IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sant

sadhana history?

Rate this topic

Kaliji pasted one link you pasted same in forum.What a waste of server space and bandwidth of users to see same thing again and again!

I did it because i wanted to show the word.It was a picture i guess thats why i couldnt post a patr of it.

Im sorry i know the page has become wide.

How did you arrive at that conclusion. Sadhana is mentioned. a with a diacritical mark

Theres no line above 'a' in sadhana so it means it should be pronounced as saadhan.It is the same way krishna कृष्ण

see one. You do not. ā With a macron.

ā In fact every word in the page has it.

Again i think there is some misreading.

The line /macron is above the a after 's' and not the one after 'n'

sādhana

Please read about word ending in Sanskrit and how they are written in English.

I dont find it anywhere in the net i searched.

Anyway look at this word artha you know how it is pronounced.

You can not learn Sanskrit from the net.

You do not teach a Veda reciting Brahmin who speaks in Sanskrit about Sanskrit Pronunciation.

Tomorrow you will claim that Sanskrit came from Hindi.

You can believe whatever you want to believe.

You do not teach a Veda reciting Brahmin who speaks in Sanskrit about Sanskrit Pronunciation.

Tomorrow you will claim that Sanskrit came from Hindi.

You can believe whatever you want to believe

This doesnt have to do with learning sanskrit.

I am not saying against you.

The word is saadhana and not saadhanaa.

Can anybody please tell about the pronounciations.

And yes the word साधना is not mentioned in the vedas.

There has been a misunderstanding over the years about the word being a sanskrit word.Just like people in india refer to tigers as sher many times but actually the word is bagha.

This doesnt have to do with learning sanskrit.

I am not saying against you.

The word is saadhana and not saadhanaa.

Can anybody please tell about the pronounciations.

And yes the word साधना is not mentioned in the vedas.

Just because you say so. You know neither Sanskrit nor the Vedas. You do not even seem to know about the origin of Hindi language. Just by keeping on repeating it many times does not make it true. साधना is the word mentioned in Apte's Sanskrit dictionary. Buy one and verify.

BTW the word Sher means Lion. Sherewali Maa is mounted on a Lion. Sherewali is the Hindi translation of Simha Vahini. But in a deficient and undeveloped language like Hindi you do not have different words for Lion and Tiger.

BTW the word Sher means Lion. Sherewali Maa is mounted on a Lion. Sherewali is the Hindi translation of Simha Vahini. But in a deficient and undeveloped language like Hindi you do not have different words for Lion and Tiger.

ho ho ! true

not just that , they have distorted the facts and have made maa sit on a tiger instead !!

I know that sir.But people many times refer to sher as tiger.This is wrong thats my point.It is common.But sher,babbar sher,singh all means lion and 'bagh' means tiger.

As for your dictionary one dictionary doesnt prove anything.

Since you read and recite the vedas you yourself tell me where word साधना is.

Since you read and recite the vedas you yourself tell me where word साधना is

since you are the one who is disbelieving the burden of proof is on you ....................................no one is under obligation to ' tell ' you anything !!

Quote:

Since you read and recite the vedas you yourself tell me where word साधना is

since you are the one who is disbelieving the burden of proof is on you ....................................no one is under obligation to ' tell ' you anything !!

What will i show .There is no such a word in the vedas.So which verse will i quote when there isnt such a verse or word.Mr kali upasak has said that it is sanskrit and has mentioned the vedas so it is upto him to tell which verse gives the word.

This is the image of the relevant page from V.S. Apte's Sanskrit-English dictionary.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2147&thumb=1&d=1245167720

Ok can be a mistake also by him also.

Anyway ill find out more and tell.

Sanathbhai should I laugh again?Jokes apar, leave such small things in side and concentrate on the mission yaar!

Ok can be a mistake also by him also.

Anyway ill find out more and tell.

True,hope this sadhna ends soon LOL.Unless and untill one knows something concrete better stay in the sideline than arguing for no reasons.

How ridiculous can you get. V.S. Apte's dictionary has been a standard for Sanskrit scholars for more than 100 years. It was first published in 1890.Any way I count this as today's Sadhana

True,hope this sadhna ends soon LOL.Unless and untill one knows something concrete better stay in the sideline than arguing for no reasons.

Certainly not.Im just trying to prove the right word.

Do you know the meaning of panchakam as in sadhan panchakam.Ill prove some other things also.

How ridiculous can you get. V.S. Apte's dictionary has been a standard for Sanskrit scholars for more than 100 years. It was first published in 1890.

Any way I count this as today's Sadhana.:)

thats not proof tell me where vedas use the word.Vs apte may have got confused after reading hindi and sankrit words.