IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sant

naagin?

Rate this topic

There have been so many movies on naag and naagins.Our scriptures talk about naag lok but are there women and men who turn into snakes anywhere mentioned.The concept of icchadari naag or naagin, is this mentioned?Ive heard many stories also about the snake woman taking revenge.IS there any basis from where the stories come from.

Sant Ji,

As Amlesh Ji said, this is an interesting subject matter. Well I am not sure about naag and nagins, but nagaloka is there. So I am pretty much convinced such entitites does exist.

I do think, in pursuit of getting naga mani or whatever it is, people seem to put the snakes in danger or kill it. Because of such greed, I do think (imagining) the snakes take revenge. When I was a kid, I watched Sridevi Ji performance in Nagina... one of the song itself has a moral or two in it.

I think snakes are creations of god that should be left alone. We do not know for sure what kind of snakes they are (either normal ones or some divine ones). And another thing, cruelty to animals adds up our bad karmas. Above comments are just my thoughts, I have no intentions to hurt the sentiments of others or attribute any beliefs for the rest to follow or etc. Below I let the famous Hindi song lyrics speak for itself. Namaste.

Main teri dushman dushman tu mera -main nagan tu safera) - 2) - 2

janam janam se tera mera bair o rabba khair

Main teri dushman dushman tu mera (main nagan tu safera) - 2)

aaj ka badala main bas lungi chhed naa mujhako main das lungi - 2

jantar mantar jadu tone ye to mere khel khilone

Mujhapar chalega naa jor tera - 2 (main nagan tu safera) - 2

chhed ke apani bean kaa lehra - 2

tune bithaya mujhapar pehara

basame nahi main anewali main nahi dhokha khanewali

aya hai jogi banake lutera (main nagan tu safera) - 2

sabaki juba par meri kahani mera dasa hua mange na pani - 2

tera tamasha sab dekhenge kya hota hai aab dekhenge

dekhega tu na kal ka savera (main nagan tu safera) - 2

Main teri dushman dushman tu mera (main nagan tu safera) - 2

janam janam se tera mera bair o rabba khair

Main teri dushman dushman tu mera (main nagan tu safera)

There have been so many movies on naag and naagins.Our scriptures talk about naag lok but are there women and men who turn into snakes anywhere mentioned.The concept of icchadari naag or naagin, is this mentioned?Ive heard many stories also about the snake woman taking revenge.IS there any basis from where the stories come from.

Well, Snakes and Nagas are common story which seems to accompany Mankind throughtout creation.

Maha Vishnu sleeps on the Many-headed Athi-Sekshan, Maha Eshwara have a snake running on his body, Man and Woman said to get kicked out due to a Snake in the Bible (Genesis), humans have known to sacrifice humans to Snake Gods in Mayan and Inca beliefs and many more.

Maybe it is true that there are Nagas and Naagins out there. :)

hello sant ji

Nice Topic. Our earth and even whole universe is full of secrets, we have unveiled many secrets but lots are still left , Naag Lok is one of them. Similar to existence of Naag Nagin , existence of 'Yeti' (Him Manav) is also a secret , but now scientist are also believing in the existence of yeti as they have found the Pug marks of yeti. our scriptures are far ahead from today's science. so one day we will also find the scientific proof of existence of naag lok.