IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
SubashRao

Human body is built to eat animals also - explained by a Muslim

Rate this topic

If I remember correctly,

the Vietnam attack Helicopter squadron commander said in the 1979 movie,

"Apocalypse Now" --"I love the smell of prosciutto in the Morning".

It's the story of an Army General gone insane --who is stalked by a special agent assassin . . .

My point is 'It takes one to know one' ---or else it just goes by without being noticed. The gross acts are carried out by a culture of gross afficinados.

If this is cryptic --I apollogise.

But a dead carcass is very evident of how it symbolises the culture from which it sprang . . .

1. A Muslim can be a pure vegetarian

A Muslim can be a very good Muslim despite being a pure vegetarian. It is not compulsory for a Muslim to have non-vegetarian food.

And here it is. Since you can be a good Muslim by eatting a pure vegetarian diet then why not do it instead of defending cruel animal slaughter just to taste bloody flesh?

Thus you could also fulfill the statement above where it is said:

Islam enjoins mercy and compassion for all living creatures.

In the name of Allah sir, please follow the instruction to be a compassionate Muslim and stop slaughtering helpless creatures to fill your belly.

2. Qur'an permits Muslims to have non-vegetarian food

It may indeed. But I do not accept your book as eternal scripture. It is some guidance for people of the 14th century on how to live in the circumstances in which they found themselves, IOW how to make the best use of a bad bargain.

As pointed out above you must choose which part of the quaran you intend to follow. The part that says you must be compassionate to all creatures or the part that tells you it is OK to slaughter innocent animals.

As you said above one can be a good Muslim and also be a pure vegetarian.

Is it not also true that you cannot be a good Muslim and ignore the injunctions to be compassionate to all creatures?

It is obvious that to be a good Muslim you have some serious decisions to make regarding this issue in your own life.

3. Meat is nutritious and rich in complete protein

Non-vegetarian food is a good source of excellent protein. It contains biologically complete protein i.e. all the 8 essential amino acid that are not synthesized by the body and should be supplied in the diet. Meat also contains iron, vitamin B1 and niacin.

So is human flesh. So what?

The erroneous idea that one needs to eat complete protein at the same meal was put out by a lady in the 1960's who came to an opposite view a few years later.

The human body arranges amino acids into the needed types of proteins continuously and not just after digesting one particular meal. This argument is decades old. You should update your arguments.

I haven't eaten meat since 1971. I get way more than enough protein through a diet rich in beans legumes nuts and seeds. You should look up the protein vitamin and mineral contents of these foods and it will help disabuse you of the notion that you need meat for protein and health.

Pranam

For those who want to eat animal flesh will find any excuse under the sun, so its hardly surprising to find they actually distort meaning, by inserting words and also omit certain line.

6. Hindu scriptures give permission to have non-vegetarian food

No they dont, read on

It is mentioned in Manu Smruti, the law book of Hindus, in chapter 5 verse 30

"The eater who eats the flesh of those to be eaten does nothing bad, even if he does it day after day, for God himself created some to be eaten and some to be eater."

Actual Verse

30. The eater who daily even devours those destined to be his food, commits no sin; for the creator himself created both the eaters and those who are to be eaten (for those special purposes).

We know one living entity is dependent on another. That is what we can see and that is what Vedas tell us jive jivese jivanum now we could easily use this as a lisence to kill and enjoy and contrast this with thou shell not kill in the bible and yet we see the opposite, why, because we follow the higher doctrine of ahimsa.

What I find so sad of muslims is that they wish peace in their greating to one another yet they lack in their action

Again next verse of Manu Smruti, that is, chapter 5 verse 31 says

"Eating meat is right for the sacrifice, this is traditionally known as a rule of the gods."

Further in Manu Smruti chapter 5 verse 39 and 40 says

You convinently omited full verse, here it is

31. 'The consumption of meat (is befitting) for sacrifices,' that is declared to be a rule made by the Gods; but to persist (in using it) on other (occasions) is said to be a proceeding worthy of Rakshasas.

And then if we read further which our friend deliberately remains ignorant about for obvious reaons, makes it abuntly clear what we human should not eat.

Chapter 5

48. Meat can never be obtained without injury to living creatures, and injury to sentient beings is detrimental to (the attainment of) heavenly bliss; let him therefore shun (the use of) meat.

49. Having well considered the (disgusting) origin of flesh and the (cruelty of) fettering and slaying corporeal beings, let him entirely abstain from eating flesh.

50. He who, disregarding the rule (given above), does not eat meat like a Pisaka, becomes dear to men, and will not be tormented by diseases.

51. He who permits (the slaughter of an animal), he who cuts it up, he who kills it, he who buys or sells (meat), he who cooks it, he who serves it up, and he who eats it, (must all be considered as) the slayers (of the animal).

52. There is no greater sinner than that (man) who, though not worshipping the gods or the manes, seeks to increase (the bulk of) his own flesh by the flesh of other (beings).

53. He who during a hundred years annually offers a horse-sacrifice, and he who entirely abstains from meat, obtain the same reward for their meritorious (conduct).

Jai Shree Krishna

Bravo Ganeshprasad! I knew it just be a matter of time before someone came and posted the original scriptural verses. You have done great good for the readers of this forum!

In this way also Zaik Nakir (man in video) misquotes. It seems to be a common practise by these types of preachers to always misquote scripture in order to justify their insatiable greed and lust. Truly is despicable. But what is saddening is that there will be many hindus who will come and read those posts made by these cheaters and accept it as fact without investigating their validity.

Also Theist, your rebuttal is excellent too and truly combats the idiocy of the pro flesh eating propagandist argument above. Thanks very much.

4. Humans have Omnivorous set of teeth

If you observe the teeth of herbivorous animals like the cow, goat and sheep, you will find something strikingly similar in all of them. All these animals have a set of flat teeth i.e. suited for herbivorous diet. If you observe the set of teeth of the carnivorous animals like the lion, tiger, or leopard, they all have a set of pointed teeth i.e. suited for a carnivorous diet. If you analyze the set of teeth of humans, you find that they have flat teeth as well as pointed teeth. Thus they have teeth suited for both herbivorous as well as carnivorous food i.e. they are omnivorous. One may ask, if Almighty God wanted humans to have only vegetables, why did He provide us also with pointed teeth? It is logical that He expected us to need and to have both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food.

He provide canine teeth for tearing flesh. This is also in the Srimad Bhagavatam. In human society there are different levels of human beings.

Some humans want to taste flesh irregardless of the animals suffering. There are primitive tribals who use their canine teeth to rip apart the most obnoxious things like pig liver, snakes, and other humans. God fulfills the desires of the demons and the angels.

Human life is meant to be following the path of the angels. Do you think there are slaughterhouses in heaven??

5. Human beings can digest both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food

The digestive system of herbivorous animals can digest only vegetables. The digestive system of carnivorous animals can digest only meat. But the digestive system of humans can digest both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. If Almighty God wanted us to have only vegetables then why did He give us a digestive system that can digest both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food?

Another meaningless argument. The human body can also digest other humans? Sheesh is this the best you can do?

6. Hindu scriptures give permission to have non-vegetarian food

Ganeshprasad has already more than adequately dealt with this misrepresentation of the vedic viewpoint in his post #30 on page.

Readers should go straight to post thirty to get the clear view of the Manu Samhita instructions on the meat issue.

7. Hinduism was influenced by other religions

Though Hindu Scriptures permit its followers to have non-vegetarian food, many Hindus adopted the vegetarian system because they were influenced by other religions like Jainism.

I'll let the Hindus here deal with this one.

8. Even plants have life

Certain religions have adopted pure vegetarianism as a dietary law because they are totally against the killing of living creatures. If a person can survive without killing any living creature, I would be the first person to adopt such a way of life. In the past people thought plants were lifeless. Today it is a universal fact that even plants have life. Thus their logic of not killing living creatures is not fulfilled even by being a pure vegetarian.

This is true. It is impossible to live in the material world without killing. We have no choice. Even breathing or brushing our teeth involves killing. This is why the material world is also called Martya-loka, the place of death.

However we do have a choice in in what we kill and the amount of suffering we cause to other creatures when it comes to what eat. To try and equate eating a salad with slitting an animals throat though is pure silliness.

8. Even plants have life

Certain religions have adopted pure vegetarianism as a dietary law because they are totally against the killing of living creatures. If a person can survive without killing any living creature, I would be the first person to adopt such a way of life. In the past people thought plants were lifeless. Today it is a universal fact that even plants have life. Thus their logic of not killing living creatures is not fulfilled even by being a pure vegetarian

We hardly kill plants when we reap the harvest of grains.The plants reach end of their life.This is explained in detail at the thread

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/spiritual-discussions/453837-excellent-answers-become-vegetarian-his-holiness-sripada-sugunendra-theertha.html

by princeofpeace

2. Qur'an permits Muslims to have non-vegetarian food

The Qur'an, however permits a Muslim to have non-vegetarian food. The following Qur'anic verses are proof of this fact:

"O ye who believe! Fulfil (all) obligations. Lawful unto you (for food) are all four-footed animals with the exceptions named." [Al-Qur'an 5:1]

"And cattle Hehas created for you (men): from them Ye derive warmth, and numerous benefits, And of their (meat) ye eat." [Al-Qur'an 16:5]

"And in cattle (too) ye have an instructive example: From within their bodies We produce (milk) for you to drink; there are, in them, (besides), numerous (other) benefits for you; and of their (meat) ye eat." [Al-Qur'an 23:21]

Er ... Maybe I didn't read properly but could someone show me WHERE did Muslims' Allah allows non-vegetarian food for Muslims?

All the verses above seems to show that animals are for consumptions (meat) only, which contradicts with PrinceofPeace's statement that their Allah permits non-Vegetarian diet.

9. Even plants can feel pain

They further argue that plants cannot feel pain, therefore killing a plant is a lesser crime as compared to killing an animal. Today science tells us that even plants can feel pain. But the cry of the plant cannot be heard by the human being. This is due to the inability of the human ear to hear sounds that are not in the audible range i.e. 20 Hertz to 20,000 Hertz. Anything below and above this range cannot be heard by a human being. A dog can hear up to 40,000 Hertz. Thus there are silent dog whistles that have a frequency of more than 20,000 Hertz and less than 40,000 Hertz. These whistles are only heard by dogs and not by human beings. The dog recognizes the masters whistle and comes to the master. There was research done by a farmer in U.S.A. who invented an instrument which converted the cry of the plant so that it could be heard by human beings. He was able to realize immediately when the plant itself cried for water. Latest researches show that the plants can even feel happy and sad. It can also cry.

No denying that plants are living things and have a degree of sentience. You may be interested in the work of Chandra Bose who in the late 1800's invented a sensing machine that could read the emotional reaction of plants. I saw this demonstrated on TV in the late 1960's. Sensors were attached to a plant and a member of the audience was given a pair of scissors and told to cut a leaf of the plant.

As the p3erson with the scissors started towards the plant the plant registered a sever reaction which we were told measured it's fear. Now this was before the person with scissors even touched the plant. Somehow the plant picked up on the intent of the person to cut it and reacted to that.

Now consider how the sheep or cow feels when someone comes towards it with a knife to cut it's throat. Think of this next time you start to eat the flesh of some slaughtered beast. Think of how they suffered for your need to taste their bloody flesh.

All you have done with this arguement is to strengthen our side's position to cause as little suffering as possible to others whle on Earth.

9. Even plants can feel pain

They further argue that plants cannot feel pain, therefore killing a plant is a lesser crime as compared to killing an animal. Today science tells us that even plants can feel pain. But the cry of the plant cannot be heard by the human being. This is due to the inability of the human ear to hear sounds that are not in the audible range i.e. 20 Hertz to 20,000 Hertz. Anything below and above this range cannot be heard by a human being. A dog can hear up to 40,000 Hertz. Thus there are silent dog whistles that have a frequency of more than 20,000 Hertz and less than 40,000 Hertz. These whistles are only heard by dogs and not by human beings. The dog recognizes the masters whistle and comes to the master. There was research done by a farmer in U.S.A. who invented an instrument which converted the cry of the plant so that it could be heard by human beings. He was able to realize immediately when the plant itself cried for water. Latest researches show that the plants can even feel happy and sad. It can also cry.

No denying that plants are living things and have a degree of sentience. You may be interested in the work of Chandra Bose who in the late 1800's invented a sensing machine that could read the emotional reaction of plants. I saw this demonstrated on TV in the late 1960's. Sensors were attached to a plant and a member of the audience was given a pair of scissors and told to cut a leaf of the plant.

As the person with the scissors started towards the plant the plant registered a sever reaction which we were told measured it's fear. Now this was before the person with scissors even touched the plant. Somehow the plant picked up on the intent of the person to cut it and reacted to that. The plant was never physically harmed.

Now consider how the sheep or cow feels when someone comes towards it with a knife to cut it's throat. Think of this next time you start to eat the flesh of some slaughtered beast. Think of how they suffered for your need to taste their bloody flesh.

All you have done with this argument is to strengthen our side's position to cause as little suffering as possible to others while on Earth.

By looking at the Title.. I see another Hypothesis cropping in the mind of another friend:

Human body is built to eat Human also - explained by a CANNIBAL

You could be surprised to learn that in some earlier civilizations, there are traces of humans eating human remains to survive during harsh times. Most of this civilizations which allowed cannibalism have perished by 1900s.

You could be surprised to learn that in some earlier civilizations, there are traces of humans eating human remains to survive during harsh times.

In some tribes [pacific Ocean], I believe it still exists.

As far as I know India, the Ancient India more precisely is the only country which promoted the concepts of Sacrifice [Diet] when needed for the sake of principle:

Raghukul Reeti sadah Chali ayi, praan jae par vachan na jae.

There were instances where Gandhi showed his determination even when put into harsh situation but he sticked to the principles, for example FAST TILL DEATH etc.

Or the going through Santhara by Acharya Vinoda Bhave.

In most civilizations since Ancient times, we could see that relying on Meat dietary have caused extinctions to that civilizations.

Animal herding takes too much space and a lot of grass to keep and care for. Goat and cows induce in increasing deserts by destroying the top soil grass in African Continents.

In Brazil, Paraquay and Venzuela, miles and miles of forests are being cleared for beef industry, which contributes to Global warming. The fishing industry is slowly killing off the oceans as well.

All this and many more such examples are reasons why Humanity should let go of the meat dietary and choose Vegetarian Dietary.

In most civilizations since Ancient times, we could see that relying on Meat dietary have caused extinctions to that civilizations.

Animal herding takes too much space and a lot of grass to keep and care for. Goat and cows induce in increasing deserts by destroying the top soil grass in African Continents.

In Brazil, Paraquay and Venzuela, miles and miles of forests are being cleared for beef industry, which contributes to Global warming. The fishing industry is slowly killing off the oceans as well.

All this and many more such examples are reasons why Humanity should let go of the meat dietary and choose Vegetarian Dietary.

I'll certainly concur with that.

The common mass however, before understanding that, will have to overcome their Slavery to Taste... many are blinded by that.

Explaining that to Zakir & Co. is like filling water in a basket.

Christians eat animal meat simply because Jesus taught his disciples that what goes inside the mouth isn`t sinful but that which comes from the heart. But there`s not a verse in the New Testament of the Bible that says Jesus ate animal meat but fish. Confusing isn`t it?

Would we then consider that eating fish, crabs, shrimps, clams etc. a lesser evil than eating animal meat and vegetables?

You have a great point...

Bhima was surely a non-vegetarian but still he was a liberated soul and what Jesus said is relevant also. But in Truth, eating becomes secondary in comparison to the state of our heart and that also is puny is comparison to the LOVE we have for the Father.

Nevertheless, all interconnected is some way or the others and the more one is austere, the more one is nearer to the Lord.