IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pained

wishing bad

Rate this topic

I have lived 29 years of my life, I have hardly found a person other than my kinsmen and parents, who wished good for me. This is a bit strange, whenver something good happens to me, whenever i wished to share it with my so called friends, I could straight away sense the jealous in thier words and on thier face sprouting. I have always tried my level best to think and wish good for everyone, but that doesnt seem to come back. Now my question is does someone thinking bad or wishing bad for me affect me. For example I get this feeling that the person with whom I am currently living is indeed not wishing good for me. Does that effect me??? Or in otherwords does that effect in general???

Thanks in advanced.

hari bol

I wish that you leave the company of jealous persons. Surround yourself with people who are more successful than you are. There's no peace in the company of snakes.

"...and how can there be any happiness without peace?" - Sri Krishna

"Energy Vampire" & "Crazy Makers"

I aware of the term "Energy Vampire" & "Crazy Makers" —both of whom drain other's energy by way of abuse in different manners.

Therefore, I feel compelled to make you aware of this woman Caroline Myss.

She directly addresses the loss of energy and how it may later manifest in the areas of one's physical/mental/emotional life —the loss is discernable as it is related to chakra-energy hubs and their corresponding functions.

Ie: the heart Chakra is related to issues of love etc and thus, heart ailments that manifest may very well be an extension of one's issues with Love.

Or, throat ailment may be related to the chakra at the throat which governs the ability to express oneself.

I am a bonefide and quite conservative Hare Krishna so, this advise about Myss's concepts are a bit New-age-like. But IMO, it's spot on and best of all Myss has no pretention. Her goals have been to make the connection between ailment and one's emotional life into a science that can be reliably repeated and seen by any novice as the basis of all psychosomatic ailments [considering that all physical ills start with a mind set that "enables" it].

———————————————————————————————————————————You must check out this woman's writting regarding how to preceive illness by seeing the relationship of the illness to a person's life-pursuits/chakra/personality/vocational architype.

I'm sure it will hit a chord with you --and that you would then be able to apply subsequent insights to the state of the world today.

Bhaktajan

-------------------

http://www.myss.com/

Below are reviews/synopsis of her books.

She has been around for just over 10 years.

Her first works are most essential--her later works seemed 'forced'.

-------------------

Why People Don't Heal and How They Can -- by Caroline Myss

Overcome the Hidden Barriers to Healing with America's Leading Medical Intuitive

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f" o:preferrelative="t"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_s1026 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; Z-INDEX: 1; VISIBILITY: hidden; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 50pt; POSITION: absolute; HEIGHT: 50pt; mso-position-horizontal-relative: text; mso-position-vertical-relative: text" type="#_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="f" u1:preferrelative="t" u1:spt="75"><v:path o:connecttype="segments" o:extrusionok="t" u1:extrusionok="f" u1:connecttype="rect"></v:path><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="f" selection="t"></o:lock></v:shape>

On this stunning audio edition of the national PBS special with Dr. Caroline Myss, this acclaimed authority on the energetics of healing dares to take listeners to a hidden realm of the human body, beyond Western myths about healing - yielding a hope-giving program for health unlike any other.

For over 15 years, Dr. Myss has worked face to face with the real experts on this controversial subject: thousands of people challenged by illensses that failed to respond to conventional treatment.

As a medical intuitive, Dr. Myss saw beyond their physical complaints - and indentified the greatest block to healing in our culture today. She shows that when we stop using illness as a way to gain power and intimacy with others, we stop wasting our sacred energy.

It then becomes available, not only for self-healing, but for spiritual fulfillment. Here is a bold new vision of healing, presented by Dr. Myss in her own words, that will electrify you with its unlimited possibilities for improved health and spiritual connection. Includes an exclusive interview with Dr. Myss available nowhere else.

.................................................. ..

Anatomy of the Spirit-- by Caroline Myss

Encoded within your body, teaches Dr. Myss, is an energy system linking you directly to the world's great spiritual traditions. Through it you have direct access to the divine energy that seamlessly connects all life.

On Anatomy of the Spirit, Dr. Myss offers a stunning picture of the human body's hidden energetic structures, while revealing its precise spiritual code and relationship to the sacred energy of creation. Our most revered wisdom traditions, including Judaism, Christianity, and Hinduism, hold in common essential teachings about seven specific levels of spiritual development, the stages of power in life.

These seven great truths also grace the human body as an energetic system, a spiritual compass pointing the way to the divine. By honoring this inborn code, you can learn to see the symbolic blocks within your energy centers and their correlations with your health, relationships, and spiritual development. Richly interwoven with research, examples, and self-diagnostic guidelines, Anatomy of the Spirit will take you to the heart of the spiritual life and beyond.

-----------------------------

After two New York Times bestsellers, several highly-rated appearances on The Oprah Show, and packed audiences at live events across the country, Caroline Myss has emerged as a leading new voice in the healing arts revolution. Her millions of loyal followers are waiting to hear what she has to teach them next. And now the wait is over.

On Sacred Contracts, Dr. Myss helps listeners take the next step in their personal evolutions, through the use of archetypes as tools for self-transformation. First identified by the legendary psychiatrist and author C.G. Jung, archetypes are symbols for unconscious energies and potentials held in common by all of humanity. Dr. Myss identifies a “tool box” of 12 major archetypal patterns, and explains their roles in the “alchemy of spirituality.”

Listeners join this respected medical intuitive as she explores how we can identify our personal archetypes, uncover their higher purpose, and then work with them for self-understanding and spiritual development. Shared with her hallmark humor, honesty, and intelligence, Sacred Contracts is the audio publishing event of the season – and a welcome new resource for fans of Dr. Myss everywhere. Original adaptation of the book by the author. 5 CDs, 6 hours, 32-page study guide

-----------------------------

Entering the Castle -- by Caroline Myss

Editorial Reviews

From Publishers Weekly Starred Review.

Fans of Myss's earlier books (Sacred Contracts, etc.), which drew inspiration from such diverse traditions as Indian medicine and ancient divination methods, may be surprised at how thoroughly entrenched her new book is in the Western religious tradition.

In the preface, she discusses how an out-of-the blue seizure and a midlife hunger for an authentic spiritual practice set her exploring the mystical tradition of her childhood Catholic faith.

Using St. Teresa of Ávila's metaphor of the "interior castle" as a template, Myss challenges readers to get in touch with their own souls and shows how they can then lead deeper, more joyous lives. Every chapter is packed with meditations that help to either clean out the detritus that prevents spiritual growth or prepare for a mystical meeting with God.

Interspersed are supportive stories of those who have gone before on the path. While Myss explicitly states that readers need not become Catholic or even Christian to enter the castle, some may be turned off by how little she incorporates other traditions.

Even so, the material clearly springs from a deeply personal place and every page rings with the passion and intensity of someone who has finally found what she was seeking. (Mar. 6)

Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Review

"Entering the Castle is...based on St. Teresa's seven interior mansions, which are explained and elaborated here...so beautifully, clearly, compassionately, lightheartedly, wondrously...[as] seven steps...to your own deepest self or soul. Teresa became not only a spiritual woman who had written a brilliant practice manual, but a saint who saved Caroline's life, showed her her soul, awakened her heart, and set her on the never-ending...timelessly fulfilled road of practice. I just know that Teresa would say 'amen' to this luminous book as the fruit of her calling to you, a calling to all of us to be mystics without monasteries in a world sorely in need of a touch of the divine...the true self in each and every one of us."

-- From the foreword by Ken Wilber, author of A Brief History of Everything and Integral Spirituality

———————————————————————————————————————————

I strongly suggest you start with her the first of her presentational works:

"Why people don't heal, and how they can"--get it in audio form [it's originally an audio lecture]!

She retired from during "readings"--and moved to publically explaining how to do it yourself [easier said than done] --post retirement found her self-accessing her talent,

so she found that it was not instinct but subtle logic that she used to ascertain the source of a person ailments

[think Kavirajas; think Taoist & Chi Acupunture based doctors] --She relates her biography and how later she found the principles of what she saw as signs of illness as manifestation of ones energy ie:

Chakras relate to Jewish Tree of Life relates to Christain Sacraments relates to Occupational/Societal Architypes ~ and then she innocently articulates the cross-references between these traditions so as to "locate where a person expends & invests theirown energies" ergo, manifest illness.

Like a Kaviraj, such a doctor assesses the multi-factors of subtle movement of energy--Myss says that the path that the 'energy/ambitions/motivating factors' are easily descernable in peoples' mundane 'person, relationships, vocations & esp. Ailments'.

Get:

"Why people don't heal, and how they can"--get it in audio form--it's originally an audio lecture!

Later works where her attempts to flesh out in academic form what she all ready explained in

"Why people don't heal, and how they can" followed by the companion Book "Anatomy of the Soul"

By-the-way:

Hey Sri Paramatma Aham Bhaktajan, sukriya please give Pained:

All Artha, All kama, All dharma and All moksa, All 7 feminine opulences, all good wealth, all good health, all good happiness, an all good mate, Krishna-Prema, and, Harinama.

bhaktajan

Technical Query: Is the "Offering Prayers" of the 9 processes of Bhakti-yoga include 'praying for others' or is it just 'praising <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place>?

When others wish bad feelings upon someone else, it doesn't affect that person unless they allow it to affect them. Instead of focusing on the negative energy around you, you should either remove yourself from that situation or tune it out and focus on yourself. Not everyone will be happy for your accomplishments. It's about you, your loved ones, and God. No one can judge you but God, so remember that and don't be stuck on what others think. Even the greatest people in the world have negative feelings around them.

I have lived 29 years of my life, I have hardly found a person other than my kinsmen and parents, who wished good for me. This is a bit strange, whenver something good happens to me, whenever i wished to share it with my so called friends, I could straight away sense the jealous in thier words and on thier face sprouting. I have always tried my level best to think and wish good for everyone, but that doesnt seem to come back. Now my question is does someone thinking bad or wishing bad for me affect me. For example I get this feeling that the person with whom I am currently living is indeed not wishing good for me. Does that effect me??? Or in otherwords does that effect in general???

Thanks in advanced.

hari bol

It is a sad fact of human nature. Was listening to Alex Jones show today and he said the people of America and Mexico have become so mentally ill that they are like crabs in a bucket. If one of the crabs tries to crawl out of the bucket the other crabs will try to drag it back down with the masses. It is unnerving when even friends are envious but you just got to keep fighting the good fight and always try to stay calm and centered and faithful to the Lord and also don't be ashamed to take care of yourself. Just my opinion.

The material world is a plane of exploitation, envy and emnity. You and I came here to exploit others the same way others exploit us.

Now you are sensing the wrong in it all which is wonderful. We need to concentrate only on becoming from free those dark traits ourselves and not be concerned with how others treat us.

By constitution we are meant to see Krishna, God, as our only truly reliable friend and well wisher. This also includes those rare souls who have realized their relationship to Him.

Without God consciousness we have only the sense of being surrounded by hungry wolves and alternatively being part of a wolf pack surrounding others.

"It's a dog eat dog world" without Krishna consciousness.

It is a sad fact of human nature. Was listening to Alex Jones show today and he said the people of America and Mexico have become so mentally ill that they are like crabs in a bucket. If one of the crabs tries to crawl out of the bucket the other crabs will try to drag it back down with the masses. It is unnerving when even friends are envious but you just got to keep fighting the good fight and always try to stay calm and centered and faithful to the Lord and also don't be ashamed to take care of yourself. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your suggestions and for those inputs. I have found a good way to do this. It is very necessary to keep all goods secret from all of one's so called friends and thus one does good for oneslef and also for the others who are feeling jealous (there by they dont do any bad karma). The bucket-crab analogy is truly whats happening out here. Good one, Thanks

When there`s no pain there`s no gain to quote Arnold Schwarzenegger. If someone wishes you bad, feel good. If someone wishes you good, don`t feel bad. Yes, it`s true. My deceased grandfather didn`t want me to get intimately involved with a girl who was an asthmatic because if I get to marry her, our children would inherit her ailment. I felt bad about it and quarreled with him even if my deceased grandfather wished me good. So before he died( we were not in good terms), he left his inheritance( parcels of land) to my first cousins.