IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sandhu.jp

How to evaluate D9 chart.

Rate this topic

<!--[if gte mso 10]> .......> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} ........> <![endif]-->Dear seekers and learners , Listed below is an example as to how to evaluate D9 chart.

EXAMPLE: XYZ LADY

RASHI CHART: Leo Ascendant –Virgo, Rahu in 2H – Scorpio Ju, Merc, Moon in 4H – Sagittarius, Sun, Saturn in 5H, Capricorn Venus in 6H - Pisces, Ketu in 8H – Aries, Mars in 9H.

NAVAMSA CHART: Cancer, Jup in Ascendant – Leo, Moon, Rahu in 2H – Libra, Sun in 4H – Scorpio, Mars in 5H – Aquarius, Venus, Ketu in 8H – Pisces, Merc in 9H – Gemini, Saturn in 12H

ANALYSIS:(I have taken only those areas which will involve different “relation mechanism” between the two charts)

I SUGGEST THAT YOU WILL BETTER UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING EXPLANATION ONLY IF YOU ACTUALLY DRAW THE CHARTS AND SEE. Please do not read it theoretically:

(1) Her Rashi chart Asc Lord is Sun, placed in 5H and its dispositor Jup in Scorpio in friendly sign but in its 12th house. In Navamsha, her Rashi chart ASC lord Sun is debilitated in 4H. Her navamsha chart ASC lord Moon is also debilitated in 4th house of rashi chart. This indicates that she is a pious/religious person (Sun placed in 5H), but will limit her bhakti in tune with other responsibilities (Jup in Scorpio in friendly sign but in its 12th house), She will lack opportunities to prove her personality or her house-mates (4H) will not value her virtuous qualities (Rashi chart ASC lord Sun is debilitated in 4H and navamsha chart ASC lord Moon is also debilitated in 4th house of rashi chart)

(2) The 7L + Asc Lord is in 5th house. Her D9 7L is also Saturn and is in 12th house and the D9 5L aspects it. Venus is in Saturnine sign in and in bad houses in both the charts. This shows that the native will have a love marriage. (There are many other combinations that may also lead to love marriage).

(3) Her 5L and 2L in rashi chart are in 4H with Moon, indicating that she is a musician. This also indicates that she will earn (2H) through tuitions (5L) at home (4H) and the students mostly women (Moon). In Navamsa, Jupiter is in Cancer. Assume that this Navamsa Jupiter is “as it is, along with the cancer sign”, kept in the rashi chart - on the cancer sign. Then the “guest Jupiter” will be opposite to the natal Venus in RASI CHART. This also indicates that she is musician and will teach. – Mahesh, this is what exactly Shri K.N.Rao is indicating you to do. He is NOT asking us to change the lagna (rashi chart or navamsha chart). All he means is something like – Lift the NAVAMSA CHART and keep it on the RASI CHART in such way that rashis in both the chart come on each other and then see! (Technically, this means that ASSUME the lagna in Navamsa is that of Rasi Chart)

(4) Planets in her 4H house of rashi chart are in scorpio and scorpio is the sign in her 5th house of Navamsha. This also indicates “teaching at home”. Again, this is also the same exercise what Shri K.N.Rao says. BUT THIS TIME IT IS OTHER WAY - Lift the RASI CHART and keep it on the NAVAMSA CHART in such way that rashi in both the chart come on each other and then see! (Technically, this means that ASSUME the lagna in Rasi chart is that of Navamsa Chart).

Regards

J.s.sandhu

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->

<!--[endif]-->

Respected Sandhuji,

Thanks for this graceful article.

It is a verygood opportunity to discuss about one of the most import Divisional charts with respected astrologers on this forum.

I want to point out another two things here and ask for comments from other astrologers

1) Lord of education Jupiter in Rashi chart is in 4th house with mercury and moon. and it is exalted in D9 chart. House 5 is occupid by Sun and saturn. can this denote that the lady have a formal education in music, especially classic/religious music. Also Lord of Profession is Venus denoting Arts so she will be associated with music profession officially

2) in Rashi chart 12L is in 4H, 2nd house is occupied by Rahu and 2L is with 12L. lagna lord is with 7L. Can this mean the lady have to move out of home town, and as her lord of profession is in 6H she may have to job at a place far from her home town. (as 12L is debilitated I do not see going in foreign countries)

Please correct me where I am wrong

Kind Regards

Atul

Dear Ravi ji,

Just an example.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Dear Sandhuji,

Can you please provide us the birth details of the lady in question so that it helps us in analysing the case better, thanks

Ravi

Dear atul ji,

You need to change your handle to better then professionals around.

Keep the good work on buddy. However it is just an example case.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Respected Sandhuji,

Thanks for this graceful article.

It is a verygood opportunity to discuss about one of the most import Divisional charts with respected astrologers on this forum.

I want to point out another two things here and ask for comments from other astrologers

1) Lord of education Jupiter in Rashi chart is in 4th house with mercury and moon. and it is exalted in D9 chart. House 5 is occupid by Sun and saturn. can this denote that the lady have a formal education in music, especially classic/religious music. Also Lord of Profession is Venus denoting Arts so she will be associated with music profession officially

2) in Rashi chart 12L is in 4H, 2nd house is occupied by Rahu and 2L is with 12L. lagna lord is with 7L. Can this mean the lady have to move out of home town, and as her lord of profession is in 6H she may have to job at a place far from her home town. (as 12L is debilitated I do not see going in foreign countries)

Please correct me where I am wrong

Kind Regards

Atul

Dear Ravi ji,

Just an example.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Its ok Sandhuji, I really like it, please give us more such examples whenever possible so that it helps us learn the finer aspects of this great science, thanks a lot sir,

Regards

Ravi

Dear Sandhu Ji,Pranams.

Great.

Superimposing one over the other and checking the net effect is something new,leaving alone the theoretical effects,to learners like me.I think combination of theory with what is stated may give a different result,if I am not wrong.

Regards,

Anusha

Superimposing one over the other and checking the net effect is something new. I think combination of theory with what is stated may give a different result,if I am not wrong.

Dear Anusha,

You are right it seems like a new practice but it has been used by a minority of astrologer for quite some time now, it is really difficult to find some reliable and proven material on the analysis of divisional charts even on the internet. I myself have started using this method in small measure with varying degrees of success so far but to be honest it looks interesting enough to lead us to believe that more accuracy is possible in future. Thanks

Ravi

Dear Anusha,

You are right it seems like a new practice but it has been used by a minority of astrologer for quite some time now, it is really difficult to find some reliable and proven material on the analysis of divisional charts even on the internet. I myself have started using this method in small measure with varying degrees of success so far but to be honest it looks interesting enough to lead us to believe that more accuracy is possible in future. Thanks

Ravi

Dear Ravi ji,Pranams:pray:

Sandhu ji has referred only D9 for such a practice but has not made any mention about similar practice with other D charts.Have you ever tried with different D charts? Do you find any discrepancy in the results obtained by the application of usual theory & this new(to me) superimposing method ? Please guide.

Regards,:pray:

Anusha

Dear Anusha,

I have not gone beyond the D-9 to be honest since I lack the necessary skills to evaluate other D charts, but I am trying to look for some material on the net if possible, if something comes up then I will let you know. So far the results have been not that consistent due to my own lack of experience in the field since I am a self taught. Thanks,

Ravi

Dear Sandhu ji

Pls post details of the example chart so that learners like me can make chart on there computer and understand

It is written in book of jaimini sutras abt the rashi when they become navamsa lagna for eg mesha becomes navamsa lagna the person is troubled by rats how this this should be applied

Also do post more examples

Regards

Swapnil

BY Hock Leong

D-10 is said to relate primarily to career & since the 10th house represents career, it seems to me that 10th house & planets/yogas relating to 10th house in Dasamsa chart may be accurate & relevant indicators of a person's career.

As an example, I look at a particular D-10 chart where the lagna is Capricorn: Venus & Mercury are in Pisces, ie: the 9th & 10th lords combine in the 3rd house. Note 10th lord Venus exalted in watery Pisces; the combination forms a dharma-karmadhipathi yoga/Raja Yoga & is strengthened by Jupiter's aspect from Scorpio. Further, Rahu occupies the 10th house Libra.

The native had absolutely no educational & family background,

inclination or even a vague idea of pursuing a technical career in

marine radiocommunication. A series of circumstances made it happen.

The D-10 chart seems to hold the key as explained below.

The native is well employed (exalted 10th lord joining 9th lord aspected by sign lord Jupiter in D 10) as a professional working in the field of communications (3rd house) in the midst of the ocean (watery Pisces). The specific means of communication is electronic equipment/ radio (rahu). The native got his major career breakthrough in rahu bhukti of moon dasa. In D-10 chart, moon in 4th is in mutual aspect with Rahu posited in the 10th house. In D-10 chart, the lagna (Capricorn) lord is Saturn (representing oil) and as lagna lord posited in the 4th house, he aspects both lagna & 10th houses. Extremely powerful Saturn in natal chart (D1) in Aquarius perhaps makes the oil industry the field/arena whereby the native's career & worldly position gets well established.

Thus, the native's career as a professional in the field of marine radio communication happens to be in the oil industry (and not in the merchant navy). Since the native is running Rahu dasa with Rahu occupying 10th house in D-10, Rahu will probably facilitate significant career progress for the native.

<!--[if gte mso 10]> .......> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} ........> <![endif]-->each D-chart there are some Karya Houses - houses which an astrolger would refer to to determine the goodness of the affairs ruled by that particular D-chart. In the case of D-10 that would be the 1st, 6th and the 10th.

All the three houses mentioned denotes employment. The 1st is the overall employment propspects, the 6th denotes the job offer itself and the 10th the overall career trajectory of the individual.

(Mercury is the significator for the 6th and the 10th and Mercury denotes professions and career in the 10th and work for the 6th).

How about the non-Karya houses? These would generally apply to all D-charts and a summary follows of their effects for the D10.

(A) 2nd, 11th and 7th House. These houses which are the 2nd to the 1st, 6th and 10th mentioned above, impede the proper and smooth functionining of the latter houses. Why?

The 7th is the house of self-employment. If a person would rather do business, then he would not consider accpeting a job offer as indicated by the 6th house.

The 2nd house is the house of income generally. If a native's outlook in life is towards getting a job with a high pay, he would be very discriminating in his strategy of what kind of jobs to look for. In that sense it reduces his general condition of employment prospects.

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->

<!--[endif]-->

The 11th house is the house of gains of your main profession. If you are always considering this issue, you may not take the proper steps or go all out in doing your job well. Your upper consideration is always - would this action of mine actually caused me to be put in a bad light which would then erode any gains that may be forthcoming. Or would my action 'rock the boat' and upset my current status quo of every month getting a fat income of my well paying job?

(B) The 12th, 3rd and 8th houses are the 3rd house to the 10th, 1st and 6th houses. The 3rd house to a house generally shows difficulties and impediments to the latter house.

The 12th shows long retirement, the 3rd shows short retirement and the 8th shows permanent retirement.

Special mention must be made of the 3rd house (as the other are Dusthana houses and their effects are generally well-known). The 3rd house in any divisional chart generally shows death-like effects. Planet lordship of this house or planets placed in it generally shows no progress. This is unlike the 3rd house in the Rasi where it is accrued in giving the individual progress through his own efforts not least of which it is also one of the Upachaya houses.

© The 4th house is generally credited as the seat of the throne of the chart. In the Rasi, if one wants to determine whether one can be King, both the 9th and the 4th houses are taken into consideration - with the 9th house being assessed for luck.

Similarly in the other divisional charts, the 4th house represents your stability in the matters ruled by that divisional chart. Do you have the potential to hold on to your throne? A weak 4th house in D10 is one factor that shows a person who is unable to rise up in his career.

(The Moon is the significator of the 4th house and Moon signifies fame in the 10th - a King must have a good reputation to maintain his throne).

(D) The 5th and 9th houses are trine houses and they generally give supporting boost to the career. In addition in the D10, the 9th house shows that the person would like to have a large measure of independence in his career. The 5th house is the 8th of the 10th (an important Karya house). The 5th would thus show a change of career or the start of a phase of the career for the native - generally for the better because the 5th is a trine house.

Good planets in the 5th house can help the native rise to a high position in the career - more so than even the 4th house. Whereas 4th denotes long term rise, the 5th can indicate a spectacular rise.

(Jupiter is the significator of the 5th and 9th and Jupiter signifies not only fame for the 10th together with the Moon but also prosperity and growth for the 10th).

(Sun is the natural ruler of the 5th and Sun signifies status, power and social rights for 10th house matters).

Respected sadhu ji,

Please help me.

I am also learning astrology.

But my navamsa is too difficult to predict.

I am having taurus navamsa.

7th lord of navamsa is mars and is placed with rahu in 11th house (pisces).

And it is aspected by ketu.

Rahu and ketu are "vargottama" planets.

The biggest confusion is, how will they effect?

Jupiter is in aries in 12th house of navamsa.

there is a "parivartana yoga" between mars and jupiter in navamsa.

In rashi chart jupiter is put in 2nd house and in navamsa it is in 12th house.

Does it indicate that I will earn money in foreign or something else.

Birth Detail :

date : 11/10/1986

time : 14:45

Place :morvi(morbi) , gujarat,india

Education : Computer Engineer

Profession : Working in MNC,Pune

Writing is a creative activity. And Jupiter, the Moon, Mercury and Venus deal with writing. Let's analyse my Saptamsa with regards to these four planets and secondarily other planets as well if applicable.

I hereby reproduce my birth data again from another thread as well as list down my planetary placements for those without a software to construct the chart.

I was born in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Singapore</st1:place></st1:country-region> [1 degree 17 minutes North; 103 degrees 51 minutes East] at 8:32 am on 22nd June 1962. The timezone at that time for <st1:country-region w:st="on">Singapore</st1:country-region> is 7 hours 30 minutes East of Graeenwich rather than the current 8 hours which we adjusted in 1983 to synchronize the timing with Hong Kong, <st1:city w:st="on">Perth</st1:city>, <st1:city w:st="on">Shanghai</st1:city> and <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kuala Lumpur</st1:place></st1:city>.

My placements in Saptamsa are as follows (with a Capricorn Lagna) :

Body Longitude (in D-7)

Lagna 29 Cp 12' 30.92"

Sun - MK 17 Cn 44' 39.79"

Moon - PiK 15 Cp 04' 17.33"

Mars - BK 20 Vi 56' 44.80"

Mercury - GK 11 Pi 34' 36.36"

Jupiter - PK 14 Ge 19' 19.94"

Venus - AmK 26 Pi 30' 30.86"

Saturn ® - DK 1 Sc 10' 32.89"

Rahu - AK 3 Ta 00' 49.87"

Ketu 3 Sc 00' 49.87"

The first thing I want to highlight is that the Moon - a planet dealing with ideas and the mind - is in the 1st house gaining full sight of the opposite 7th house that it rules. The Moon deals with the imagination although its ideas are not strictly original although the originality comes from mixing and matching the impressions it gets. That is why writers of imaginative fiction normally has a strong Moon. Moon being in the Ascendant means my mind is attuned and creative to writing activities.

It rules the 7th House where the Sun is which is ruler of the 8th (the occult). I love to write on occult matters.

The Moon is disposited by Saturn in Scorpio in the 11th together with Ketu. Saturn a trinal lord is well disposited by Ketu (a planet dealing with the occult) in the 11th house in Scorpio. 11th house takes care of planets within it, so Saturn and Ketu flourishes. Saturn also rules the 2nd which deals with reading. I constantly read on occult matters (Saturn conjunct Ketu in Scorpio)

Rahu in the 5th in Taurus is well placed. It rules Taurus and Virgo so it is a trinal lord. Making a trinal aspect to the Moon means that everytime I have an idea (the Moon), I would have to get it off my chest through writing (Rahu rules obsession) - although in the context of other posts, the Moon also needs to get off its chest on things by doing something creative and not just writing.

Venus is in its deep exaltation in Pisces with Mercury also quite close to its deep fall in the third house dealing with information. Mercury gets Neecha Bhaga Yoga and gets mutual reception with Jupiter in Gemini in the 6th. All three planetary placements testify to their strength. Venus is good for writing in lovely prose (something pleasing for readers to read), Mercury writes about ideas and Jupiter lends its writing output with some quality.

(In fact in the pantheon of planets dealing with writing, Jupiter ranks first, Moon ranks second, Mercury ranks third and Venus ranks fourth).

Jupiter being in the 6th is 4th to the third meaning the seat of the throne for the 3rd dealing in writing. It thus enhances the 3rd, not just becasue it is Jupiter but also it is the 4th to the 3rd.

Mars disposits 11th where Saturn and Ketu is as well as the fourth and is placed in the 9th. That is a good placement. Firstly the 4th to Lagna deals with basic education. 11th to the Lagna deals with gains. My basic education enables me to get a good foundation of the English Language and as the years go by (11th deals with effects as one ages) my command of the language improves. It enables me to write with a style that is more than just a marshalling of facts (the 3rd) but enables the audience to gain a deeper insight of things (the 9th).

Mar is disposited by Mercury in the 3rd and hence Mars is also linked to the three planets of writing described earlier : Mercury, Venus and Jupiter.

9th house dealing with philosophy shows that my sentence structure has some philosophical style imprinted on it and not just using conventional simple sentence structures.

Thanks.

Hock Leong

Earlier posts I have mentioned that each D-chart there are some Karya Houses - houses which an astrolger would refer to to determine the goodness of the affairs ruled by that particular D-chart. In the case of D-10 that would be the 1st, 6th and the 10th.

All the three houses mentioned denotes employment. The 1st is the overall employment propspects, the 6th denotes the job offer itself and the 10th the overall career trajectory of the individual.

(Mercury is the significator for the 6th and the 10th and Mercury denotes professions and career in the 10th and work for the 6th).

How about the non-Karya houses? These would generally apply to all D-charts and a summary follows of their effects for the D10.

(A) 2nd, 11th and 7th House. These houses which are the 2nd to the 1st, 6th and 10th mentioned above, impede the proper and smooth functionining of the latter houses. Why?

The 7th is the house of self-employment. If a person would rather do business, then he would not consider accpeting a job offer as indicated by the 6th house.

The 2nd house is the house of income generally. If a native's outlook in life is towards getting a job with a high pay, he would be very discriminating in his strategy of what kind of jobs to look for. In that sense it reduces his general condition of employment prospects.

The 11th house is the house of gains of your main profession. If you are always considering this issue, you may not take the proper steps or go all out in doing your job well. Your upper consideration is always - would this action of mine actually caused me to be put in a bad light which would then erode any gains that may be forthcoming. Or would my action 'rock the boat' and upset my current status quo of every month getting a fat income of my well paying job?

(B) The 12th, 3rd and 8th houses are the 3rd house to the 10th, 1st and 6th houses. The 3rd house to a house generally shows difficulties and impediments to the latter house.

The 12th shows long retirement, the 3rd shows short retirement and the 8th shows permanent retirement.

Special mention must be made of the 3rd house (as the other are Dusthana houses and their effects are generally well-known). The 3rd house in any divisional chart generally shows death-like effects. Planet lordship of this house or planets placed in it generally shows no progress. This is unlike the 3rd house in the Rasi where it is accrued in giving the individual progress through his own efforts not least of which it is also one of the Upachaya houses.

© The 4th house is generally credited as the seat of the throne of the chart. In the Rasi, if one wants to determine whether one can be King, both the 9th and the 4th houses are taken into consideration - with the 9th house being assessed for luck.

Similarly in the other divisional charts, the 4th house represents your stability in the matters ruled by that divisional chart. Do you have the potential to hold on to your throne? A weak 4th house in D10 is one factor that shows a person who is unable to rise up in his career.

(The Moon is the significator of the 4th house and Moon signifies fame in the 10th - a King must have a good reputation to maintain his throne).

(D) The 5th and 9th houses are trine houses and they generally give supporting boost to the career. In addition in the D10, the 9th house shows that the person would like to have a large measure of independence in his career. The 5th house is the 8th of the 10th (an important Karya house). The 5th would thus show a change of career or the start of a phase of the career for the native - generally for the better because the 5th is a trine house.

Good planets in the 5th house can help the native rise to a high position in the career - more so than even the 4th house. Whereas 4th denotes long term rise, the 5th can indicate a spectacular rise.

(Jupiter is the significator of the 5th and 9th and Jupiter signifies not only fame for the 10th together with the Moon but also prosperity and growth for the 10th).

(Sun is the natural ruler of the 5th and Sun signifies status, power and social rights for 10th house matters).

Regards

Hock Leong

The 11th divisional chart, Rudramsa has been delineated as the chart showing unearned Gains. One would surely gain (at least once) in the affairs of the house the planet is in during its Dasa or Bukhti or other sub-periods.

If the 12th House of Rudramsa is strongly fortified with Neecha Bhaga Yoga (both the debilitated planet Jupiter and Saturn are placed in Capricord), does the 12th House signify gains or expenditures that are controlled? I read in texts in astrology and they always mentioned that when the 12th House is strongly fortified, at most it only signifiies expenditures that are controlled but nothing was mentioned of gains (other than moksha gains of course). Is the Rudramsa chart an exception to this principle?

It must be noted that Saturn here rules the Ascendant and Jupiter rules the Dhana Houses of 11th and 2nd.

Looking forward to your reply, fellow Jyotishians.

There are different views on how divisional charts should be analysed (together with the Rasi chart). One view which I d to is as follows :

(1) Analyse the Rasi chart.

(2) See how the Rasi is linked for a particular Bhava with the corresponding divisional chart for the corresponding area that comes under the divisional chart's purview. Pay particular attention to the Karya Houses for the particular divisional chart under consideration. The Lagna for a divisional chart is also always important.

Step (2) is doing a microscopic analysis of a particular House in the Rasi. Other than the Karya Houses and Lagna of a divisonal chart, usually the emphasis of analysis in a divisional chart is on the planets position in Rasi, planets position in Houses and planetary aspects. Consideration of house rulerships is minimal other than Karya Hosues and Lagna.

(3) For (2) the influence is one-way except for the Navamsa which can affect the quality of the planets in the Rasi as detailed by Mr Vaughn Paul in his various posts. However, the functional beneficience and maleficience of a planet like the trinal lords is primarily anchored in the Rasi.

(4) Analyse each divisional chart in turn independently of the Rasi. This area of investigation is to find out how events unfold for that area of life of the native after the initial tied up with the Rasi. Functional beneficience and maleficience of a planet in a particular divisional chart can likewise be analysed independently in this step.

step (4) is doing an unfolding analysis - and in my experience for my chart, it is potent. Karya Houses and the Lagna take precedence but other Houses (secondary importance) in the chart can also be factored in for analysis - more weightage given than in step (2).

For step (4) bear in mind the peculiarities of each chart when analysing House Rulerships like it may not applicable for Div-2 (Hora) chart and some adjustments for the Div-30 (Trimsamsa) chart (only 300 degrees - Sun and Moon do not own Houses).

D-10 is said to relate primarily to career & since the 10th house represents career, it seems to me that 10th house & planets/yogas relating to 10th house in Dasamsa chart may be accurate & relevant indicators of a person's career.

As an example, I look at a particular D-10 chart where the lagna is Capricorn: Venus & Mercury are in Pisces, ie: the 9th & 10th lords combine in the 3rd house. Note 10th lord Venus exalted in watery Pisces; the combination forms a dharma-karmadhipathi yoga/Raja Yoga & is strengthened by Jupiter's aspect from Scorpio. Further, Rahu occupies the 10th house Libra.

The native had absolutely no educational & family background,

inclination or even a vague idea of pursuing a technical career in

marine radiocommunication. A series of circumstances made it happen.

The D-10 chart seems to hold the key as explained below.

The native is well employed (exalted 10th lord joining 9th lord aspected by sign lord Jupiter in D 10) as a professional working in the field of communications (3rd house) in the midst of the ocean (watery Pisces). The specific means of communication is electronic equipment/ radio (rahu). The native got his major career breakthrough in rahu bhukti of moon dasa. In D-10 chart, moon in 4th is in mutual aspect with Rahu posited in the 10th house. In D-10 chart, the lagna (Capricorn) lord is Saturn (representing oil) and as lagna lord posited in the 4th house, he aspects both lagna & 10th houses. Extremely powerful Saturn in natal chart (D1) in Aquarius perhaps makes the oil industry the field/arena whereby the native's career & worldly position gets well established.

Thus, the native's career as a professional in the field of marine radio communication happens to be in the oil industry (and not in the merchant navy). Since the native is running Rahu dasa with Rahu occupying 10th house in D-10, Rahu will probably facilitate significant career progress for the native.

Feedback on the above analysis is welcome.

Regards,

Hi,

In my previous post, I analysed my own chart mainly in D-10 only to show how exact career details were indicated in the D-10 chart. In rasi chart, which is always the foundational chart, the 10th house has a single strong feature viz: 10th lord Saturn in 11th house very strongly placed.

He occupies his own varga 7 times with a strength of 9.97 rupas, 199 %

strength (almost twice the minimum strength required for Saturn). This confirms a good career and a good income but the exact career details are clearly revealed in the D-10.

Coming to your rasi chart:

1) Lord of 6th & 9th Jupiter is in the 10th. The moolatrikona lordship predominates so Jupiter is overall, only slightly benefic.

2) Ketu is in 10th. Ketu indicates denial of worldly success to facilitate spiritual progress.

Conclusion: Ketu's combination with Jupiter aspected by vargottama Saturn accentuates the spiritual qualities of the 10th house. Denial of worldly success may facilitate spiritual growth.

3) The lagna lord Moon goes to the 4th house and aspects the

10th but is conjunct Rahu.

4) Saturn as lord of 7th and 8th in lagna aspects the 10th house.

Conclusion: Note how both lagna and 9th lords associate with the 10th house in a good Gajakesari Yoga but the presence of nodes Rahu and Ketu and the aspect of 8th lord Saturn nullifies the good yoga to a very large extent. Again, denial of worldly success may facilitate some

spiritual growth.

5) 5th and 10th lord Mars goes to the 12th house indicating setbacks in fortune and career. Again the moksha sthana 12th house benefits from

it showing the possibility of worldly loss leading to possibilities of spiritual progress.

6) Lagna is occupied by 7th and 8th lord Saturn who is vargottama.

Lagna lord Moon although in favourable 4th aspected by Jupiter is

eclipsed by Rahu. Struggle and setbacks are again indicated.

Conclusion: All the above factors indicate struggle and setbacks that

may facilitate the possibility of spiritual progress.

The Dasamsa chart shows planets that are connected with the career

in some way. Planets connected with D-10 lagna and 10th house are:

Mercury exalted in 10th house, Jupiter owning Lagna and aspecting 10th, Saturn aspecting 10th and Sun occupying Lagna. All these planets may give some result related to 10th house. Use your own life data to

co-relate with the above indicators to get a composite picture.

Hope this helps,

Ashok

In addition to Ashok's reply to you that aspects in divisional charts point to certain events as evidenced by transits in the divisional charts, I also want to argue from a metaphysical point of view. Later on, I will quote from you from a blog which indicates that aspects in divisional charts is important.

METAPHYSICS

-----------------

If you agree that

(1) the Rasis in the divisional charts and Rasis in the Rasi Chart are one and the same and transits in Rasi Chart and transits in divisional charts touch off the same point

(2) that planets whether in the Rasi chart or in the divisional chart are planets of the same properties ie. active and with aspects (the point about them being active bodies is that aspects are more important to Grahas than say shadowy planets like Rahu),

then aspects should be considered in divisional charts whether they are pointers to indicators of future events or give direct results. This is just a manner of description only. It could be that Ashok is right in that divisional charts can be considered as another world where the planets are placed - a world with a higher dimensionality if you like.

QUOTE FROM A BLOG

-------------------------

This is a blog I got fom Navarsimha Rao.

Houses in Divisions

Namaste friends,

I will not engage in a debate with Pradeep, who seems to make up his own rules to play by and keeps changing them as the debate progresses. But I wanted to write in detail about the verse I mentioned yesterday for the benefit of those who are interested and also those who may be confused by all this.

I am using the ITrans convention for transliteration. You can cut & paste this text into software supporting ITrans (e.g. "ITranslator 99" from Omkarananda Ashram) and see the text in Sanskrit.

lagna Shadvargake chaivamekakheTayutekShite |

rAjayogo bhavatyeva nirvishaMkam dvijottama || 39-13

pUrNa dR^iShTe pUrNayogamardhadR^iShTe.ardhameva ca |

pAdadR^iShTe pAdayogamiti GYaeyaM kramAt phalam || 39-14

This verse means that if lagna in all the six divisions is occupied or aspected by the same planet, it constitutes a raja yoga. Based on the fullness of the aspect, the strength of the yoga is to be decided.

One can argue that this is rasi drishti (which does not need houses), but the mention of full, half and quarter aspects makes it quite obvious that graha drishti based on houses is being referred to. In rasi drishti, there are no grades of aspects.

As a matter of fact, Sri Santhanam did not translate the verse any differently than I would. In fact, I see no scope to translate differently. Under his notes, Sri Santhanam wrote the following:

"Aspects are referred to in the divisional charts here. I am unable to fully conceive the logic in aspects in divisional charts for the sage himself referred to the longitudinal aspectual evaluations in an earlier chapter. Without commenting further on this controversial aspect I leave it at that, accepting my limitations to explain this fully."

While some people seem to be quite arrogant in vehemently and forcefully dismissing the use of houses in navamsa despite the long history of the practice by great scholars, one may notice that the great Santhanam was quite humble. He did not question the verse or try to misinterpret it or give alternate interpretations. He was a scholar. He clearly recognized what this verse meant and what it implied!!! He simply accepted his limitation to explain it further or make sense of its obvious implication.

That is why I respect Sri Santhanam so much. Even if I disagree with him in a few places based on careful study, it is nothing personal. As a person, I respect him immensely. He is a great role model to aspiring scholars.

Now, intelligent readers should note that Santhanam's "inability to explain this fully" does not mean that the verse is wrong or questionable. As Santhanam himself accepted, it was his "limitation" that he could not "explain this fully". Now, let me try to "explain this fully". (Note to Pradeep: I will NOT respond to any questions or comments from you.)

[unquote]

Although the blog quoted above is aiming at the question of using houses in divisional charts, the first few paragraphs (excluding the last three paragraphs) definitely indicate that aspects are used in divisional charts.