IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kidvisions

Is philosophy enough?

Rate this topic

so you think that merely having eyes to look , is something exceptionally beautifull ? ???

I meant is an answer to "Christian God is NOT personal(with form)".

Not"Christian God is beutiful."

there's no necessity that there has to be eyes to enable a person to look . a yogi or rakshasa after becoming invisible can look around perfectly . a ghost living in sukshma sarira can also look around

so your saying,Raksasa becomes invisible,means he destroys his body(notably his eyes) and then looks ??

What rot.

He becomes invisible to OUR...that doesn't mean his eyes actually becomes nonexistent.

the suksma sarira IS a SARIRA.Which yogi can remain by niraakar form..Gazing without eyes ???

What are u saying ??

GOD !!!

!!

do you know the correct intonation for chanting purusha sukta ? i have it by heart . all through the purusha sukta there not even a single utterence of the word narayan

Thanks for pointing out that i don't know purusha sukta by heart(again,what was the purpose ?? anyway...)

I KNOW there is not a 'SINGLE' mention of Narayana...that's why i further pointed out that subala upanishad clarifies it further as the Primeval Purusha being Narayana(are you in such a hurry to taunt me ?? Gee.be patient. read the post properly.)

!!

i thought we were discussing about six opulances ......... are you having trouble understanding ranjeet ??? im really concerned about your health

Six opulences means shada aisvarya...does it not ????

Durga..Sadashiva(i doubt He displays Opulence like wealth) obviously possess the six opulences...silly,they are the Eternal forms of Godhead.

But when Shankaracharya and notably all the acharyas pointed out Sri Krsna..it is meant that He is the Original Bhagavan with six opulences(poor choice of word(original) but there 's no other word...),the Basis of all forms of God(and thus Their opulences too(duh)).

Note: Parashara muni is undisputedly the FIRST ONE to have defined this term(Shada aisvarya sampanna).And Parashara Muni termed Sri Krsna Thus.

Besides...I thought the Christian God was He.

Did i miss out on something(that your saying it refers to Devi ?)

you know good english !! who taught you?

just see how confused you are !!

just a moment ago you said that vedas proclaim three paths . now you say that gyana path is not independent .

that would mean that the other two paths converge onto the central bhakti path before finally reaching god .

but the paradox is that , then they wouldnthave been called paths at all ...........but again the vedas said three paths !!!

The gyana which the shankarites follow leads to atma-gyana.--(1)

The knowledge(gyana) which Sri Krsna bestows with His mercy eliminates the Vidya Maya also(in short: Brahm Gyan.)--(2)

Tad nugra haituke moksha siddhir bhavitu marhati- Sri Shankaracharya.

The knowledge which You bestow,Oh Sri Krsna,enables one to attain mukti.

This latter process of Gyan...Where all the normal sadhanas are performed uptil atma-gyan and then after that,Sri Krsna bhakti is performed for His mercy....Is described in the vedas.

The gyan which you talk about (1) is the one which declares to be independent of Sri Krsna kripa and has started from the Mayavada school.

The gyan (2) is described in the geeta as being the one leading to Brahm Gyan...

the suksma sarira IS a SARIRA.Which yogi can remain by niraakar form..Gazing without eyes ???

What are u saying ??

i knew you would say that !! sukshma sarira is ego mind intellegence etc , not invisible hands invisible eyes invisible brains ...............

I KNOW there is not a 'SINGLE' mention of Narayana...that's why i further pointed out that subala upanishad clarifies it further as the Primeval Purusha being Narayana(are you in such a hurry to taunt me ?? Gee.be patient. read the post properly.)

unauthorised later day dubious text .....

Durga..Sadashiva(i doubt He displays Opulence like wealth) obviously possess the six opulences...silly,they are the Eternal forms of Godhead.

if durga narayan shiva all have the same six opulances it means that they are absolutely non-different . one cannot be forms of another .

The gyan which you talk about (1) is the one which declares to be independent of Sri Krsna kripa and has started from the Mayavada school.

The gyan (2) is described in the geeta as being the one leading to Brahm Gyan...

the gyana of gita is the same as advaita or gyana marga . there is absolutely no difference . if there would have been different krishna would have specifically mentioned it ......... your knowledge of gyana marga is incorrect and supercial

but anyways i dont want to drag this discussion on because this has happened before a lot of times . enjoy......

Who? It is the God of the Christians. There is no need to try and find an equivalent for the Christian God in other religions. Christianity rejects all the other Gods including Krishna, as false. People who follow these false Gods are doomed to eternal Hell.

So if you try your unsubstantiated "Krishna = Christian God", no Christian will accept it because,

1) Christianity rejects Krishna as a false God

2) You say the Christian God = Krishna

3) By 1) and 2) the Christian should reject his own God as false, which is a paradox as he is not a Christian then.

Cheers

of course they wont beleive it so easily.

Look at people like sonic yogi,bhaktjan etc.They have accepted it .

They Just have to be educated.

Iknow chtistianity has rejected idol worship.

Thats it i dont know about rejecting krishna.

Where fdo you come up with all this.

firstly i cant remember of any christian glorifying the beauty of lord . this is because beauty is a characteristic feature of a humanistic person . but christian god is personal non-anthropomorphic .

secondly if its is sadaishwarya or six opulences that you are speaking of then i think you are not quite educated on this yet. many other dieties of hindu pantheon also has this six opulances-complete weath, fame, beauty , renunciation , power , knowledge ...................... devi to state just an example .

now its your turn to decide to whom you want to attribute all these qualities............choice is yours............go ahead and vote !!!:)

<!-- / message -->

Ok these are just some of the qualities of the lord.

As the lord has to be supreme so he possese everything in supreme.

He is almighty .Lord of the universe.Is that christian enough.

I dont know about six opulences.

i just mentioned his powers.

So what i mean to say is lord is all powerful so this applies to maha vishnu .

So do you understand.

Sambya.

Or are you again talk like a stubbborn child.

And by the way what happened i had heard ramakrishna also propagated this .

I dont follow him that much, but you do so what happened.

My sincere request to sant and ranjeetmore:

Please stay away from topics which you have no idea of ,and curb your propensity to take every bait of sambya.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Your main problem is you think sambya is a muslim and by talking to him about hinduism will make hinduism bad or show a sad impression of it.Isnt it.

Mind your mouth.

my request

. but christian god is personal non-anthropomorphic .

Christian god is anthropomorphic.

Genesis 1:27 :So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Exodus 24:9-11:<sup id="en-NKJV-2187" class="versenum" value="9">9</sup> Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, <sup id="en-NKJV-2188" class="versenum" value="10">10</sup> and they <u>saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet</u> as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in its clarity. <sup id="en-NKJV-2189" class="versenum" value="11">11</sup> But on the nobles of the children of Israel He did not lay His hand. So they saw God, and they ate and drank.

Your main problem is ..

You win.By the way i am writing a book and one of my favorite line in that book is

<!--[if gte mso 10]> .......> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} ........> <![endif]--> Chandu:11 But the stupid shall inherit the forums; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of idiocy.

Subala upanishad is 'later day dubious text'.

Boo hoo.

Your the biggest loser...Just becoz your head is too thick to understand some things,doen't mean that it is false..

The rest of your post ???

Its all nonsense speculation.

Chandu,

You are such a two faced twit.

"Sambya is a dirty muslim."

Did i say the above line ?

This is conversation with an Actual CRISTIAN SCHOLAR and Satyaraja Dasa:

http://www.vconline.biz/2004/04novdec/garuda%20vs%20cherub%20short%20version.pdf

Mount of Yahweh..etc IS described INDEED.

Chandu...I have read some of the bible...and it only leads to one thing: God is Infinitely kind and we should Love Him.

The pdf link, if you cared to read says

quote Rev. Hart:

“Thou shalt have no other gods before Me” (Exodus 20.3).

..... Thou shalt not bow down to them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God. (Exodus 20.4-5)

Now what this has relevance to Lord Krishna??.

Is Krishna a jealous god???

Krishna says he grants wishes of people who worship other god(s).

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->

<!--[endif]-->

Gita 7.22: Endowed with such a faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.

7.21: I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship some deva(god), I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to that particular deity.

The Gita Chapter 3 Verse 3:

While on the first day of a Civil War while on the battlefield, God, the Supreme Person, said to his Warrior cousin Arjuna:

I have explained that there are two classes of men trying to realize the self. Some understand it by empirical, philosophical speculation, and others by devotional service.

The analytical study of the nature of spirit and matter, is the subject matter for persons who are inclined to speculate and understand things by experimental knowledge and philosophy. The other class of men work in Bhakti-yoga aka "Consciousness of Krishna".

Both the yogas are interdependent, as religion and philosophy.

Remeber this maxim:

Religion without philosophy = sentiment (or sometimes fanaticism)--

while philosophy without religion = mental speculation.

The vedas are crystal clear: Jnana,Karma and bhakti.These are the three paths with which you attain that Supreme Lord.

Originally Posted by sambya

ooh !!!!!!

so you admit that there are three diferent paths ???

then what was the need of creating such a fuss over advaita mayavada etc over the last few months ??!!!!!!!!!

gyana is also a path ........... leave it alone !!!

KNOWLEDGE is crystal clear:

"kindergarden + 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th Grade

+UNIVERSITY +PROFESSIONAL SEMINARS +INTERSHIPS +LIBILITY INSURANCE PREMIUMS +STUDENT LOAN RE-PAYMENTS".

These are the MULTIPLE-TIERED paths with which you attain that Supreme Path.

Jnana, Karma and bhakti are the 3-Progessive Steps to the Conclusion (of the Vedas).

Why else is there so many voluminous Vedic texts? Because it starts at stupid and ends with a fullly realized Person [Consciousness of Krishna].

What is amazing is that --without 'bestowing' knowledge --humans would not neccessarily presume that there are God(s), a Singular Godhead , nor the notion of Transcendent Liberation nor even that the world is a floating globe.

Please remember that 'Science' is any 're-producible' outcome of any action, ie: Breadbaking, rice growing, music making, etc ---it would seem that such fruits of work are made by expert sudras [artisans/craftmen].

'Science' = the skill to do the same thing over and over again with desirable & predictable results that yield benefits.

I suppose chandu this can be written in a different context.

Lord Jesus Christ calls the lord as ALL KIND as ranjeetmore says ive not read the bible.

So it does not necessarily mean god is jealous or something like that .

Besides if he is god then he wont be bad.

Its like krishna used to steal but then is it considered bad.

Its like krishna used to steal but then is it considered bad.

An infant stealing butter (if it can be called stealing) is hardly comparable to a God who sits back, doing nothing about the pain of suffering innocents in the world.

You need to get your perspective right.

Cheers

ok i cut the krishna example.

My point is that maybe the christian god had said it with another purpose.

If he is god then he cannot be bad.

If he was jealous he would have destroyed the other so called gods and their followers before only.

God who sits back, doing nothing about the pain of suffering innocents in the world.

You need to get your perspective right.

Whos innocent .

You tell me.

Is everyone perfect .

Has everyone been doing things right only.

Does nobody sin.

give your qualification of innocent.

And one more thing why dont you look at things by a broader view.

Its karamas.

The old testament quotes provided above are not from Jesus.

Now, i have to take a break as there is real danger of being sidetracked from bhakthi(as warned by Bhaktajan above.)

i suppose jesus propagated the old religion of christianity.You tell.

The gyana which the shankarites follow leads to atma-gyana.--(1)

The knowledge(gyana) which Sri Krsna bestows with His mercy eliminates the Vidya Maya also(in short: Brahm Gyan.)--(2)

Tad nugra haituke moksha siddhir bhavitu marhati- Sri Shankaracharya.

The knowledge which You bestow,Oh Sri Krsna,enables one to attain mukti.

This latter process of Gyan...Where all the normal sadhanas are performed uptil atma-gyan and then after that,Sri Krsna bhakti is performed for His mercy....Is described in the vedas.

This is further explained in the Varaha upanishad.

So when some unitelligent person states(Karma <==> bhakti) => gyan,

he is doing so out of his own deluded whims and absolutely no understanding.

It's like common sense,THERE IS NO EMANCIPATION UNLESS SRI KRSNA KRIPA/MERCY IS OBTAINED.

All the Veda sastras go on and on about mercy of Bhagavan.

So when some unitelligent person states(Karma <==> bhakti) => gyan,

he is doing so out of his own deluded whims and absolutely no understanding.

We interpret the Vedas to justify Jnana as the endpoint, which makes you the idiot.

Since you have absolutely no exposure to Advaita sans one bogus work of Shankara, we don't really expect anything better out of you.

Cheers

You 'interpret' the vedas like whaaa ???

"Sada pashyanti surayah tad vishno paramam padam."- vedas.

Paramam-

The highest/Supreme most place of Visnu is attained by the mahatmas.

This highest goal is further explained:

"Anusmin svargeloke jeye prati tishthati.."- vedas

After bhagavat praapti,the mahatmas go to the Supreme most abode.

This is the supreme goal of the vedas.

" Such is the greatness of this (Brahman).The Person is even greater than this. All this world(material manifestation) is a quarter of His manifestation, the other three quarters of His manifestation constitute immortal heaven. "

- Chandogya Upanishad 3.12.6

"The paravyoma/vaikuntha or the Spiritual sky,which is the supreme goal of every living entity makes up 3/4th of the total manifestation,whereas the mahat tattva/material creation is 1/4th."

-Srimad Bhagavatam.

When the Supreme goal is Paravyoma or the spiritual sky,OBVIOUSLY,the means(bhakti) to attain to that goal is also Supreme (duh).

Karma - 'Act' according to rules of 'Actions'

ie: walk un-assisted on your own two feet; feed yourself

with yourself by putting the food in your own pie-hole.

Gyana - 'Act' according to rules of 'Intelligence'

ie: walk across the street un-assisted . . . when traffic allows;

obtain the correct monetary change from the vendor

after paying with large currency denomination.

Bhakti - 'Act' according to rules of 'Devotion'

ie: The art & craft of a dedicated vocational occupation with loyal attachment dedication, commitment & fidelity with evergrowing endearing affection, fondness and care = Devotion