IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Narayan Singh

Is marriage necessary for professional growth?

Rate this topic

Respected astrologers of the board,

I(Rather my relatives) have been advised by an astrologer that i should get married if i am to be successful?Is this kind of a thing true?I mean can marriage change somebodies luck?

Also I DONT want to get married as coming from a broken home am extremely cynical regarding institution of marriage(no offense meant)

The reason they went to astrologer is that I didn't take admission in good MBA institute even after clearing entrances(XLRI,I,K),cos I was chasing my passion of being a diplomat.I couldn't become one and it was a surprise as i had not faced failure in entrances before.

They are worried(From their P.O.V not unreasonable),as now I want to go into IPR and am doing law.I don't want to get married and they really seem to be convinced that its the only way out for my Prof. success.

Is it True?

If there is some pooja that i can do for career am willing to,but am equally clear that i don't want to get married.

MY D.O.B 12/05/79

T.O.B 22:03:00

P.O.B delhi

Regards

Narayan

Respected astrologers of the board,

I(Rather my relatives) have been advised by an astrologer that i should get married if i am to be successful?Is this kind of a thing true?I mean can marriage change somebodies luck?

Also I DONT want to get married as coming from a broken home am extremely cynical regarding institution of marriage(no offense meant)

The reason they went to astrologer is that I didn't take admission in good MBA institute even after clearing entrances(XLRI,I,K),cos I was chasing my passion of being a diplomat.I couldn't become one and it was a surprise as i had not faced failure in entrances before.

They are worried(From their P.O.V not unreasonable),as now I want to go into IPR and am doing law.I don't want to get married and they really seem to be convinced that its the only way out for my Prof. success.

Is it True?

If there is some pooja that i can do for career am willing to,but am equally clear that i don't want to get married.

MY D.O.B 12/05/79

T.O.B 22:03:00

P.O.B delhi

Regards

Narayan

Namaskar,

In my opinion, it is not necessary to get marry but it may be helpful for your profession too. It is known to affect the timing events of person's life after marriage or you may say it may modifies the results but still within the part of Karma game. Every one has "free will" to choose although for some it may be more and for some it may be less or very small to make a choice. An Emerald in gold ring may be very helpful for your professional growth.

-WebYogi-

Dear Narayan,

In some charts the native may be inclined to put in lots of hard work and perseverance into achieving his goals. A lot of effort is spent in this endeavor. This effort may be successful to some extent in his goals.

Now astrologically speaking - say when the 2nd house of assets/resources or 11th house of gains and fructification of desires is associated with the 7th house - then to a new relation or partnership can bring in fresh Resources and also aid in fructification of desires.

The houses 3, 7 and 11 are the Kama trikona houses - associated with your drive and courage as the seed of the desire,

the sustained fire of desire itself and then the fructification of that desire.

Now practically speaking - say a person gets married, has new connections or contacts in life; The native gets a new perspective in his life - an opportunity and ability to solve new problems - A fresh breath of air in his life. At an internal level he does get an opportunity to step back and rethink his life and priorities.

There may be financial gains to the native - say at a simplest level - has a wife who is employed and add to his finances, or may be she has a different viewpoint towards life ( different from the native ) and may aid say in his career goals, or financial maturity or simply general goals towards life. For example say a wife that takes good care of his home, his kids, his finances, his chores - brings in a peace of mind at home can be highly beneficial in opening up any blockages / obstructions in his creativity, thinking.

These are usually indicated in the Chart itself as to how the spouse interacts with the native, his home etc.,

I am trying to contrast the value of hardwork and in the value of "stepping back" (marriage is just an example here)

BTW: You have a strong rajayoga between Merc, Sun and Mars - Sun, Mars are trinal lords and Mercury is a quadrant lord in the 5th house. Combination of Venus and Merc as lords of 11 and 7 may be why the astrologer indicated about success after marriage. Yogas in the 5th house usually fructify during the middle part of your life. Based on what Ayanamsa we used - Venus is Gandantha on the border between Pisces and Aries. I'm using Venus few arc seconds in Aries.

Just a few words on this subject.

Classic72

Thanks a lot webyogi ji and classic72 ji for replying. Before I turn to you for one more query each I would like to say something.

I had gone through other threads in this forum as well.I see many people Going through anguish and turmoil in their marital lives.My aim was not to question their choice of getting married or belittling their anguish by saying am cynical regarding marriage.I apologise to them if I came across like that.Really.I pray that lord gives them strength to tide it over.My cynicism stems from the fact that I have seen two good human beings getting torn apart in a bad relationship

Webyogi jee,

whats the procedure of wearing an Emerald?

Also our panditji told me that i must do 1.25 lakh japa of om namah shivay in this saawan.I used to go to shivalay with my mom,but after her death in really horrid circumstances 6 yrs ago i have not been to any temple nor worshipped.

So i was kind of keen to do this as a measure of respect for what my mom taught me.

However i have read in other forums out here one should not do japas without a guru and my panditji says its OK do it.Should i go ahead and do it?

Thanks

Narayan

Classic72 ji,

I really appreciate your perspective but am also scared of getting hurt,as of late i have come to realise that behind the facade of rational and cool me,lies somebody who is hypersensitive.

So I guess I wont venture into this territory of marriage.

Also by rajayoga do you mean power? Sir, I dont want to sound holier than though but it has never really excited me.With the way i asked question i must have come across as a craven careerist,but Even when I wanted to be a diplomat and was chasing it,it was cos i rightly or wrongly believed that i could be an asset to indian diplomacy in this age of globalisation.The glamour and works were just a paraphernalia for me.

Also the failure in that entrance has forced introspection and really hurt me

Even now when I am doing law money,fame or power doesnt really excite me.Its professional excellence that does.

I believe if I am good at what I do and can apply it creatively,then these things are incidental and would follow.

Also I believe if am good I just might be lucky enough to be instrumental in helping India stave off stiff challenges in field of IPR regime.

However my folks are not to keen about my choice of field.They want me to join business.I might earn well there,but for me if i cant apply myself creatively i feel totally lost in routine work.:(.Am i doing something wrong?

That I am being stubborn and maybe selfish to an extent, i agree,but is my choice of profession wrong?:confused:

Regards

Narayan

Ps: Whats gandantha and ayanamsa?

Dear Narayan,

I am a learner of the subject and just went through your thread. Firstly, I am really sorry for the loss of your mom, and second for your failure in civil services. Its indeed very unfortunate that a person with such humble intentions could not make it.

Narayan I cannot really provide the solution to your problem. Rather as a learner I am confused why even in the presence of such strong rajayoga and best form of dharam karmadhipati yoga, you did not see success. But I think a part of solution may have been suggested by Classicji. The Venus is in last degrees in 4th house so if it is effectively taken as operating from the 5th house, it considerably afflicts the strong dhana yoga. As Venus in your horoscope is 6th and 11th(6th from 6th) lord, hence causing obstructions in your path of success. Propitiation of Venus may help in progress in career prospects.

Also, according to me, the main problem in your horoscope is your badly afflicted Moon which is not only debilitated in main rashi chart but afflicted by mars and saturn in Navamsha too. This gives you a hypersensitive nature and an insecure mind.

For Venus, Please pray Maa Durga on fridays- read Durga Chalisa. Also for moon please pray lord Shiva on mondays- read shiva chalisa(I am sure your mom will be very pleased to see you resume it).

And finally a small thing I'd like to share as a friend. In this forum we only see people who have problems in their married lives cause the ones with happy married life do not need to write here. I my self has seen some bad marriages in own family and relatives and it did demotivate me from getting married for some time. But frankly its everyone to their destiny... Do try to think about it as an individual keeping the past baggage behind. Apologies if I crossed my limits here.

Kind regards and wish you all the very best.

May GOD be with you always

Thanks a lot webyogi ji and classic72 ji for replying. Before I turn to you for one more query each I would like to say something.

I had gone through other threads in this forum as well.I see many people Going through anguish and turmoil in their marital lives.My aim was not to question their choice of getting married or belittling their anguish by saying am cynical regarding marriage.I apologise to them if I came across like that.Really.I pray that lord gives them strength to tide it over.My cynicism stems from the fact that I have seen two good human beings getting torn apart in a bad relationship

Webyogi jee,

whats the procedure of wearing an Emerald?

Also our panditji told me that i must do 1.25 lakh japa of om namah shivay in this saawan.I used to go to shivalay with my mom,but after her death in really horrid circumstances 6 yrs ago i have not been to any temple nor worshipped.

So i was kind of keen to do this as a measure of respect for what my mom taught me.

However i have read in other forums out here one should not do japas without a guru and my panditji says its OK do it.Should i go ahead and do it?

Thanks

Narayan

Namaskar,

In my opinion, the Emerald ring should be made on Wed if possible (the mounting), abhisekh with milk atleast 3 times (keep in the milk for over 5 min) and then similarly with water. One may choose a good muhurata to wear a ring of Emerald (it depends when the ring is ready). many times an auspicious day to wear a particular gem is not even available. also, recite Budha Dev mantra atleast 108 times at that time. The finger suitable is little one.

Shiv Mantra: I do not have any doubt in my mind that doing this will harm you in any way. Do as many times as possible, its effects are beyond imagination and personal but the realization of the effects are dependant on the previous Karma too.

Hope it helps,

-WebYogi-

Dear Narayan,

In my reply to your post - I have not taken your stance as being cynical or being too craven careerist or being against marriage as an institution.

I fully support your views about your career path - Being ambitious to be a diplomat and following your heart and soul is a noble path - Your folks having different dreams for you is something you have to sort out.

My response was mostly based on tying together combinations in a chart to practical ground realities using marriage and success and growth thereafter as an example. In my experience I have personally interacted with people who grew by leaps and bounds immediately after marriage - though the amount of hardwork and perseverance in their line of work was same or even less (after marriage!).

Again I'm not pushing any marriage related advice on you now or even for the future - just that there is ample evidence for my reasoning.

I would recommend that you pursue what you deeply feel is your ambition; and ensure you work on including others in your conviction; share your dreams with them. As you rightly pointed out - work on the profession excellence and the rest follows.

With Best Wishes

Classic72

Webyogi ji,

Thanks for the clarification.

It seems these gems are to be worn according to weight,What would be approroate for me?Also can you recommend some place in delhi where i can get good quality original ones?It seems counterfeiting in gems is pretty rampant here.

Also you didnt tell me the mantra for buddha dev. google search yields four to five of them.:confused:

Regards

Narayan

Dear Narayan,

In my reply to your post - I have not taken your stance as being cynical or being too craven careerist or being against marriage as an institution.

I fully support your views about your career path - Being ambitious to be a diplomat and following your heart and soul is a noble path - Your folks having different dreams for you is something you have to sort out.

My response was mostly based on tying together combinations in a chart to practical ground realities using marriage and success and growth thereafter as an example. In my experience I have personally interacted with people who grew by leaps and bounds immediately after marriage - though the amount of hardwork and perseverance in their line of work was same or even less (after marriage!).

Again I'm not pushing any marriage related advice on you now or even for the future - just that there is ample evidence for my reasoning.

I would recommend that you pursue what you deeply feel is your ambition; and ensure you work on including others in your conviction; share your dreams with them. As you rightly pointed out - work on the profession excellence and the rest follows.

With Best Wishes

Classic72

Classic72 ji,

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence and warm wishes.Needed it badly as Even after exhausting four attempts i couldnt clear my diplomacy thing.So was begining to doubt my decisions.

Add to it my total surprise when our astrologer told about this marriage thing and japam,saying only these two will work,when i was half expecting him to prescribe some coslty pooja or like thing(Sorry.Now I know not every astrologer is like this stereotype).

And yes you Have rightly pointed out i need to solve this issue with my folks.Would do that hopefully.

Regards

Narayan

Classic 72 ji,

I tried to p.m. you but couldn't due to inadequate no. of posts.Sir do you reside in Delhi or NCR? If yes then can i meet you for personal consultation?

If no then can you suggest Some competent as well as honest person(I mean one who doesn't unnecessarily scare me.As in I dont mind somebody saying this is my negative point,but i also don't want somebody preying on my ignorance of astrology.).

Reason being I want to get an astrological SWOT analysis done.As in any attitudinal change that i require?What are my strengths that i can play to my advantage?what must be avoided and what must be done? etc.

Regards

Narayan