sant

sadhana history?

Rate this topic

As stated in the Näräyaëéya of the Mokña-dharma, in Çré Mahäbhärata,

yä vai sädhana-sampattiù

puruñärtha-catuñöaye

tayä vinä tad äpnoti

naro näräyaëäçrayaù

“Whatever among the four goals of human life can be achieved by various spiritual practices is automatically achieved without such endeavors by the person who has taken shelter of Lord Näräyaëa, the refuge of all persons.”

Thus a Kåñëa conscious person knows that he will obtain all perfection of life simply by surrendering to the devotional service of Lord Kåñëa. This is the highest stage of yoga, as confirmed in Bhagavad-gétä.

yä vai sädhana-sampattiù

puruñärtha-catuñöaye

tayä vinä tad äpnoti

naro näräyaëäçrayaù

This is saadhana and not saadhanaa.'Saadhana' means- a means to do something.

This is saadhana and not saadhanaa.'Saadhana' means- a means to do something.

even if it is sadhana and lacks an extra 'A' and you manage to prove it to all , what benefit would that be to you ? i see no material , pecuniary , spiritual , or any other benefit arising from this act !!! except that it would boldly show to the members here , how learned and pandit you are !! :crazy:

and that status of being a pandit would directly promote your ego and bring about a downfall to your spiritual progress !!

even if it is sadhana and lacks an extra 'A' and you manage to prove it to all , what benefit would that be to you ? i see no material , pecuniary , spiritual , or any other benefit arising from this act !!! except that it would boldly show to the members here , how learned and pandit you are !! :crazy:

Youre right my dear sambya but is there anything wrong if i do something like that.Certainly proving whats right is a right thing.

'Sadhana panchakam' as the word ive read.

NOw if you say the word is साधना then i can say the terms being hindi and make panchakam pronounced as pancha kaam as (whats done with sadhana) Which means in hindi -5 works as panch means 5 and kaam means work.

But if you take it as sanskrit then it should be pronounced as saadhana panchakam.

Leave him alone Sambya,we had inuf from him in forum as well as in our inbox.You cannot change destiny.Let him prove his points by wasting his precious time which he could have spent worshiping God.Last night he was having 760 posts and today it is at 820 with the help of his jet engines you just cannot beat this superman!

and that status of being a pandit would directly promote your ego and bring about a downfall to your spiritual progress !!

Leave him alone Sambya,we had inuf from him in forum as well as in our inbox.You cannot change destiny.Let him prove his points by wasting his precious time which he could have spent worshiping God.Last night he was having 760 posts and today it is at 820 with the help of his jet engines you just cannot beat this superman!

average 10 posts per day ??!!!!???

phew ! how knowledgable you are sant !!

He is good at heart only thing I found in him that he looks little confused in some area,such confusion can be solved with the help of God and I wish he continuous correct approach in Bhakti.No offence met Sanatbhai I respect you as a human and by all means.May Shri Krishna bless you.

Quote:

Idea is to serve god and not merely worship him.

If self realisation is there, every work you do becomes a prayer.Please read swami chidananda on this.Certainly im not on taht level but im just telling.

Its a good thing you never said the word sahdana.You yourself after irritating me with your word have in a way promoted me to start this thread.Eveytime i ask anything.Go and do sadhana this is what i get from you.(lighthearted way take it)

He is good at heart only thing I found in him that he looks little confused in some area,such confusion can be solved with the help of God and I wish he continuous correct approach in Bhakti.No offence met Sanatbhai I respect you as a human and by all means.May Shri Krishna bless you.

Thank you may god bless you too sir.