IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sant

Happiness And Bliss

Rate this topic

radhe

Happiness is a state of mind arising by a sense of joy,pleasure or contentment.

Happiness is a pleasant sensation and unhappiness is an unpleasant sensation experienced by the embodied soul through the five senses, mind and / or intellect.

In this world what one feels favourable is happines(mahabharat)

The bhagwad gita the pefect knowledge describes happiness as of according to nature's modes

That which in the beginning may be just like poison, but at the end is just like nectar, and which awakens one to Self-realization is said to be happiness in the mode of goodness (Sattvic).

That happiness which is derived from contact of the senses with their objects and which appears like nectar at first but poison at the end is said to be of the nature of passion (Rajasic)

That happiness which is blind to Self-realization, which is delusion from beginning to end, and which arises from sleep, laziness and illusion is said to be of the nature of ignorance.

Differnt people take/DERIVE HAPPINESS FROM DIFFERENT THINGS FOR EXAMPLE ONE MAY BE HAPPY BY WHEN HE GETS A A CAR ,ONE MAY BE HAPPY WHEN HIS FAVOURITE TEAM WINS AND THE OTHER MAYBE BE HAPPY WHEN THE OPPOSITE TEAM WINS ETC.

SO IS HAPPINESS JUST A STATE OF MIND/ A CREATION OF OUR OWN MIND DUE TO THE THOUGHTS AND IDEAS PRESENT IN IT.

THE SPIRITUAL BLISS IS DIFFERNET FROM HAPPINESS.

BUT HOW.

IS IT NOT THAT WHEN THERE IS SPIRITUAL BLISS THE MIND IS ALSO HAPPY.

JAI SHRI RADAH SHYAMA

What we call happiness is simply less unhappiness. There is always underlying anxiety everywhere along that dualistic spectrum.

Pleasure is simply less pain.

Bliss, there is no anxiety. It is absolute.

What we call happiness is simply less unhappiness. There is always underlying anxiety everywhere along that dualistic spectrum.

Pleasure is simply less pain.

Bliss, there is no anxiety. It is absolute.

the act of falling in love is in itself a spiritual bliss. i`ve been there before several times. but after the love`s gone you will later miss that feeling again. why oh why? it never ends the falling in and out of love. in between there`s the feeling of separation. it`s like losing someone you dearly loved and missed. then it comes back again. why oh why? there can only be one explanation when you`re in love with God. when he comes you feel elated, when he goes you feel sad. that`s love. you are love personified, my lord! love is you... and no one else.

That which in the beginning may be just like poison, but at the end is just like nectar, and which awakens one to Self-realization is said to be happiness in the mode of goodness (Sattvic).

Is the happinesss talked here same as spritual bliss.

June 11 is my mama`s bday. my papa`s bday was on may 29. both are geminis. sadly, i wasn`t able to attend my papa`s bday party. i was out cold during that time. my failure to attend my papa`s 80th bday bash left a big dent on his psyche. my papa and mama declared right after the party that i was a persona-non grata. my mama would snubbed me whenever i`m near. now, it`s her bday. i enclosed inside 2 envelopes a meager amount of money as bday gifts, one envelope says, " belated happy birthday papa ling!" and the the other one, " happy bday mama julie!" i gave the 2 envelopes to melsa, my 17 year old daughter and told her to give this to her grand ma right after i go to work. not personally giving these presents to her with a hug.

this narrative is the very opposite of what this thread is all about. i don`t know whether if i should laugh or cry.:):crying2:

Tell me when someone is experiencing bliss derived out of sadhna or chanting is it the same as happiness derived when you know youve passed an exam or something else that gives you happiness.IS it the same hapinesss you get when you make others happy by donating something etc or is it different..

It is said that the mann is the doer and the enjoyer.Your mind creates happiness according to the mode of nature you possess at that time.

People say that you attach your mind towards god.So is the feeling of devotion Another creation of mind or is real devotion different.