IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
melvin

Sri Kalki Bhagavan says...

Rate this topic

Well, I don’t think 'unbelief' is a deadly sin in Christianity.

The following christian site gives extensive quotes from bible to support the view that it is indeed a deadly sin.

http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=400

"What we do know is that either eternal torment in hell or eternal joy in heaven awaits all people after death, based on whether they trust in Christ’s payment for sin or reject Christ."."

Moreover, you may have the same kind of choice in mainstream Hinduism: Either surrender to God, or reincarnate..

Not the same kind of choice :). Surrender to god to reach god or reincarnate.Some people, who want to relive their lives in a better way, may not consider reincarnation as a punishment.

But again there is always a chance to reach god either in this life or in subsequent lives.In hinduism hell is not eternal for finite mistakes done in ONE life.

"the same kind of choice"?!!

According to Hindu dogma one should expect to receive reactions which are commensurate to actions.

Being tormented in a lake of fire for eternity for the 'sin' of unbelief doesn't sound commensurate to me.

And it is this dogma which is the primary distinguishing characteristic of the message

of Jesus. The rest is just rehashed Buddhist philosophy. From this I must conclude that the mindless

praise of Jesus as a teacher is simply based upon his popularity - there is no intellectual substance to it.

Well, I don’t think 'unbelief' is a deadly sin in Christianity. Moreover, you may have the same kind of choice in mainstream Hinduism: Either surrender to God, or reincarnate..

Dear Kishore please remember that Jesus taught his followers according to time and circumstance. So he told his followers "I am the only way". He told this to his followers specifically. He didn't come to India and tell the Gopis this... He didn't tell Narada Muni this..

Don't feel bad about it. It is just their ignorance that they can't understand why Jesus was saying that in the first place. It's not that other relgious processes may have been false, it is just where he was teaching a lot of people were so stupid they couldn't understand many things so Jesus had to treat his followers like children and make sure they strictly followed him. I am reminded of that verse where Jesus tells his followers that their ears are too full of wax to understand what he is teaching.

Think of this hypothetical example. God is an ocean and there are many rivers leading to the ocean. These rivers can be likened to the different processes or relgions one can take to reach God. So in this way God is unlimited and almighty. He is known in all universes not just in this earth planet. And so he is also has many names too. With that said it we can understand that there are different processes by which we can reach God. Unfortunately not everyone has intelligence to understand this point. So better you not try and argue with these people who are not so smart.

Thehat prabhu has put this beatutifully.

Just because the bible says that those who dont belevie in jesus will go to hell doesnt mean that those who dont beleive in krishna will not get liberated.

Even in our scriptures such things such as rama cutting of the head of a shudra,krishna running off the battle field were such that people like tenali ram who might not be hindus can question it.Remember his post.Does this make rama evil or krishna evil?

So do you have an answer to that.

In the bhagwat it is said that we shouldnt question or try to copy what great souls do.For example shiva drank the visha out of the ocean now if anyone else does it will it be right.still people Copy shambhu and have marijuana saying that he also has marijuana.HOw about fire ,it destroys everything but is it considered evil?

Do you know about the caste system in hindus.There are many places where a brahmans son becomes a brahman,shudras son becomes shudra.It says that one should not eat food by shudras,one should not touch them etc.Now isnt this to be considered evil?

Please stop acting like children and try to understand what the thehat prabhu has said.

According to Hindu dogma one should expect to receive reactions which are commensurate to actions.

Being tormented in a lake of fire for eternity for the 'sin' of unbelief doesn't sound commensurate to me.

And it is this dogma which is the primary distinguishing characteristic of the message

of Jesus. The rest is just rehashed Buddhist philosophy. From this I must conclude that the mindless

praise of Jesus as a teacher is simply based upon his popularity - there is no intellectual substance to it.

Officially there are only seven deadly sins in Christianity: "Lust", "Gluttony", "Greed", "Sloth", "Wrath", "Envy", and "Pride" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins). "Unbelief" isn’t one of them, although even "murder" isn’t on the list.. And all sins can be forgiven through holy sacraments of the church such as confession. I agree, however, that belief in Jesus Christ is an absolute requirement for that.

Today most Christians don’t believe in Hell as portrayed in the Bible, I guess because it doesn’t comply with the concept of God as a father. After all, eternal damnation and torturing your own children, doesn’t sound very fatherly. And in revelation 14:10, God Himself appears to commit the deadly sin of "Wrath":

That person will also drink of the wine of God’s anger that has been mixed undiluted in the cup of his wrath, and he will be tortured with fire and sulfur in front of the holy angels and in front of the Lamb."

So the bible seems to be inconsistent and use double standards when it comes to the definition of (deadly) sins and moral values. Personally I suspect that the extreme emphasis on sin and Hell and eternal damnation is rooted in the medieval Roman Catholic practice of giving absolution to sinners in change of money. I also think that through the ages the Bible has become more of a political manifest to control the masses, than an authentic religious document. Perhaps it’s time for God to explain it all to us once more.. :)

Anyway, the question was whether or not Jesus Christ ever cursed anyone. At least I’m sure this is not written anywhere in the Bible..

Thehat prabhu has put this beatutifully.

Of course he put it beautifully.But we are talking about Official position of christianity.

Just because the bible says that those who dont belevie in Even in our scriptures such things such as rama cutting of the head of a shudra

That it is an interpolation by vested interests in uttarakanda(which was not accepted as authentic Valmiki ramayana) can be easily gauged by the fact that The Author of ramayana (Valmiki) is a sudra who read rigveda and wrote Ramayana.Got it?

krishna running off the battle field were such that people like tenali ram who might not be hindus can question it.Remember his post.Does this make rama evil or krishna evil? So do you have an answer to that.

Krishna running off?.

I think you need to resist the urge to post things which you are unaware of and try to provide silly answers.People surely question hinduism but when you provide an answer you should have the requisite knowledge.

There are thousands of puranas and itihasas which are not considered accurate in all aspects by hindus.

The Gita doesn't talk about Caste oppression and neither the vedas.

Ganesh prasad explained this clearly in the forum http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15244

The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater [outcaste].(5.18)

I rather concentrate more on the Life and Teachings of Jesus Christ rather than contemplate on John`s Revelation. I prefer to read Mark and Matthew`s Gospels. In fact, I christened my son`s names Marco ( a nurse) and Matthew ( an electronics and communications engineer).

But we are talking about Official position of christianity.

Official postion?What Is it?

That it is an interpolation by vested interests in uttarakanda(which was not accepted as authentic Valmiki ramayana) can be easily gauged by the fact that The Author of ramayana (Valmiki) is a sudra who read rigveda and wrote Ramayana.Got it?

raam did cut off shamabhook's head.Dont you know that.

Krishna running off?.

Krishna ran away from the battlefeild.One of his names is ranchod.Dont you remember.He ran away from the battle fiel.

The Gita doesn't talk about Caste oppression and neither the vedas.

Ofcourse the puraans do but.

Official postion?What Is it?

The position held by christian theologists(of major denominations) all over the world.

This a forum not a pure qna session.When you participate in a discussion it is expected that one reads and familiarizes himself with subject.That is a expected of everybody

That so called incident is interpolated in Uttarakanda which is not a part of Valmiki ramayana.I already explained this.Please read before you respond.There are various ramayanas of unknown authors flouting around with crazy stories.

That sambuka was killed By Lord Rama for reading vedas is rubbish because Valmiki ,the author of ramayana was a sudra who wrote ramayana after reading vedas.

Krishna ran away from the battlefeild.One of his names is ranchod.Dont you remember.He ran away from the battle fiel.

Pls stay away from stories.Since you have mentioned it the story goes that jarasandha was destined to be killed by bhima so Krishna and balrama didnt want the mathura people to be exposed to war at that time.

Ofcourse the puraans do but.

So you have to stick to gita and vedas and be cautious on numerous un authentic puranas.In the thread of tenali, raghu patiently explained the damage to hinduism's image by the hindus posting random thoughts with little or no knowledge.read the thread where raghu counters the wrong accusations.

Questions have to end with question marks. Not sometimes, but everytime.

Yes, this is none of my business, but I highly recommend you pay attention to your writing skills. If your line of work requires you to write in english, then your time would be better spent in improving your punctuations and grammar, than here.

Good Luck

That so called incident is interpolated in Uttarakanda which is not a part of Valmiki ramayana.I already explained this.Please read before you respond.There are various ramayanas of unknown authors flouting around with crazy stories.

That sambuka was killed By Lord Rama for reading vedas is rubbish because Valmiki ,the author of ramayana was a sudra who wrote ramayana after reading vedas.

Its given in padm puraana.

Shri raam cut off his head because he was doing penance and shoodras were not allowed to do penance at that time.

Pls stay away from stories.Since you have mentioned it the story goes that jarasandha was destined to be killed by bhima so Krishna and balrama didnt want the mathura people to be exposed to war at that time.

No im talking about the part where he runs away from the yavana king and enters into the cave where muchukunda was sleeping.

So you have to stick to gita and vedas and be cautious on numerous un authentic puranas.In the thread of tenali, raghu patiently explained the damage to hinduism's image by the hindus posting random thoughts with little or no knowledge.read the thread where raghu counters the wrong accusations.

Do you not beleive in them?

Questions have to end with question marks. Not sometimes, but everytime.

Yes, this is none of my business, but I highly recommend you pay attention to your writing skills. If your line of work requires you to write in english, then your time would be better spent in improving your punctuations and grammar, than here.

Good Luck

No cheers?

Anyway thanks for telling and your wishes

Thomas did not believe Jesus Christ resurrected from the dead until he touched the Lord`s wounds. That " Christ Jesus would come to judge the living and the dead " a statement taken from the Apostle`s Creed is what makes Christianity a religion to reckon with.