring is indeed divine directive? I am fully contending with a reality more and more geared toward convincing me I am approaching a stage where intuition should take precedence over most of all jnana I encounter and that perhaps I may be on to something new . . .

Any thoughts?

This is a very good question that I can relate to. I can remember when I was in college and I started off as a Biology major but in my spare time I was also reading all sorts of quantum physics books trying to figure out the answers to the universe. It almost drove me crazy trying to figure all that stuff out and what it means so that is when I abandoned science and started reading religion and philosophy because I was becoming really depressed. Now I have pretty much forgotten all the science I studied but I would recommend a path of moderation. If you are a science student there is no need to give that up just try to use it to serve God and don't take it too seriously.

There is no easy answer to the question however because it does seem that jnana is not fully satisfying. It sounds like you have a pretty good perspective though. Intuition is definetly important but if you are around really scientifically jnana oriented type people it is sometimes best to guard your intuition from them because they me be prone to dismissing it as irrational sentiment or something like that. It can be like walking through a mine field trying to figure all this stuff out at times.