IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
VivekNigam

For GEMS should we consider Lagna or Janma rashi(moon sign) ?

Rate this topic

Respected members ...need your suggestion .

For selecting beneficial GEM should we check lagna or moon sign ? because ,planets benefical from lagna are inauspisious from moon sign!! and vice versa .e.g DOB 26/06/1971, Time:03:45 AM; Bangalore.

For selecting beneficial GEM should we check lagna or moon sign ? because ,planets benefical from lagna are inauspisious from moon sign!! and vice versa .e.g DOB 26/06/1971, Time:03:45 AM; Bangalore.

There is another method which goes by the degrees of Sun/Moon and certain constant factor with which we decide the star whose gem would give good results.Those stars would also be auspicious to start new ventures

Suvarchasji,

I wish to know how it is done.For my sake can you explain in detail.

Thanks in advance,

USR

Please add the longitude of Sun and Moon and add to that a constant factor of 93' 20 ".Then reduce the same by the multiples of 360' and count the remainder from Aries and allocate the degrees at the rate 13' 20" per star.The exact degree where the star is, is the yogi and the gem pertaining to the owner of the star would give very good results

Suvarchasji,

Thank you for explaining the method of deriving the Gem lord.

Can you pl give the source of information. I wish to read the book and try.

Pl don't think that I am asking this information to test your knowledge. I want to enhance my knowledge.

Thanks in advance,

with best wishes,

USR.

Suvarchasji,

Thank you for explaining the method of deriving the Gem lord.

Can you pl give the source of information. I wish to read the book and try.

Pl don't think that I am asking this information to test your knowledge. I want to enhance my knowledge.

Thanks in advance,

with best wishes,

USR.

Dear Sri.USR,

The above method was taught to our family friend by an astrologer from Pune with which he made amazing predictions also depending on the sign on which the Yogi star falls.This was coupled with the Visha soonya rashis for Thitis and gave astounding predictions about 3 generations in the faily

Hi Suvarchasji,

Kindly calculate the benefical GEM for case gvn earlier ( DOB 26/06/1971, 03:45AM, Bangalore ) so that I can also verify wether my calculation (based on your prescribed method) is correct or not .Regards-Vivek

Hi Suvarchasji,

Adding to previous mail, pls chk my calculations :

Sun (10'14"10`) & Moon(16'35"17`) >> adding these two result is 26'49"27`.Further adding 93'20" ...result is 119'69"27` .Now subtracting this by 360'...result is getting -ve value .

Am I doing correct calculation ,pls verify .

Regards

Vivek

i too am not clear about the star based gem prescription. it would be good if suvarchas ji would give an example taking your details ...

vivek,

i would like to know what you have deduced from lagna aspect regarding your Gem...if u are learning astrology..

as i am trying to learning myself...

Suvarchasji,

Perhaps what you mean may be this ? If you disagree pl correct me.

The standard astrological procedure is :-

Add to the sum of the longitudes of Sun and Moon and a constant measure of 3 Rasis 3 Degree 20 minutes ie 93 degree-20minute. You get a point called Yoga point. The star represented by that position becomes Yoga Star and the lord of that Star becomes the Birth Yogi who plays a very important role in Horary Astrology .

Method:

Convert the Rasis and Degrees of the positions of planets into total degrees and minutes (Counting from O° Mesha). If Moon's Degree is less than that of Sun add 360° (Total of 12 Rasis) to that of Moon.

Constant Factor = 93°-20

If the total exceeds 360° subtract 360° (one Zodiac Measure).

Gem stone prediction based on this can be experimented as suggested by you also wrt the planet position in the natal+Navamsa charts.

Wbw

USR

Hi Suvarchasji,

Kindly calculate the benefical GEM for case gvn earlier ( DOB 26/06/1971, 03:45AM, Bangalore ) so that I can also verify wether my calculation (based on your prescribed method) is correct or not .Regards-Vivek

For the benefit of everybody,I have calculated your Yoga star.It is Uttarashada and sun is the beneficial star and ruby is to be worn.

Suns Longitude 2-10-14

Moons Longitude 3-16-35

Constant factor 3-3-20

Total 9-0-9

Conclusion:The yoga star falls in Capricorn after moving 9 signs from Aries at 9" which is the second Pada of Uttarashada.Hope this is clear

Hi Suvarchasji,

Adding to previous mail, pls chk my calculations :

Sun (10'14"10`) & Moon(16'35"17`) >> adding these two result is 26'49"27`.Further adding 93'20" ...result is 119'69"27` .Now subtracting this by 360'...result is getting -ve value .

Am I doing correct calculation ,pls verify .

Regards

Vivek

In your birth chart, since Sun is placed in Gemini at 10:14 the actual longitude of Sun is 70:14 (30 degrees each for Aries and Taurus + 10:14 of Gemini, which can also be written as 2 signs 10 degrees 14 minutes). Likewise, longitude of Moon in your chart is 106:35 ( or 3 signes 16 degrees 35 minutes).

The principle mentioned by Survachasji is known as "Iyer Point of Prosperity", aptly named after H R Seshadri Iyer who researched and published it.

For your chart, the Iyer point of Prosperity can be arrived at as follows:

Adding Sun's & Moon's longitudes, as obtained above, to 93:20 (or 3 signs 3 degrees 20 minutes) gives 270:09 (or 9 signs 0 degrees 9 minutes), which is the yogi point in your chart. Both 270 degrees 9 minutes or 9 signs 0 degrees 9 minutes translate to 00'09'' Capricorn (please note that since the total 270:09 is less than 360:00, there shouldn't be a need to subtract 360 or multiples thereof from the total). The nakshatra at 00:09 Cap is the yogi nakshatra.

As relative creation exists in duality, the existence of the yogi point implies that an opposite energy must exist as well. This is what is known as "avayogi point" which lies 186:40 (or 6 signs 6 degrees 40 minutes) from the yogi point.

So as per your chart, 270:09 + 186:40 (9 signs 0 degrees 9 minutes + 6 signs 6 degrees 40 minutes) = 456:49 (15 signs 6 degrees 49 minutes) is the avayogi point. This translates to 6:49 Can (456:49 - 360 = 96:49 which is 6 degrees 49 minutes in Cancer). The natshatra at 6:49 cancer is the avayogi nakshatra in your chart and just as yogi nakshatra is considered highly auspicious, avayogi nakshatra is considered inauspicious.

Importance of calculating yogi point from 93:20:

93:20 is 3 signs 3 degrees 20 minutes or 3 degrees 20 minutes in Cancer. The natshatra at 3:20 Can is "Pushya". The reason the point is calculated from Pushya nakshatra is that Pushya is a divinely nakshatra considered the most auspicious out of all 27 lunar constellations.

Incidently, when one adds 186:40 to yogi point to arrive at avayogi point, one is in fact adding 2 * 93:20! Why it is so, I do not know (as yet).

PS: I am neither an astrologer nor a student of astrology. But since I was aware of the principle being discussed in the thread (Iyer point of prosperity), I could not resist the desire to share the information in detail.

regards

if you wish to wear ruby do this in 2015. rest i don't know what these people are discussing as currently you are going MD of Lagn lord.

Thanks to all the respected members : Suvarchasji,Sanjeev Ji & docitduo for sharing this amazing calculation method !!!.

Though I too have interest in learning astrology but get convinced only after calculating by own !! (as I always believe it's a science).

Would request to forum , which book or reference material will be helpful to learn astrology ;as market is flooded with many of them & being a beginner ,I 'm unable to decide too . Regards - Vivek

Start with BPHS-----better with Sanskrit sloka with explanation

then Jamini Sutra

then any remedial method in vedic astrology

For Prshana: Prshana Marga

It is better to do basic course in astrology for basic manual calculation and for making a horoscope manually and then study these classic.

God bless you for your journey in this wonderful and Mystical science.

You need to apply lot of common sense in giving some suggestion.

Besides this you have to know the present environment of various society in different country-Politically,Socially,economically and present oppertunity in various fields. Advancement of science in successfully eradication of various diseases and emergence of new diseases .

It is said that fate depends upon choice we make or decision we take in our life. which factors compel us to take that decision --whether planets effect or our upbringing or our genetic makeup. or past karma . this is very serious type of thinking.I think i am boring everyone here.Ok bye

God bless you

So , what would be the correct GEM to be weared currently ?

Dear All,

Let me clarify one basic thing in astrology or remedial measures.Not all things or illuck can be turned overnight into a positive manner by gems or remedial measures.They only give an incremental push and also they cannot just expunge the effect of past karma in a jiffy.

They bear fruits according to the dedication and our efforts.So we cannot expect miracles to happen overnight.This has to be borne in mind.

Iyer method topic started by Suvarchas has become popular for some time in Bangalore ,as it was used in horse races in finding the best star for betting.They used to see proper thithi etc also.

I think it is not applicable for Gem stone selection.Better the traditional method is applied.

The users of this method may restrain it for initiating some specific jobs if they like as it lacks the logic of fixing the constant etc.

This is similar to "Part Fortune" used in Arabic Parts which is popular in western astrology.

Iyer method topic started by Suvarchas has become popular for some time in Bangalore ,as it was used in horse races in finding the best star for betting.They used to see proper thithi etc also.

I think it is not applicable for Gem stone selection.Better the traditional method is applied.

The users of this method may restrain it for initiating some specific jobs if they like as it lacks the logic of fixing the constant etc.

This is similar to "Part Fortune" used in Arabic Parts which is popular in western astrology.

The concept of Yogi/Avayogi has worked quite well with me and also some very good predictions were also made depending on the lordship of yogis and Avayogis in charts

Also the Yogi/Avayogi is also linked to 27 yogas staring with VishKamba and every Yoga has the star assigned from which the yogi can be easily found .Also we can strenghthen the Yogi by Nakshatra sukhta using the ashtavakayam

Guest Sean

Dear experts.

Can you pls suggest a beneficial gem for me based on this calculation method ?

Kindly advise so that i can share my birth details

hey docitduo and suvarchasji greetings..

its a very interesting subject..tank you for ur contribution..

have done a calculation but wantto run it with you to see if its correct..

sun 23.55.57 libra..moon 15.12.51 aries====218.67 add 93.20==311.87..which is 10signs/11degrees/87 min..which is aquarius shatabhisha nakhshtra(lord-rahu)==yogi

311.87+186.40=498.27==16sign/18deg/27min..which is leo purva phalguni nakshatra(lord venus)= avayogi

is this calculation correct respected sir