IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
melvin

What`s in a name?

Rate this topic

yes , you might call me neo-phyte ................as im way far to realization !!

before that i think everyone is neophyte .......isnt it ?

actually its true that there have been certain new developments within hinduism but such new developments and changes have been there all along !! so it should be said neo hindu Vlll phase or neo hindu lV phase . first radical change in hinduism would be with rise in buddhism -neo-hindusim first phase ( much like the ammendment acts in legal system that go on modifying and interpreting laws !! )

thats why i say - changes exist .....but not neo - hinduism !!

chandu , you know that im a follower of ramakrishna very well ......and im not ashamed to declare it !! and perhaps you also know that it is basic etiquette not to blasphemise or speak bad about someone's guru or ideal in front of him !! and judging from your posts you appear to be a mature man and not some young teenage guy . you are way to older than me .........maybe of my fathers age !!

i think you have never been taught the fundamental rules of courtesy not to speak badly of someones guru directly in front of him ! you are repeatdly and ignorantly(for you hardly know him properly) shouting abuses against ramakrishna .

hope you have a little more courtsey and social politeness while talking . (if you have had someone to teach you that !! )

bye

Hahaha..sambya is talking about blasphemy, courtesy etc while he has no problem in deriding hindu scriptures.

Phew,I am exhuasted with these evasive responses and dancing around the issue .There is nothing more for me to say.

Btw, i am not that old to advise you but litigation and sentimentality dont appear to help anybody even in your chosen profession.

Sant, I don`t know the difference from a Hindu and a Neo-Hindu.

Here it goes.A traditional hindu respects the rights of people to follow non-hindu faiths but doesn't ACCEPT their theology THAT a Hindu is destined for eternal punishment in hell.

The neohindus view and declare with some vehemence (I know it sounds strange and bizarre ) that the non-hindu faiths who deride hinduism are VALID.

It is no wonder that the world has utter contempt for hinduism.

Btw: nice touch bringing in nazism.

Here it goes.A traditional hindu respects the rights of people to follow non-hindu faiths but doesn't ACCEPT their theology THAT a Hindu is destined for eternal punishment in hell.

\

Sambya doesnt beleive in eternal hell.

NOr do i.

Chandu stop it.NOw isnt this making hinduism look bad that people now have another name to divide th hindus.

\

Sambya doesnt beleive in eternal hell.

NOr do i.

Chandu stop it.NOw isnt this making hinduism look bad that people now have another name to divide th hindus.

Yes. there`s indeed eternal hell, Sant. Try being inside a prison from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. You`ll get to know what I mean. The fact is those who were given the sentence of life imprisonment is only an eye opener.

Yes. there`s indeed eternal hell, Sant. Try being inside a prison from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. You`ll get to know what I mean. The fact is those who were given the sentence of life imprisonment is only an eye opener.

So you believe in eternal hell.

So you believe in eternal hell.

Yes, Sant. I believe in eternal hell. You can go there if you like. But it doesn`t mean you will stay there for good except Yamaraja, a mahajana. He had no choice but stay in eternal hell. God gave him this assignment as hell`s eternal warden. There`s a temporary hell Christians may refer to as purgatory.:o

Wait melvin.Heaven itself gets destroyed at dissolution and even chritians beleive that heaven was created so how can you call it eternal.

It does have an end doesnt it.

Wait melvin.Heaven itself gets destroyed at dissolution and even chritians beleive that heaven was created so how can you call it eternal.

It does have an end doesnt it.

When everything`s destroyed, Sant. There`s re-creation of heaven, purgatory, and hell. This is probably what I meant of eternal hell with Yamaraja still its warden. There`s always an end to the never- ending story and that` s during the time of dissolution. Yet when there`s rebuilding of what has been destroyed the same structures and systems comes back again. In other words, the whole jigamajig is a cycle.

Yamaraja still its warden

yamraj is himself not eternal.

Dont you know he was killed even before hell was destroyed by lord shiva.

Im sorry i still dont get what you meant by waht you said.

yamraj is himself not eternal.

Dont you know he was killed even before hell was destroyed by lord shiva.

Im sorry i still dont get what you meant by waht you said.

Even if Yamaraja got killed by Lord Siva before hell was destroyed there will always be another Yamaraja to supervise hell`s caretakers, the yamadutas. Otherwise, they would indescriminately snatch without ado souls of dying people of Ajamila`s caliber and send them to hell even if they uttered unoffensively Narayana`s name.

No this is confusing.What did you mean by eternal hell can you be clear sir.

I disagree with you Sant when you said there`s no such a thing as eternal hell. Only hell to agree.:)

Forgetfulness of Krishna is hell. The more we remember Krishna the more we attain freedom from hell.

In other words, Theist. Eternal punishment in hell according to Chandu which Sant have re-affirmed does exist but applicable only to our being forgetful of Krsna. So, the more we remember Krsna the more we attain freedom from hell. If I recall Srila Narada even went to hell not because he was punished but to remind the souls in hell to chant Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare/ Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

In other words, Theist. Eternal punishment in hell according to Chandu which Sant have re-affirmed does exist but applicable only to our being forgetful of Krsna. So, the more we remember Krsna the more we attain freedom from hell. If I recall Srila Narada even went to hell not because he was punished but to remind the souls in hell to chant Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare/ Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

Well we talk about hell in different context. There are heavenly planets and hellish planets. But from a closer inspection we see that if someone is on a heavenly planet but he is forgetfull of Krishna he is actually in hell although maybe enjoying all the amenities of heavenly birth like long life relative freedom from disease and discomfort, covorting with naked sweet young things in celestial pools of water etc.

We generally think of hell as intense physical suffering like being nailed to a cross or beaten through 21 marketplaces or having your demonic father try to kill you in so many horrible ways. But the fact is neither Lord Jesus Christ, Haridas Thakur or Prahlada Maharaja was in hell while under the attack of demons.

It's always a question of consciousness and not locality or external circumstance.

More spiel as usual from Chandu, the Hare Krishna.

Madhva wrote about eternal hell for people who do not accept the supremacy of Hari (that includes most Hindus) back in the 13th century AD. By your unsubstantiated and absurd definitions, Madhva was a neo-Hindu.

Actually the Gurus of today are more liberal due to their requirement of global currency. They take grand positions of Jesus = Vaiahnava, all foreign Gods are Krishna, etc. But according to you, these 20th century Gurus are original Hindus and the 700 year old Madhva is a neo Hindu!

This is what happens, when people who know nothing, pull definitions out of their hats - a common tendency among Chandu and his affiliates. On the bright side, no one is fooled here by their nonsensical approach of making things up as they go along.

Cheers

Well we talk about hell in different context. There are heavenly planets and hellish planets. But from a closer inspection we see that if someone is on a heavenly planet but he is forgetfull of Krishna he is actually in hell although maybe enjoying all the amenities of heavenly birth like long life relative freedom from disease and discomfort, covorting with naked sweet young things in celestial pools of water etc.

We generally think of hell as intense physical suffering like being nailed to a cross or beaten through 21 marketplaces or having your demonic father try to kill you in so many horrible ways. But the fact is neither Lord Jesus Christ, Haridas Thakur or Prahlada Maharaja was in hell while under the attack of demons.

It's always a question of consciousness and not locality or external circumstance.

Do you think Bali Maharaj ( Prahlada Maharaj`s grandson) a King who lived in the palace was in hell even if he was considered a demon? If this is correct, are the atheists therefore constantly in hell even if they`re living morally and upright lives? Just because they are forgetful of Krsna. So, what is really your definition of hell? As far as I know, Jesus Christ went to hell and on the third day he rose again from the dead.