IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kidvisions

Seeking Guidance.

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm a 20 year old Tunisian spiritual discoverer.

I'm new in the world of spirituality, and I'm seeking guidanc among you.

Spirituality is not something most people are intrested in from where I come.

Actually,rare are those who consider important and try to make their path through it, I haven't met anyone who can guide me in my learning processe.

The only way for me to know about spirituality is the Internet.

I'm already signed in many forums and I'm taking part in various discussion, but I haven't met anyone willing to guide me.

I want to know how could we find our spiritual teacher, the one that will help us out in a beneficial way.

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

Actually,rare are those who consider important and try to make their path through it, I haven't met anyone who can guide me in my learning processe.

I'm already signed in many forums and I'm taking part in various discussion, but I haven't met anyone willing to guide me.

I want to know how could we find our spiritual teacher, the one that will help us out in a beneficial way.

Thank you.

It is said that your sadhguru will come when youre ready for him.

Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam seem to be pretty good books to read so you might start there. Definetly presents a unique outlook on the universe and why we are here etc.

Basically the main thing I got from those books is the we are not these bodies and that we are minute particles under the control of God. The stories about Krishna and his devotees and their pastimes are pretty entertaining for the most part and are pleasant things to contemplate.

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Hi :)

First of all, why don't you share with us your understanding as to what you think "spiritual" means and what you think "spiritual life" is all about.

Share with us a bit about your background as to how you became interested in these topics. Also, have you been studying any relevant texts? Or have you just been mentally speculating?

And maybe don't worry about finding a spiritual master or guru just yet. As sant had said in his post; Guru comes when the jiva (soul) is ready. Usually someone takes on guru when he is a bit mature in his understanding and spiritual life.

Hope this helps:)

Hi :)

First of all, why don't you share with us your understanding as to what you think "spiritual" means and what you think "spiritual life" is all about.

Share with us a bit about your background as to how you became interested in these topics. Also, have you been studying any relevant texts? Or have you just been mentally speculating?

And maybe don't worry about finding a spiritual master or guru just yet. As sant had said in his post; Guru comes when the jiva (soul) is ready. Usually someone takes on guru when he is a bit mature in his understanding and spiritual life.

Hope this helps:)

Hello,

thank you for your post.

I still don't have an exact conception of spirituality.

All I know is that there is so many secrets in this world,and I'm willing to discover thos I can discover.

I haven't read any texts really, I'm just a blank paper.

I need guidance from where to start, because there is just too much information and I don't know with which to begin.

Thank you.

I do not agree with what you've just said.

For what is God after all?

According to the Vedic literature my understanding is that God is among other things the supersoul directing the wanderings of all living entities. I think Prabhupada used to say something like God is the ocean and we are drops of the water in the ocean. So we as individual jivas have some of the properties of God but we can never become the whole ocean like God is so God is always the greatest but even under that paradigm even God can make his devotee greater than Himself if he wants.

If you are seeking spiritual Guidance on this message board that is mostly about Krishna it would be advisable for you to read Vedic literature in my opinion. It's all about Krishna and his various aspects etc. There are all sorts of standard endless debates that never end like the vaisnavas vs. advaitians etc. but Krishna is a fascinating person so I would recommend you educate yourself about Krishna if you are interested in seeking guidance from Hindus. If you are just looking for some miracle worker magicman guru to answer your questions then I would go to Las Vegas, just kidding. Most likely a real guru and spiritual adviser is gonna educate you about how the foolish people of the Kali-yuga are often fooled by phoney gurus and that there are phony incarnations of God on almost every street corner in the Kali-yuga. :)

According to the Vedic literature my understanding is that God is among other things the supersoul directing the wanderings of all living entities. I think Prabhupada used to say something like God is the ocean and we are drops of the water in the ocean. So we as individual jivas have some of the properties of God but we can never become the whole ocean like God is so God is always the greatest but even under that paradigm even God can make his devotee greater than Himself if he wants.

Now I can understand what you mean.

If you are seeking spiritual Guidance on this message board that is mostly about Krishna it would be advisable for you to read Vedic literature in my opinion. It's all about Krishna and his various aspects etc. There are all sorts of standard endless debates that never end like the vaisnavas vs. advaitians etc. but Krishna is a fascinating person so I would recommend you educate yourself about Krishna if you are interested in seeking guidance from Hindus. If you are just looking for some miracle worker magicman guru to answer your questions then I would go to Las Vegas, just kidding. :)

Thank you for your advice.

I have to admit that I'm still ignorant in terms of spirituality.

Is there hope for me?

Hello,

thank you for your post.

I still don't have an exact conception of spirituality.

All I know is that there is so many secrets in this world,and I'm willing to discover thos I can discover.

I haven't read any texts really, I'm just a blank paper.

I need guidance from where to start, because there is just too much information and I don't know with which to begin.

Thank you.

Hi. Well at least you're honest. And you're in a nice position which can help you go far. So long as you remain your sense of humility you'll be able to learn all these things.

Some of the first basic questions you need to ask are:

Who am I?

What is life?

What is the meaning of life and/or its purpose?

What is God?

These are first preliminary questions you'll need to investigate.

You can find these answers in the Bhagavad-Gita. Or if you can't get the book, start a thread? Ask all the questions you like in this forum!

Hope this helps

Hi. Well at least you're honest. And you're in a nice position which can help you go far. So long as you remain your sense of humility you'll be able to learn all these things.

Some of the first basic questions you need to ask are:

Who am I?

What is life?

What is the meaning of life and/or its purpose?

What is God?

These are first preliminary questions you'll need to investigate.

You can find these answers in the Bhagavad-Gita. Or if you can't get the book, start a thread? Ask all the questions you like in this forum!

Hope this helps

Thank you,

I have found the book in thebigview.com

I will read it, although I prefer to find the answers through meditation and observation.

Thank you for your advice.

I have to admit that I'm still ignorant in terms of spirituality.

Is there hope for me?

Absolutely. Like thehat said read Bhagavad Gita then Srimad Bhagavatam if you are interested in getting the Indian take on spirituality. They definetly have a unique perspective on things and a rich spiritual tradition that speaks of a golden age from long ago that addresses a lot of the difficulties and suffering in life. Definetly worth studying and it gives a whole different perspective on the history of the Earth etc.

Absolutely. Like thehat said read Bhagavad Gita then Srimad Bhagavatam if you are interested in getting the Indian take on spirituality. They definetly have a unique perspective on things and a rich spiritual tradition that speaks of a golden age from long ago that addresses a lot of the difficulties and suffering in life. Definetly worth studying and it gives a whole different perspective on the history of the Earth etc.

But what if I don't understand?

Or I get it wrong?

Or I get it wrong?

If there is something you don't understand I would ask questions to someone like stonehearted, Ghari, theist, mahak or someone like that on this board. They all seem to have a very deep understanding of the Vedic literature. I have been reading their posts for almost 7 or 8 years and have learned a lot just from reading.

If there is something you don't understand I would ask questions to someone like stonehearted, Ghari, theist, mahak or someone like that on this board. They all seem to have a very deep understanding of the Vedic literature. I have been reading their posts for almost 7 or 8 years and have learned a lot just from reading.

That's so kind of you.

I'm going to start reading the book right now.

Or I get it wrong?

It's alright if you don't understand things right away or get things wrong :) It's not something someone grasps completely in a matter of days. That's actually why we take on gurus in our lives, they help us to understand these deep subjects. Also, there are plenty of learned people who are here to help aswell. So there's nothing to worry about. You'll be fine!

I would recommend reading Srila Prabhupada's version of Bhagavad-Gita first, you can find it online here http://www.asitis.com/

His version is most certainly authoritative and very good for people who are new to the Gita.

Therein he provides lovely purports which discuss many things you've been talking about so far.

It's alright if you don't understand things right away or get things wrong :) It's not something someone grasps completely in a matter of days. That's actually why we take on gurus in our lives, they help us to understand these deep subjects. Also, there are plenty of learned people who are here to help aswell. So there's nothing to worry about. You'll be fine!

I would recommend reading Srila Prabhupada's version of Bhagavad-Gita first, you can find it online here http://www.asitis.com/

His version is most certainly authoritative and very good for people who are new to the Gita.

Therein he provides lovely purports which discuss many things you've been talking about so far.

Hello again,

I've printed Shri Purohit Swami's version, but I'll start with the one you recommeneded. Thank you.

I don't think it's about finding one spiritual teacher. You can take the insight of many people and come to realizations on your own, with the help of God. Look within yourself and learn about your soul, without the added extras of what our physical world brings us.

in today's world and the current age, it is difficult to find an authentic spiritual teacher, the 24/7 kind. if that's what you are seeking, then it should be an overwhelming need and desire. you should pray to god in the form that attracts you, and you should pray with utmost dedication and frequency. you can find spiritual helpers along the way, such as through the internet, you can join a group which helps you get started in some kind of spiritual practice, you can read to increase your knowledge, but if you are seeking the ever present 24/7 guru and if your seeking is sincere and the only goal that matters, the teacher will appear in your life at the appointed time. but you must take steps towards that direction as you seem to be doing. not everyone is destined to have that kind of guru, if you are sincere in spiritual practice and pray fervently, (praise to divine through divine's holy name) you will recognise the spiritual teacher in everything and everyone. every moment in life has something to teach you if you intoxicate yourself with god, the learning begins.