IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
jyotipethe

can i fast for my husband's ashtama shani?

Rate this topic

I am makara rashi (mithun lagna) 24/03/1979 Pune 12:00PM

Husband is Kumbha rashi 16/09/1978 Mumbai 11:20PM (born during chandra-grahan)

I am under ashtama shani. I did not know it, but was experiencing overall diffculties, hurdles, health issues. My ashtama shani ends Spetember. But my husband's starts.

I read that if I fast on Saturdays and chant shani stotra, we can reduce the effects of ashtama shani.

If I start fast this 25 Jul, first saturday of Shravan and continue for a long time. Will it be enough to reduce effects of ashtama shani for husband also? Becos he is not the type to go on fasts. He can perform some recommended puja every saturday while I fast.

Will it help?

Edited by jyotipethe

Namaskar,

As you said, you both are born with makar and kumbh rashi, whose rashi lord is saturn. Normally, it is believed that, saturn will not trouble much for those who has saturn as either lagna or rashi lord. However, trouble will be felt to some extent, if not to a great extent. As per the chart, yours look like a love marriage. Is it so? can you give your date of marriage?

Yes indeed, you can reduce the ill effects of saturn by pleasing him. Some of the ways to please him would be to fast on saturdays, listening or chanting vishnu sahasranam,if possible everyday or atleast on saturdays. If you are non vegetarian, atleast be vegetarian on saturdays.

with regards

tirulaxmi

-----

For confidential queries you can contact me at:

tirulaxmi@gmail.com

Yes, our's is a love marriage- 1 Dec 2002

I have heard that Saturn does not trouble Makar and Kumbha rashi much. In fact, the middle 2.5 years of my sade sati (1990-93) were best years for me. I excelled academically (i was in school) like i never did again. Of course, its my laziness to blame for later failures. But I had troubles during the last 2.5 years of ashtama shani. May be I had begun to take things for granted and Saturn wanted to me to wake up and smell the coffee :)

The question here is, if I fast, will it benefit my husband even if he does not fast? Because, I am worried about him having a hard time during his ashtama shani.

PS: We both are already vegeterian. We don't smoke or drink alcohol or gamble either.

I am sorry to come in the middle of such a wonderful discussion.

as far as my knowledge says

try to chant vishnu sahastranam if you cannot chant at least listen to it.

if possible try to chant "Om Pram Preem Prom Sah Shanay Namah" on saturdays.

now if live in north India try to go to shani temple in kosi atleast once do a parikarma bare foot and chant this mantra at the same time.

this should be benificial but lets see what other members says.

regards

Deepak

You are not coming in the middle. All opinions point-of-views are most welcome :)

We are not in north India, or anywhere India

We are currently in US. While we were visiting India, we had a bad rickshaw accident. (16 Jan 2009). Luckily nothing was fatal. But I assume that was because my ashtama shani. After tha accident, we are scared to go back to India

In our case, since we have consecutive rashis, as my ashtama shani ends, husband's starts. No breathing space. When one has a bad phase, the spouse also is affected. So together for us, this is 5 yrs of ashtama shani. And we will have 10 years of Sade sati :(

I am makara rashi (mithun lagna) 24/03/1979 Pune 12:00PM

Husband is Kumbha rashi 16/09/1978 Mumbai 11:20PM (born during chandra-grahan)

I am under ashtama shani. I did not know it, but was experiencing overall diffculties, hurdles, health issues. My ashtama shani ends Spetember. But my husband's starts.

I read that if I fast on Saturdays and chant shani stotra, we can reduce the effects of ashtama shani.

If I start fast this 25 Jul, first saturday of Shravan and continue for a long time. Will it be enough to reduce effects of ashtama shani for husband also? Becos he is not the type to go on fasts. He can perform some recommended puja every saturday while I fast.

Will it help?

You have wrote your time as 12 pm i.e. 24 hrs so date change to 25.

Am i right. Even if we take 24 hrs your lagna is not mithun but scorpio but rasi is Capricorn.

You can fast on behalf to your husband and also recitation of : Mahamritunjay Mantra on 5 mukhi rudraksha japa mala. and worship of lord hanuman ji.

Best remedies to pleasing Shani ji is to wear iron ring on the middle finger on Saturday.

Worship/recitation of shani stotrum is enough to propitiate lord Saturn .

Guest beauty

i am mesha lagna, meena rashi. My ashtama shani which is also my 1st saturn return will start this november. How can i save my love life(or in the mean time if i get married,then my marriage), my lover/husband nd my parents and sister. M very worried especialy about their life nd health.