IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
iloveamma

Parad Lingam- Percentage of Mercury??

Rate this topic

I just bought a Parad Shiva Lingam after painstaking research to find one that seemed authentic.

Do you think this is a good source from which to buy it?

I ask because in the "certificate of authenticity" it claims it is 70-75% mercury and that it will be empowered by a puja. Is this alright and proper per the Puranas???

Here is where I bought it...please tell me soon if you think this is ok, or if I should quickly cancel my order?

Parada Shiva Linga

If you click where it says See certificate example and conditions you can see more information.

Please please, advise. Thanks

In general I would be hesitant to use a Parada Shiva Linga, since it could lead to blood poisoning. There is supposed to be an ancient method by which the mercury becomes medicinal instead of poisonous, but I wouldn't take the chance, since most of these items are manufactured for sale (no ancient method is used).

If worshipping a Parada Shiva Linga, at least don't drink the abhisheka water.

Thanks.

No, I was definitely not going to drink it, that is for sure. It is only for worshipping...

Do you think that even if it was not made in a way that was described in the Puranas that it will still be effective if it is energized in a puja and it is worhsipped with sincere devotion?

Even a Clay i.e mitti shivlinga gives same results if worshiped with devotion!Important factor is Bhava here.

Do you think that even if it was not made in a way that was described in the Puranas that it will still be effective if it is energized in a puja and it is worhsipped with sincere devotion?

Thank you for the last response.

But if that were true, why does it indicate all over that some lingams produce more effects than others? It is said that the Parad Shiva Lingam produces millions of more power and strength than worshipping a stone one.

Is there any truth to this?

Also, what IS the correct worship of a lingam? What prayers should be recited for a proper puja? Where could someone find those?

Thanks again...

Thanks.

Bhakti is the most important aspect. Any stone when worshipped becomes a shivalinga. I have seen sadhus worshipping stones that no one would think is a shivalinga. By worship Shiva enters it and His presence is manifested.

The scriptures always speak about something being millions of times better than something else. It is kind of cryptic because you have to read through it. Millions of times better in what way? A car can drive millions of times better than a plane, but a plane isn't meant for driving, so the comparison is meaningless.

When they refer to "better" I assume that they refer to the amount of energy that is generated and clenased from you when you do the worship. I cannot imagine that it would mean anything else except referring to the amount of ENERGY and power that the worship results in...??