IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Ahara Vimaladvaita

Ganesa Form

Rate this topic

Hy to all!

I will start doing some new sadhana and meditation. I thnik i will use mantra Om Gam Ganapataye Namah. But can some one hellp me find the right picture of Ganapati on internet so that i can vizualize his form, think on his form and study his form?? Can you paste link of a picture??

Namaste to all,

Ahara Vimaladvaita

There many forms of Ganesa. Many pictures and whole galleries are available.

It is not the Mantra but the Dhyana Sloka which determines the form you worship.

Have you decided a form?

A list of sites about Ganesa.

http://www.dmoz.org/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/Hinduism/Gods_and_Goddesses/Ganesha/

I dont know... I'm kind of new with Ganesa. I started to read book named Loving Ganesa but i've only started to read it... There are many forms but which form do you recommend??? Please hellp :/

Oo... and can you explain me more about Dhyana Sloka????

Ahara Ji,

Eventhough I lack of experience and knowlege, I feel I have to write a reply to your query. I reckon you are into Lord Ganesh worship, as the blessed member of the forum said, there are many representations of Lord Ganesh in images. I really feel that, you should choose whatever picture that you can connect to. Then maybe you can seek a guru to learn about the proper way of worshipping Lord Ganesh. I cannot suggest more, and I live it to the seniors and learned ones here. Namaste.

Ahara Ji,

Eventhough I lack of experience and knowlege, I feel I have to write a reply to your query. I reckon you are into Lord Ganesh worship, as the blessed member of the forum said, there are many representations of Lord Ganesh in images. I really feel that, you should choose whatever picture that you can connect to. Then maybe you can seek a guru to learn about the proper way of worshipping Lord Ganesh. I cannot suggest more, and I live it to the seniors and learned ones here. Namaste.

Thank you for that! So if i want i can chose any form of ganesh like: Bala Ganapati, Taruna Ganapati, Bhakti Ganapati, Vira Ganapati, Sakti Ganapati, Dvija Ganapati, Siddhi Ganapati, Ucchishta Ganapati, Vighna Ganapati, Kshipra Ganapati, Heramba Ganapati, Lakshmi Ganapati, Maha Ganapati, Vijaya Ganapati, Yoga Ganapati, Durga Ganapati,.........????

Thank you for that! So if i want i can chose any form of ganesh like: Bala Ganapati, Taruna Ganapati, Bhakti Ganapati, Vira Ganapati, Sakti Ganapati, Dvija Ganapati, Siddhi Ganapati, Ucchishta Ganapati, Vighna Ganapati, Kshipra Ganapati, Heramba Ganapati, Lakshmi Ganapati, Maha Ganapati, Vijaya Ganapati, Yoga Ganapati, Durga Ganapati,.........????

Exactly. You are free to choose whatever form of the Lord that you feel strong connection with. Again the prime thing is do consult a guru or a priest to explain about the relevant sadhana and worship procedures that are suited to your capacity. In my humble thinking, bhakti and diligence in your sadhana are far more important. Namaste.

Exactly. You are free to choose whatever form of the Lord that you feel strong connection with. Again the prime thing is do consult a guru or a priest to explain about the relevant sadhana and worship procedures that are suited to your capacity. In my humble thinking, bhakti and diligence in your sadhana are far more important. Namaste.
It's easy to say for someone who comes from india where are many gurus and such. Here in slovenia there are non. And i can't afford a trip to india or any other country as well :(! What to do... I think that the best way to find out is to listen to my feelings and intuition and try to find out which form suits me (and afcorse read and learn about Ganesa as much as i can!!!)! What do you think about that?

It's easy to say for someone who comes from india where are many gurus and such. Here in slovenia there are non. And i can't afford a trip to india or any other country as well :(! What to do... I think that the best way to find out is to listen to my feelings and intuition and try to find out which form suits me (and afcorse read and learn about Ganesa as much as i can!!!)! What do you think about that?

Respected Ahara Ji,

I am not from India too. I understand your feeling about the inability to find the guru due to your geographical location. Please correct your assumption that it is easier for people in India to find their spiritual path just because there are a lot of gurus here. It is the same like elsewhere. As blessed the people of India are, not all of the population are enlightened. Not all are leading a spiritual life. What you see or hear may not be necessarily true.

What matters is your freewill and the level of ability to take the pain and hurdles in your quest in searching a spiritual life. Anyone can make transformation in their life, wherever they are, by the grace of god, and if your intentions are pure enough.

Coming back to the topic, in your case, it is wise for you to read up a a lot about Lord Ganesh. The book that you are currently reading too, is good. Now, after you have choosen the image of the Lord, of your choice, please be in touch with learned people here. Start a thread with precise title, eg How to Worship Lord Ganesh or How to Do Ganesh Sadhana. I am sure there are blessed seniors, learned people or people of similiar path you have chosen would respond in this forum.

Do look up in the internet too. Again, I should repeat, it is beneficial to find a guru. But then.....what you feel inside is important rather than following eloborate procedures of worship as a mere routine.

Again, I still have to acknowledge that, I am not the right person to tell you all these. There are many blessed members in this forum that could help you. Keep trying. Good luck.

*I apologise for any remarks made by me above that might offend any people in this forum*

Sorry, I could not respond earlier because of the time difference. It was night in India.

Now kshama has explained most of the things.

dhyana sloka is the prayer which describes the Deity.

Since you do not have any particular form in mind, please visit

http://www.siddhivinayak.org/index.asp

The site of the Siddhi Vinayak temple, Mumbai.

Have a virtual dharshan.

You can download the picture of the Deity. The site also contains a lot of information about Ganesa worship.

You can download Ganapathi Atharva Seersha from there and recite it daily. But I found their transliteration difficult to read.

You can try this and also google for it

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2199553/Ganesha-Atharva-Sheersha

Durva Grass is special for Ganesa. That alone is sufficient. I do not know whether it grows in Slovenia. Check it up.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2699176990101979459pgYtQh

Never never use Basil (Tulsi) leaves for Ganesa.

Please post if you need any clarification.

Aharaji nice to know someone from Slovenia interested in Hindu religion and wants to do sadhana of Shri Ganesha.

Here Kshamaji and Kaliji has advised you correctly.Still you want a Guru then think of God Shivji(Shri Shankara a form of shriShivji and a father of Ganesha)as your guru.Start your pooja with his devine and most simple mantra Om Namah Shivaya then proceed for Shri Ganesha sadhana.I wish you very best on the way you have chosen may Shri Ganesha removes all obstacles in your life.

Ek dantay Vidmahe Vakratunday Dhimahi

Tanno danti prachodayat.

Durva Grass is special for Ganesa. That alone is sufficient. I do not know whether it grows in Slovenia. Check it up.

Yes thanks kali upasak ji it this only i think not a flower.

Sorry.

Many thanks to all... Now i will read even more texts on Ganesa and other stuf and i think i will have a lot of quaestions... Soon i will choose a form of Ganesh that i think it's good for me and i will let you know how i did it and what is that form. Many thanks again.

Interesting site. It says that one should get up three ours before the dawn and do som meditation tehnique and puja and so on. I'm curious at what time do you people get up and meditate and how long do you meditate (how many minutes)? And if you meditate in the evenings at what time do you??

I wake up at 4 AM and im taking a bath. Thene i'm going to meditate on Ganesh and i do that for little more than 30 minutes. In the evening i go and meditate from 20:45 to 21:15...

Interesting site. It says that one should get up three ours before the dawn and do som meditation tehnique and puja and so on. I'm curious at what time do you people get up and meditate and how long do you meditate (how many minutes)? And if you meditate in the evenings at what time do you??

I wake up at 4 AM and im taking a bath. Thene i'm going to meditate on Ganesh and i do that for little more than 30 minutes. In the evening i go and meditate from 20:45 to 21:15...

Good i think you meditate more than me.

Im not even a regular early riser.

i dont meditate that much.

Any ways i think about 3 hours before sunrise is known as brahm muhurat.

THis is a good time to meditate.

Different puraans have different things to follow.

This is the ganesh puraan.

Yes thanks kali upasak ji it this only i think not a flower.

Sorry.

This is grass. We do Archana with more than 32 kinds of leaves and grass to Ganesha. Then with different kind of flowers. But Durva is a speciality for Ganesa. We say durva Yugmam samarpayami at the end.

You had asked about a flower shaped like a yantra. I have not come across that.

But there is a flower which is called kaman gola/Naga linga Pushpam. It has got a Linga with a thousand headed snake guarding it.

http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Cannon%20Ball%20Tree.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couroupita_guianensis

This is grass. We do Archana with more than 32 kinds of leaves and grass to Ganesha. Then with different kind of flowers. But Durva is a speciality for Ganesa. We say durva Yugmam samarpayami at the end.

You had asked about a flower shaped like a yantra. I have not come across that.

But there is a flower which is called kaman gola/Naga linga Pushpam. It has got a Linga with a thousand headed snake guarding it.

http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalo...ll%20Tree.html

Yes i heard its is used just like a yantra is used.

I dont remember much but i heard it from baba avdhut shivanand.

If i get to know ill tell.

Thanks again

in the site the bengali name was given caman gola which is a direct translation of cannon ball . but traditional bengali name is naagchampa or naagkesar .

the trees are huge in size . luckily the flowers bloom near the base of the trunk where it is easy to collect . i have one such plant at my place of residence . unfortunately the flowers tend to rot very easily as they are fleshy and one might find it unsuitable for archana .

1. Importance of flowers in puja ritual

There are subtle frequencies of deities active in the atmosphere. These frequencies are attracted towards certain flowers. These frequencies are then emitted back into atmosphere and are then known as ‘
pavitrak
’. Before we come to the topic of spiritual benefits of offering flowers, let us first see the difference between frequencies and
pavitraks

• The subtle principle of deities attracted to a flower from space is called frequencies while the same deity principle when gets emited into atmosphere is called as
    pavitrak

• The frequencies are subtle most and comparatively more unmanifest (
    nirgun
    ) form of deity principle while a
    pavitrak
    is the subtle and manifest form of the same deity principle.

Let us now see the subtle drawing of a Hibiscus flower

1237720872_jaswand.jpg

• The Ganesh principle present in the universe gets attracted towards the central space of the red coloured Hibiscus flower and is emitted in the form of circles.

• The Ganesh principle which is absorbed by the stem of the flower gets emitted through the petals in the atmosphere.

• The stamen of the flower absorbs the Ganesh principle present in the atmosphere and emits the particles which donate vital energy or
    pranshakti

• The Hibiscus flower is of
    raja-sattva
    nature. As a result divine energy (
    shakti
    ) and divine consciousness (
    chaitanya
    ) are emitted from its petals.

Thus this subtle drawing must have made it clear to our viewers as to how the frequencies of deity principles are attracted towards flower and how through the medium of various parts of flower the same deity frequencies are emitted in the atmosphere in the form of
pavitraks
. Thus it is quite clear that the emission or projection of deity principles and
pavitraks
is a process taking place at a spiritual level. The effect of this process is multifold. One of this is reduction in the strengh of
raja-tama
principle present in the atmosphere.

The negative energies present in the atmosphere get distressed due to the deity principle
pavitraks
projected by the
sattvik
flowers. Their
tama
component dominated energy or what we call as black energy is either reduce or gets destroyed. In short the
sattvik
flowers fight with the negative energies present in the atmosphere by emitting frequencies of deity principles. Such flowers when brought into contact with a person suffering from the distress of negative energy then the negative energy which has entered the person subsides.

To understand this topic clearly will have to first know the distinction between ‘Negative energy’ and ‘black energy’. There are some distressing energies in the atmosphere which trouble us. They are subtle in nature. They are called ‘negative energies’. The energy of deities is known by the terms such as
chaitanya
(divine consciousness), bliss(
ananda
) and
shanti
(peace) while the energy of negative energies is known as ‘black energy’. The deities are
sattva
predominant while the negative energies are
tama
predominant!

A deity looks after our welfare whereas negative energies does us harm. When a person is severely affected by the negative energy distress, his control over his mind, body and intellect is reduced and that of negative energy is increased. This affects the thoughts, emotions etc of the person. Such an affected person when come in contact with an atmosphere predominant in
sattva
component then there is friction between the positive
sattva
atmosphere and negative energy. This can manifest in various forms. This may be in the form of a simple thought of leaving the place or a violent reaction. Sometimes these destructive thoughts can become manifest on a physical level. Under such circumstances the negative energy may manifest grossly in the form of sudden burst of anger, shouting, throwing of objects and not only this, it may take any form of destruction such as plundering and breaking of surrounding things.

This must have definitely introduced you to the topic of distressing or negative energies. So let us move back to the original topic where we are going to see the effect of
sattvik
flowers on negative energies.

Let us see the effect of hibiscus flower on the woman suffering from distress of negative energy in the subtle dimension with the help of a subtle drawing.

1237720920_jaswand_effect.jpg

• Shri Ganesh principle frequencies present in the universe get attracted to the Hibiscus flower.

• The attracted frequencies get converted into
    shakti
    and
    chaitanya
    and are emitted in the atmosphere.

• The emitted energy is of destroyer type that it reduces the covering of black energy generated by the negative energy around the woman.

• There is formation of
    chaitanya
    in the heart of the woman as a result of emitted
    chaitanya

• The subtle particles of destroyer form of energy are projected in the atmosphere.

This subtle drawing must have helped you to understand the importance of
sattvik
flowers. When we offer such
sattvik
flowers to a deity during
puja
then the deity frequencies are emitted from the flowers on a large scale. This not only benefits the worshipper but also makes the surrounding atmosphere
sattvik

Is it posible that this tree will grow in mediteranian climate here in Slovenia (Europe) :)?? If it's posible where can i get seeds??

This tree is a native of the amazon. It is not native to India. It is in the threatened species of plants.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57539/

http://www.thefloweringgarden.com/couroupita.htm

It does grow in Florida, U.S.

The best way is to check with the local botanical sources. The local botanical garden may have one. But then you may not be able to import the seeds because of the present restrictions on importing foreign plants.