IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
boricua

Do you have to be Born Hindu to be Hindu???

Rate this topic

Perhaps surrender and become a pure devotee first. But right now pretending to have interest only in conquering Krishna like Srimati Radharani will not help you.

who will help me? you,theist?:)

Be honest with yourself. As materialistic devotees our real interest is in getting Krishna to make our material life better and at best to gain liberation from suffering.

how honest are you, theist?:)

First liberation comes. Then one can engage in pure bhakti. Then one can develop or rather awaken within oneself the higher rasa's.

how did you achieve liberation, theist?:)

thats okay ! i agree to you . im only saying that it was not something that was asked by the original poster . he inquired whether what he has heard is true .

My way of answering the original poster while making a point to other readers was to tell him not to waste his valuable human life worrying about how to become accepted into a mundane religion.

what does that mean ? krishna consciousness(whatever that means) ....................or i would prefer to say vaishnavism.............. exclusive from hinduism (as it it is understood today ) ????

As I said Krishna consciousness means to be conscious of Krishna. How can I make it more clear? Can you boil the meaning of the question, "what is hinduism", down to such a simple meaning? No you cannot nor can anyone else. Therefore I said Hinduism(whatever that means).

Yes Vaisnavism is Krishna consciousness. There is no meaning to Vaisnavism without being conscious of the Supreme Lord. If you are not Krishna(or by any other name for the Supreme Person) conscious then you are not a Vaisnava.

In short my only point on this thread is, forget the terms hinduism (or any other names for religion like Islam , Christianity etc and just remember and love the Supreme Person.

I am only repeating Krishna's instruction to Arjuna to abandon all varities of religion and surrender unto Him.

The answer is NO. NO. No. Definitely not.

Hinduism is not a proselytizing religion. So we never had any system for conversion. But that does not mean there is a ban on conversion as some people interpret. This interpretation is wrong.

This is a bunch of Neo-Hindu, politically correct white wash.

Historically there have been conversions into Hinduism, and different Hindu traditions have different standards when it came to accepting and initiating converts.

Hindi is derived from Sanskrit which is the language of Gods. Why do you think those people effort ed so much? were they jerks ?

yes it a known fact that hindi is an indirect derivative of sanskrit . but so were the other northern languages like oriya or gujarati !!

bengali is more sanskritised than any other language and more accomplished in terms of literary enrichment and grammer than hindi . why not bengali then ?

why hindi alone ?

could you also please specify what relation does hindi have with being a hindu . i mean , what is so indespensible about hindi in order to be a hindu ?

could you also please specify what relation does hindi have with being a hindu . i mean , what is so indespensible about hindi in order to be a hindu ?

hindi is required when youre a hindu-stani.

pun intended.

Sant ignorantly you have written the right thing. You can't become a Russian living in India.

Can a doctor become a doctor without a medical degree ? what about a Lawyer without a law education ?

If tomorrow you come to me wearing Obama's underwear should i treat you like the president of USA? If i do, i'm a fool of highest order.

Sambya if you can become a father without producing a child, then anyone can become a hindu without learning hindi. There is a criteria for everything in life. If you want to be called a father then you have to make succesfull sex to your wife & wait for the baby to get born.

Of course if you are restless to be called a father you can adopt a baby, but you won't do so unless you are impotent.

Hence we can state that hindi is a compulsion to be a hindu.

The answer is NO. NO. No. Definitely not.

Hinduism is not a proselytizing religion. So we never had any system for conversion. But that does not mean there is a ban on conversion as some people interpret. This interpretation is wrong.

From a Hindu born a Vaidic Hindu Brahmin.

thank you very much,is just that Sanatana Dharma Vedas and lots of gurus sayings have a lot of logic and help full stuff (better then other religion logics on life and soul world..ect) that i want to join,but then i heard people saying that you have to be born hindu,but you clear it.

=)

Jai Ma Di!

If you are seeing moon raising and setting down on horizon,you are hindu coz My Shiva carries moon on his head.

If you see ocean around you my Maha Vishnu lives inside it.

and if you see a life around you,its due to Shri Brahmaji.

All in all,all living creatures in this universe are Hindus internally.

thank you for this Beautiful Quote is help full and i which lots of people believe in this word =)

--------

Jai Maa DI!

Shakti and Shiva are the same =)

Sambya if you can become a father without producing a child, then anyone can become a hindu without learning hindi. There is a criteria for everything in life. If you want to be called a father then you have to make succesfull sex to your wife & wait for the baby to get born.

Of course if you are restless to be called a father you can adopt a baby, but you won't do so unless you are impotent.

Hence we can state that hindi is a compulsion to be a hindu.

i would give the status to only sanskrit .

do you know sanskrit ? if not then you are worthless as a hindu ( by your logic)

you have not explained the relation between being a hindu and hindi .

why not any other langauge ?

hindi was a forced amalgamation of ragional dialects like maithili , bhojpuri , brajbhasa etc etc . where was hindi 500 years ago ? what scriptures were writen in hindi ?

this is not to say that hindi is bad , but to make you understand that it is not indespensable nor necessary ............... learning sanskrit is what is really needed !!

hope you get it .

aren`t we all hindus in the 1st place even if we were not born in india? the culture in goloka vrndavan in the spiritual sky is hindu. the reflection she gave the planet on earth when it fell got in contact with matter. the one reflection that passed through the screen/filter reached that part on earth we call india. so its just a matter of time to realize that those who were not born in india they, too, were hindus after they have shed off matter.

thank you for your respond all of you have being a great help =).

Sanatana Dharma has lot of logic!

Jai maa Di!=)

Respected Boricua Ji,

------

You have asked that should one be born Hindu to be Hindu? Well the answer is NO. It is not necessary.

---------

thank you very much,is just that Sanatana Dharma Vedas and lots of gurus sayings have a lot of logic and help full stuff (better then other religion logics on life and soul world..ect) that why i want it to enter and become a hindu,but then i heard people saying that you have to be born hindu and that turn me down =(:crying2: ...... But you and the other answers have being a great help =)

thank you :)

Jai MA Di!!

I to found this in the internet.

How to Become a (Better) Hindu A Guide for Seekers and Born Hindus'' BY Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

The book is in the internet

enter and go to page 'Does Hinduism Accept Newcomers?...149

and jump to page.158 and read it

Its true what you and the rest say Everyone is welcome :)

I'm happy now =)

Jai MA Di!

Dear Blessed Members of the Forum,

It is very sad to see the patterns of thinking here. A Hindu is a term to classify one who practices Hinduism. It is an eternal religion, so beautiful that it doesn't limit the freedom of people practicing whatever paths or rituals that they follow. It is open to all that believe and have faith in Hinduism.

I strongly believe, anyone can be a Hindu, with or without knowing Hindi or Sanskrit. Yes, I am aware most Hindi and Sanskrit speakers are Hindus. But then, I have come across many Hindus that speak Tamil, Indonesian, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, and many other Indian regional languages as well as people who speak English and many more foreign languages, without knowing an iota of Hindi language or Sanskrit. So are they less Hindu? I do not think so. They are practicing Hinduism really well for your information. It is so unfair to label someone without even researching.

It is better to focus this very short lifespan of ours to know god. That is more fruitful in my opinion, rather than branding or labelling other less-Hindu, neo-Hindu or whatever terms that comes to the mind. I felt compelled to channel my thoughts in this thread. It is not my intention to offend anyone or preaching you how to lead your life. I apologize in advance for those who think so. Namaste.

I know its difficult for you to understand. Sometimes ego stands in the path understanding. So i will try to enlighten you step by step.

do you know sanskrit ? if not then you are worthless as a hindu ( by your logic)

I don't need to purchase vegetables in sanskrit. Nor do i purchase grocery in sanskrit. Because a local shopkeeper does not understands sanskrit. A trash collector is not educated enough to understand sanskrit. A milk man is not graduated in sanskrit either. I know needful sanskrit which i can use to do my daily worships.

you have not explained the relation between being a hindu and hindi .

Hindu is a persian word derived from river Sindhu(sindhu ghati) which was in the north. It means people belonging to that particular region. If you want to live in that particular region then you need to learn the language of the people to communicate. Hindi is the language almost spoken & understood almost by everyone in the northern region as well as in the ssouthern region. Previously it was sanskrit. Of course you have a choice to live silently, but researches have proven that if a person living in a community is made to live alone even for 3 days without sspeaking to anybody he starts becoming insane. So decide at your own risk. :)

And if some one does not know hindi in India, then we should assume that he was not capable enough to go to school. We shudn't project him as a source of our argument rather show mercy on poor soul.

why not any other langauge ?

If your child calls you father in a language which you don't know, will you be able to understand him. And if he persists on calling you in the same language you will get agitated & kick his butt. Hindi is the national language & spoken by maximum no.

hindi was a forced amalgamation of ragional dialects like maithili , bhojpuri , brajbhasa etc etc . where was hindi 500 years ago ? what scriptures were writen in hindi ?

When have i said scriptures were written in Hindi ?

this is not to say that hindi is bad , but to make you understand that it is not indespensable nor necessary ............... learning sanskrit is what is really needed !!

Sanskrit is only needed if you want to enter spirituality. And when you enter spirituality religions dissolve. there is no hinduism, no christianity, no islam.

So boricua your hope to become hindu is very less without learning hindi. Perhaps you can try becoming a bengali, i'm sure sambya will help you a lot.

You should learn to walk before you learn to fly. There is no shortcut in life. You have to go through proper channels.

It is very sad to see the patterns of thinking here.

& i'm sad to see the patterns of non-thinking. People have stopped thinking logically. Rationality has died in the hands of ignorance.

A Hindu is a term to classify one who practices Hinduism. It is an eternal religion, so beautiful that it doesn't limit the freedom of people practicing whatever paths or rituals that they follow. It is open to all that believe and have faith in Hinduism.

And how are you supposed to practice hinduism without knowing the local language? All religions are beautiful for a beautiful mind. I like Christ as much as i like Mohammad & Krishna. And all religions are open to everybody.

I strongly believe, anyone can be a Hindu, with or without knowing Hindi or Sanskrit. Yes, I am aware most Hindi and Sanskrit speakers are Hindus. But then, I have come across many Hindus that speak Tamil, Indonesian, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, and many other Indian regional languages as well as people who speak English and many more foreign languages, without knowing an iota of Hindi language or Sanskrit. So are they less Hindu? I do not think so.

They are practicing Hinduism really well for your information. It is so unfair to label someone without even researching.

I doubt it. Can you practice law without knowing it ? Can you practice medical without knowing it ?

Respected Ronin Ji,

With due respect kindly change the way you reply to post's of other members . I mean, you have quoted my previous post in ONE quote box which is grey in colour, yet you replied below my statements in orange hue, under the SAME quote box. As there is only ONE quote box, new or some regular members, who frequents this forum might think that, all your replies (in orange hues) are made by me, since you replied to each of my questions in the same ONE quote box. The orange hue might look like you are highlighting the points. I know it is a petty thing, but avoiding confusions are essential for the benefits of all reader.

To all members, this is my ORIGINAL post to prior to this very post.

Originally Posted by kshama

It is very sad to see the patterns of thinking here. A Hindu is a term to classify one who practices Hinduism. It is an eternal religion, so beautiful that it doesn't limit the freedom of people practicing whatever paths or rituals that they follow. It is open to all that believe and have faith in Hinduism.

I strongly believe, anyone can be a Hindu, with or without knowing Hindi or Sanskrit. Yes, I am aware most Hindi and Sanskrit speakers are Hindus. But then, I have come across many Hindus that speak Tamil, Indonesian, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, and many other Indian regional languages as well as people who speak English and many more foreign languages, without knowing an iota of Hindi language or Sanskrit. So are they less Hindu? I do not think so. They are practicing Hinduism really well for your information. It is so unfair to label someone without even researching.

It is better to focus this very short lifespan of ours to know god. That is more fruitful in my opinion, rather than branding or labelling other less-Hindu, neo-Hindu or whatever terms that comes to the mind. I felt compelled to channel my thoughts in this thread. It is not my intention to offend anyone or preaching you how to lead your life. I apologize in advance for those who think so. Namaste.

Now coming back to the topic, I will try to answer or defend my points ABOVE for each of your questions/or statements BELOW (in orange hue) one by one.

& i'm sad to see the patterns of non-thinking. People have stopped thinking logically. Rationality has died in the hands of ignorance.

Yes, it is true some are living in ignorance. Many people realize it, many people unfortunately don't. But most people do think before they write. Thoughts and in thinking mode is always there unless one calms down and meditate.

And how are you supposed to practice hinduism without knowing the local language? All religions are beautiful for a beautiful mind. I like Christ as much as i like Mohammad & Krishna. And all religions are open to everybody.

I am a Hindu. I am not from India, not well-versed in any Hinduism Holy scriptures in their original language. I study (and I am not even finished studying all) their precise translations in English though I admit, some terminology of Sanskrit cannot be expressed in English, so I take initiative to seek help from learned ones near me. They explain it in English or in my mother tongue. I basically try to understand the essence of all Holy Scriptures of Hinduism by this way. I am no less Hindu. The learned ones that I met never chased me away just because I did not know Hindi or Sanskrit. There are many people in this world are Hindus depite their condition. Let me relate. There many people who are born Hindu, might not even held the Holy Gita, they are Hindus too. In the places I live, many Hindus do not know how many Vedas are there, but they are also Hindus. There are some Hindus that cannot even speak their mother tongue, they use English to understand their religion and roots, and they are Hindus too. Hinduism does not need some rigid qualifications in order for the followers to be tagged a Hindu.It is as if that one has to to undergo entrance exam (Hindi&Sanskrit) to be tagged passed as a Hindu, and those who fail are not Hindu. In my humble thinking, it is not like that. Hinduism has mass appeal, as long you have faith in the system. It reaches all without prejudice.

From previous post of mine I said: it is very unfair to label someone less-Hindu just because they do not know Hindi or Sanskrit. Many people of different languages are Hindus and practicing well as I claimed by my experience meeting them. To the above stament of mine, you replied the below.

I doubt it. Can you practice law without knowing it ? Can you practice medical without knowing it ?

Medicine is a science, law is a subject with a system of rules. To practice both training and education in respective fields needed. NO OTHER WAY. Religion and spirituality are to an extent metaphysical and theological, some people are able to relate to them easily and some might not. But then, it doesn't mean they who do not understand are not Hindus. It is very unfair for labelling them less-Hindu if they fail to grasp a part or more of Hinduism. It only needs faith. Anyone can have faith, cultivate their faith, and nourish the faith and these depends on how aware and involved they are in the faith. I give you an eg, some people do not know why they offer water to Lord Surya early morning, all they knew was, their grandparents did it, so did their parents and now they are doing it. But then they too are Hindus, but less informed about the significance of the rituals. Why they are Hindus......because they have faith, if not they would have given up. These people again might know or do not know at all Hindi or Sanskrit. They are just not well informed about the significance of the rituals because they are doing it as a mere routine. These people are Hindus too. So it is in our path to be informed what is the significance of the rituals and etc. Initiative in our part is essential to learn about being a Hindu or practicing Hinduism, and both of these actions can be done without knowing Hindi or Sanskrit. If at all they need to pronounce some lines, mantras, or even reading the Gita, there are some phonetically written text, romanized Sanskrit scriptures with phonetics and correct pronunciation, and even MP3's nowadays. And there are many reputed guru and mahans, that I find, preaching in English and imparting their knowledge without partiality towards anyone.

I have no objections towards anyone who wishes to deepen their understanding about being a Hindu or practicing Hinduism by learning Hindi or Sanskrit, it is indeed good, but not a FATAL must.

I am quite sure the thread starter had found the answers for his/her or her questions. So the objective of the thread is met. So I think there is no point in dragging the matter further. Ronin Ji, I am sorry for making you read my long reply. I just felt I am obliged to respond to your questions and statements. Thank you for your questions and statements, it paves me way to understand Hinduism even deeper.

To other learned members, respected seniors and fellow members of the forum, if you that what I said is wrong, please forgive me. I am learning about Hinduism everyday, for me Hinduism is like the ocean, it will take a life-time for someone like me to really understand it to the maximum. If there are any mistakes or factual errors, do highlight for the advancement of knowledge of fellow readers and myself. I am sorry to all once again. Namaste.

**I just realized that many blessed seniors, advanced spiritualists that I know in the forum refrain posting in threads anymore. I have been blessed to talk to one blessed senior from India, he would always say, pointless debate is unhealthy for his spiritual life. He has a point I guess. I am sorry if any members think that I am infact contributing or intiating pointless debate.It is not my intention. I will now only respond to threads/posts that are worth replying to or replying to questions pertaining statements that I made in my past, recently, or in the coming future that might appear hazy. **

Respected Ronin Ji,

With due respect kindly change the way you reply to post's of other members . I mean, you have quoted my previous post in ONE quote box which is grey in colour, yet you replied below my statements in orange hue, under the SAME quote box. As there is only ONE quote box, new or some regular members, who frequents this forum might think that, all your replies (in orange hues) are made by me, since you replied to each of my questions in the same ONE quote box. The orange hue might look like you are highlighting the points. I know it is a petty thing, but avoiding confusions are essential for the benefits of all reader.

I'm a busy man. Don't have time to make separate quoteboxes. I do only essential things. If the reader is not intelligent enough he shudn't visit here, rather pay his homage at porn sites which are easier to understand. Spirituality is not a cakewalk.

Yes, it is true some are living in ignorance. Many people realize it, many people unfortunately don't. But most people do think before they write. Thoughs and in thinking mode is always there unless one calms down and meditate.

when i say non-thinking i mean ready made answers which people tend to absorb in their cognition when they hear them from their parents, relatives or friends. And then they produce them automatically in any given argument without knowing the base of it. For eg. i have heard a lot of iskon devotees preaching " surrender to Krishna. He will take care of all your problems " This is a readymade statement which they have collected from somewhere & use it without knowing if it is relevant in every sense or not. I have a sewage blockage problem in my community, can someone surrender to krishna & get it cleaned :smash:

I am a Hindu. I am not from India, not well-versed in any Hinduism Holy scriptures in their original language. I study (and I am not even finished studying all) their precise translations in English though I admit, some terminology of Sanskrit cannot be expressed in English, so I take initiative to seek help from learned ones near me. They explain it in English or in my mother tongue. I basically try to understand the essence of all Holy Scriptures of Hinduism by this way. I am no less Hindu. The learned ones that I met never chased me away just because I did not know Hindi or Sanskrit. There are many people in this world are Hindus depite their condition. Let me relate. There many people who are born Hindu, might not even held the Holy Gita, they are Hindus too. In the places I live, many Hindus do not know how many Vedas are there, but they are also Hindus.

If you do not know who your father was, what will you call yourself ?

I'm not discouraging your efforts here brother. Neither have i discouraged "boricua". We all are struggling in this material world. The whole aim of mankind is to progress. Each human being wants to progress either materially or spiritually. Some take baby steps, some take phantom leaps. I wanted to propose a channelised path for boricua. I have lived in a non-english & non-hindi speaking country, so i know problems caused by language barrier.

Medicine is a science, law is a subject with a system of rules. To practice both training and education in respective fields needed. NO OTHER WAY.

Religion is a higher science. It has laws. It has steps which lead to spiritulity.

It only needs faith. Anyone can have faith, cultivate their faith, and nourish the faith and these depends on how aware and involved they are in the faith.

Mere faith cannot fill your hungry stomach. If you keep repeating faithfully that your stomach is already filled it will not curb your hunger. You have to prepare , cook & eat.

I give you an eg, some people do not know why they offer water to Lord Surya early morning, all they knew was, their grandparents did it, so did their parents and now they are doing it. But then they too are Hindus, but less informed about the significance of the rituals. Why they are Hindus......because they have faith, if not they would have given up. These people again might know or do not know at all Hindi or Sanskrit. They are just not well informed about the significance of the rituals because they are doing it as a mere routine.

A practice without logical support becomes extinct slowly. If you do not know the logic of using condom you will stop using it & become addicted to AIDS ultimately. It becomes your duty to tell them the logic behind offering water to sun which will strengthen their faith. otherwise this practice will die out eventually.

**Sun is the only visible God in the universe. We can see Sun God everyday. Sun gives life to everything on earth. So we worship it by offering water.

Ronin Ji, I am sorry for making you read my long reply.

If you are speaking truth, one line is more powerful than whole essay.

**I just realized that many blessed seniors, advanced spiritualists that I know in the forum refrain posting in threads anymore. I have been blessed to talk to one blessed senior from India, he would always say, pointless debate is unhealthy for his spiritual life. He has a point I guess. I am sorry if any members think that I am infact contributing or intiating pointless debate.It is not my intention. I will now only respond to threads/posts that are worth replying too or replying to questions pertaining statements that I made in my past, recently, or in the coming future that might appear hazy. **

He who says this is selfish person, because he is thinking about his own self. One who knows truth should bring it in the open. He should rather pay back what he has taken from the society. It becomes his duty to share what he has gained in spirituality. Not many people have the courage to do so. I wouldn't call him a morally strong person.

Respected Ronin Ji,

I hope I don't sound rude, I do not like the tone of your post. I do respect your views though. I bear no hatred or negativity towards you. All I can say is good luck in your quest, be it spiritually or religiously. May god bless you always. Again I am sorry to offend you by any degree or being an obstruction in your path. Namaste.

okay ronin . im cutting it short since you are a busy man spending hours over internet !!

tell us , what does a parent do when his young child calls him 'pa' instead of 'papa' ? does he kick him ? i guess not !! if there is any mistake why would the parent get angry ?

what do you define as hindi ? the language that gathered a distinct shape only in the last 300 years and was promoted by the newly independent government to the level of state language ?

what has hindi to do with 5000 years of hindu history ?

Knowing Hindi is not required to be a follower of Sanatana Dharma. Hindi is a modern language and while it may help you communicate while in India, it is not needed. Now Sanskrit may be a different story as it is tied up in religious rituals. Having a working knowledge of Sanskrit is helpful but once again I don't think it's a requirement.

There are so many people who think they can define who is Hindu and who is not. For example the Hindutva government of the 1990's defined a Hindu as anyone who followed a religion that originated in India. Others use Hindu to correspond with Sindu valley peoples. The best way I think to determine if someone is a Hindu is if they accept the authority of the Vedas. If you accept the Vedas as truth and have faith then you are Hindu.

Hari Om!

My way of answering the original poster while making a point to other readers was to tell him not to waste his valuable human life worrying about how to become accepted into a mundane religion.

The fact is that "Hinduism" is not a "mundane religion." It is not even a "religion." Try to understand the facts before giving in to that knee-jerk reaction to preach something.

It is a term adopted by scholars and foreigners to describe the wide variety of religious traditions that existed in India (and which include Vaishnavism). Being "Hindu" or professing belief in "Hinduism" does not denote any specific philosophical belief by the very nature of the term, except possibly for having some faith in the Vedas and/or scriptures that derive their authority from Vedas.

Whether or not one can convert to "Hinduism" depends on the specific tradition of Hinduism that one is looking into. Hinduism is just a general category that denotes a variety of Vedic and post-Vedic religious traditions, nothing more. Try not to overinterpret the question just to give yourself a reason to post. Nothing is to be gained by propagating false ideas.

mun·dane audio.gifPronunciation: \ˌmən-ˈdān, ˈmən-ˌ\ Function:adjective Etymology:Middle English mondeyne, from Anglo-French mundain, from Late Latin mundanus, from Latin mundus worldDate:15th century 1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of the world 2 : characterized by the practical, transitory, and ordinary : commonplace ....e mundane concerns of day-to-day life> synonyms see earthly

Any religious practice that does not aim at servng and pleasing the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

'Earthly' means from and of the three modes of material nature. Going to heaven is mundane. Kissing up to demi-gods for favors like a good husband or son or money is mundane.

There is a mixed status of devotees who practice true spiritual activities (sadhana bhakti) with mundane desires still residing in the heart. This is a mixed stage of some spiritual life mixed with the mundane.

Only pure bhakti is free from mundane tinges and has nothing to do with sectarian religious conceptions.

mun·dane audio.gifPronunciation: \ˌmən-ˈdān, ˈmən-ˌ\ Function:adjective Etymology:Middle English mondeyne, from Anglo-French mundain, from Late Latin mundanus, from Latin mundus worldDate:15th century 1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of the world 2 : characterized by the practical, transitory, and ordinary : commonplace ....e mundane concerns of day-to-day life> synonyms see earthly

Any religious practice that does not aim at servng and pleasing the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

'Earthly' means from and of the three modes of material nature. Going to heaven is mundane. Kissing up to demi-gods for favors like a good husband or son or money is mundane.

There is a mixed status of devotees who practice true spiritual activities (sadhana bhakti) with mundane desires still residing in the heart. This is a mixed stage of some spiritual life mixed with the mundane.

Only pure bhakti is free from mundane tinges and has nothing to do with sectarian religious conceptions.

"Hinduism" is not a religion. It's a term that designates a group of religious traditions that are inspired by the Vedas. It is no more the case that being called "Hindu" implies something about your specific beliefs anymore than being called "American" implies something about your ethnicity.

In language, people come up with words to describe ideas and concepts in greater brevity. It's just easier to say "Hindus" instead of "Vaishnavas, Shaivas, Shaktas, Ganesha followers, vaiseshikas, Advaitins, nyaya followers," etc. Some people cannot seem to understand that "Hindu" is a term of convenience and nothing more, and so they program these 'bots to spew the same old nonsense, triggered by any mention of the word "Hindu" about "mundane religions" and "demigod worship."

"Hinduism" is not a religion. It's a term that designates a group of religious traditions that are inspired by the Vedas. It is no more the case that being called "Hindu" implies something about your specific beliefs anymore than being called "American" implies something about your ethnicity.

In language, people come up with words to describe ideas and concepts in greater brevity. It's just easier to say "Hindus" instead of "Vaishnavas, Shaivas, Shaktas, Ganesha followers, vaiseshikas, Advaitins, nyaya followers," etc. Some people cannot seem to understand that "Hindu" is a term of convenience and nothing more, and so they program these 'bots to spew the same old nonsense, triggered by any mention of the word "Hindu" about "mundane religions" and "demigod worship."

Therefore it is a useless word for spiritual discuusions,

So what value could there be in calling or believing oneself to be a "Hindu"?