IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
watchthisfree

Vargottama planets and their exact effects

Rate this topic

Dear All,

If I am right then the word 'vargottama' means that whenever a planet say for example Sani is in a particular sign (irrespective of the house it is placed in the birth chart) say for example Leo and in the birth chart and it is placed in the same sign Leo in the Navamamsa chart then it is called vargottama. Am I right here? It does not matter which house it is placed in the main birth chart or Navamamsa or any other D-chart. Even if Sani is in Sun's sign and Sun is its enemy, it should be considered vargottama. If my understanding is correct, then please share your experience in terms of what the benefits are to the native.

Generally speaking vargottama planets are strong and give good ie +ve results, but I need someone to share their own experience with me, thanks

Ravi

Hi

As per my view

In Astrology we need to carry out the prediction job in a very special way..Before predicting anything we should follow some steps and then do the prediction..For example if there is a EXCHANGE YOGA between two planets in the chart and we miss that and start predicting then the net out result will all Wrong..Indira Gandhi in her chart have 3 Exchange ( Max. no of possible Exchange Yoga for any chart) Yoga and if we don;t consider those then all the things predicted for her would come out wrong..

Similar is the case for the Vargottam it should be considered before predicting any result so that the equivalent could be predicted...

It will be nice if some one can pen down the steps in this forum that should be followed to answer a question based on Astrology

Thanks

Dear Ravi ji

Mentioned below are the effects when planet get vargottam

Surya shows leadership.

Chandra shows sensitivity.

Mangal shows physical poweress.

Budha shows speech, communication.

Guru shows intellect.

Shukra shows beauty and will power.

Shani shows forbearance.

Raahu shows the ability to cross all boundaries.

Ketu shows insight and Maths.

Lagna shows Blessings of Longevity.

Mentioned below is the calculation for D9

For a chara Raashi the Navaamsha starts from own rashii and proceeds Zodiacal direction.

This means the first Navaamsha is the Vargottama Navaamsha for a Chara Raashi. This is like creation and is said to represent Brahmaa. Any Graha getting Vargottama there, is said to be a blessing of Brahmaa.

For Sthira Raashi the count of Navaamsha starts from the Ninth from it. Here the Vargottama is the fifth. This is the middle of the Navaamsha of a Raashi and is said to show sustanance and repreents Vishnu. A Graha getting Vargottama is said to have the blessings of Vishnu.

For Dwishbhaava raashi the count starts fro the fifth from it and the last or the ninth Navaamsha is the Vargottama Raashi. This is the end and hence said to represent Shiva. A Graha getting Vargottama in Dwishbhaava Raashi is said to be blessed by Shiva.

Because of the blessing of a Deity the characteristics of the Graha is marked in the Person. The person will be known for that particular trait. It is said to give fame.

Regards

Swapnil

Mentioned below is the calculation for D9.........

For a chara Raashi the Navaamsha starts from own rashii and proceeds Zodiacal direction. This means the first Navaamsha is the Vargottama Navaamsha for a Chara Raashi.

Dear Swapnil,

Thanks a lot for the reply, it is very interesting to me. But I am a bit confused here about what you have mentioned for different types of rasi. Do you mean the moon sign or the rasi in the ascendant? I actually was asking about the effects of vargottama planets and you have provided me info about vargottama rasi based on their very nature, and this has caused confusion in my mind which needs further clarification from you and other learned members of this forum. If you know the art of making Navmansa charts manually then please try to make one for me and let me know how to do so. I have my birth chart and other D charts with me made by a software. I do not know how to make navamamsa and other D-charts manually. My birth details are as follows:

------------

Birth date=21st September, 1977

Time =20:40 pm

Place = Bhuj city (Gujarat state, India)

-------------

Birth chart as follows:

Ascendant : Aries (Mesh rashi)

Jupiter + Mars in the 3rd house (Mithun rashi)

Mercury + Saturn + Venus in the 5th house (Sinh rashi)

Sun + Rahu in the 6th house (Kanya rashi)

Moon in the 9th house (Dhan rashi)

Ketu in the 12th house (Min rashi)

------------------

Navamamsa chart (D-9) as follows:

Ascendant : Cancer (Kark rashi)

Rahu in the lagna/1st house

Mercury in the 3rd house

Moon in the 4th house

Jupiter + Ketu in the 7th house

Sun in the 8th house

Mars in the 9th house

Saturn in the 10th house

Venus in the 11th house

-------------------------

Dear Ravi ji

As far as the chart is concerned there is no vargottam planet

As the word goes that Varga = division uttam = best

So it means that best division attained by the planet and remember it applies only for Navamsa since it is the most important after Rashi chart

And if you want to know how to make divisional chart by hand you can go on link mentioned my Vipvats ji there it is mentioned or you can use jhora software

Regards

Swapnil

As far as the chart is concerned there is no vargottam planet

Dear Swapnil,

Yes you are right and I know that. But the confusion is about vargottama rasi and vargottama planets and if I am correct then both are different matters. Thanks

Ravi

Dear Ravi,

I understand a planet being vargottam when it is in the same house in both rashi and navamsha.

The reference made to "vargottam rashi" is I believe in relation with lagna being vargottam, where both rashi and navamsha have same houses corresponding to different divisions of life.

A house cannot be vargottam. Usually vargottam is used to specify that a planet is more strong being in the same house both in rashi and navamsha. Results are as what is indicated by Swapnil.

wbr

Ayush

Dear Readers

It is also said that planets which are vargottam gets strength as they link rashi chart to navamsa chart

As rashi chart is physical chart and navmasa is the amsa of dharma the planet also links the native to god

Regards

Swapnil

I understand a planet being vargottam when it is in the same house in both rashi and navamsha.

Dear Ayush,

Thanks for the quick reply. Now please guide me about the following queries:

1. If Sun is in the 6th house in Virgo in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is in Virgo but in 5th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same sign/rasi in both charts but in different houses.

2. If Sun is in the 6th house in Virgo in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is also in Virgo in the 6th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same sign/rasi and house in both charts.

3. If Sun is in the 4th house in Libra in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is also in Libra but in the 5th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same sign/rasi in both charts but in different houses. Here the Sun is debiliatated, does it make any difference to the definition of 'vargottama'?

4. If Sun is in the 4th house in Libra in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is also in Libra in the 4th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same sign/rasi and house in both charts. Here the Sun is debiliatated, does it make any difference to the definition of 'vargottama'?

5. If Sun is in the 4th house in Libra in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is in Scorpio in the 4th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same house in both charts but different rasis/signs. Here the Sun is debiliatated in one chart, does it make any difference to the definition of 'vargottama'?

I am sorry to bother you again, but after looking online there is hardly anything that I could find to clear my doubts, hope you will help me clear my doubts, thanks a lot

Ravi

Dear Ravi,

As I've already mentioned Vargottam has nothing to do with the number of the house, it is all about the planet and the sign it occupies.

1. If Sun is in the 6th house in Virgo in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is in Virgo but in 5th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same sign/rasi in both charts but in different houses.

Sun occupies Virgo in both the cases so its Vargottam. Result Sun is strong. Nothing concerning the 6th house or 5th house in navamsha.

2. If Sun is in the 6th house in Virgo in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is also in Virgo in the 6th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same sign/rasi and house in both charts.

Here Sun is Vargottam and Lagna is also vargottam. More auspicious.

3. If Sun is in the 4th house in Libra in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is also in Libra but in the 5th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same sign/rasi in both charts but in different houses. Here the Sun is debiliatated, does it make any difference to the definition of 'vargottama'?

Questions is similar to the first one. Sun is vargottam being in Libra in both the cases, but Lagna is not vargottam. Debilitation does makes planet weak and to some extent weakness is reduced because of the planet being vargottam.

4. If Sun is in the 4th house in Libra in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is also in Libra in the 4th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same sign/rasi and house in both charts. Here the Sun is debiliatated, does it make any difference to the definition of 'vargottama'?

Similar to second question. Lagna & Sun both are vargottam. The case of debilitation remains the same as I've mentioned earlier.

5. If Sun is in the 4th house in Libra in birth chart and in the Navamasa chart (D-9) it is in Scorpio in the 4th house does this make it vargottama? Here the Sun is in the same house in both charts but different rasis/signs. Here the Sun is debiliatated in one chart, does it make any difference to the definition of 'vargottama'?

Here neither Sun nor Lagna is vargottam.

If in Rashi and Navamsha Ascendant is same, Lagna is considered to be vargottam. If the planet occupies the same Sign in both Rashi and Navamsha then it is considered to be vargottam. Hope you are clear with it.

wbr

Ayush

Dear Ravi ji

Mentioned below are the effects when planet get vargottam

Surya shows leadership.

Chandra shows sensitivity.

Mangal shows physical poweress.

Budha shows speech, communication.

Guru shows intellect.

Shukra shows beauty and will power.

Shani shows forbearance.

Raahu shows the ability to cross all boundaries.

Ketu shows insight and Maths.

Lagna shows Blessings of Longevity.

Mentioned below is the calculation for D9

For a chara Raashi the Navaamsha starts from own rashii and proceeds Zodiacal direction.

This means the first Navaamsha is the Vargottama Navaamsha for a Chara Raashi. This is like creation and is said to represent Brahmaa. Any Graha getting Vargottama there, is said to be a blessing of Brahmaa.

For Sthira Raashi the count of Navaamsha starts from the Ninth from it. Here the Vargottama is the fifth. This is the middle of the Navaamsha of a Raashi and is said to show sustanance and repreents Vishnu. A Graha getting Vargottama is said to have the blessings of Vishnu.

For Dwishbhaava raashi the count starts fro the fifth from it and the last or the ninth Navaamsha is the Vargottama Raashi. This is the end and hence said to represent Shiva. A Graha getting Vargottama in Dwishbhaava Raashi is said to be blessed by Shiva.

Because of the blessing of a Deity the characteristics of the Graha is marked in the Person. The person will be known for that particular trait. It is said to give fame.

Regards

Swapnil

Always, the vargottama planet is auspicious?

Guest Deepa

If a vargottami grahis in enemy house and also enemy of lagna what result it gives eg kark lagna shani vargottami in leo

Guest vinoth kanna

dear sir / mam,

i m career related problems more sir for the past one year ........... let me give my details plz analyze my dasamsa and natal chart sir ...

my date of birth : 29/05/1988.

my time of birth :12.37 noon 

my place of birth : tirunelveli 

plz guide my life path way sir ........

Guest Deepa sree

In my son's horoscope 3 planets have attained vargottamam.RASI CHART: Rishaba lagna, venus in taurus,mars and saturn in gemini,moon and jupiter in leo, ketu in libra, mercury in pisces, sun and rahu in aries. NAVAMSA CHART: virgo lagna, venus and rahu in virgo, mars in libra, saturn in aquarius,mercury and ketu in pisces, jupiter moon and sun in leo. so mercury, jupiter and moon have attained vargottamam. what will be the effect sir?