IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
seekr4truth

Does the Hinduism scripyures told about Jesus as the Christians say...??

Rate this topic

In his book Divine Harmony, Christ in the Holy books of the East Arvindaksha Menon introduces Bhavishya Purana in the following words:

• "Vishnupurana" written depicting the core meanings of Vedas and the scientific principles, in narrative fiction was the first among mythologies to appear in book form. It was written by sage Parashara. Later his son Vedavyasa wrote eighteen mythologies idolizing his father's original creation. It may be calculated these mythologies came to light 5100 years ago if one goes by the period Vedavyasa lived.
    ... The word 'Bhavishya' means future. Hence Bhavishya Purana (futuristic mythology) denotes to the things that could happen in the future, visualized by powerful meditation.

Mr. Menon goes on to quote the following:

• In his epic, the 28th verse, 4th chapter, 1st part in the book
    'Prathisargaparvam' says like this: -
    "Indriyani damithwa
    Yehyaathmadhyaana parayana:
    Thasmad Aadama naamaasou
    Pathnee Havyavathee smrithaAdaman and his wife havyavathy are born with all the virtues, complete control of the senses and the spiritual forbearance of the mind. God creates a captivating paradise and gifts it to Adaman to live happily. Adaman reaches beneath the tree of sin in the garden, eats its forbidden fruit, tempted by Kali disguised as a snake, resulting his carnal desires come alive, which culminates in his involving in sexual intercourse with Havyyathy. The Bible narrates the same episode word by word in the book of Genesis."

Both Dr. Haq and Menon told us that `Bhavishya Puran,' literally means future events and Menon added

• "What is relevant here, is that everything, every episode and every character portrayed in the Holy Bible appears in the form of prediction in this Indian mythology."

If the above is true how can the story of Adam and Eve appear in the form of a prophecy and a future event?! Who was there before Adam to transmit or receive this prophecy?
It is obvious then that although that `Bhavishya Puran,' literally means future events it is actually attempting to narrate events of past history and the so called prophecies about Muhammad fall into the same category as that that of the story of Adam.
But that is not all, Menon then went on quoting:
  • As detailed in the Bible later, the lineage of Adaman is very long and luminous. The son of Adaman and Hvyavathy is Shwethanama (Seth). His son is Anoohan (Enoch). Then the lineage goes like this. Keenashan (Kenan), Mahallalan (Mahallalel), Viradan (Jered), Hanukan (Enoch), Manochillan (Methuselah), Lomakan (Lamech), Newhan (Noah).
    God warns His devotee Newhan in his dream, of the impending flood and asks him to take refuge in a boat with his family. Newhan embarked on the boat with his family. The floodgates of the sky opened and fell on the earth for forty days and forty nights. The flood came. All the four seas came into confluence. Only Newhan, his kith and kin along with the hermits of Badarya survived. By their fervent prayer the flood subsided and the water was gone. Note the close resemblance and oneness, even in the names of the lineage from Adam and Eve to Noah in the book of Genesis of the Holy Bible and above. The difference is only that in the Bible it is treated symbolically while narrating history whereas in Bhavishyapurana it is given as prediction of the future. Noah, Ark, Forty days flood and its riddance by exactly one year, are all predicted word by word.

Here again the flood episode was portrayed as a prophecy, or was it?

Menon went on saying:

• Not only that, the lineage beginning with Noah to Abraham will definitely startle us.
    The sons of Newhan are Siman (Shem), Haman (Ham) and Yakuthan (Japheth). Sons of Japheth are Jumren (Gover), Majoojan (Magog), Maadi (Madai) and Theerasan (Tiras). The sons of Siman (Shem) is Arkansadan (Arpachshad). His son is Simhalan (Shelah). Then Evrathan (Eber), Phalajan (Peleg), Reu (Reu), Jujan (Servig), Nahooran (Nahor), Taharan (Terah). For Taharan the sons are Aviraman (Abraham), Nahooran (Nahor) and Haranan (Haran).

Is the above a prediction of the future or a whole sale borrowing from the Bible?

Menon further added:

• Then it was predicted that a master (Patriarch) will come by the name of Moosa (Moses) and his faith will spread all over the world. When the era of Kali has reached three thousand years (This is the 5095th year of that era. So it is two thousand years ago) Jesus Christ appears with the name "Easa Maseeha" in the land of Huna. Here we should remember that Jesus Christ is 'Easa Maseeha' in Hebrews. At that time it was King 'Shakapathi' who ruled that land. In the mountainous terrain of Hunadesha the Kings meeting with a white clad male is described thus:
    "Ko bhavaanithi tham praaha
    Sahovaachamudaanwitha:
    Eshaputhram cha maam vidhi
    Kumaaree garbha sambahavam
    Aham Eesa Maseeha nama:" King Shaka asked "May I know, who you are!". With apparent joy that male replied "Know that I am the Son of God. I am born in the womb of a virgin. 'Easa Maseeha' is my well known name". (Bhavashya purana- Prathisarga parva, IIIrd part- 2nd chapter- 23rd verse.)

Please answer me this and explain the verse , thank you so much

It is interesting to note that Mr Menon describes Vishnu Purana as mythology. That would not be a problem, if he is willing to take the same position with the Bible. But I do not see it. To him, Bibilical events and chracters are real, but Puranic events and characters are myths. Do we really want to waste time on the writings of such bigots?

Anyway, to answer the original question, the Bhavishya Purana contains a lot of spurious content and its predictions are all bogus. There are also some Islam sites which claim the coming of Mohamed, in nothing less than the Rig-veda! They are all bogus too.

Cheers

Then it was predicted that a master (Patriarch) will come by the name of Moosa (Moses) and his faith will spread all over the world. When the era of Kali has reached three thousand years (This is the 5095th year of that era. So it is two thousand years ago) Jesus Christ appears with the name "Easa Maseeha" in the land of Huna. Here we should remember that Jesus Christ is 'Easa Maseeha' in Hebrews. At that time it was King 'Shakapathi' who ruled that land. In the mountainous terrain of Hunadesha the Kings meeting with a white clad male is described thus:

"Ko bhavaanithi tham praaha

Sahovaachamudaanwitha:

Eshaputhram cha maam vidhi

Kumaaree garbha sambahavam

Aham Eesa Maseeha nama:" King Shaka asked "May I know, who you are!". With apparent joy that male replied "Know that I am the Son of God. I am born in the womb of a virgin. 'Easa Maseeha' is my well known name". (Bhavashya purana- Prathisarga parva, IIIrd part- 2nd chapter- 23rd verse.)

Please I want SomeOne to explain me that part , or give me a link to that part and chapter of Bhavashya Purana, and tell me whats its meaning in Hiniduplease...??:crying2:

Please I want SomeOne to explain me that part , or give me a link to that part and chapter of Bhavashya Purana, and tell me whats its meaning in Hiniduplease...??:crying2:

Seeker, you already have your answer. Those quotes are all bogus interpolations (which I realize is redundant).

Menon is a Christian fundamentalist who is using tactics like these to entice Hindus into believing in Christianity. Doubtless this was the motivation of the original author of those passages who managed to get them passed off as "Purana."

You have to wonder at why any Hindu would refer to Biblical events as historical while casually describing Puranic events as mythological. It's *obvious* he is a Christian missionary playing the standard missionary game.

It is interesting to note that Mr Menon describes Vishnu Purana as mythology.

That "Myth" was able to teach Humans about Evolution - how Life Evolved from the Sea and to the land and to humans.

That "Myth" (in Bhavagad Gita) was able to teach Humans about the Creation of the Universe, about (Zero Point) Energy and so many more.

But to Christians who rather believe in fairy tale about a god that needs to be killed in order for man to be saved, yes, it is a Myth. :rolleyes:

That "Myth" was able to teach Humans about Evolution - how Life Evolved from the Sea and to the land and to humans.

There is no such teaching in the Vishnu Purana. If you feel otherwise, please quote the relevant shlokas.

Then you did not understand. :rolleyes:

I understood it just fine. Your attempt to make the avatar story out to be covert attempt at teaching evolution is just a fabrication invented by neo-vedantic types who desperately need to secularize Hinduism in order to make it something they can believe in.

And your ignorance is breathtaking. :rolleyes:

Whatever you say Seph...

I'm almost afraid to ask what you think the churning of the milk ocean by the devas and the asuras is actually teaching. Hmm, maybe it's just a covert way of telling us all to take drugs?

Please I want SomeOne to explain me that part , or give me a link to that part and chapter of Bhavashya Purana, and tell me whats its meaning...??

For reference, here is part of the text from Bhavishya Purana regarding Jesus. It may be interpolated or it may be real. That is for individuals to decide. To me its not very important either way.

http://www.indiadivine.org/articles/236/1/Bhavishya-Purana-The-Prediction-of-Jesus-Christ/Page1.html

Go and read the Avatars of Maha Vishnu.

Have you?

I ask this because I recall you once said Kalki was predicted in the Gita! To me, that means you have neither read about avatars nor the Gita. But that was sometime ago, and it is always possible that you did read about avatars since then.

Anyway, how are Vishnu avatars teaching evolution? In very simple terms, the avatars are symbolic of the Supreme position of Vishnu and his role in sustaining Dharma in the Universe. I do not recall anything about evolution.

What is the evolution from Vamana to Parashurama to Rama to Krishna to Buddha to Kalki? In evolution terms, they are all homo sapiens or modern man. If you look at the four earlier avatars, evolution does not say the tortoise evolved from large fish or that boars evolved from tortoises and a species like Narasimha (which evolved from boars) has not been discovered yet.

Back to the original question. How then, do the Vishnu avatars teach evolution?

Cheers

blame not muslims and christians also.

Actually, those are the "Blind" whom I have spoken about.

I didn't say blame it on Muslims and Christians if you get lost, I said those who follows the Christians and Muslims (ways) will get lost. At that time, one should not blame God for his own foolishness in following this people.

I didn't say blame it on Muslims and Christians if you get lost, I said those who follows the Christians and Muslims (ways) will get lost. At that time, one should not blame God for his own foolishness in following this people

Ok now youre blaming their philosophy.You mean to say only youre religion is true.