IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Lotusflower

I gave up KC

Rate this topic

I given up KC.

I have realized I am just a normal Hindu and should have listened to my parents as they are my Guru. I should never have accepted Guru.

If I'd listened to my parents I would been happier.

I know Krishna is God, but I'm still a normal every day Hindu.

Jai Sri Ram

I given up KC.

I have realized I am just a normal Hindu and should have listened to my parents as they are my Guru. I should never have accepted Guru.

Jai Sri Ram

So why are you telling us?

I given up KC.

Jai Sri Ram

Lotusflower, you didn`t give up KC. It`s simply more than you could take." :popcorn:

I given up KC.

Jai Sri Ram

to be concious of krishna and dedicate ones life to him is itself very hindu . they do not contradict . krishna has been one of the foremost deities in hinduism . probably the number of hindus worshipping krishna is greater than number of vaishnavas worshipping krishna . so if you believe krishna is god and at the same time love to be a hindu , you can go on with it .

many normal everyday hindus worship him .

but if you are meaning iskcon by the words KC then it is a different issue . personally i feel that you mean to say that you have quitted yourself from the ways of iskcon . i guess thats okay .........

to be concious of krishna and dedicate ones life to him is itself very hindu . they do not contradict . krishna has been one of the foremost deities in hinduism . probably the number of hindus worshipping krishna is greater than number of vaishnavas worshipping krishna . so if you believe krishna is god and at the same time love to be a hindu , you can go on with it .

many normal everyday hindus worship him .

but if you are meaning iskcon by the words KC then it is a different issue . personally i feel that you mean to say that you have quitted yourself from the ways of iskcon . i guess thats okay .........

I`m so glad you are back, Sambya. I missed your hindsights.:)

Lotusflower, you didn`t give up KC. It`s simply more than you could take." :popcorn:

that is very true kc is very hard at times, cause there will alway be a oull from the material world.

here a question though an astrologer once told me that the reason why my life is so hard is cause i only pray to sri krsna and not really the other gods is this true??????

that is very true kc is very hard at times, cause there will alway be a oull from the material world.

here a question though an astrologer once told me that the reason why my life is so hard is cause i only pray to sri krsna and not really the other gods is this true??????

Yes, it`s true. If Krsnah doesn`t give you what you pray for, why don`t you try praying to Govinda, the Primeval Lord.:pray:

Melvin

If you ask me my answer will be a simple one.

All Shivites MUST worship Narayana and All vaishnavas MUST worship Shivji before praying their own God hence sorry I disagree with your last reply.

You are seeing clock to check time but remember clock is not a time.Unfortunately simple things have been made so complex that a simple person finds difficult to digest.Each time different sampradayas give different opinions and make them complex.Nowadays latest trend is to quote Vedic texts,I have no problems but there used to be many texts of Vedas and today most of them are missing unfortunately or not preserved.Reality is Vedas are simple and in just one line they explain everything but problem is people do self research on those lines and make things complicated.

Guest mkrsnah

Melvin

If you ask me my answer will be a simple one.

All Shivites MUST worship Narayana and All vaishnavas MUST worship Shivji before praying their own God hence sorry I disagree with your last reply.

You are seeing clock to check time but remember clock is not a time.Unfortunately simple things have been made so complex that a simple person finds difficult to digest.Each time different sampradayas give different opinions and make them complex.Nowadays latest trend is to quote Vedic texts,I have no problems but there used to be many texts of Vedas and today most of them are missing unfortunately or not preserved.Reality is Vedas are simple and in just one line they explain everything but problem is people do self research on those lines and make things complicated.

Sambhu is a transformation of Govinda, the Primeval Lord. From here you can pray for Him what you want.

Let me show you the reality mkrsnah.

Those who worship Shri Narayana i.e Vaishnava generally found richer but ill in health,

Those who worship Shri Shiva i.e Shivites found generally less richer but having lesser health problems.

Just check this around and you will find this a hard reality,above 2 lines of mine are always TRUE if they neglect Shiva(Vaishnav)and Narayana(Shivites),check and reply back.

best way is to worship your God with full respect for other people who have different style than yours.If this can be digested life runs smoothly aka healty and financially!

Guest mkrsnah

Let me show you the reality mkrsnah.

Those who worship Shri Narayana i.e Vaishnava generally found richer but ill in health,

Those who worship Shri Shiva i.e Shivites found generally less richer but having lesser health problems.

Just check this around and you will find this a hard reality,above 2 lines of mine are always TRUE if they neglect Shiva(Vaishnav)and Narayana(Shivites),check and reply back.

best way is to worship your God with full respect for other people who have different style than yours.If this can be digested life runs smoothly aka healty and financially!

I`m confused.:confused: You say those who worship Lord Siva is a vaishnava? While those who worship Narayana is a shivite? Why don`t you check your examples because they contradict each other. You mean. If I neglect to worhip Shiva because I`m a vaishnava, I`d be more richer but less healthy? But If I neglect to worship Narayana because I`m a shivite, I`d be less richer but more healthy? Then if that`s true then I rather be an eternal servitor of Govinda because that would not make me a worshipper of Lord Siva or Narayana. Would that make me any richer but less healthy or that would make me poorer but more healthy?

if you have already taken to krishna conciousness why the hell do you need to depend on what some silly astrologers tells you . thats not KC !!!

You might believe in astrology but try not to depend on it . depend on god . after all who can change your karma , your ishta or your astrologer? surrender to your chosen one automatically releases you from real sufferings . the material sufferings that might superficially persist are actually blessings to help you remember the supreme . a real devotee asks for hardships so that he never forgets god living in the lap of happiness .

Yes that I mean and there are number of examples around,neither Vaishnava should neglect Shri Shiva nor shivites neglect Shri Narayana,making my lines simplified now.

My English is not so good,re read my post and same message I have conveyed there,matter is not of becoming richer or healthier-- fact is all need Dhana to run their lives and dhana is of no use if health is bad,hope you got me now fully.

Dhana=Wealth.

Guest mkrsnah

Yes that I mean and there are number of examples around,neither Vaishnava should neglect Shri Shiva nor shivites neglect Shri Narayana,making my lines simplified now.

My English is not so good,re read my post and same message I have conveyed there,matter is not of becoming richer or healthier-- fact is all need Dhana to run their lives and dhana is of no use if health is bad,hope you got me now fully.

Dhana=Wealth.

Yes I agree with you on that point. But if I choose to become an eternal servitor of Govinda, I guess I don`t need to worship both Lord Siva and Narayana. Like watering the root of a tree as an example. There`s no need to water the trunks, branches and leaves of the tree. Becoming an eternal servant of Govinda is enough.

Matter is not of choosing brother,matter is to give respect to others devotees or sampradayas who worship other God-s.Hindu religion is based on live and let live formula and perhaps that is why we see many branches of in it.

Watering can only be done in root part if I want to grow my tree,no way I can feed branches or leaves,so for someone root is "A"and for other root is "B",common thing is watering a plant so it becomes a tree.Some waters plant with a pot or use a sprincle,some feeds with a drip irrigation,base is same.

Guest mkrsnah

Matter is not of choosing brother,matter is to give respect to others devotees or sampradayas who worship other God-s.Hindu religion is based on live and let live formula and perhaps that is why we see many branches of in it.

Watering can only be done in root part if I want to grow my tree,no way I can feed branches or leaves,so for someone root is "A"and for other root is "B",common thing is watering a plant so it becomes a tree.Some waters plant with a pot or use a sprincle,some feeds with a drip irrigation,base is same.

Yes. I fully respect an individual who worships Lord Siva or Narayana. If he wants to go to Lord Siva or Narayana`s planet it`s alright with me. By the grace of Lord Siva or Narayana he can get there. But my destination is going, home Back to Goloka Vrndavan where Govinda resides. To do so, I have to become an eternal servitor of Govinda first.

if you have already taken to krishna conciousness why the hell do you need to depend on what some silly astrologers tells you . thats not KC !!!

You might believe in astrology but try not to depend on it . depend on god . after all who can change your karma , your ishta or your astrologer? surrender to your chosen one automatically releases you from real sufferings . the material sufferings that might superficially persist are actually blessings to help you remember the supreme . a real devotee asks for hardships so that he never forgets god living in the lap of happiness .

first off relax yourself there no need to get ur panties in bunch. secoundly i never knew the said person was an astrologer at the time. he simply asked me wether i prayed to god and i said yes i do pray, i pray only to sri krsna, then he said that is why my life is so hard cause by praying to sri krsna i am disturbing him and that i should give it up and pray to the other gods.

Guest mkrsnah

first off relax yourself there no need to get ur panties in bunch. secoundly i never knew the said person was an astrologer at the time. he simply asked me wether i prayed to god and i said yes i do pray, i pray only to sri krsna, then he said that is why my life is so hard cause by praying to sri krsna i am disturbing him and that i should give it up and pray to the other gods.

Maybe everytime you prayed to Krsnah, He was sleeping soundly like a baby and your astrologer saw that. Timing is of the essence. And how do you that? By scheduling your own personal prayer time with Him. Choose a specific time of your choice say, between 5 & 6 am. It`s the time when Krsnah is awake because He`s hungry and wants to drink milk. So, when it`s about time for you to pray to Krsnah, offer Him first a glass of milk. Believe it or not, Krsnah will accept it and grant you your wish after you have prayed. But if He cries, you can pacify Him by chanting Haribol! Haribol!

I given up KC.

Jai Sri Ram

Other than a different allegiance, what does this mean?

It's not about allegiances to one group or another, it's about what you are doing, and what your consciousness is. Everything else is secondary to that.

So, what does this mean? What is different now and why is it different?

Maybe everytime you prayed to Krsnah, He was sleeping soundly like a baby and your astrologer saw that. Timing is of the essence. And how do you that? By scheduling your own personal prayer time with Him. Choose a specific time of your choice say, between 5 & 6 am. It`s the time when Krsnah is awake because He`s hungry and wants to drink milk. So, when it`s about time for you to pray to Krsnah, offer Him first a glass of milk. Believe it or not, Krsnah will accept it and grant you your wish after you have prayed. But if He cries, you can pacify Him by chanting Haribol! Haribol!
yeah but he wasnt my astologer he was just some random person i met while i was at work. how could he have known that. what is the best way to pray to krishna. i usually just try and chant his name throughout the day and when i go to sleep

That usually refers to Krishna Consciousness aka ISKCON.

Yes, Krishna Consciousness but not necessarily Iskcon. They are NOT the same thing although Iskcon may or may not be a Krishna conscious organization.

Hence to give up Iskcon does not have to mean you gave up Krishna consciousness.

Countless souls throughout all universal existence have awakened their dormant Krishna consciousness without hearing the term Iskcon.

Was Bhaktisiddhanta a member of Iskcon the incorporated entity?

Srila Prabhupada himself was Krishna concious before founding Iskcon.

On this point we should become crystal clear.

Hare Krishna