IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
greatt

Please help me: long term constipation and migraine turned into numbess

Rate this topic

Hi,

i've posted this on three forums: ayurveda; health and well being; and Vedic astrology and jyotisha

i am having constipation since i was 14. Now i'm 22, male. the long standing constipation had given rise to intense migraine or headache which makes me feel as if my head is going to burst, very irritable, unable to focus on one thing at a time, lack of concentration in studies or even watching tv or reading for leisure. I am sure the migraine was due to constipation because whenever i passed stools, my headache would reduce. Now the headache has turned into numbness: the top of my head, my temples and my chin bone and cheek bones have gone very numb, my forehead has shrunk: its become smaller(in height). Infact my whole face is shrunk and i look as if starved. my eyesight has gotten weaker. my face overall has gotten smaller and pale. I have already tried(after prescription) : triphala. although it used to work before, it hardly makes any difference to my problem. i have great problem eating: i take about one hour to have my lunch. The problem is not appetite( i have quite a huge appetite) but because of constipation and the toxicity(or "ama") and phlegm(congestion in chest, throat, head) that it induces, the difficulty in eating arises. Nowadays, i am even losing my sense of taste and smell. My jaws , chin are getting stiffer and moer numb.

I would describe my problem as a wild aggravation of vata. i worry excessively, about my future, my health. i am very imaginative. I am always restless and my mind is occupied with some thought or the other. The problem has now gotten so much worse that i can no longer stand living with my parents. I cant even adjust and live with my own family, which is why, after some very excruciating debate, have finally moved out and now i am staying alone. my vata aggravates like mad especially when i am staying people. I cant relax when i am with people, i keep talking some useless thing with people( my classmates or my family) just to fill the horrible restlessness and discomfort(of people). I keep thinking about many things , various things like my hobbies and my interests and am deeply influenced by them . For example, football fascinates me, so does world mythology and i get lost thinking about their glory or visualizing a how a great goal(football) was constructed / how the wrath of one god led to chaos in some kind of heaven or something etc etc.

I am also an avid gamer, I get lost playing computer games and am quite addicted to them. Its like i cant control myself. I am unable to calm myself down. The excitement that games along with music gets you is excessively addictive.

I weigh 78 kg and my height is 5'9 and half earlier it was 5'11. my height has gotten smaller because my legs have kind of shrunken and they dont have any strength(they feel non-existent and numb). Maybe if my problem is solved i can regenerate muscle and protein. My eyes have shrunken too.

My problems are severely affecting my studies and my career which inturn is making me more worried and anxious.

I specify my past medical history: gastric ulcer when 17, hernia operation when 20, mild hepatomegaly when 18, irritable bowel syndrome medications did not help, jaundice when 20(six months before i got hernia surgery) and i also took psychotropic meds(allopathy) when i was 18(for about a year) due to which the problems like bloating, gas, dyspepsia only got worse and i put on about 20 kgs( from 57 to 76).

My problems can be better understood if an ayurvedic medical astrologer ever reads my post. I will try to describe my constitution: i am basically kapha with secondary as pitta. I have a healthy appetite despite of my problems but i cant fulfil my appetite due to eating problems. my problems are worse in the morning so i am awake due to my explosive headache at around 6 am. My sleep is very bad and i have trouble falling asleep. My vata is extremely wild and unbalanced and i get addicted to one thing and i never stop doing it. I have difficulty sleeping mostly because of the constipation and restlessness. I am very uncomfortable trusting people and even generally fail to adapt and adjust myself to being/ staying with them. I also have great difficulty meditating since some exciting or worrying thought comes and disrupts any calm that i may have created.

Its very rare that i am in such a mood today to be writing this thread, usually my mind is so foggy that i am unable to focus even on describing my problems, but today i am glad that i able to write it down. i hope some experienced ayurvedic doctor helps me. Any suggestions on anything by others , i welcome. I request that the prescriptions be simple ( only one or atmost 2 medications, initially). I say this, because i dont think i can take several medications at once, because a drastic change for one day will have a big effect on me that maybe either my mind or my body may not be able to handle. Medical astrologers can let me notify if they want to know my details.

Thank you .

Hi,

i've posted this on three forums: ayurveda; health and well being; and Vedic astrology and jyotisha

i am having constipation since i was 14. Now i'm 22, male. the long standing constipation had given rise to intense migraine or headache which makes me feel as if my head is going to burst, very irritable, unable to focus on one thing at a time, lack of concentration in studies or even watching tv or reading for leisure. I am sure the migraine was due to constipation because whenever i passed stools, my headache would reduce. Now the headache has turned into numbness: the top of my head, my temples and my chin bone and cheek bones have gone very numb, my forehead has shrunk: its become smaller(in height). Infact my whole face is shrunk and i look as if starved. my eyesight has gotten weaker. my face overall has gotten smaller and pale. I have already tried(after prescription) : triphala. although it used to work before, it hardly makes any difference to my problem. i have great problem eating: i take about one hour to have my lunch. The problem is not appetite( i have quite a huge appetite) but because of constipation and the toxicity(or "ama") and phlegm(congestion in chest, throat, head) that it induces, the difficulty in eating arises. Nowadays, i am even losing my sense of taste and smell. My jaws , chin are getting stiffer and moer numb.

I would describe my problem as a wild aggravation of vata. i worry excessively, about my future, my health. i am very imaginative. I am always restless and my mind is occupied with some thought or the other. The problem has now gotten so much worse that i can no longer stand living with my parents. I cant even adjust and live with my own family, which is why, after some very excruciating debate, have finally moved out and now i am staying alone. my vata aggravates like mad especially when i am staying people. I cant relax when i am with people, i keep talking some useless thing with people( my classmates or my family) just to fill the horrible restlessness and discomfort(of people). I keep thinking about many things , various things like my hobbies and my interests and am deeply influenced by them . For example, football fascinates me, so does world mythology and i get lost thinking about their glory or visualizing a how a great goal(football) was constructed / how the wrath of one god led to chaos in some kind of heaven or something etc etc.

I am also an avid gamer, I get lost playing computer games and am quite addicted to them. Its like i cant control myself. I am unable to calm myself down. The excitement that games along with music gets you is excessively addictive.

I weigh 78 kg and my height is 5'9 and half earlier it was 5'11. my height has gotten smaller because my legs have kind of shrunken and they dont have any strength(they feel non-existent and numb). Maybe if my problem is solved i can regenerate muscle and protein. My eyes have shrunken too.

My problems are severely affecting my studies and my career which inturn is making me more worried and anxious.

I specify my past medical history: gastric ulcer when 17, hernia operation when 20, mild hepatomegaly when 18, irritable bowel syndrome medications did not help, jaundice when 20(six months before i got hernia surgery) and i also took psychotropic meds(allopathy) when i was 18(for about a year) due to which the problems like bloating, gas, dyspepsia only got worse and i put on about 20 kgs( from 57 to 76).

My problems can be better understood if an ayurvedic medical astrologer ever reads my post. I will try to describe my constitution: i am basically kapha with secondary as pitta. I have a healthy appetite despite of my problems but i cant fulfil my appetite due to eating problems. my problems are worse in the morning so i am awake due to my explosive headache at around 6 am. My sleep is very bad and i have trouble falling asleep. My vata is extremely wild and unbalanced and i get addicted to one thing and i never stop doing it. I have difficulty sleeping mostly because of the constipation and restlessness. I am very uncomfortable trusting people and even generally fail to adapt and adjust myself to being/ staying with them. I also have great difficulty meditating since some exciting or worrying thought comes and disrupts any calm that i may have created.

Its very rare that i am in such a mood today to be writing this thread, usually my mind is so foggy that i am unable to focus even on describing my problems, but today i am glad that i able to write it down. i hope some experienced ayurvedic doctor helps me. Any suggestions on anything by others , i welcome. I request that the prescriptions be simple ( only one or atmost 2 medications, initially). I say this, because i dont think i can take several medications at once, because a drastic change for one day will have a big effect on me that maybe either my mind or my body may not be able to handle. Medical astrologers can let me notify if they want to know my details.

Thank you .

Dear Greatt,

it seems you have gone trhough lot of pain in such a young age. I just prayed Lord Visnu at onace when I read your post to give you good health and future at once. However, please do not think I am showing some kind of appeasing mercy, as you and I should always know in this world nobody's life is perfect and everyone lives under Visnu's mercy. I am niether a doctor nor a astrologer, who can give you any advices on vataas or any movement of stars, but I can give you some basic advice on constipation and irritable bowel syndrome. To avoid these you can try the following

- Drink plenty of water during food (NOT AFTER FOOD)- warm water is always good

-Make a discipline in your eating and never eat COLD food. Avoid spicy and and any food that has lot of heat in it , for example chicken. If you wish to, then eat with lots of water. For example if you are eating one piece then you should probably eat with half to one glass of water.

-Make a habbit of drinking water. See that your stomach always takes some amount of water every half hour and do this atleast for six months. You would be forced goto pee, but thats oK, a good excercise to your kidneys :))

- In the morning always eat stomach-full. I mean complete stomach, there shouldnt even be a small place left in your stomach. And again do NOT forget to drink water DURING the food NOT after the food, remember this, this is very very important.

- In the afternoon, take fresh food, do NOT eat the left overs.

-Use asafoitida in your food ALWAYS. In the night, make butter milk with salt and asafoitida in it, crush it for a while till you see some foam in it and drink it every night. That gives you soothing effect. Have this cold.

- Pray everyday lord Visnu, the remover of all obstacles and provider of all good health.

Now coming to your uncontrollable thought problems. some of tips include

- Always think NOTHING IS END OF THE WORLD

- believe in Lord Visnu, the lord of all lords

- know that everyone has some or other problem. This is not a very good aproach, but soothes you for a while.

- perform PRANAYAMA by baba raamdev, you can get those simple aasanas in youtube vedios. Stop playing games and concentrate on doing praanayaam. Brahmari in these praanayaams is especially to nullify all the thoughts and give you peace. If you know someone doing this its always better to start under some supervision.

For the time being that should help you in gettting over ALL your problems. I will end this post by praying with that Lord of Lords, Lord Visnu, the benefactor, the all beutiful and all pervading, to remove your all sins and give you good health and satbuddhi. May he protect all..amen.

with regards,

Hi .

i am not a doctor.... but definitely i can suggest you the best way to get rid of it... since i had the same problem of yours... i wont say that i dont have the problem now.. but it's in control... and i can concentrate in my work better.

Just do as i say:

1. drink plenty & plenty of water everyday

2. do pranayam (kapalbhati, anulom bilom) for 30-45 mins, 2 times/day.

(if possible dont eat fat)

It will not cost you a single penny... but within 6 months you will get back to your normal life... it's a promise.

cheers!!

You should immediately take to a strict vegan diet (no meat, fish eggs or dairy products) from a wide variety of whole foods. Eliminate fried foods, processed foods, etc. Take no oil except for extra-virgin olive oil. Take the time to cook your own food so that you know it is prepared properly. Also eat plenty of raw fruits, vegetables and nuts along with your cooked food - this is important - the sicker you are the more you

can benefit from adding raw foods to your diet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFFTcSIg6wk)

Here is a raw food demonstration:

Here is the science to back up what I am saying:

http://www.pcrm.org/health/veginfo/vsk/index.html

Also, give the video games a rest and do scripture study and chant.

I am confident that this can help you.

For immediate relief of constipation it is very important what you do first thing in the morning. Start off by drinking a couple of cups of room temperature water. Then do some walking. You should do at least 30 minutes per day but you can break this up into 15 minute segments if it is too much for you. For instance you could do 15 or more minutes in the morning and the rest in the afternoon or evening. Next do your sadhana before you take any food. After sadhana the first thing you want to eat is fruit such as apple/s or orange/s. If you make this regular habit then constipation will be no more. I have also heard that wheat grass (www.wheatgrassclub.org) is very effective against constipation and other health complaints.

Hi,

Thank you .

You people are really helpful. I have tried everything you guys've mentioned. I have experienced most of my above mentioned problems after i had my thread ceremony (i am a brahmin) when i was 20. I am a pure vegetarian and i cant even stand eggs. Wheatgrass does help a little bit. I have been taking it for quite some time now. I have worshipped Vishnu and His truest form of Narayana(Vishnu and Narayana are synoymous while other avatars represent a specific aspect of the personality that He wanted to portray). The effects of this worship i had mentioned in the following thread.

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/vedic astrology-jyotisha/451451-worhsip-narayana.html

I pray to Vishnu everyday and I know i am on the right path and that everything is happening for the good.

I will eat more fruits and do pranayama. Thank you!