IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gaonkar.swapnil

How to select canditional dasa ?

Rate this topic

Swapnil,

Don't mind what i have to say now, why don't you ask Rishi rahul about it.

Regards

j.s.sandhu

Dear Members

How to apply conditional dasa system if more than one is satisfying the rule

For example

If in chart condition for dwi sapti dasa is satisfying and also for satabdika dasa

then which should be selected

Regards

Swapnil

Aum Gurubhyo namah

namaste

dear shri.gaonkar.swapnil

the author of the jaganatha hora software, shri.narasimha

once wrote in about the conditionality based on the

theory of probablity. The writing is not with me now.

However, for every dasa there is a governor. look at the strength of

the governor to decide about the application.

may mother bless all

sasiekaran.

Dear swapnil,

In Vimsottari and Udu dasas, Shri Sanjay Rath, enumerates all the

criterias for the conditional dasas. There is a order that he gives

for example

a. check ashtottari

b. check shodasottari etc.

When sun is in lagna, the conditional dasa to be used is Shasti

Hayani dasa. Since for Vivekananda Sun is also The AK, this dasa is

applicable even though there are some dasas applicable in his chart

who get higher precedence.

regards

J.s.sandhu

Dear Sandhu ji

I have put in question in mystic too lets hope rishi ji replies

I would appreciate if you too put some light on it too because this question came in my mind when i was looking an example chart

Regards

Swapnil

Ashtottari dasa is perhaps the most popular dasa system in India after Vimsottari dasa. Sage Parasara listed it as a conditional dasa applicable only in some charts. The conditions for its applicability are highly controversial.

In this system, the sum of all dasas is 108 years. Ashtottari means “ashtottara sata”, i.e. one hundred and eight. Because poornaayush (full life) of a man is 108 years, some scholars have suggested that ashtottari dasa is best used as an ayur dasa, i.e. a dasa that shows longevity.

There are three different views on the applicability of Ashtottari dasa:

(1) Ashtottari dasa is applicable in all charts.

(1) Ashtottari dasa is applicable if Rahu, who is not in lagna, is in a quadrant or a trine from lagna lord.

(1) Ashtottari dasa is applicable for daytime births in Krishna paksha (darker fortnight) and night time births in Sukla paksha (brighter fortnight).

Some people use Ashtottari dasa as an ayur dasa and see longevity in it. Some other people use Ashtottari dasa as a phalita dasa. Because only chara karakas, i.e. Rahu and the seven planets, have dasas under the Ashtottari dasa scheme, it may also be suggested that it shows events related to sustenance, achievements, raja yogas and moksha (just like chara karakas do). Some people, however, prefer to see all matters in Ashtottari dasa.

Dear swapnil check this book

PREDICTING THROUGH DWISAPTATI SAMA DASA, A conditional dasa of Maharishi Parasara - Manoj Pathak,

How to calculate Dwisaptati Sama Dasha: Count the number of nakshatras from Moola to the birth nakshatra, divide by eight. The remainder indicates the dasha at birth. Dwisaptati sama dasha is a nakshatra dasha but the nakshatra lords under this scheme are different from the Vimshottari dasha scheme. Dasha periods are 9 years each. On page 20 is a table of nakshatras & their lords under this system. Ketu has no lordship. Order of dashas follows that of days of the week: 1. Sun (Sunday), 2. Moon (Monday), 3. Mars (Tuesday), 4. Mercury (Wednesday), etc., with Rahu (8 & 0) following after Saturn/Saturday (7). The numbers indicate the dasha lords as found in the division by 8 remainder.

Today there are many written materials on vimsottari dasha and its use. It is a well known fact that dasha may be initiated from various points, such as utpana, lagna etc. It is also a well known fact that there are other udu dasha variations and conditions, known as conditional dashas. However, my aim is not to deal with it, since my Guru has written a book on Udu and Vimsottari dasha which I very recommend. So, I will not focus on conditions as how to use the dasas, how to choose the appropriate dashas etc. My point is to help you out and guide you a step by step in using and understanding properly how to judge Maha, Antar, Pratyantar, Sookshma, Prana and Deha levels of the dashas, as well as how to rectify the birthchart through dasha to the most minute level of DEHA! For that reason, this article will be given in sequence where each step will be explained.

Before I start there are a few issues to clear:

1. You cannot use Rashi Chart only. To be able to rectify the chart to the most subtle level, you must use Shodasavarga System, which is the “expansion” of Rashi chart, or our universe. Shodasavarga system falls into a “Nadi” group where these charts indicate our self to the most subtle level of pulse. Other charts like Shastamsa and Rudramsa, do not belong to this “expansion” of self, and are used for other purpose. Those who use only Rashi chart, and try to explain everything, such as the life of the parents, siblings etc in detail, only reveal their ignorance and misunderstanding of Parashara and other sages who clearly gave instructions what to see from which chart. For example my Jyotish guru has the same planetary positions apart from Chandra pada position as Whitney Huston in his Rashi Chart:). Some astrologers try to use Charakarakas in Rashi chart only to explain the events of a person, their family, children etc. This is again apsurd, and reveals their ignorance of Jaimini sutras and inability to understand various subtle differences of placements of charakarakas in rashi and divisional charts. For example, atmakaraka has completelly different role in Rashi chart and Navamsa Chart. Matru and Pitrukaraka have completelly different uses in Rashi and Dvadasamsa Charts. Therefore, before venturing into a detailed birth time rectification, such and other basics should be well understood.

2. Kindly note a prashna chart. There are standard rules to use in a prashna chart, and check whether the birth lagna is correct, whether the placement of Chandra is correct (in case a day is uncertain), and whether Navamsa Lagna is correct. All these can be seen from the correct prashna chart.

Now let us start:

1. Mahadasha should be always be seen from the Sun. Take the Sun and see the plaement of Mahadasha lord from it. Study the placement to understand it properly. Basic knowledge of Surya Lagna and planetary positions therof should be known.

2. The next step is to find the karya bhava or the bhava which indicated the event. IF the event involves mother, fourth house from the sun should have something to do with the mahadasha. Treat the karya bhava as a starting point to examine mahadasha. The more precise step should be seen in Dvadashamsa chart, which is in this case more important than a Rashi chart. Only after the Mahadasha Lord confirms the event you can be sure that the time is correct. There is also a procedure to check the Mahadasha Lord from karaka lagna however, this is not necessary in the first step.

3. Next step is to see the span of possible time of birth by examining the antardasha lord. Antardasha lord should be examined from Moon and Arudha Lagna. You should again examine the karya bhava from these two points and see how antardasha and which antardasha will confirm the event from these two points.

4. Now, once you have chosen the correct antardasha, the pratyantar dasha should be seen from Lagna. Again take the same procedure and see how pratyandar dasha affects the karya bhava from lagna. Once you do it, the time frame has been fixed to a quite precise time birth, and the subtle rectification is required.

Please note: Maha, Antara and Pratyantara Lords indicate what we receive from the world, and how the world around us changes. It is for that reason that these three time factors are not changing very quickly in comparison to sukshma, prana and deha levels.

Many astrologers will further correct birthtime on the basis of kunda and pranapada which is correct. However, I want to focus further on rectification based on the event timing, and finding correct sukshma, prana and deha levels of a dasha. To understand this please follow the same pattern:

1. Sun, Moon and Lagna

These three levels are related to very personal experiences of events. Therefore” My world” changes very quickly and normally these three levels change quite fast. The pattern related to Sun, Moon and Lagna slightly differs in these three levels . To be continued…

Hora Sara

Ch. 31. Nakshatra Jataka

The Dasha periods, in the scheme of Nakshatra Dasha, otherwise known, as Udu Dasha, or Vimshottari Dasha, are: 6, 10, 7, 18, 16, 19, 17, 7 and 20 years, respectively, for Surya, Chandra, Kuja, Rahu, Guru, Sani, Budha, Ketu and Sukra. These Dashas are lorded by the Grahas in the above order, counted from the Nakshatr Kritika. The order of the Dashas counts from one’s birth Nakshatr (i.e. the one occupied by Chandra), or the Nakshatr, in which Lagna is rising at birth. The ending periods of all the Grahas will be normally evil. During the conclusion of the Dashas of Surya, Kuja, Sani and Rahu, there will be diseases, destruction of wealth, disputes and evil incidents. The native’s death can occur during the Dasha of a Grah yuti with a malefic, or with Randhr’s lord. The Dasha of the particular Nakshatr, which is occupied by a malefic Grah, will bring about sorrow. The extent traversed in the said Nakshatr by the said cruel Grah will indicate the possible time. In the three groups of Nakshatras, if there is a weak malefic without Drishti from a benefic, such Dasha will cause death in its end. In the Dasha of a Grah occupying Rasi Sandhi (i.e. the area, where one Rasi ends and the other one starts), there will be diseases. In the end of the Dasha of the Grah, that heads towards the 30th degree of the Rasi concerned, death will take place. The portion still to elapse in the Janm Nakshatr should be multiplied by the Dasha years (as mentioned in Sloka 1 of this Ch.) and divided by 60. The quotient will indicate the years to lapse, as yet in the Dasha concerned. Similar calculations should be made through the remainder to ascertain the months etc. The Dasha effects should be predicted in the same order (from the balance of Janm Dasha obtained, as per Sloka 17). To obtain the Bhukti period of one Grah in the Dasha of another multiply the figure of years mutually and divide by 120. The Bhukti period is years is revealed. The effects of Antar Dashas stated earlier, should be applied. The results of Ketu will be, like that of Kuja, while Rahu’s effects will be, like Sani’s. The other Grahas produce even effects due to their nature. Thus, the good and bad of the Dashas should be understood. The effects of the Nakshatras (i.e. Vimshottari Dasha system) is acceptable to all, as stated. After very minutely examining these, the Dasha results should be predicted. Should Surya in transit reach the Rasi occupied by the Bhukti lord at birth, the effects will be marked to the particular Dasha. The effects should be calculated from the stronger of the two, i.e. Chandra and Lagna at birth. Thus ends the 31st Ch. entitled “Nakshatra Jataka” in Horashara of Prithuyasas, son of Varah Mihira.

Dear swapnil,

Read the Pvr lessons u uploaded on scribd ,again and again till u understand the applicibility.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

quote=gaonkar.swapnil]Dear Sandhu ji

I have put in question in mystic too lets hope rishi ji replies

I would appreciate if you too put some light on it too because this question came in my mind when i was looking an example chart

Regards

Swapnil