IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Subramaniam Swamy

Was King Akbar a Vaishnava?

Rate this topic

Guest Subramaniam Swamy

Hare Krishna!

King Akbar, arguably the greatest king ever to have ruled India, was tolerant of all religions, created a synthesis of all religions called din elahi. Was he a vaishnava in this respect? I mean, normally religious people fight each other all the time. But Akbar was different in that he accepted all religions as true. Pretty much like a neo-vedantin like Vivekananda. But he was as much a devotee as vaishnavas as well.

SS

have a read i think not many will; beleive

Mugal Dynasty - Akbar's Previous Birth

(Chap 22-23) Soot Jee said - "Thus failed in their objective Maya and other Daitya went to Bali. Bali called Roshan named Daitya and sent him to Taimoor Lang saying, "Go and be Timirling's (Taimoor Lang) son - Sarush. So he came to Delhi and started destroying religious people. He ruled for five years. His son was Baabar. He ruled for 20 years (a few years in Samarkand and a few years in Bhaarat). His son was Homaayu (Humaayoon). Humaayoon disrespected Devtaa, so Devtaa requested Krishn Chaitanya in Nadeehaa Van. Hari got very angry so and he created several obstacles in his kingdom. Humaayoon got defeated, but then Sheshshaak (Shershaah) ruled in Delhi for 5 years.

At the same time, Shankaraachaarya's one disciple Mukund was doing Tap in Prayaag with 20 Braahman. Hearing that Baabar had destroyed Devtaa's idols he and his 20 Braahman immolated themselves. One time Mukund had drunk cow's fur along with cow's milk, that is why he was born as Mlechchh. When Humaayoon was living in Kaashmeer (his brother Makaraan's place Kaabul - border of Kaashmeer) he had a son and at that time a Divine voice said - "Your son will be very fortunate and gracious. He is born by the Akasmaat (Ak) Var, therefore his name will be Akbar and he will not follow Mlechchh nature. Who had these 20 disciples - Shreedhar, Shreepati, Shambhu, Varenya, Madhuvratee, Vimal, Devavaan, Som, Vardhan, Vartak, Ruchi, Maandhaataa, Maanakaar, Keshav, Maadhav, Madhu, Devaapi, Somapaa, Soor and Madan; the same Mukund Braahman is born in your house."

Hare Krishna!

King Akbar, arguably the greatest king ever to have ruled India, was tolerant of all religions, created a synthesis of all religions called din elahi.

SS

Din- elahi is not a synthesis it is his own version of religion.

Akbar became tolerant after he rejected Islam and not before it.

Akbar, like his predecessor muslim kings massacred hindus(as per his own chroniclers) and imposed Jizya(quran 9:29) on hindus.He stopped those practices after he rejected islam and formed his own religion which he named deen-elahi

Hehe this is probably not accurate as what I'm about to say is from a movie. But in that bollywood film 'Jodhaa Akbar' he marries that woman who appears to be a Vaisnavi as it is made clear in the film that she's devoted to her. Also Akbar becomes vegetarian too.

Oh yeah I aslo heard one story from a devotee about how Akbar visited Vrndavan. He asked one baba for some seva and so the baba told him to fix one step. But then when Akbar saw the step he saw it was full of jewels. He went back to the baba and said "I'm sorry, but even if I sold all my kingdoms I would not be able to fix this step".

Hehe this is probably not accurate as what I'm about to say is from a movie. But in that bollywood film 'Jodhaa Akbar' he marries that woman who appears to be a Vaisnavi as it is made clear in the film that she's devoted to her. Also Akbar becomes vegetarian too.

Oh yeah I aslo heard one story from a devotee about how Akbar visited Vrndavan. He asked one baba for some seva and so the baba told him to fix one step. But then when Akbar saw the step he saw it was full of jewels. He went back to the baba and said "I'm sorry, but even if I sold all my kingdoms I would not be able to fix this step".

hahahahahahahahahaha

Hare Krishna!

King Akbar, arguably the greatest king ever to have ruled India, was tolerant of all religions, created a synthesis of all religions called din elahi. Was he a vaishnava in this respect? I mean, normally religious people fight each other all the time. But Akbar was different in that he accepted all religions as true. Pretty much like a neo-vedantin like Vivekananda. But he was as much a devotee as vaishnavas as well.

SS

What specifically about the above makes him a Vaishnava?