IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sreeram

God is good or bad ?

Rate this topic

This was a question I was asked by a atheist?

Who created us. God?, is yes. God is good or bad. If good. Why he created poor people and rich people. Why children die during birth. Why there are healthy people and sick people.

Don’t relate it with the sin committed in the past life. There are people religion who doesn’t believe in past life.

You can answer truthfully with a "don't know" to all these questions and yet be a theist.

There is no law requiring theists to know answers to all questions related to God. Better to be honest and admit having no clue instead of quoting nonsense from old books or simply repeating what someone else said.

Cheers

There are people religion who doesn’t believe in past life.

Then they are not ready for higher knowledge and are therefore very unfortunate and cannot have higher knowledge and learn how to attain salvation from material suffering.

Maybe after many more lifetimes of suffering they will accept the truth of reincarnation.

Ignorant people cannot be helped if they are not willing to accept the teaching of Lord Krishna in Bhagavad-gita.

Ignorant people cannot be helped if they are not willing to accept the teaching of Lord Krishna in Bhagavad-gita.

Just FYI,

The OP's questions are not addressed in the Gita...not unless you are the type who is willing to twist, meander and distort until one read just about anything in the Gita.

On a different note, if you are interested in debating atheists, you should be capable of discussion at multiple levels. It does not make any sense to address generic/basic/common sense questions by resorting to a couple of religious books from one part of the world and demanding faith in these books as a prerequisite.

I don't know if you get what I am saying, but I have to try anyway.

Cheers

Don’t relate it with the sin committed in the past life. There are people religion who doesn’t believe in past life.

Karma catches up no matter one believe or don't believe or one tries to manipulate it.

Logically speaking if there is no karma the only other option is god simply doesn't bother.

There are many theists, who feel that God is personally and directly involved with our pleasures and pains. There are many theists who don't feel that way.

All you can do is represent your understanding of God and the system we are involved in.

Personally, I believe in karma. Because of my belief I will incorporate karma in my explanation of why I feel God is good, and the sufferings we experience are due to our choices. Karma inherently involves sin in past lives.

The constraints you have placed on the answers you seek on this forum likely belong on a forum of Abrahamic base since they don't believe in karma.

When discussing God and our suffering, karma is arguably the only way to support the notion of a kind God.

Who created us. God?, is yes. God is good or bad. If good. Why he created poor people and rich people. Why children die during birth. Why there are healthy people and sick people.

Is being naughty bad?

----------------------

From Bilvamangala Thakura, who in his later life, lamented: " I was situated as a monist in order to become one with the Supreme(advaita), but somehow or other I contacted a naughty boy( Govinda) and became His eternal servitor."

if you want the question to be answered to satisfaction you cannot possibly do without karma .

karma works on its own and its accruing results leads us to our next birth ........this in short is the essence of karmic law .

now the question comes why must we believe in this law ? because karmic law is the only philosophy that neatly solves the puzzle that you are speaking of . and it is in the nature of human beings to accept that hypothesis as true which solves the problem most satisfactorily until a more potent hypothesis comes up and takes the place of the former . in this case no hypothesis has yet come up to take the place of karmic law .

without karma in its place it must be god who decides our fate . therefore it must be him who is responsible for all these poor children rich children stuff . thus it means that he is partial and unjust . anyone who is partial cannot be god !! therefore by not accepting karmic law you automatically reject god !!

if god is just and equal there must be a karmic law working out there !!

if karmic law isn't there then god must be biased and heavily partial , and hence no god !

the religions which do not accept karma , is obviously not enriched enough in this field . but that does not make the religion futile , of course . every religion has shortcomings and lack of belief in karma is theirs .

if you wanna talk about god talk about karma

or else

talk about a bloodthirsty tyrant sitting in the heavens ............

Guest love_alliance18

Respected Sreeram,

The creator of human being is not god as i had already mentioned it in a previous post of mine. The human being is created by the supreme and gods are our nurturer. If i ask you a question that are your parents good or bad? What will be your answer? It's all upto you on how you see the world.

Even, i don't believe in past life and what i believe is that what you do is what you get but all is pre-destined. People are poor and rich not by fate but by goods and bads they have done in their very own present life.

If you sit and analyze your rights and wrongs since birth you will know what was wrong and what was right?

Each and every human being in this world has a specific reason for existence. The child who dies in birth had a reason to come to mother earth and it is very likely that his objective was fulfilled in the womb itself and hence he dies at birth and returns to the supreme.

What you do in this life comes to you in this life only. And once you know the reason for your existence and you accompolish your objective you are free of this world.

For more details you can read this post :

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/spiritual-discussions/453077-why-does-human-exist.html

With Best Regards,

God Bless All!!

Om Namah Shivaya!

The human being is created by the supreme and gods are our nurturer.

sorry but i couldnt understand the difference between supreme and god . are you talking of brahman and the devas ?

Even, i don't believe in past life and what i believe is that what you do is what you get but all is pre-destined. People are poor and rich not by fate but by goods and bads they have done in their very own present life.

karma !!

Each and every human being in this world has a specific reason for existence. The child who dies in birth had a reason to come to mother earth and it is very likely that his objective was fulfilled in the womb itself and hence he dies at birth and returns to the supreme.

i think the same way :)

And once you know the reason for your existence and you accompolish your objective you are free of this world.

do you really think that every man that dies does so after knowing his reason of existence ??!!! and since you dont believe in reincarnation why do you think you are binded ? you know you are going to live only this one time and no more . so you are already free ........... there was no bondage at all .isnt it ?

Why does an apple fall down, not up?

BTW, I do not believe in any forces or causes I cannot see with my eyes.

So explain to me why we have so many unfortunate apples on the ground. There is no rational explanation.

Therefore I conclude that the world is simply chaos, if it exists at all.

Tell him it is because of bad people in the the world who are greedy and not satisfied with with what they've got.It is because of us who cannot sacrifice that is why we cannot live happily.We decide to make things easier by using cheap food products etc that is why disease come.We act carelessly. we ourselves cause armgeddon by using cars acs etc without caring for enviroment.Global warming.We always eye on other peoples wealth and so do evil things to get more wealth.we steal from people by our greed that is why other people become poor. Stealing does not mean directly only.We steal harmony and peace from other people when shout hit fight like animals just to prove our supremacy.We are not ready to ask forgiveness and forgive that is why there is war.

God is not unjust,he loves everybody unconditionally.Hes given us the land ,crops everything without selfishness unconditionally.It is we who have misused it .Hes given freewill. so we decide what we do in our lives.We be good or bad.He is not like us to give preference to our family friend etc.But he cares for every being .If we want his grace then we should ask from him have faith in him and change our habits.

If there isnt a god then also we are the reason.If there is then also we are the reason we suffer .

Why does an atheist bother to ask about something he believes does not exist? He should worry about himself being good or bad.

And you first need to define what is good, and what is bad.

Do not waste your time trying to convince an atheist that God exists. Rather tell him about the soul - once he truly understands he is not the body he will start developing a more spiritual outlook on life.

Why does an apple fall down, not up?

BTW, I do not believe in any forces or causes I cannot see with my eyes.

So explain to me why we have so many unfortunate apples on the ground. There is no rational explanation.

Therefore I conclude that the world is simply chaos, if it exists at all.

Very Good.

To add, one can accept that the world is random and chaotic and yet be a theist. There is no connection between theism & worldly events, unless we create one ourselves or accept such a connection proposed by someone else.

As I have said before, such self-created connections are distractions and take the focus away from the real thing.

Cheers

Why does an atheist bother to ask about something he believes does not exist? He should worry about himself being good or bad.

We do not know the full story - specifically who started the discussion. The OP may have started and the atheist may simply have responded back with these questions.

It is my own experience that theists are more inclined to start the topic by challenging atheists, than the other way around. There is no shortage of proselytizing religious groups in this world where adherents are told to "spread the message" and convert the entire world to their way of thinking.

Cheers

There is no shortage of proselytizing religious groups in this world where adherents are told to "spread the message" and convert the entire world to their way of thinking.

Yes, that is true. Quite often atheism is a reaction to bad behavior of the so called 'religious folks'. When people are faced with religious violence, religious hatred and discrimination, forcible conversions, immoral conduct of religious readers, etc. they often conclude that atheism is the solution (see John Lennon's song Imagine).

I'll chose a sane and principled atheist over a religious kook any day.

When I look at someone with love I will notice that person's good qualities, and if I envy some other person I will see his bad qualities. Similarly the way we perceive the world depends on our attitude towards God, the creator. Whether or not I think I believe God it does not matter - deep in my consciousness I will always have some 'attitude' towards Him. BTW that's why even atheists are not at all indifferent to God. - They really have to always be proving that God does not exist, although such an activity would not make any sense from neutral point of view. Who would care to try to prove that 'ahlljktt18856' does not exist and how could one even do that?

Similarly God's creation might seem to be faulty, but this is only because of imperfect perception, because of some enmity of the soul. However, there is a process how to purify my consciousness and achieve a clear and truthful perception of the creation.

God is a loving creator, and as Gods creative energy moves through everything, because God is God, then what we do with that energy given to us by God, does not make God the one that is good or bad. However, we have the free will and responsibility to choose what/where we put that energy too, for good or for bad. If a man/woman has bad karma, it doesn't stop another from reaching out and showing kindness, lightening the burden of somone less fortunate.

I think that there is no such thing as "Good" or "Bad" really.

Our conception of Bad and God originally comes from the sensations of pleasure and pain. Like Epicurus explained.

So I believe that your friend must first question the way he sees things before he can make judgements on the nature of anything.

If God was bad,He would've killed you first and foremost for calling Him

names and disblieving in Him(you know God is All-Powerful).

But this doesn't happen.This means God Is NOT BAD.

If i call even the president bad names,he will come and kill me if he could.But God doesn't do that to you(the atheist).

So this means God is different from ordinary people.

This means your idea of good and bad doesn't even extend to God.He is way beyond that.

Every event in this world is a learning experience for people. If the world was perfect, what would we be living for? If you are religious, isn't the purpose of life to live and be the best person you can be? We're all living for something, whether it's to be in Heaven, etc. We want to be with God. That is, afterall, where the (after)life is perfect. If the world we physically live in today is perfect, how can humans ever evolve and learn from the tragedies that happen? I've asked myself that question as well, but I've come to realize that nothing happens without reason.

god is all pervading.. everywhere, there is nothing that exists beyond god.. god is the infinite.. god cannot be defined by terms, good and bad, good and bad exists within creation,depending on which perspective your looking from, but good and bad are just terms for our linear limited human understanding...they are nothing by which one can understand god..