IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
deepak22

Who Is God?

Rate this topic

Everyone keeps on fighting who is the supreme god! some says SHIVA and many here keeps on telling thats its KRISHNA ! But is there any book who says so? is there anyone who can tell me where he has read this and where?

there is only one god , the supreme one , but we humans keeps on fighting for SHIVA,VISHNU(KRISHNA)

VISHNU AND SHIVA . IF WE HAVE A SMALL LOOK AT VISHNU PURANA

AND HAVE A LOOK AT SHIVA PURANA

http://www.dharmakshetra.com/literature/puranas/shiva.html

THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE . WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE? WHAT IS THE TRUTH ?

WHATEVER WE HUMAN HAVE DONE IS ONLY FOR OUR BENEFITS. WHAT IS THE TRUTH ?

HAVE WE BEEN MISLED FROM THE BEGINNIG ?

WHO IS GOD?

The conception of God and the conception of Absolute Truth are not on the same level. The Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam hits on the target of the Absolute Truth. The conception of God indicates the controller, whereas the conception of the Absolute Truth indicates the summum bonum or the ultimate source of all energies. There is no difference of opinion about the personal feature of God as the controller because a controller cannot be impersonal. Of course modern government, especially democratic government, is impersonal to some extent, but ultimately the chief executive head is a person, and the impersonal feature of government is subordinate to the personal feature. So without a doubt whenever we refer to control over others we must admit the existence of a personal feature. Because there are different controllers for different managerial positions, there may be many small gods. According to the Bhagavad-gītā any controller who has some specific extraordinary power is called a vibhūtimat sattva, or controller empowered by the Lord. There are many vibhūtimat sattvas, controllers or gods with various specific powers, but the Absolute Truth is one without a second. This Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam designates the Absolute Truth or the summum bonum as the paraḿ satyam.

The author of Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, Śrīla Vyāsadeva, first offers his respectful obeisances unto the paraḿ satyam (Absolute Truth), and because the paraḿ satyam is the ultimate source of all energies, the paraḿ satyam is the Supreme Person. The gods or the controllers are undoubtedly persons, but the paraḿ satyam from whom the gods derive powers of control is the Supreme Person. The Sanskrit word īśvara (controller) conveys the import of God, but the Supreme Person is called the parameśvara, or the supreme īśvara. The Supreme Person, or parameśvara, is the supreme conscious personality, and because He does not derive any power from any other source, He is supremely independent. In the Vedic literatures Brahmā is described as the supreme god or the head of all other gods like Indra, Candra and Varuṇa, but the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam confirms that even Brahmā is not independent as far as his power and knowledge are concerned. He received knowledge in the form of the Vedas from the Supreme Person who resides within the heart of every living being. That Supreme Personality knows everything directly and indirectly. Individual infinitesimal persons, who are parts and parcels of the Supreme Personality, may know directly and indirectly everything about their bodies or external features, but the Supreme Personality knows everything about both His external and internal features.

Everyone keeps on fighting who is the supreme god! some says SHIVA and many here keeps on telling thats its KRISHNA ! But is there any book who says so? is there anyone who can tell me where he has read this and where?

there is only one god , the supreme one , but we humans keeps on fighting for SHIVA,VISHNU(KRISHNA)

VISHNU AND SHIVA . IF WE HAVE A SMALL LOOK AT VISHNU PURANA

AND HAVE A LOOK AT SHIVA PURANA

http://www.dharmakshetra.com/literature/puranas/shiva.html

THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE . WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE? WHAT IS THE TRUTH ?

WHATEVER WE HUMAN HAVE DONE IS ONLY FOR OUR BENEFITS. WHAT IS THE TRUTH ?

HAVE WE BEEN MISLED FROM THE BEGINNIG ?

WHO IS GOD?

God is that wonderful flute player in Goloka Vrndavan whose name is Govinda ( Krsnah), the Primeval Lord whose personal effulgence the unlimited brahmajyoti is manifested. In that brahmajyoti there are innumerable universes and each is filled with innumerable planets ( Brahma-samhita 5.40). When Lord Govinda wants to end this cosmic manifestation, He becomes Lord Siva whose task is to destroy it.

you have come to a wrong place . this forum has been fighting for the answer since it was first started and is still without answers .

if you are expecting all members to answer to one conclusion then you are certainly living in a fools paradise .

you have come to a wrong place . this forum has been fighting for the answer since it was first started and is still without answers .

if you are expecting all members to answer to one conclusion then you are certainly living in a fools paradise .

I`m not expecting all the members here to answer to one conclusion who God is. To each his own if one says God is Sambhu or Krsnah. People have diverse mentalities to quote Srila Prabhupada. And that is due to their personal karmas. Some people worship Sambhu as God because maybe they want to smoke ganja. But those who worship Krsnah as God worship Him as such is because they love His pastimes as the wonderful flute player who lifted up Govardhana Hill to protect Vrndavan from being flooded from the torrential rains brought upon by Lord Indra the King of heaven on the residents of Vrndavan. Maybe they just can`t help reminisce how Krsnah stole the clothes of the damsels of Vraja while they were bathing in the Yamuna river. Or how He was able to obtain 16,108 wives while in Dvaraka, so on and so forth. Yes, it`s true I`m living in a fool`s paradise if I insist that Krsnah is God. But who doesn`t if one also insist that it`s Sambhu whom we should worship as God. But if we don`t believe in God then that`s another story.

I`m not expecting all the members here to answer to one conclusion who God is. To each his own if one says God is Sambhu or Krsnah. People have diverse mentalities to quote Srila Prabhupada. And that is due to their personal karmas. Some people worship Sambhu as God because maybe they want to smoke ganja. But those who worship Krsnah as God worship Him as such is because they love His pastimes as the wonderful flute player who lifted up Govardhana Hill to protect Vrndavan from being flooded from the torrential rains brought upon by Lord Indra the King of heaven on the residents of Vrndavan. Maybe they just can`t help reminisce how Krsnah stole the clothes of the damsels of Vraja while they were bathing in the Yamuna river. Or how He was able to obtain 16,108 wives while in Dvaraka, so on and so forth. Yes, it`s true I`m living in a fool`s paradise if I insist that Krsnah is God. But who doesn`t if one also insist that it`s Sambhu whom we should worship as God. But if we don`t believe in God then that`s another story.

hey , that was not meant for you but the original poster !

sorry if you are offended !! :(

i saw this thread i immideately felt that what would ultimately follow is another shiva krishna shakti debate as has been going on for 5000 years in india . thats why i felt that it is highly unwise to ask such questions over internet where you would be left more confused .

hey , that was not meant for you but the original poster !

sorry if you are offended !! :(

i saw this thread i immideately felt that what would ultimately follow is another shiva krishna shakti debate as has been going on for 5000 years in india . thats why i felt that it is highly unwise to ask such questions over internet where you would be left more confused .

I thought that was meant for me, sambya, my friend.:)

Only in the eyes of a child who does not know who is his father.

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray

This quotation has been attributed to Emerson also.

I never thought some people could hate their Mothers so much. Sad.

In all the major religions of the world, God is always conceived of as a male figure.

In India, there are some cults that think that God is female, but they are a small segment of the human population.

So, the shaktas of India shouldn't think that they can broadcast all over the world that God is female and expect a very sympathetic response.

God is father. Nature is Mother. The combination of the two have given us birth in this world.

That is the most common belief is human civilization.

The idea that God is female is simply comical to most people of the world.

In all the major religions of the world, God is always conceived of as a male figure.

In India, there are some cults that think that God is female, but they are a small segment of the human population.

So, the shaktas of India shouldn't think that they can broadcast all over the world that God is female and expect a very sympathetic response.

God is father. Nature is Mother. The combination of the two have given us birth in this world.

That is the most common belief is human civilization.

The idea that God is female is simply comical to most people of the world.

You make an outrageous statement which is an insult to Motherhood. And now you justify it with an attack on Sakthism.

I had said

Mother is GOD in the eyes of a Child.

This is a quote from William Makepeace Thackeray or Emerson. When did these people become Sakthas?

If you google this you will find that it is a Christian belief. An example

http://www.swedenborg.org/odb/sermon_detail.cfm?sermonID=3553

The Vedas say Mathru Devo Bhava.

Hinduism and all religions of the world accept the sanctity of Motherhood. The only exceptions are some sects of a religion where women are considered slaves and property.

Krishna Consciousness is not one of them.

You seem to hate the Sakthas so much that you do not mind denigrating all the Mothers of the world to say something against Sakthism.

This is not Sakthism Vs Vaishnavism. But an attack on the sacred institution of Motherhood. Your statement is an insult to Motherhood. And also women in general.

Talking about the name of the father read the story of Sathyakama Jabala in the Upanishads.

the first word a child utters is ma . next his mom teaches him where is his 'pa' !!!!!!

may be it happens the other way round in your part of the world (not suprising western girls are so manly unlike here in the east) , but in india that has been the tradition for centuries . the deepest human bond for any average indian would be his 'maa' !!!

Ramananda Raya quoted a verse from Srimad Bhagavatam(10.8.46) wherein Maharaja Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Goswami about the magnitude of righteous activity performed by Yasoda, the mother of Krsnah, enabling her to be called " mother" and her breasts be sucked by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He also quoted another verse from Srimad Bhagavatam( 10.9.20) in which it is stated that Yasoda received such incomparable mercy from the Supreme Personality of Godhead that it can not even be compared to the mercy received by Brahma, the first created living being, or by Lord Siva, or even by the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, who is always situated on the chest of Lord Visnu.

By the way, the first word a child utters when he is born into this world is not "Maa!" but " Uhaa!"