IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest love_alliance18

How do we serve God?

Rate this topic

Guest love_alliance18

Respected all,

Can some one explain the real meaning of service to god? And also tell which is the most distinct out of all?

With Best Regards,

God Bless All!!

Om Namah Shivaya!!

Respected all,

Can some one explain the real meaning of service to god? And also tell which is the most distinct out of all?

With Best Regards,

God Bless All!!

Om Namah Shivaya!!

The way i see it , pure devotion is a service to god.

Serving God is a great science. It might take many life times to master it. But it might be also that you have done a lot of the study in your previous lives. In either case here is a link to some excellent library of authoritative manuals (scriptures) on this science: http://www.purebhakti.com/resources/ebooks-a-magazines-mainmenu-63/cat_view/53-bhakti-books-download.html

Good luck! :)

Guest love_alliance18

Serving God is a great science. It might take many life times to master it. But it might be also that you have done a lot of the study in your previous lives. In either case here is a link to some excellent library of authoritative manuals (scriptures) on this science: http://www.purebhakti.com/resources/ebooks-a-magazines-mainmenu-63/cat_view/53-bhakti-books-download.html

Good luck! :)

Respected visnujana,

I couldn't find anything on the link above. Kindly re-validate the link.

With Best Regards,

God Bless All!!

Om Namah Shivaya!

Hmm..:confused: It works fine on my side. If you can see two big words there: 'English' and 'Hindi' just click on one that you know better. (I assumed that you could have known Hindi also). Can you see that?

now . its really tough to answer that . how do we know that we are really pleasing him ? but then again i dont think that he needs to be 'pleased' . he is infinitely compassionate ......purnamidam purnamadaha ............the complete . saying that he needs to be 'pleased' would be reducing him . his mercy and love is always there . its we who have to tune in to his mood and recieve that mercy , that bliss .

even the taliban thinks that they are serving god . that is why we must follow the methods prescribed by some god realized souls . chaitanya mahaprabhu said that taking the name of lord and having compassion to jivas are serving the lord . but many interpret this compassion only as giving in charity . whereas for some it implies preaching god's name while thousands lie starving . now , what is real compassion ?

i feel both material charity and instructing people of god are compassion . but this preaching should be done carefully . it is not the same preaching as converting a heathen into your faith . its not to make everyone a recluse yogi . it must be suitable to the person . because ultimately no one can be dragged to spirituality .

ramakrishna paramahamsa further elaborated this principal by saying that that we shoul not be compassionate towards jivas . who are we to show compassion . we must serve the jivas as though they were the shiva(god) .

i guess service to god cannot come in a day . it shows through the entire life of a man . sincere parctice of spirituality, meditation , japa , archana , kirtan , giving in charity , being compassionate to all around you , living only in the true ego , surrendering the fruits of work (both good an bad) to lord , being desireless all amounts to his service . all this requires wonerfull simplicity of the person concerned and grace from above .

service to god by being spiritual does not mean that one has to be inert . spending the entire life in a cave in himalayas is worthless . inertness is a symbol of tamoguna . all spiritual teachers have been active . dedicate your life to betterment of the world .......both spiritually and materially . i guess these might amount to service !!

Namaskar,

How do we serve god? Well...in my thinking, we serve god well if we respect and take good care of ourselves, other people and other entities that we share the world with. Then again, it's my humble thinking and might not go well with many people. I apologize in advance to people belonging to that category. Namaste.

Krsna explains in the Gita all the ways in which the Divine is to be served. You should read the Bhagavad Gita. This should be read on a continuous basis to reach understanding. Devotion and Humility towards the Divine and the desire and effort to surrender the ego are the main actions required for any real spiritual progress.