IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
umashankar

gemstone recommendation procedure

Rate this topic

dear members,

i am trying to learn vedic astrology

i request you to enlighten me on the standard and effective method by which a gemstone can be prescribed..

i have seen that there are many conflicting opinions in the above and fail to understand why it is so.

also can any one quote the source where one can find gemstone advice in vedic astrology.

:confused:

sir, that is a very confusing answer for me at the start of my journey in learning..

i too was thinking likewise looking at so many people wearing many gems at a time and going on fine...

i feel that if they dont make a difference, it is ok but if they make a positive difference then it will be better

but i will still try to find some reasonable method for gem suggestion

i came across some methods but not quiet sure which one is effective...

1. yoga point of iyer is there for recommending gemstone.

2 The Goden rule of 1,5,9 hold good even though the house lord is placed in 6,8,12 depend upon mooltrikon rashi of a planets.eg, In Leo lagna 5 house is sag. whose lord is Jupiter. Jupiter other rashi fall in 8 house. and if Jupiter is placed in 12 house i.e. in its exaltation rashi ,You can safely suggest gems for jupiter.

so you have to see the horoscope as a whole and a jataka wish.

always suggest testing of gemstone for 3 day before wearing it.

and buy any book on gem remedies from good publishers.

Hope this may help you

Dear Friend,

Gemstone suggestion is very sensitive, we need to see where the planet is placed and associations.

also giving drishti to which house..

is that planet is a Karak of that house where it is placed and whether it is the karak of aspecting house

We need to see planets placement from Moon and also Lagna.. this is very important.

never suggest the gemstone planet which are placed in the 6th 8th and 12th..

Sometimes 8th house 6th house or 12th house lord will be involved in education, dhana, raja yogas.. by placement in the good , karak or friends house

sometimes good planets are also involved in Malefic Yoga..

Sometimes Natural Yoga karaka also give disasters.. i have practically seen.

Recommending gemstone are very sensitive.

Thanks

Have a nice day

First i failed to understand why 6,8,12 is considered dushta house in present era when people want to frequently travel beyond sea/nuclear family/no early marriage/advancement of medical science and various other factor. Some time gemstone for 12 house help people in achieving their aim in its lord dasha/bhukti.

Like medicine has benefit and side effect so is the case of gem. The Point to consider is a Jataka wish Vis-a-Vis overall position of planets in the horoscope.

rishi ji,

i have understood about the second point you mentioned..

but in first point you mentioned about the yogi star method is also applicable. but i find in the other thread started by vivek nigam, you mentioned that you are not aware of what these guys are discussing...

please clarify..

can you please suggest any good book which specializes in gemstone mainly, i couldnt find many..

i have shri. pvr narasimha rao's book with me which gives a small part reagrding gemstones as remedies but not in detail...

dear riaz

i agree with you that gemstone prescription is a sensitive thing. thats the reason why i am being careful in learning..

i have done some ground work in learning from past approx. six months but now i want to actually take some examples and try if i am able to get any right answers ..

thanks for your input

i rectified my error very quickly and try to learn as much think i can. i now understand what is yogi point.Astrlogy is continuously learning science like any other science.

Regarding Gem suggestion there are many method. that book you study is the best book .There are two system

Ankul vad: recommend gem stone for fuctional benefic planets.Gems for malefic planets make them more malefic.

pritikul vad: recommend gem stone for malefic planets so as to reduce their malefic effect and for benefic planets increase their benefic effect.in both case gemstones are effective and benefit person and don't cause any harm to anybody.

More ever it also depend upon a jataka thinking also. if a jataka is suspicious in nature then recommend only pooja and fasting as remedies.

if there is any other system i also want to learn.

thanks for your response rishi ji...

i too have read about the Ankul Vad and Pratikul Vad in pga.org website..

i fail to understand how wearing a malefic planet's gem can reduce the malefic effect.. it will be never clear to me...

there is one more method of prescription i heard which i am not sure how it works. i dont know the source also..

it says that the gem for the lord of the star in which the lagna is placed is all round beneficial....it doesnt take into consideration whether its malefic or benefic

discussing effective gem system is like discussing what is difference between Allopathy, Homeopathy and Ayurvedic system.

Every system has it own merit and demerits.

Its all depends upon an astrologer and a Jataka face to face interaction.

You should also know the chemical composition of various gem and their internal chemistry. I think it will help you in understanding how a malefic planet effect is reduced by the particular gem.

God bless all

Rishi vatsyayan

rishi ji

when you said malefic planet , did you mean natural malefic or as per chart?

if in first case for example Sun is a natural malefic and ruby's chemical composition is aluminium oxide and chromium...

please explain how this explains the malefic nature of sun..

i am not into much of chemistry, so...

P.S.

also if Medical Astrology ji could throw some light? if you read this

suppose for mithun lagna, sun is functional malefic and lord of 3rd house . if sun is placed in 3 house you can safely recommend ruby during sun dasha.

so you have to see many factors in recommendation of stones.

For mithun lagna there is very good budhadity yoga you can safely recommend gemstone for mercury and sun inspite of being fuctional malefic nature of the Sun.