IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
watchthisfree

Rahu and Ketu drishti

Rate this topic

Dear Ravi ji

You are right with respect to Ketu as ketu is headless he does not have desire or can say a moksha karaka

Rahu has dristi like jupiter 5 7 9 and aslo extra 12 from it as they are always retro you can say it has 2nd (If going by diamond chart)

Remember Rahu signifies previous and next birth so it has 12th dristi no other planent can see next house from it like rahu

Regards

Swapnil

Dear all, Pranams.

None is clear on the aspects of these nodes(Shadow planets).

These are all the different views.

1.As shadows they have no aspects at all.

2.Both Rahu and Ketu aspect 5,7,9 &12 in the clockwise direction like other

planets,despite their retrograde motion

3.Only Rahu with its head,looking for material pleasures, has aspects to 5,7,

9&12 while Ketu a dead body has no aspects at all.

4.Both have aspects as stated above(2) but only in the direction of their

motion(Anticlock wise).Only if Rahu is taken in to account as in 3 above,

it aspects only in the direction of its motion.

Left to individual's experience & conclusion.

This is why USR Ji has rightly said that Astrology is not a perfect science in his opinion to a post on Rahu/Sat conjunction.

Regards,

Anusha

Dear anusha ji

My query is in red underlined pls explain me

Dear all, Pranams.

Can you explain why they are chaaya grahas considered in astrologly and also scientifiacally

Please tell me how ketu will have dristi as you mentioned above both have same drisiti and also how clockwise

You earlirer said rahu ketu has 5 7 9 12 drisiti and here u say ketu is is dead so no aspect it is confusing a learner like me Can you expalin way rahu is significator of rebirth and ketu significator of moksha

Pls exaplain eariler u mentioned clk wise aspect now u stating anti clk wise what should i conclude

What are u r experince and conclusion

This is why USR Ji has rightly said that Astrology is not a perfect science in his opinion to a post on Rahu/Sat conjunction.

I got an expalination for this too first exaplian above things

Regards,

Anusha

SPOT ON

u indicated the exact...

what u said about rahu's aspects is according to BPHS...

there are no contradictory thoughts..

thats so obvious... ketu doesnt have a head/eyes.....

rahu does ....

hope rishi rahul ji answered ur other question....

goodluck....

My details are as follows

DOB: 21/09/1977

POB: Bhuj city (Gujarat state)

TOB: 20:40 pm

Aries - Lagna

Gemini - Jupiter + Mars

Leo - Venus + Mercury + Saturn

Virgo - Sun + Rahu

Sagittarius - Moon

Pisces - Ketu

I generally use the north Indian style of horoscope, where houses are diamonds and triangle shaped, is it called the diamond chart?

If Rahu has 5 7 9 12 drishti, then in my chart Rahu should aspect the 10th, 12th, 2nd and 5th house in anti-clock wise direction.

or if Rahu has 5 7 9 12 drishti, then in my chart Rahu should aspect the 2nd, 12th, 10th, and 7th house in clock wise direction.

Which one I should be considering?

Thanks

Ravi

My details are as follows

DOB: 21/09/1977

POB: Bhuj city (Gujarat state)

TOB: 20:40 pm

Aries - Lagna

Gemini - Jupiter + Mars

Leo - Venus + Mercury + Saturn

Virgo - Sun + Rahu

Sagittarius - Moon

Pisces - Ketu

I generally use the north Indian style of horoscope, where houses are diamonds and triangle shaped, is it called the diamond chart?

If Rahu has 5 7 9 12 drishti, then in my chart Rahu should aspect the 10th, 12th, 2nd and 5th house in anti-clock wise direction.

or if Rahu has 5 7 9 12 drishti, then in my chart Rahu should aspect the 2nd, 12th, 10th, and 7th house in clock wise direction.

Which one I should be considering?

Thanks

Ravi

Dear Ravi ji

As per the above chart the 2nd option of 7 10 12 2 option is right

See in northindian chart houses are counted anti clk wise here rahu retro means it is always moving clockwise so is in diamond chart rahu is in 1st house it will aspect 5 7 9 12

Since we generally consider counter clk wise dristi so it is said 2 5 7 9

Regards

Swapnil

Dear anusha ji

My query is in red underlined pls explain me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anusha

Dear all, Pranams.

Can you explain why they are chaaya grahas considered in astrologly and also scientifiacally

Please tell me how ketu will have dristi as you mentioned above both have same drisiti and also how clockwise

You earlirer said rahu ketu has 5 7 9 12 drisiti and here u say ketu is is dead so no aspect it is confusing a learner like me Can you expalin way rahu is significator of rebirth and ketu significator of moksha

Pls exaplain eariler u mentioned clk wise aspect now u stating anti clk wise what should i conclude

What are u r experince and conclusion

I got an expalination for this too first exaplian above things

Regards,

Anusha

Dear swapnil ji,Pranams

Excuse me please.If you can try to recheck my first two lines you will understand that I only mentioned about different views prevailing on the aspects of Rahu/Ketu but not of mine at all.If you can check through the various threads in this forum itself,you can your self notice the different views expressed by different astrologers.I am a learner and beg to learn from the learned ones like you.I wish I learn if you have one astrological& scientific theory on these nodes.

Regards,

Anusha

As per the above chart the 2nd option of 7 10 12 2 option is right .......

in north indian charts houses are counted anti clock wise. here rahu retro means it is always moving clockwise so is in diamond chart rahu is in 1st house it will aspect 5 7 9 12.

Since we generally consider counter clock wise dristi so it is said 2 5 7 9

Swapnilji,

Thanks a lot

Ravi

Hi,

Rahu and ketu astronomically speaking are the eclipses formed by sun and moon shadows. They are chaya grahas(shadow planets).means they are not planet at all, But virtually they are believed to be so. Rahu in certain cases are regarded as Rudra form of lord Shiva.

Since they are shadows they wont reflect. All soul needs light to generate energy.So under rahu or ketu u r lack of light u r in dark. so there is no concept of reflection.Only if other planet aspect it

the dark gets light and U find a path. If its inner light u talk about moksha - thats kethu.if its outer - u find advance ment- thats rahu.so in astrological term, there is no aspect for rahu or ketu.

Thank u

ALL THE PRAISE GOES TO LORD

Members,

Rahu literally means 'the seizer'. Ketu literally means 'bright appearance, clearness, brightness'.

Rahu and Ketu are the last two of the nine planets or grahas. In astronomy they are the ascending and descending nodes of the moon respectively.

Rahu is believed to be the cause of eclipses. Sometimes the name is used to designate the eclipse itself. Ketu is believed to be a comet who gave birth to numerous other comets.

Mythologically, Rahu was a four-armed, dragon-tailed demon called Svarabhanu. Sometimes he is represented as a black man riding a horse. He is believed to have been a great mischief-maker. When amrita arose from the churning of the ocean (see samudra manthan) and was being distributed to the gods who stood in a line to receive it, Svarabhanu is said to have disguised himself and joined them. The sun and the moon detected this mischief and reported it to Vishnu who immediately cut off his head. The head became Rahu and the body became Ketu. However, because the demon had drunk a bit of the amrita, he attained immortality and his body was placed in the stellar sphere.

It is believed that Rahu traverses the heaven in his eight-horsed chariot and tries to devour the sun and the moon for denouncing him. Whenever he succeeds in whole or in part, an eclipse of the sun or the moon takes place. Hence to this day, whenever an eclipse is noticed, people make noises, shouting, blowing horns and beating drums to drive away Rahu and thus restore the sun and the moon.

Rahu and Ketu are believed to be inauspicious and fierce. If a person is born under the influence of these planets, it is considered extremely inauspicious for them. Such persons are believed to have no peace, they are exposed to enemies, and their wisdom, riches and children are willed to be destroyed. Various yagyas and japas are enjoined to pacify these planets.

The effects of Rahu are said to be at a peak at certain parts of the day. There are many ways through which the exact time of this can be calculated. During this time, called Rahu-kala, many people cease all work and refrain from speech. No ceremony or new project begins at this inauspicious time.

Source: http://www.gurjari.net/ico/Mystica/html/rahu_ketu.htm

wbr

Ayush

Dear Member's

Here is a another take on rahu ketu with a puranic story

During the churning of amrit an asura disgusied as a god and he drink amrit this was noticed by sun and moon god they immidiately informed to lord vishnu and the lord imediately took his sudarshan chakra and cut off his throat but by that time amrit was down below his throat due to this reason rahu and ketu where formed and were imortal

In astrology rahu ketu are enimies of sun and moon as the puranic story goes that because of them they were two

Rahu is important in chart as he also signifies the cause of rebirth as it is said that person get rebirth

Ketu is mokshakaraka as he does not have any dristi (desires) that can lead native to attain moksha

This also applies that rahu and ketu are always 7 house apart as they both represent opposite desires

Will keep updating abt rahu ketu

For more information on rahu ketu and there plaement on can refer mohan koparkar article on scribd

Dear asrubbu ji

There is slight controversy here as its neccha uchha sthana are considered different

But according to me i consider Dhanu rashi as neccha stana for rahu and mithun rashi for ketu

Rahu is like a dancer he enjoys in mithun rashi lorded by budha and ketu is spritual he enjoys in dhanu lorded by guru . and you must be knowing opposite rashi is sign is for delbitation

There are also views that rahu is neecha in vrichik and ketu in vrishab

Regards

Swapnil

SPOT ON

u indicated the exact...

what u said about rahu's aspects is according to BPHS...

there are no contradictory thoughts..

thats so obvious... ketu doesnt have a head/eyes.....

rahu does ....

hope rishi rahul ji answered ur other question....

goodluck....

Exactly where in BPHS?

Dear all,

If I am right then Rahu and Ketu have no drishti/aspects in vedic astrology, am I right here? If they have then what houses that aspect? Thanks

Ravi

If you check all the classics of Vedic astrology you will find that when it comes to Rahu and Ketu there is simply no consensus of opinion regarding there drishti, nicu/uca sthans, svakshetra, mulatrikona, etc.

In my experience I have found that for Rahu-Ketu there is only the effect of conjunction. This can be easily tested by emperically observing the effect of these planets as they transit through a person's horoscope.

So far by emperical examination I have yet to see any effect of "aspect" from these grahas except when they conjoin another planet or lagna during transit. However, I am more than open to any evidence to the contrary as I have not closed myself on this yet. More work needs to be done in examining the effects during transits to see if anything happens in other locations. But it becomes very obvious when they conjoin a sensitive spot in your chart like lagna, Moon, lagna lord etc.

Try it and you will see what I mean.

Hi,

Rahu and ketu astronomically speaking are the eclipses formed by sun and moon shadows. They are chaya grahas(shadow planets).means they are not planet at all, But virtually they are believed to be so. Rahu in certain cases are regarded as Rudra form of lord Shiva.

Since they are shadows they wont reflect. All soul needs light to generate energy.So under rahu or ketu u r lack of light u r in dark. so there is no concept of reflection.Only if other planet aspect it

the dark gets light and U find a path. If its inner light u talk about moksha - thats kethu.if its outer - u find advance ment- thats rahu.so in astrological term, there is no aspect for rahu or ketu.

Thank u

ALL THE PRAISE GOES TO LORD

Don't mind my saying this but what you say is not exactly correct.

Astronomically speaking Rahu/Ketu are formed by the intersection of the orbital planes of the Sun and Moon. When two planets intersect they describe a line. When the Moon in its orbit goes from below (south) the plane of the Sun to above (north) the plane of the Sun that is called the ascending node of the Moon aka Rahu. And when she goes from above the plane of the Sun to below it that point is called the descending Node of the Moon aka Ketu.

Get a good book on spherical astronomy (like Robin M. Green's text book Spherical Astronomy) to get more details.

If you check all the classics of Vedic astrology you will find that when it comes to Rahu and Ketu there is simply no consensus of opinion regarding there drishti, nicu/uca sthans, svakshetra, mulatrikona, etc.

In my experience I have found that for Rahu-Ketu there is only the effect of conjunction. This can be easily tested by emperically observing the effect of these planets as they transit through a person's horoscope.

So far by emperical examination I have yet to see any effect of "aspect" from these grahas except when they conjoin another planet or lagna during transit. However, I am more than open to any evidence to the contrary as I have not closed myself on this yet. More work needs to be done in examining the effects during transits to see if anything happens in other locations. But it becomes very obvious when they conjoin a sensitive spot in your chart like lagna, Moon, lagna lord etc.

Try it and you will see what I mean.

Respected Somayaji & Ravi ji,

You are quite right"NO CONSENSUS" and I said the same in a different way in my last reply.I also said that it is only individual's experience and discretion to arrive at a conclusion.

There is no consensus even on their direction of aspect-clockwise or anticlockwise.There is an arguement that when forward moving grahas are said to aspect forward only,how reverse moving grahas,here Rahu/Ketu,could look forward with the retrograde face.

There is also a view that Rahu also owns Kanya & Makara houses in addition to Bhuda & Sani respectively and Ketu owns Meena in addition to Guru.

Propably some more views also,I do not know.

In this same forum you will find learned astrologers giving predictions have different views with respect to R/K aspect,propably by their own experience & discretion.

Regards,

Anusha

Dear Members

According to Jhora which i believe is developed on basis of BPHS if you look in the dristi, mooltrikona, uchha, neecha, which rahi it ows option you will get answers

I think it is fairly explained too why and how it is applied in the way

Regards

Swapnil

I am having some thought process of me to share with you regarding Rahu and Ketu. I am a student of astrology and these observations are very personal, though they may have some reference some where in authoritative texts.

Astrology as a science need to be read along with the pure philosphy (absolute science). Astrology being a relation between three aspects, Time, Place, Cosmic dynamism. Astrologically much mathematics is dealing with time and place. Coming to Cosmic dynamism so many unknown facts will surface, which is resulting into different interpretations, religiously, mythologicaly or intellectually.

Coming to our present rahu and ketu, they are the two forces representing Exist and Non Exist. This world is manifested by different forms of this exists and non exist. Though the result of it can be seen one can not see tangibly the reason and cause of existance or non existance. It is manifested through many material forms represented by other planets. Thus they are related to all the planets and are shadowy in nature. Good example of this is the binary system which can give raise to different realities as picture, sound or logic. When this basic duality is emerging from the same truth, if it is manifestive in nature it is rahu and if is unmanifested it is ketu . Here birth or death means (head or tail ) represents that only. If you can observe the mythological reference also Rahu has drank the nector and is immortal. This is the head portion of it and it is the intellect or logic which makes the material world to appear, as such he is responsible for materialistic things. Ketu on the other hand is the wholesomeness and is not differential intellect (brahman), that is why he is mokshakaraka.

Some other time i shall share with you other thoughts about rahu and ketu.

Thank you

petluru