IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
jee

Is Vedic Astrology real?

Rate this topic

While I have some faith in vedic astrology, I had to put it as a question in the title so as to get some serious discussion going.

I do not care at this time to get more kundalis made because I've done with a few renowned astrologers.

One question that keeps on bothering me, is what kind of detail or specific information does VA get into? An acquaintance of mine has some serious health problems, yet his chart does not say much about that, while his doctors seem to think there's not much they can do about him.

In fact, according to his chart, his bad period should have started to disappear several months ago, but he's not getting any better. Is VA more of a general nature and why can't it find or mention the serious nature of his illness?

On the same note, let's say somebody with mid-stage cancer gets his chart made and the chart does not mention his ill-health or the impending danger to his life. What just happened here? Did the science fail him, or the science is too general and not specific?

Any serious thoughts and discussion is welcome.

Om Namah Shivaya!

Dear Jee Ji,

Namaskar. I am not an astrologer. I feel blessed to know a few people here that are very knowledgeable in Vedic astrology (VA). VA is like the ocean. The knowledge of VA from the rishis of yore, were passed carefully from generation to generation. I think only a few ancient texts survived now. So most astrologers predict based on what they learn and from innate gift that god gives to them to make prediction. I must tell you not all can be astrologers and make predictions. Anyone can learn VA but probably cannot predict precisely well.

There are many noted astrologers online, there are many blessed and knowledgeable senior astrologers and dedicated learners of the art, here, in this forum too. Apart from that I do believe there are good astrologers everywhere, even in your vicinity, but you might not met him/her yet.

Basically if you meet a good astrologer, from the placements of the planets in houses and the like, instantly he/she could see the problem. Health issues too can be detected and narrowed to exact point of organ or that is affected with ailments. Again I must stress that, not all can tell this.

Well we are what we are now because of our past karmas. Through VA, remedies are done to pacify the afflicted planets and to an extent reduce the severity of the adversity that one is deemed to face.

Generally people only turn to god when they are in pain, sickness and sorrow. Only an iota of men, from the oceans of men remember god when they are in comfort. People that are not that comfortable do find way to reason their sufferring by blaming god, claiming science is doing no good (when the fact is we are at the best comfort thanks to science, though, there are setbacks) or blaming VA not efficient enough and etc.

At critical moments, have faith in god, surrender to Him and come what may, be tough. I think, if one is blessed enough, they will surpass all the obstructions in life and lead the life they intended to.

This is just my thoughts, it is not my intention to offend anyone. I am sorry if I did. Namaste.

Thank you for your reply. I think the issue is still very complex. For eg, you see hundreds of people here deperately seeking answers to career, health, marriage problems, and so many others. How many people do you think get any real help?

Yes, faith in God is important even in times of great difficulty and no loving God will enjoy seeing his children suffer, or go through all the terrible things some of us go through. Yet, whether its prarabdha karma or karma from this life, it seems almost impossible to fix the problem, and find a way out.

Vedic Astrology is based on planetary positions and ill-effects of some planets. Why then, two people born on the same day, and both sharing the rashis and nakshatra go through different experiences from the same planet? If it's karma from past life, then planets should have no role. If it's mainly planets, then they both should either enjoy the good time or the bad time the planet is sending them.

Even though the whole topic of we can change our destinities by our will and hard work is very interesting, I think somewhere, somehow our fate is sealed by some force (again I doubt it's God, because he cannot enjoy to see his children suffer). And then we just go through this suffering for years and years and some meet with very unfortunate, untimely ends.

Om Namah Shivaya!

Namaskar Jee Ji,

For eg, you see hundreds of people here deperately seeking answers to career, health, marriage problems, and so many others. How many people do you think get any real help?

To an extent VA does provide answers to problems. But people fail to realize that the answer to any problems in their lives depends on THEMSELVES. Many people want instant remedies to overcome problem WITHOUT EFFORT. I guess the right way to handle a problem is to tackle it, not running away from it.

Yes, faith in God is important even in times of great difficulty and no loving God will enjoy seeing his children suffer, or go through all the terrible things some of us go through. Yet, whether its prarabdha karma or karma from this life, it seems almost impossible to fix the problem, and find a way out.

Nothing is impossible in this world, I guess we only lack the capacity, creativity and intellect. Come what may, we should overcome any problems with our best efforts possible and leave it to god.

Vedic Astrology is based on planetary positions and ill-effects of some planets. Why then, two people born on the same day, and both sharing the rashis and nakshatra go through different experiences from the same planet? If it's karma from past life, then planets should have no role. If it's mainly planets, then they both should either enjoy the good time or the bad time the planet is sending them.

Though I have no knowledge of VA, I do know that a matter of minutes ( time of birth), even if the were born the same day. Even if they were born the same time...their accumulated karmas are different. So one may suffer and one may lead a good life.

I think somewhere, somehow our fate is sealed by some force (again I doubt it's God, because he cannot enjoy to see his children suffer). And then we just go through this suffering for years and years and some meet with very unfortunate, untimely ends.

God created us for a reason. He does not sit there and watch us suffer. He is always there for us. The only thing is...god helps people who help themselves first.

I hope I do not cross my limits of explaining things that are not in my best knowledge. I do hope with the my little help, you could understand a few points. I do hope senior astrologers here can answer your questions the way you expect the answers to be. Namaste.

Well only astrology cant predict we also need to know palmistry to check if his or her date of birth correct or not. . . . There are millions of people and their palm lines are different so your issue about the person born at the same time , same sign , nakshatra get different luck , future attitude. So you need to know ful information about astrology and palmistry both, unless you cant be good astrologer

Planets obviously do have a role, planets are related to our previous life karma. We are born in a specific planetary position depending upon our previous life karma.

Besides this our present life karma and as well as our close relatives/enemies' luck and karma effect us to much extent besides our previous lives karma. On the whole the fruit we are getting is resultant of all these three factors.

and also, Every degree of location and every minute of time makes difference. I will like to mention here example of two children born in same hospital with a difference of few minutes. While one is enjoying a good health and normal progression in physical milestones but not so good in mental developmental milestones and have a weak constitution,

while other has met seriuos infections thrice in last six months and having little delayed physical developmental milestones but progressing three weeks advanced in mental developmental milestones, she has good constitution although and a fair color.

Here are the charts, anyone can guess the differences between these two charts:

1st child: 26 dec 2008

time 6:34 am

place patiala

2nd child: DOB 26 dec 2008

Time 6:43 am

Place Patiala

(again I doubt it's God, because he cannot enjoy to see his children suffer)

God do this because we are His children. He is our father (or mother depends on you how you want him) and it is his duty to show us the right path and punish us when we adopt a wrong path. What your father would have done if you have beaten your sister OR have abused your mother?

God is not only a father, But before that he is our teacher

Jyotish tattawa is as real as this universe.

Someone has rightly said that

A disease has cure without medicine

but there is no remedies for a death.

This is a mystical science

not a panacea for all ills of the human activities.

ganita and gola part of Jyotisha is very much real.

Predictive and prshana part of it require thorough understanding of first two parts and also it requires divine blessing and wisdom to use for the betterment of overall society.

God bless all

Rishi Vatsyayan