IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
hindustani

What you prefer Bhakti Or Sadhana and Why?

Rate this topic

What you prefer Bhakti Or Sadhana and Why?

This is similar to asking "Do you like mango or eating fruits?"

Bhakti is a way. If you choose it, you want to practice it. It is called sadhana-bhakti. When feelings grow and mature, they do not need to be "practiced" anymore, so sadhana is not there anymore.

excellent

i also listen to him.

But you do not believe him.Otherwise,you wouldn't be so confused.

You have to have firm faith in the brahm nishtam guru.Otherwise,it is all useless.

There is absolutely no way we can understand the aim of the Vedas w/o surrendering(atleast by way of intelligence to a realised guru.)

Surrendering intelligence means When the mahatma is saying,"Sri Krsna is the ultimate Goal to be known through the vedas"

you have to accept it completely and w/o doubt.Otherwise...

Tulsidas states,"There are hundreds of different philosophies of the puranas and the tantra sastras etc.They are all confusing.If you go into them,you will surely never come to the right conclusion."

This is similar to asking "Do you like mango or eating fruits?"

Bhakti is a way. If you choose it, you want to practice it. It is called sadhana-bhakti. When feelings grow and mature, they do not need to be "practiced" anymore, so sadhana is not there anymore.

Profound :).

Profound :).

Not really.

Sadhana is like when Vaishnava parents raise a child in religious practices.

In the beginning the child does it because the parents make him.

Then, if the child actually gets to the point where he does it willingly out of attraction and interest in Krishna, then that become raga bhakti.

Not really.

Yes, this is profound because it comes from Sri Rupa Goswami in his treatise on bhakti rasa. This is none of my ideas.

Sadhana is like when Vaishnava parents raise a child in religious practices.

In the beginning the child does it because the parents make him.

Then, if the child actually gets to the point where he does it willingly out of attraction and interest in Krishna, then that become raga bhakti.

Yogiji, you seem to belong to Gaudia culture, you really need to read Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu one day... I can give you by your first request quotes from the chief theologian of the sampradaya to show that yours is a very vague and incorrect understanding.

The maturity of bhakti is measured on a scale sadhana-bhava-prema. Whereas types of sadhana are vaidhi and raganuga, the main difference being motivation. There are statements (in Sri Jiva, for instance) that there is NO way in which vaidhi will AUTOMATICALLY become raganuga-bhakti. Vaidhi can proceed to ultimate perfection. To become a raganuga-bhakta you need to catch emotional attitude of a raga-bhakta. At that point you become greedy "I want this, I want to have the same raga as him". This feeleing ranges from initial attraction to overwhelming greed. The reason for meeting a raganuga-bhakta is not known to Sri Rupa, he is simply saying "This happens by mercy".

Please excuse this post, I can't reply in a private message yet. Dear Chandra Sekhar (chandu_69), thanks, but I am not a geniune spiritual person. I like reading books sometimes (economical crisis is the best time for that because you have a lot of spare time). Do not take this for spirituality. Divya jnana and intellect are not the same.