IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Janaki

Triple eclipses - pls share your knowledge

Rate this topic

To the best of my knowledge there is no reference of triple eclipses in our Muhurt (electional) astrology.

However exponents have directed that no auspicious activity should be initiated in- between the period covered by two eclipses. Therefore, the period between July 9, 2009 to August 22, 2009, no auspicious / pious life activity must be initiated.

Vedic Muhurt Vidya prohibits to advise about initiation of malefic / inauspicious life activities. Certainly those interested in initiating beneficial life activities must refrain the said period.

Further the two Lunar eclipses are neither partial or total. They are not in umbra. They are in penumbra. The latter types of eclipses are least or no astrological significance.

.. V K Shridhar

………..

Author of “ Hindu Electional Astrology” – a compendium on Vedic / Indian Muhurt (electional) astrology. Log on to

http://www.besttime-election.com

Dear Swapnil ji,

I have posted the above reply in the said dnaindia.com. URL

They shall analyise the coments & then post it there.

Audarya is a foum which immediatly publishes comments.

Thanks to Audrya Forum.

... V K Shridhar

we can't straightaway say there is no effect of eclipses either partial or total on either individuals or nations.Our Vedic astrology predictions , forecast depends totally on the position of Chandra and it's constallation.During the eclipse chandra loses its power so all the individuals lose their dasa effects during the period. The rituals prescribed are fasting, bathing after eclipse and puja. Those whose birth star happens to be the eclipsed star (Moon's star at that time) have to do shanti or puja to the star lord to remove any bad effects etc

Respected members,

Though there is Solar eclipse on 22/7/09 as shown clearly by the palanetary ephimery (Sun/Moon/ketu)constallations on that day I do not find the relevent constallations to show Lunar eclipse on 6/7-7-2009.

Perhaps it is not at all visible India.Members who find the relevent constallations for Lunar eclipse on 6/7-7-09 may please throw some light.

Again on 6th, August 2009,I find the constallations close to Lunar eclipse but it does not show total.Could be partial in india.

If any member has the knowledge as to where the eclipses will be visible or otherwise,kindly enlighten us.

Regards,

Anusha

Out of the 3 eclipses, the lunar eclipse on date 7th July 2009 is not visible in India.It is partially visible on 6th August 2009. The Solar eclipse on 22nd July is 75% visible. Lunar eclipse on 6-8-2009. Moon's Azimuth Altitude h m o oMoonrise 2009 Aug 05 18:42 109.3 ----Moon enters penumbra 2009 Aug 06 04:31.0 242.5 18.1Moonset 2009 Aug 06 06:03 253.0 ----

Moon star is Sravana pada 3 , ruling lord is Shani., Nakshatra lord Moon.

Puja to Moon or Sri Parvathi mata.

Solar Eclipse on 22nd July 2009 Starting at 5.28 am, middle point 5.41 am and ends by 7.22 am. It is about 75% eclipse.

Moon star is Pushyami pada 1,ruling lord Chandra,Nakshatra lord Shani..

Puja to Shani or Lord Shiva or Sri Hanumanji.

If navagraha temple is available ,better to do puja to the moon/shani on the above days by those whose birth star is Sravana on 6-8-2009 and Pushyami on 22-7-2009..

Dear readers

Correction is required in respect of ending moment of solar eclipse on 22.7.2009 : it is 10.42 IST –source Lahiri Ephemeris.

For authenticated details about eclipses readers may log on to

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html

To find out the constellations afflicted during an eclipse; please find out the constellation of the Moon during the currency of eclipse. In case two constellations are involved then the both are sullied. From the intensity of eclipse, we arrive at the duration for which the said constellation is prohibited for good elections ( Muhurt).

The duration for which the Moon is in umbra, the Moon is considered in eclipse for astrological purposes. For the duration the Moon is in penumbra; before & after the Moon is in umbra; the Moon is not said to be under eclipse. In my opinion -- since the Moon is not having her full rays /illuminated, aspirants may avoid the whole time duration; when the Moon is in umbra as well as in penumbra; in election of auspicious life activities of immense importance.

… V K Shridhar

Dear Usr ji,

Thank you very much for the valuable information & guidance.I think you have also found me correct.

A clarification please.

Solar Eclipse on 22-7-09:Is the pooja enough for Pushyami born natives alone?No need for other natives born in that rasi,karkataka & also for those born in Makara ?

Lunar Eclipse on 6-8-09:Is the pooja enough for Sravana born natives alone?No need for other natives born in that rasi,Makara & also for those born in Karkataka?

Some suggest puja for the stars covered in both the rasis & hence your view.

Kind regards,

Anusha

Dear V.K.Sridhar,

Before giving correction let us see the panchanga published by local astrologers or by Govt of India. I used local punchanga of AP. I don't thimk such a vide variation of time exists, may be a few minutes difference may exist between Kanyakumari to Kashmir.Solar eclipse is recorded.

But the lunar eclipse on 6-8-2009 ,India falls in the fring areas of partial shadow of eclipse(penumbra). Still ,better to take precaution .

Guide the members wrt Indian panchangas better wrt Ujjain .

The site you referred gives more details on Lunar eclipse wrt any place in the world.For solar eclipses it doesn't give the in and out times for all the places otherthan USA.

Anyway you are well versed being an author,it is my pleasure to share something with you,

With best wishes,

USR

Anushaji,

Only those stars which are eclipsed need shanty puja.

We need not include all the stars which fall in the constallation of Shani or Chandra belonging to other houses.

As per our custom ,all healthy people can take head bath after the Grahan kal and light a lamp before their deity with normal prayers.It is enough including the houses you mentioned.

Still doubts are there ,consult local pundit for advise,as customs may vary from place to place.

For practical purposes, I think this much information is enough.The subject is too vast.:)

with best wishes,

USR

Respected USR Ji.

Your information is quite enough and accordingly I will guide others.I always follow your words "Astrology is not to frighten people but only to guide in the right direction to remove the fear"

Can you also give the time & duration of Lunar eclipse on 6/8/09

Your view on this please.

When I advised a person to worship Hanuman Ji carrying the Dronagiri mountain,he told me that some one advised him not to do so to that form of Hanuman Ji,as He could not hear our prayers due to His whole hearted concentration is only on saving the life of Lord Lakshmana.

I think worshiping Hanuman Ji with the mountain of Herbs is the best to drive out all the evils & the ills.

As you seem to worship this Hanuman Ji,I wish to seek your view on worshiping Hanuman ji with the mountain.

Regards,

Anusha

Anushaji,

Since my childhood i liked Sri Hanumanji like that only.

He is full of energy,dedication with a single goal of serving his lord Sri Ram and his people.He is one among few ever living (Chiranjeeva!}and omnipresent.He is one form of Lord Shiva.

Try him,he may listen to your prayers.But he is a bachelor.:)

Lunar eclipse on 6-8-2009 starts by 4.31 am and likely to disappear by sunrise.

Wbw,

USR

Dear Readers, USR ji & Anusha ji,

1) The site referred by me gives details of lunar as well as solar eclipses. URL extracted from

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html

is given below which gives astronomical details of solar eclipse on 22.7.2009.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2009/TSE2009fig/TSE2009-fig01.pdf

In fact the above site gives lot of astronomical details. I do not understand fully. It requires assistance from some astronomer.

2) Penumbral Lunar eclipse on 7.8.2009 (in India & on 6.8.2009 in some parts of the world) shall start at 04.34 IST & shall end at 07.44 IST

Following site gives details of the start & end of Lunar eclipse (penumbral) on 7.8.2009.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEplot/LEplot2001/LE2009Aug06N.pdf

3) Now clarification of the reply given on start & ending time of eclipse; as interpreted by Sh USR Ji :

Eclipse is a celestial phenomenon. Its starting & ending time in a particular locality is different from those in the world. Panchangs also give start & ending moments of the eclipse in different cities, as well as for the world. BUT, there is a specific duration during which the eclipse is effective on the earth (astrologically); in respect of umbra & penumbra durations.

4) Now the question arises whether one should consider the eclipse duration for ones locality or celestial duration of the eclipse.

In my opinion the whole duration during for which an eclipse in current celestially, should be considered as the period of eclipse for rituals as well as for astrological purposes – irrespective of the fact that it is visible for a shorter duration in the specific locality of an individual or whether it is not visible in ones locality.

This opinion is corroborated by the fact that even when an eclipse is not visible in India, the habitants in India do fast & perform the required rituals. And also prohibit the usage of the said sullied constellation in good elections.

Therefore visibility of an eclipse in a locality is for astronomical reference & not for astrological purpose. Please note that only entering in umbra should be considered & not penumbra – my opinion.

Therefore the fact is that solar eclipse be considered as starting from 05.28 IST & ending at 10.42 IST on 22.7.2009.; for ritual as well astrological applications.

As per dictums of electional astrology, constellation(s) of the Moon current during the eclipse period are prohibited in good elections. There is no reference whether the said eclipse is visible in the locality of the aspirant or not. This is because the said constellation gets sullied, and becomes unfit for good elections. Duration for which it is unfit for good elections depends upon the intensity of the eclipse.

5) The opinion expressed by Sh USR ji that “During the eclipse Chandra loses its power so all the individuals lose their dasa effects during the period.” It is indeed frightening for those having Moon Dasha or Anter Dasha.

In my experience those birth anniversary falling during the eclipse period suffer heavily is some aspect of their life. BUT they do NOT lose “EVERY THING” in the current year.

… V K Shridhar

I am facing some issues w.r.t growth in my career and would request the masters to give their opinion for the cause and possible solution.

Will provide the details as needed