IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Medical Astrology

FASTING as a remedy against malefic planets

Rate this topic

Most of us have observed fasts, at some time in our lives, often because we were told that a particular planet or planets are adverse for us and fasting on their day/s would help.

Fasts are generally observed from the break of dawn until after sunset, that is, during the day.

Very few fasts are observed for a full 24 hours, Ekadashi being one of them.

But mostly we fast during daylight hours only.

If Mars is adverse for us in our horoscope, we fast on Tuesdays; for Saturn, Saturdays; for Jupiter, Thursdays and so on and so forth.

What happens when we fast? How does fasting help us?

Here is an explanation, given with the help of Ayurveda.

SUNLIGHT is made up of the seven visible colours of our spectrum.

Each colour corresponds to one of the seven planets.

When we eat food, our jatharagni is stimulated and we begin to digest our food.

Jatharagni is a concept in Ayurveda, which means the Energy required to 'burn and digest' our food........ it is the energy that releases digestive enzymes.

This jatharagni is said to be powerful only during daytime and is very weak at night.

(Hence, Ayurveda also says we should avoid eating at night. Night is called Raakshas kaal, when the agni of Raakshas ganas is strong).

On each day of the week, the jatharagni is stronger in that colour of light which rules that day.

Food eaten on that day would be digested by an Agni stronger in rays of that particular colour and the ras-dhatu formed from the food would bear greater association with the planet that governs that ray of light!

(Ras-dhatu is the first of the seven dhatus that form our body. The other dhatus are formed, one by one, beginning from it).

When a person fasts, less food is consumed, less ras-dhatu is formed and so the dhatus (which are the building blocks of an individual) would contain lesser planetary effects of that particular planet!

With regular fasting therefore, a person would suffer less malefic effects of that planet in his life!

This is why fasting on certain days of the week is advised as a remedy for bad planetary positions and actions, in our horoscopes!

(This applies to the natal chart, dasha-bhuktis as well as transits).

Fasting can be combined with other remedial measures, too!

You may ask me on which day fasting will help you and I'd be glad to tell.

Dear Medical Astrology Ji,

I herewith provide the birth details of a girl to be married.Kindly

give your well considered view with regard to the necessity for this girl to be on fast for early marrige with a well matched partner and for a harmonius life later.

DOB:30-08-1977/07-04 hrs/Chennai,Tamilnad.

Kind regards,

Anusha

I herewith provide the birth details of a girl to be married.Kindly

give your well considered view with regard to the necessity for this girl to be on fast for early marrige with a well matched partner and for a harmonius life later.

DOB:30-08-1977/07-04 hrs/Chennai,Tamilnad.

Kind regards,

Anusha

Hello Anusha,

The girl has Leo Ascendant with well-placed dasha lord Mercury and bhukti lord Sun in the first house.

7th lord Saturn is unfavourably placed in 12th house with kalatrakaraka Venus, the latter being in nakshatra Pushya, ruled by Saturn (thus giving delay in marriage).

Further, Venus has acquired neecha amsa (navamsh).

There is pari-vartan yoga between Saturn and Moon, the latter being placed in Aquarius in the 7th house.

She should fast on Saturdays, and do abhishekam with pure Til Oil on Lord Hanuman, in a Hanuman temple also before breaking the fast, if possible.

Jupiter has just transited into her 7th house, by the way, so she should get good results.

Hi Is tehre way to loose weight by astrology

details

13tyh Novenber 1978 , Kolkata 00.12am

Thanks

Hello Sanwal, natives with Leo Ascendant with Saturn posited there are generally not obese, but in this case, we might say obesity could be the result of the following.

Lagna lord Sun who is also present dasha lord is in nakshatra of Jupiter (ruling over medha dhatu of the body), accompanied by retrograde Venus who is in Pisces navamsh of Jupiter.

Exalted Jupiter is placed in a watery sign where it can cause obesity, though it is not aspecting Sun or Saturn (lord of 6th house of illness).

In which phase did the obesity start and what are the height and weight presently? This could throw some more light on the matter and suggest what needs to be remedied.

basically after my marriage after july 2003.... Height is about 5.5and half feet and also weight about 85kgs....

so really need help

Which means towards end of Venus dasha and in Mercury / Ketu bhukti.

Please give me until tomorrow to work this out and I'll PM you the answer.

Hello Anusha,

The girl has Leo Ascendant with well-placed dasha lord Mercury and bhukti lord Sun in the first house.

7th lord Saturn is unfavourably placed in 12th house with kalatrakaraka Venus, the latter being in nakshatra Pushya, ruled by Saturn (thus giving delay in marriage).

Further, Venus has acquired neecha amsa (navamsh).

There is pari-vartan yoga between Saturn and Moon, the latter being placed in Aquarius in the 7th house.

She should fast on Saturdays, and do abhishekam with pure Til Oil on Lord Hanuman, in a Hanuman temple also before breaking the fast, if possible.

Jupiter has just transited into her 7th house, by the way, so she should get good results.

Dear Medical astrology Ji,:pray:

Thank you very much for the guidance & advice.I will pass on the advice.

What is your view on the Parivartan beween Sat & Moon,being the 12th lord in the 7th with the 9th aspect of Jupiter,placed with Mars which aspects the 2nd,5th & the 6th.Sat also aspects 2nd,6th & 9th.

Do these combinations any way disturb harmony in marital life?

If so, what kind of disturbance expected & remedy

Kind regards,

Anusha

VERRRRRYY INTERESTING! Well Sir, since I was about 17 I was always able to observe fasts for 48 hours, even at times 60! But I always kept it to 48 and sometimes just 24 but it was always on a random day..I fasted from Tues to Wed 48 hours (fast ended at 12 am thurs) soo what day would be good for me to fast? I really am curious please do advise and thank you very much!

My details: SEPT 26, 1987, 13:05, TORONTO, CANADA

OH! Could you advise me on what day I could fast for WEIGHTLOSS?? I've gained quite a bit from before but I JUST started working out again (I always was one that hit the gym and still enjoy it) and I am seeing some result but I know it'll take some more time, but im also muscular I jus need to lose some fat what day could I fast to improve my health and fitness? THANK YOU!

Dear Sir,

Could you please advise me what are the days good for me to fast based on my chart :

Date of birth : 30.11.1975

Time Of Birth : 9.56 am

Place of Birth : Perak, MALAYSIA

Thank you.

Which means towards end of Venus dasha and in Mercury / Ketu bhukti.

Please give me until tomorrow to work this out and I'll PM you the answer.

Main reason for extra weight would be lagna lord Sun being in Vishakha nakshatra (which is ruled by Jupiter) and the present dasha of Sun itself, until 28th Jan 2011.

The present bhukti of Mercury gets over on 23rd Sept 2009 and the next bhukti is that of Ketu, which may cause additional weight gain as Ketu is in the Jupiterean rashi Pisces.

Also, lagna lord Sun, the present dasha lord, is placed with retrograde Venus. Venus is in Pisces rashi in navamsh!

So you can see the continuous thread of connection with Jupiter and Pisces rashi.

You will benefit from:

1. Avoiding sweets especially sweetmeats and fish (Venus).

2. Taking regular exercise to whatever extent is tolerable to you, there is no need to over-strain yourself (Jupiter).

3. Avoiding foods contaning omega-6 fatty acids (shortened oils and margerine) and restricting all fried food in your diet.

4. Fasting on Thursdays, eating only fruits and light sabudana khichdi and similar food, if you need to eat during daytime. (Jupiter)

There is a special herbal regimen that would help you from now until right through Ketu bhukti. If you wish to take that, please PM or email me for the purpose.

Dear Medical astrology Ji,:pray:

Thank you very much for the guidance & advice.I will pass on the advice.

What is your view on the Parivartan beween Sat & Moon,being the 12th lord in the 7th with the 9th aspect of Jupiter,placed with Mars which aspects the 2nd,5th & the 6th.Sat also aspects 2nd,6th & 9th.

Do these combinations any way disturb harmony in marital life?

If so, what kind of disturbance expected & remedy

Kind regards,

Anusha

Actually I know more about planets and one's health (both physical and mental), as that is my area of study.

But I'll answer your question, as it concerns a lot of mental stress after marriage.

Rahu in the 2nd, aspected by both Saturn and Mars (though along with Venus and Jupiter) can cause stress in family life, during its bhuktis. Fortunately, there are no transits of Rahu that can cause much harm in the immediate future.

This type of stress can be contained by use of certain incense and essential oils (please see my blog listed in profile page).

Saturn and Maras aspecting the sixth house (of diseases / enemies and debt) will have to be looked at from the angle relevant to the native at that point of time in life, whenever such problem/s occur.

Fasting on Tuesdays and Saturdays will definitely help the native, where the sixth house aspects are concerned.

For the second house, Rahu would need greater attention, as I have already said.

Jupiter's aspect on the 7th house might help the native a lot, in her married life. The Moon, which is in the 7th house, is in Jupiter's nakshatra too.

I herewith provide the birth details of mine to be married.Kindly

give your well considered view with regard to the necessity for me to be on fast for early marrige with a well matched partner and for a harmonius life later.

DOB:05-06-1975/04-00 hrs/amalapuram.andhra pradesh, india,Lat (DMS) : 16° 34' 60N and Long (DMS):82° 1' 0E, time zone:UTC+5:30

Kind regards,

srirama

I will cast your horoscope and tell you which planets are malefic for you and when you should fast, but that may not necessarily help with regard to marriage...

It will depend upon which houses the malefic planets affect.

If they are concerning 7th house / spouse, only then will fasting on those particular days give benefit.

But if the malefic planets are delaying your marriage, fasting will definitley help!

(So, I will get back to you shortly.... as you can see, I still have some previous answers to give).

Dear Medical Astrology Sir,

The Latitude for Taiping, Perak, Malaysia is 4.85 / 4 51' 0"N (4 degress, 51 minutes 0 seconds north)

The Longitude is 100.7333333 / 100 44' -1"E (100 degress, 44 minutes -1 seconds east)

Thank you Sir,

Ranuel

OH! Could you advise me on what day I could fast for WEIGHTLOSS?? I've gained quite a bit from before but I JUST started working out again (I always was one that hit the gym and still enjoy it) and I am seeing some result but I know it'll take some more time, but im also muscular I jus need to lose some fat what day could I fast to improve my health and fitness? THANK YOU!

Hello Mr. Singh, this is how I would see it:

In the lagna kundali, lord of Lagna Mars, is in the rashi and nakshatra of the Sun, but in navamsh, Mars is in Sagittarius rashi of Jupiter.

Retrograde Jupiter aspects lagna lord from 6th house and Jupiter also aspects the Moon.

Navamsh lagna also is Sagittarius.

Hence, fasting on Thursdays would help you keep your weight under control.

You should also avoid eating too much dairy food, as Jupiter in the 6th house would give you a tendency to accumulate cholesterol and other fats from foods of certain kinds.

I don't think you need to take any other special precaution or measure to keep fit.

You are in Saturn dasha until May 2020 and Venus bhukti until May 2011, and should not have any life-style disease or problem on their account.

I hope this is the information you wanted?

Main reason for extra weight would be lagna lord Sun being in Vishakha nakshatra (which is ruled by Jupiter) and the present dasha of Sun itself, until 28th Jan 2011.

The present bhukti of Mercury gets over on 23rd Sept 2009 and the next bhukti is that of Ketu, which may cause additional weight gain as Ketu is in the Jupiterean rashi Pisces.

Also, lagna lord Sun, the present dasha lord, is placed with retrograde Venus. Venus is in Pisces rashi in navamsh!

So you can see the continuous thread of connection with Jupiter and Pisces rashi.

You will benefit from:

1. Avoiding sweets especially sweetmeats and fish (Venus).

2. Taking regular exercise to whatever extent is tolerable to you, there is no need to over-strain yourself (Jupiter).

3. Avoiding foods contaning omega-6 fatty acids (shortened oils and margerine) and restricting all fried food in your diet.

4. Fasting on Thursdays, eating only fruits and light sabudana khichdi and similar food, if you need to eat during daytime. (Jupiter)

There is a special herbal regimen that would help you from now until right through Ketu bhukti. If you wish to take that, please PM or email me for the purpose.

so this tells me i will never loose weight.... when can i ??/

so this tells me i will never loose weight.... when can i ??/

This tells you that you will need to diet and exercise, to lose weight.

It will not happen automatically, during a particular planetary period or transit!

It means, you will lose weight if you try hard enough!

Dear Medical Astrology ji

DOB: 15th March 1983

Time of birth: 16:32

Place of birth: Birmingham, UK

I suffer from stress and anxiety, particularly as I am having difficulties completing my MBBS degree. Also despite making an effort and looking I am not having much success in finding a suitable marriage partner. I am not attracted to the boys my parents show me. If I do meet a man I like, it never seems to work out. This is making me anxious and depressed. Which days can I fast to become more successful in my career to become a doctor and find the right person for marriage? What can I do so that I can get some mental peace?At the moment I am fasting on Mondays for lord Shiva, and I used to fast on thursdays to before but I've stopped now.

Thank you so much for your kind suggestions.

DV