IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
melvin

Srila Prabhupada`s dearmost son

Rate this topic

HISTORY tells us that from the beginning he held unrivalled position of the most intimate and faithful servitor of Srila Sridhar Maharaj, the Founder President Acharya of Sri Caitanya Saraswat Math located in Nabadwip, West Bengal, India. Srila Sridhar Maharaj revealed his wish that Srila Govinda Maharaj would occupy the position of his successor in the future whose lotus feet also enjoyed the long intimate association of Om Visnupad Srila AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj who referred to him as his " dearmost son. "

The question is this: If Srila Govinda Maharaj is Srila Prabhupada`s dearmost son, why is it not possible for ISKCON to join hands and rally with him? Is it because Srila Govinda Maharaj is a Sevaite-President Acharya?

http://www.scsmath.com

PRIOR to his departure from the world in 1977, Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj instructed his followers to take spiritual consultation and guidance from Srila Sridhar Maharaj

So, there you are. Srila Sridhar Maharaj is Srila Prabhupada`s successor. And in turn Srila Sridhar Maharaj appointed Srila Govinda Maharaj as his successor after the former departed in 1986, or 9 years after Srila Prabhupada departed in 1977.

http://www.scsmath.com

Sridhar Maharaja has taught that the flow of transcendental current flows like a crooked river and not a straight line. Don't try to trace the sampradaya in this way melvin. It is far more subtle.

A river can have many branches running off going in different directions at the same time. it is not the direction of the flow that is important it is the quality of the water.

I just started again yesterday with the The Golden Volcano of Divine Love by Sridhar Maharaja. What a blessing.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja often spoke of the danger of trying to control the free flow of faith. Many devotees have taken shelter of Sripad Govinda Maharaja's guidance. Forcing everyone to do so would be contrary to everything we've been taught by our acharyas. (The same goes for those who insist we must all take shelter of Sripad Narayana Maharaja's guidance.)

Sridhar Maharaja has taught that the flow of transcendental current flows like a crooked river and not a straight line. Don't try to trace the sampradaya in this way melvin. It is far more subtle.

A river can have many branches running off going in different directions at the same time. it is not the direction of the flow that is important it is the quality of the water.

I just started again yesterday with the The Golden Volcano of Divine Love by Sridhar Maharaja. What a blessing.

Srila Sridhar Maharaj left a testament or will who should be his successor when he departs unlike Om Visnupad AC Bhaktivedanta Maharaj who didn`t leave any. ISKCON after Srila Prabhupad left on 1977 became a boat without a steering wheel. Her senior members should have foreseen that. When it was time to install another one in the person of Srila Sridhar Maharaj, ISKCON didn`t make a wise move. ISKCON and SCS Math should be in the same boat as one with Srila Govinda Maharaj( when Srila Sridhar Maharaj departed on 1986) by now as steering wheel(bonafied). Otherwise, it will get stuck forever in the mud of the crooked river.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja often spoke of the danger of trying to control the free flow of faith. Many devotees have taken shelter of Sripad Govinda Maharaja's guidance. Forcing everyone to do so would be contrary to everything we've been taught by our acharyas. (The same goes for those who insist we must all take shelter of Sripad Narayana Maharaja's guidance.)

Sripad Narayana Maharaj is not the chosen one but His Divine Grace Srila Govinda Maharaj. Krsna Bhaktas need someone alive to lead them by example. The bonafied and authorized guide whom the Krsna Bhaktas should follow is Srila Govinda Maharaj, the dearmost son of Srila Prabhupada. One( Srila Govinda Maharaj) has the confidence while the other (Sripad Narayan Maharaj) has none.

Srila Sridhar Maharaj left a testament or will who should be his successor when he departs unlike Om Visnupad AC Bhaktivedanta Maharaj who didn`t leave any. ISKCON after Srila Prabhupad left on 1977 became a boat without a steering wheel. Her senior members should have foreseen that. When it was time to install another one in the person of Srila Sridhar Maharaj, ISKCON didn`t make a wise move. ISKCON and SCS Math should be in the same boat as one with Srila Govinda Maharaj( when Srila Sridhar Maharaj departed on 1986) by now as steering wheel(bonafied). Otherwise, it will get stuck forever in the mud of the crooked river.

The wise will leave this topic far behind them in their search for the true Word of God, the real transcendental sound spoken by the true representative of Krishna.

For those that want to hear Reality, heresay testimony will never satisfy.

The wise will leave this topic far behind them in their search for the true Word of God, the real transcendental sound spoken by the true representative of Krishna.

For those that want to hear Reality, heresay testimony will never satisfy.

Just one look at Srila Govinda Maharaj tells me he is the one. He may not have accomplished what Srila AC Bhaktivedanta Maharaj(ISKCON) and Srila Sridhar Maharaj(SCS Math) did but it`s enough for me to say that it`s not heresay.( http://www.scsmath.com)

The Nabadwip Scooter Ride.

Calling your method heresay has nothing to do with the qualifications of any individual or particular situation. It has to do with how you are arriving at your conclusion.

Calling your method heresay has nothing to do with the qualifications of any individual or particular situation. It has to do with how you are arriving at your conclusion.

So, it`s my conclusion that`s hearsay to you. All I`m just saying as what I`ve read on SCS Math`s official website is that Srila Govinda Maharaj has been referred to as Srila Prabhupad`s dearmost son (are there any in ISKCON?) Since, Srila Sridhar Maharaj has appointed Srila Govinda Maharaj as SCS Math`s President after the former departed in 1986, common sense tells me that for Lord Caitanya`s sankirtan movement to succeed without impediment, the best choice is Srila Govinda Maharaj. That ISKCON and SCS Math band together as one with Srila Govinda Maharaj taking the lead. But if this doesn`t work maybe you should learn from the Catholic Church how she elects a new Pope.

So, it`s my conclusion that`s hearsay to you.

NO, that is not the point. It is how you arrived at the conclusion that is heresay IMO. We don't come to recognize Krishna's devotee by listening to others tell us who appointed who.

Your idea that there is a "chosen son" is problematic. Anyone who is a true disciple of Srila Prabhupada is a chosen son, including his female embodied disciples. There could be thousands and in fact it is always the guru's desire that all his disciples rise to the transcendental platform and liberate others into Krishna consciousness.

Now if an acarya has a preaching institution he may designate a particular person or group of people to head it up but guru means a knower and lover of God and that is something that comes to be from within the disciple.

Perhaps Krishna is pointing you to Govinda Maharaja. The point is only Krishna reveals someone's Guru to them.

Remember when Jesus was baptised by John and the Lord's voice said "this is my good son in whom I am well pleased"?

NO, that is not the point. It is how you arrived at the conclusion that is heresay IMO. We don't come to recognize Krishna's devotee by listening to others tell us who appointed who.

My View: So, you don`t like to be told.

Your idea that there is a "chosen son" is problematic. Anyone who is a true disciple of Srila Prabhupada is a chosen son, including his female embodied disciples. There could be thousands and in fact it is always the guru's desire that all his disciples rise to the transcendental platform and liberate others into Krishna consciousness.

My View: I`m concerned how ISKCON is managed. The Hare Krsna temple here in Pagsabungan Road, Basak, Mandanue City, Cebu closed. The Krsna Bhaktas has nowhere to go. ISKCON needs a President like Srila Govinda Maharaj.

Now if an acarya has a preaching institution he may designate a particular person or group of people to head it up but guru means a knower and lover of God and that is something that comes to be from within the disciple.

My View: That`s precisely my point. I always thought The Hare Krsna temple here would bloom into several temples around Cebu. The reason is that ISKCON appointed Krsna Bhaktas from Manila to manage the temple. She should have chosen one that came from Cebu.

Perhaps Krishna is pointing you to Govinda Maharaja. The point is only Krishna reveals someone's Guru to them.

My View: How does Krsna reveals someone`s Guru to them? It`s through instruments not visions or dreams.

Remember when Jesus was baptised by John and the Lord's voice said "this

is my good son in whom I am well pleased"?

My View: That was in Jesus time when there were no loud speakers then. But it`s different now because of the internet. People are well-informed today than yesterday. If the internet existed in Srila Prabhupad`s time, ISKCON would have a new leader by now to lead her to the promise land.

All I know is that I am glad all I have done with Krsna Consciousness is read the books and do my best to practically apply this knowledge to my life instead of having personal involvement in all these guru wars. I have read and tried my best to understand these same disputes from various factions that have been going on for years and it seems there is never any kind clear resolution when it is all said and done. I keep things simple and I figure if Prabhupada didn't want people reading the books he wouldn't have distributed them to the public.

I even get the rare priviledge of conveying some of this knowledge to people every now and then. Just today I posted on a conspiracy website about how at the end of the Kali-yuga the Kalki-avatar is going to incarnate and ride around on a white horse and chop the heads off of all the irreligous Kings and rulers in the world and restore religion to man. The responses were good and they thought that story is badass.

All I know is that I am glad all I have done with Krsna Consciousness is read the books and do my best to practically apply this knowledge to my life instead of having personal involvement in all these guru wars. I have read and tried my best to understand these same disputes from various factions that have been going on for years and it seems there is never any kind clear resolution when it is all said and done. I keep things simple and I figure if Prabhupada didn't want people reading the books he wouldn't have distributed them to the public.

My View: The problem is how to sell Srila Prabhupad`s books today.ISKCON needs a new strategy. There are lots of Prabhupad`s books consigned and stored that have gathered dusts. They might as well donate them to schools here who are interested in Hindu religion and culture.

I even get the rare priviledge of conveying some of this knowledge to people every now and then. Just today I posted on a conspiracy website about how at the end of the Kali-yuga the Kalki-avatar is going to incarnate and ride around on a white horse and chop the heads off of all the irreligous Kings and rulers in the world and restore religion to man. The responses were good and they thought that story is badass.

My View: That`s not what Srila Prabhupad wants. He wants his books to be read. If you could convince in that forum members to read Srila Prabhupad`s books then I consider this a break through.

My view: The only way for people to get interested in Vedanta is to be exposed to it. If they develop an interest they will read the books simple as that. You can't force it on people. You put the information out there and see what happens, I don't believe in religion by force unless you are somehow especially empowered by Krishna for such a mission and the only way things work for me is when I am polite and just inject a Krishna Conscious story into the conversation then leave it at that.

My view: The only way for people to get interested in Vedanta is to be exposed to it. If they develop an interest they will read the books simple as that. You can't force it on people. You put the information out there and see what happens, I don't believe in religion by force unless you are somehow especially empowered by Krishna for such a mission and the only way things work for me is when I am polite and just inject a Krishna Conscious story into the conversation then leave it at that.

Of course, we can`t force someone who doesn`t like to hear Vedanta not even those who are interested. Take for example drug reps who want to sell pharmaceutical drugs. They will have to convince first the doctors to prescribe them or else no one will buy these drugs consigned and stored in the drugstores. Similarly, if you can convince say, a school administrator to buy Srila Prabhupad`s books as the school`s official textbook on Hindu religion and culture then that would be considered a break through. ISKCON needs professional reps to sell Srila Prabhupad`s books. To do so, these professional book reps have to be given incentives and commisions for every Srila Prabhupad book sold.

I don't have any problem with your systematic approach its just all the guru wars that go along with it are rather distasteful to the public and I think it gives the reputation to the pubic of Krishna Conscious Movement of it being a dangerous personality cult. Your approach would be fine in my opinion if all the different sects would leave each other alone, not encroach on each others property and try to celebrate each others accomplishments in speading Vedanta and waking up the sheeple.

I don't have any problem with your systematic approach its just all the guru wars that go along with it are rather distasteful to the public and I think it gives the reputation to the pubic of Krishna Conscious Movement of it being a dangerous personality cult. Your approach would be fine in my opinion if all the different sects would leave each other alone, not encroach on each others property and try to celebrate each others accomplishments in speading Vedanta and waking up the sheeple.

My View: That is just an impression. People who are interested in Hindu religion and culture after they have read Srila Prabhupad`s books will want more and delete from their minds that Krsna consciousness is a cult but a way of life. Those who are in-charge of distributing and selling Srila Prabhupad`s books know this. What`s holding them back from agressively selling these wonderful Krsna books is the unconditional support they want from the top.

Fair enough. I do not know exactly who is the top and why people are waiting for support from them to distribute Prabhupada's books. From my understanding both Prabhupada and his guru emphasized book distribution over anything else in the Kali-yuga so I don't understand why people need authorization from the top as it seems they already got it if Prabhupada and his guru truly are representatives of Krishna.

Fair enough. I do not know exactly who is the top and why people are waiting for support from them to distribute Prabhupada's books. From my understanding both Prabhupada and his guru emphasized book distribution over anything else in the Kali-yuga so I don't understand why people need authorization from the top as it seems they already got it if Prabhupada and his guru truly are representatives of Krishna.

My View: Maybe it`s got to do with the proceeds of the sale from Srila Prabhupada`s books. How it should be managed. Should it go to reprinting on a NEW Edition of Srila Prabhupad`s purports in re-tuning it to the present times? Something like that, I guess, not considering other factors.