IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
melvin

Our Goal is Love

Rate this topic

I`ve created this thread simply because it seems everyone here in this spiritual discussion forum is only interested in being one with God or simultaneously one with but different from God. We have lost the very essence of what all the sages, Gurus, incarnates, and even God Himself has been trying to convey to us since time immemorial. That our goal is Love!

There can never be oneness with God or devotional service to God if we don`t know what is Love!

1 Corinthians 13:1-13, " Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It doesn`t boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love doesn`t delight in evil but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always perserveres. Love never fails."

Now, I know why Kaliyuga never leaves. It`s because we stopped learning what Love is all about.

I`ve created this thread simply because it seems everyone here in this spiritual discussion forum is only interested in being one with God or simultaneously one with but different from God. We have lost the very essence of what all the sages, Gurus, incarnates, and even God Himself has been trying to convey to us since time immemorial. That our goal is Love!

There can never be oneness with God or devotional service to God if we don`t know what is Love!

1 Corinthians 13:1-13, " Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It doesn`t boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love doesn`t delight in evil but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always perserveres. Love never fails."

Now, I know why Kaliyuga never leaves. It`s because we stopped learning what Love is all about.

Love? Go and teach that to your Christians first. Because as far as I know, Christians do not know what Love is and they do not appreciate Life either.

Abortions, Adultery, Children out of wedlocks, teenagers having sex when they turn 16 and so many more corruptions occurs in US and Europe. At least Hindus are well enough to know what Morale and Ethics are and live their lives accordingly. That is respectable AND admirable.

People like you do not know what it means to be One with God. Do you think every tom, dick and harry can do that? In order to become One with God, One MUST make him or her clean - physically, mentally AND Spiritually. That is what Hindus are doing and Hindus should be proud that they have a noble goal in life. They should not entertain people like Christians and Muslims.

Ahh...how refreshing. A ray of light shines through all the wordy head games played out here.

Thanks Melvin

Here`s a song for you Theist, my friend.

The Greatest Love of All

By George Benson

I believe the children are our future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children`s laughter

Reminds us how used to be

Everybody`s searching for a hero

People need someone to look up to

I never found anyone who fulfills my need

A lonely place to be

So I learned to depend on me

Chrous

I decided that long ago never to walk in anyone`s shadow

If I fail if I succeed at least I live as I believed

No matter what they take from me

they can`t take away my dignity

The greatest love of all is easy to achieve

learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all

I believe the children are our future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children`s laughter reminds us how

we used to be.

Chorus

And if by chance that special place

that you been dreaming of

Leads you to a lonely place

Find your strength in love

-----------

Music, indeed, is the language of the soul

Love? Go and teach that to your Christians first. Because as far as I know, Christians do not know what Love is and they do not appreciate Life either.

Abortions, Adultery, Children out of wedlocks, teenagers having sex when they turn 16 and so many more corruptions occurs in US and Europe. At least Hindus are well enough to know what Morale and Ethics are and live their lives accordingly. That is respectable AND admirable.

People like you do not know what it means to be One with God. Do you think every tom, dick and harry can do that? In order to become One with God, One MUST make him or her clean - physically, mentally AND Spiritually. That is what Hindus are doing and Hindus should be proud that they have a noble goal in life. They should not entertain people like Christians and Muslims.

sephiroth your full of hatreed and enmity.Your avtar of some yantra or whatever shows are you some kind of tantric of something.You look like you walk with a gun ready to shoot anybody without using your head.

Ans: Is this what you call, " sour graping" ?

Ans: I live in the Philippines, the only Christian nation in Asia.

Ans: My brother, Sephiroth. Aren`t we all children of God?

sephiroth your full of hatreed and enmity.Your avtar of some yantra or whatever shows are you some kind of tantric of something.You look like you walk with a gun ready to shoot anybody without using your head.

Sant, my dear friend. You always come to my rescue. There`s no greater love than this.

Sant, my dear friend. You always come to my rescue. There`s no greater love than this.

.Hes been doing this earlier also.Muslims are my enemy.dont forget this etc.Hes been affected by the muslims destroying hindu temples in malaysia.

by melvin

Ans: I live in the Philippines, the only Christian nation in Asia.

And do you know HOW Christianity came to Philiphines? It came with the whips of Spanish Invaders. :rolleyes:

Ans: My brother, Sephiroth. Aren`t we all children of God?

I'm ain't no brother of yours. And NO, I have no brothers (or sisters) who are Christians (or Muslim for that matter). My God did not teach me to worship a dead man, nor is my God a dead god.

You are the only enlightened person here. Its for the love the world lives and its for the love the universe is made of.

At least Hindus are well enough to know what Morale and Ethics are and live their lives accordingly. That is respectable AND admirable.

This is the funniest post and i cant stop my self laughing. In India there are more dirt than anywhere else. Corruption, Poverty, Child Labor, No.1 in AIDS, Unhealthy food as a result of lethal capitalism, unemployment, starvation of the good, harm to women,lack of good drinking water, Priests indulged in wrong things, workers given low wages, Good food only for the rich- this don't happen in the western world,caste discrimination and the list goes on.............................

This is what should be respected and admirable?:mad2:

This is the funniest post and i cant stop my self laughing. In India there are more dirt than anywhere else. Corruption, Poverty, Child Labor,Unhealthy food as a result of lethal capitalism,unemployment,starvation of the good, harm to women,lack of good drinking water, Priests indulged in wrong things, workers given low wages, Good food only for the rich- this don't happen in the western world,caste discrimination and the list goes on.............................

Good ... let the Hindus here read what sort of people Christians truly are. :rolleyes:

Hindus have been closing their eyes toward the Harms Christians and Muslims have been doing to them, to India and to Hinduism in general. Your posts will be a valuable lessons from which they learn this harsh lessons from.

This is the funniest post and i cant stop my self laughing. In India there are more dirt than anywhere else. Corruption, Poverty, Child Labor, No.1 in AIDS, Unhealthy food as a result of lethal capitalism, unemployment, starvation of the good, harm to women,lack of good drinking water, Priests indulged in wrong things, workers given low wages, Good food only for the rich- this don't happen in the western world,caste discrimination and the list goes on.............................

im not defending anyone but being indian myself i know that such a statement is largely ( if not totally ) untrue and is resulting out of improper analyzation .

its not true that In India there are more dirt than anywhere else. all nations have had their pros and cons and will continue to do so . india after years of exploitation and sufferings have accumulated a lot of problems , but that doesnt make them the dirtiest nation !!

most problems are directly related to poverty . and harm to women and priest indulging in wrong things has far greater occurance in west than in india !!

the casteism that you are speaking about is also there in west . in fact it is within the mental setup of mankind . here we discriminate on caste and back in western nations you discriminate between colour and race . the same psychology finding expression in different modes through certain nasty individuals !!

im not trying to show that west is all bad ............just showing you the faults and inadequacy in your biased statement :)

1 Corinthians 13:1-13, " Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It doesn`t boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs.

Plenty of love in corinthians; forget for a moment leveticus, duetoronomy etc

Corinthians 16:22,10:7, 10:10, 7:21- 23

im not defending anyone but being indian myself i know that such a statement is largely ( if not totally ) untrue and is resulting out of improper analyzation .

its not true that In India there are more dirt than anywhere else. all nations have had their pros and cons and will continue to do so . india after years of exploitation and sufferings have accumulated a lot of problems , but that doesnt make them the dirtiest nation !!

most problems are directly related to poverty . and harm to women and priest indulging in wrong things has far greater occurance in west than in india !!

the casteism that you are speaking about is also there in west . in fact it is within the mental setup of mankind . here we discriminate on caste and back in western nations you discriminate between colour and race . the same psychology finding expression in different modes through certain nasty individuals !!

im not trying to show that west is all bad ............just showing you the faults and inadequacy in your biased statement :)

This also looks funny.You are comparing 'cancer' with 'cough'.

The main cause of most of the problems in this country is due to different Hindu Mythologies and discrimination by language. Hinduism is followed differently in different states in India with no uniqueness. Racism in west is viewed differently but in India racism is a result of different Hindu mythologies. It would be more dirt if you dig deep.

This also looks funny.You are comparing 'cancer' with 'cough'.

The main cause of most of the problems in this country is due to different Hindu Mythologies and discrimination by language. Hinduism is followed differently in different states in India with no uniqueness. Racism in west is viewed differently but in India racism is a result of different Hindu mythologies. It would be more dirt if you dig deep.

Corruption thats the problem.Not only in religion but all over.It is in every little occupation,hobby business.The once dharm following people of india are now corrupted.

Love is never a goal. Goals are created with your intellect. Love resides in your heart. Love for GOD is just there in your heart. You do not need explanations for that.

If a person does not Love GOD I do not think you can create it artificially. It is like the arranged marriages in India where the husband and wife are expected to fall in Love after marriage. Does not always happen.

If you want to LOVE listen to your heart.

Krishna is within you. Learn to recognize that and surrender to him. It is as easy as falling off a log.

What sort of Bhakthi and what will it bring? It is for him to decide.

A translation of my daily prayer

Fear and cowardice have taken over me. Kill them. I surrender.

I am always afraid of the consequences of my actions. Let your actions prevail. I surrender.

I do not know what is good or what is bad. Establish what is good and drive away that which is bad. I surrender.

Krishna Hridhayakamala Vasa !!!

Love is never a goal. Goals are created with your intellect. Love resides in your heart. Love for GOD is just there in your heart. You do not need explanations for that.

Ans: No wonder there`s no end to the topics( same dog different collar) being discussed in this forum precisely because the score on both sides is zero. These relentless discussions ironically should not end in hate and anger but love. See and read ( 1 Corinthians 1-13).

If a person does not Love GOD I do not think you can create it artificially. It is like the arranged marriages in India where the husband and wife are expected to fall in Love after marriage. Does not always happen.

Ans: The word love also means respect, truthfulness, doing good deeds, caring, thoughtfulness, kindness, protectiveness, etc.

If you want to LOVE listen to your heart.

Ans: If you listen to your heart using a stethoscope, the heart sounds you`ll hear are, " ...Lub.God...lub.God...lub.God." In short, it`s a reminder within our hearts to Love God, to Love God, to Love God always.

Krishna is within you. Learn to recognize that and surrender to him. It is as easy as falling off a log.

Ans: Yes, Love ( God ) is always present in our hearts and yet many of us here have acquired hate and anger. Why? It`s simply because we have not found our true Love who`s near and yet so far.

What sort of Bhakthi and what will it bring? It is for him to decide.

Ans: Our Bhakti is to Love God with all our hearts, ourselves as well as our neighbors.

A translation of my daily prayer

Fear and cowardice have taken over me. Kill them. I surrender.

Ans: We should eliminate the word kill in this prayer and change it with love. If the Iraqis didn`t fear America`s tomahawk missles, countless of them would have died. Yet they chose to ran away than being blasted to smiteerens from these incoming guided projectiles.

I am always afraid of the consequences of my actions. Let your actions prevail. I surrender.

Ans: You will never be afraid to face the consequences of your actions if Love is with you.

I do not know what is good or what is bad. Establish what is good and drive away that which is bad. I surrender.

Ans: Try learning what is good first so your actions later won`t be bad. Not the other way around.

Krishna Hridhayakamala Vasa !!!

Ans: Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya sarvam iti mahatma sudarlabha..

There are countless stories about Bhakthas. Especially about Krishna Bhaktas. These stories teach us what Love for Krishna is all about.

This is the story of Ghorakumbar, a devotee of Lord Panduranga. Gora lives by selling the clay pots. He is married and has one child. He spends most of his time singing about Lord Panduranga. He forgets everything when he is praying to the Lord. In one such instance he tramples upon his child and kills him. The wife is very sad about the loss of the child. Gora makes a promise he will never touch her and in case he touches her he will cut his hands. And one day he touches her and cuts his hands.

The story narrates how Panduranga tested his Bhakthi and rewarded him. His child is restored.

Many of the stories have not been translated into English.

Saranagathi is only about surrendering to the Lord. That is all. Loving humanity and neighbors, doing good deeds etc. just does not enter into the picture.

BTW that prayer that I had posted is part of a poem on Krishna written by a famous Bhaktha a couple of centuries back.:)