IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Medical Astrology

How planets affect us: a medical aspect

Rate this topic

ONE

Our physical characteristics, our mental make-up, our likes and dislikes, our desires and ambitions, our profession, our fortune and many other (in fact, every other) detail about us can be read from our horoscope by a wise and learned Astrologer.

---

Planets are thought to influence us through the seven chakras in our body. Each planet is supposed to control light of one colour in the specturm, and uses it as a tool that acts on certain invisible energies that are found in the Chakras.

**Sunlight has seven colours**

**One planet governs one colour**

In that sense, planets are not living, breathing entities, but tools of the Universe, through which the Energies of our Universe reach and act on us!

(When we pray to a planet, we are really praying to the Energy - or God -that rules and controls the planet!).

The Chakras control the Endocrine System of a person, which means, the production and function of all the hormones in our body is carried on under the guidance of our chakras.

The chakras also govern all our Energies and the seventy-two thousand nadis in our body. Thoughts, being a form of energy, are ultimately regulated by the chakras.

By controlling the hormones, our chakras control our growth and metabolism at every given moment in our lives.

They control all the dhatus, all the doshas and all the visible and invisible parts of our Being.

Yoga and Ayurveda say that the seven chakras are bundles of invisible highly-charged energies, placed vertically along our Spinal coloumn.

The chakras influence every function in our life and the planets in turn, influence the chakras.

This is how the planets influence every aspect of our lives!

--------------------------------

Questions and comments are welcome! :) :) :)

In my next post on this thread, I will talk about the connection of our Chakras with the Universe outside our individual Body.

interestingg... sir i hav been wearin yellow sapphire.. n i hav noticed its effects mainly in my thghts.. i dono hw diff odrs percieve me.. bt i hav noticed diff in my thghts,, befo it used 2 b negative n positiv,, nw it is only n only positivee..even if d situation is bad... m always bubbling wit positivness.. n a bit of egoo.. sir but if planets n gemstones effect chakras,how come strengthening a planet by wearin a gem cn also cause bad effects??

hopin 4 ur ans,

mita

When we wear a gemstone,

1. The gemstone can alter the amount of rays of a particular colour that come into our body.

2. The gemstone can make the absorbed rays increase or the functions of a particular chakra.

3. A wrongly-used gemstone can interfere with the functioning of a chakra.

That is why Astrologers advise us to always use the correct gemstone, as indicated by our chart and to always use gemstones that are pure.

Impure gemstones can give wrong signals to the chakras and can cause impediment in their functioning, rather than helping them.

Similarly, if a gemstone is worn on the correct finger gives good effects, which may not be seen if worn on a wrong finger!

Actually, if a pure gemstone is worn according to advise given in the Shastras, only good effects will be seen.

While wearing a gemstone correctly, if bad effects are seen, they might be due to the effect of another planet. I think.

So, if a person is wearing a gemstone to reduce bad effects of saade-saati of Saturn, and something unwanted happens, it might have happened due to the effect of an unfavourable transit of Jupiter at that time ....... such a thing is theoretically possible.

Each gemstone controls the effects of one planet only. So it cannot have any control of the bad effects coming from another planet.

interestingg... sir i hav been wearin yellow sapphire.. n i hav noticed its effects mainly in my thghts.. i dono hw diff odrs percieve me.. bt i hav noticed diff in my thghts,, befo it used 2 b negative n positiv,, nw it is only n only positivee..even if d situation is bad... m always bubbling wit positivness.. n a bit of egoo.. sir but if planets n gemstones effect chakras,how come strengthening a planet by wearin a gem cn also cause bad effects??

hopin 4 ur ans,

mita

I have been wearing a yellow sapphire and been having the same effects.

Dear sir,

I must thank you for ur enlightening reply.but sir,when v wear neelam,why do some people get an accident.Gemstone seem to influence not only our body but also our fate and also things that happen with us.Also is it ok to a wear a yellow saphire in the left hand.I have been advised to wear it in the left hand only.My stone is almost white n looks lik a diamond rather than a yellow sapphire(which it is).But the stone is a bit dirty inside and has a bit of black stains on the gold and corners of the stone.These stains came wen i gave it for cleaning.Is it ok to stil wear it.

with best regards,

mita

hello medical astrologer,

1) The seven planets control the chakras, are these excluding Rahu and Ketu?

2) Which planet controls which color?

3) Do the seven planets randomly control all the chakras or does a specific planet controls a specific chakra?

regards,

Dear sir,

I must thank you for ur enlightening reply.but sir,when v wear neelam,why do some people get an accident.Gemstone seem to influence not only our body but also our fate and also things that happen with us.Also is it ok to a wear a yellow saphire in the left hand.I have been advised to wear it in the left hand only.My stone is almost white n looks lik a diamond rather than a yellow sapphire(which it is).But the stone is a bit dirty inside and has a bit of black stains on the gold and corners of the stone.These stains came wen i gave it for cleaning.Is it ok to stil wear it.

with best regards,

mita

I have always heard professional astrologers in Maharashtra State(India) say that blue sapphire (neelam) should be worn only if it suits a person perfectly. They say it can cause harm if worn when not suited.

For one thing, it should never be worn without taking the opinion of a very learned astrologer.

I grew up in a household where astrology was a family tradition and so have heard of instances like the one you have mentioned, often enough.

All I can say is that where blue sapphire is concerned, a very good professional astrologer should be consulted before wearing it.

"Gemstones affect our fate and the things that happen to us in our lives"... yes, that is why they are generally worn.

In this post, I am pointing out that they can affect us medically also. (Medicine being my profession and field of interest).

--------------------------

I have no idea why you were told to wear the yellow sapphire on your left hand. Did you ask? I too, would also like to know the answer! If you find out, please do post it here!

Or if someone else is reading this and knows, please do tell us!

If your stone was less white and without any stains when you gave it for cleaning, are you sure you got back the same one you gave for cleaning?

I don't want to alarm or frighten you, but you should ask this question to a good and honest ratnaparkhi, perhaps you could ask one in a town other than the one you stay in, or ask your relatives or friends to ask in other places! (Whether stains can show up after cleaning, which were not visible before).

You should do that.

For how long were you wearing the yellow sapphire before you gave it for cleaning?

Was it very clear and translucent before? Was it translucent enough for you to know there were no stains in it? Think!

I am an expert in herbs, not stones, thank goodness.

Whether you should continue to wear it...... well, depends.

Show it to another ratnaparkhi (not the one who cleaned it) and ask if it is a pushkaraj. If he says yes, maybe you could continue to wear it.

It may be flawed, but at least it's not harmful (I think).

Respected Dr. Joshi

We feel very lucky to have you here. We hope you will keep enlighting us in future about medical aspects of astrology.

Please accept my regards

Atul

Thanks, Atul, for you kind welcome. I am happy to see that you would be interested in the astrological aspect of diseases and their cures!

hello medical astrologer,

1) The seven planets control the chakras, are these excluding Rahu and Ketu?

2) Which planet controls which color?

3) Do the seven planets randomly control all the chakras or does a specific planet controls a specific chakra?

regards,

Hello "Lucid", you have indeed brought up an important issue, in the second question.

1) Yes, Rahu and Ketu are excluded from specific "Chakra ownership", as it were of the colour spectrum.

It is said, "Shanivad Rahu" and "Kujavad Ketu", which means Rahu will act like Saturn and Ketu will act like Mars.

Rahu and Ketu either act on all chakras or they act in consonance with Saturn and Mars, on the chakras guided by them.

2) The most accepted (but not necessarily correct) view about planets and their colours is the one that is prevalent in the West today.

VIBGYOR : the seven colours in the Spectrum : correspond to

Saturn / Venus / Jupiter / Mercury / Mars / Moon / Sun

Ref: Howard Beckman, New Hrishikesh, New Mexico , USA.

Mr. Beckman is a pioneer in Electronic Gem therapy.

3) This is the most difficult question to answer.

My personal opinion (as it stands today) is that a planet predominently influences one chakra and also affects other chakras to a smaller or greater extent, depending upon many factors (age of person, position and stregth of the planets in the natal chart etc)

Also perhaps, there is the possiblity that planets might be acting on the chakras during their hora periods in the day and night.

Whether one planet acts on one chakra during its hora or one planet acts on all the chakras during its hora, is the next question.

This is a field of research, calling out to be studied!

***By the way, since you have pondered over this, may I have your thoughts on it, please?***

dear medical astrologer,

i have googled many websites and there is varied information regarding the chakras and colors and chakras and planets and deities.

Colors--- I was always intrigued by the concept of VIBGYOR. There is no white color in it. I am sure white would be a result of mixture of more colors. But why attribute only th vibgyor colors to the planets.

I was just thinking why not attribute the gemstones's colors to planets? is it not more relevant?

Also regarding the chakras that are affected by planets i found some info but one place they mentioned the below

MOON -- BROW

MERCURY -- THROAT

VENUS -- HEART

SUN -- SOLAR PLEXUS

MARS -- NAVEL

JUPITER -- SEX

SATURN -- BASE

One more thing i feel is there are deities associated with each chakra. So if one could relate each deity to one planet then there might be some scope for study...

those were a few thoughts....

dear medical astrologer,

i have googled many websites and there is varied information regarding the chakras and colors and chakras and planets and deities.

Colors--- I was always intrigued by the concept of VIBGYOR. There is no white color in it. I am sure white would be a result of mixture of more colors. But why attribute only th vibgyor colors to the planets.

I was just thinking why not attribute the gemstones's colors to planets? is it not more relevant?

Also regarding the chakras that are affected by planets i found some info but one place they mentioned the below

MOON -- BROW

MERCURY -- THROAT

VENUS -- HEART

SUN -- SOLAR PLEXUS

MARS -- NAVEL

JUPITER -- SEX

SATURN -- BASE

One more thing i feel is there are deities associated with each chakra. So if one could relate each deity to one planet then there might be some scope for study...

those were a few thoughts....

FWIW, here is another configuration

Brow - sun and moon and Leo and cancer

Throat - mercury; gemini and virgo

Heart - venus; Libra and Taurus

Solar Plexus - mars; aries and scorpio

Naval - Jupiter; sagittarius and pisces

Mooladhara - saturn; aquarius and capricorn

Please note that crown chakra is beyond the body and astrology in this scheme. Also note that the arrangement/distribution follows the orbital distribution of planets which is basically what governs the rulership of planets over signs (Indian) and horas and weekdays.

Finally, the scheme places the odd signs on the right side (Male) and even signs on the left side (female).

FWIW, here is another configuration

Brow - sun and moon and Leo and cancer

Throat - mercury; gemini and virgo

Heart - venus; Libra and Taurus

Solar Plexus - mars; aries and scorpio

Naval - Jupiter; sagittarius and pisces

Mooladhara - saturn; aquarius and capricorn

Please note that crown chakra is beyond the body and astrology in this scheme. Also note that the arrangement/distribution follows the orbital distribution of planets which is basically what governs the rulership of planets over signs (Indian) and horas and weekdays.

Finally, the scheme places the odd signs on the right side (Male) and even signs on the left side (female).

Yes, the Crown chakra is not ascribed any planet, true.

In Ayurveda and tantra-shashtra however, one more chakra is described, called kama-dhenu. This is said to lie below the Pineal gland and is the seat of life-giving Amrit, or Nectar. This chakra is controlled by the Moon.

As for this distribution of chakras and planets... I am reading it for the first time and so I will need some time to think over it!

Thanks for your response!

Very interesting Indeed. We are born with a certain alignment of the planets which, as mentioned above, has an impact on my thoughts which leads to an impact on our personalities. Is it possible to alter these through paranyam which is thought to awaken the chakras? For example if moon is placed in a weak position in a horoscope there are going to be both physical and mental ramifications to that. However, is it possible to change that through the regular practice of paranyam and other yogic techniques

Very interesting Indeed. We are born with a certain alignment of the planets which, as mentioned above, has an impact on my thoughts which leads to an impact on our personalities. Is it possible to alter these through paranyam which is thought to awaken the chakras? For example if moon is placed in a weak position in a horoscope there are going to be both physical and mental ramifications to that. However, is it possible to change that through the regular practice of paranyam and other yogic techniques

As far as the Moon is concerned, Pranayam will certainly strengthen all the defects associated with a 'weak Moon' viz Moon in debilitation, or in a phase near the new moon day, or in a paap-kartari yoga, or with malefics, or aspects by malefics..... whatever.

This is because Moon represents the Mind (in fact, forms the Mind) of a person... ref. : Purusha sukta of Atharva veda.

Therefore, when we look at the Moon in the horoscope, one of the features of that person we are looking at, is his Mind.

Pranayam definitely clears the mind and stabilizes it.

Therefore, Pranayam can remove doshas of the Moon, in a horoscope!

Great thinking, Atila!

dear webyogi,

im very thankfull for ur concern.U seem genuinely concerned which is very nice of you. yes, i had given it for cutting right in front of me.In the big jewellery shops they had said that they will cut d ring n giv it aftr a few days.So i went to a small goldsmiths shop and got the gold ring cut right in front of me..After tat there was all black oil stains so i asked him to clean the ring in front of me.Some black oil stains are still remaining in the sides of the ring..so Im always a bit apprihensive if that wil b bad for me..i had cut the ring as i got it from my uncle and it was too big for me.. i heard tat ur birthstone gets attracted to u...is that y i got it from my uncle..i had asked the astrologer y is he tellin me 2 wear it in the left hand.he said somethin abt retrograde jupiter n also said it's too deep for me to understand.its very great to ask ques here which v can neither ask ne1 nor find any replies to it in google.n v hav ppl lik u 2 thank for replying to des..im sure u must b havin a busy schedule as even my mother is a docter and im aware of how bsy she is..

wit best wishes and regards,

mita

When we wear a gemstone,

1. The gemstone can alter the amount of rays of a particular colour that come into our body.

2. The gemstone can make the absorbed rays increase or the functions of a particular chakra.

3. A wrongly-used gemstone can interfere with the functioning of a chakra.

That is why Astrologers advise us to always use the correct gemstone, as indicated by our chart and to always use gemstones that are pure.

Impure gemstones can give wrong signals to the chakras and can cause impediment in their functioning, rather than helping them.

Similarly, if a gemstone is worn on the correct finger gives good effects, which may not be seen if worn on a wrong finger!

Actually, if a pure gemstone is worn according to advise given in the Shastras, only good effects will be seen.

While wearing a gemstone correctly, if bad effects are seen, they might be due to the effect of another planet. I think.

So, if a person is wearing a gemstone to reduce bad effects of saade-saati of Saturn, and something unwanted happens, it might have happened due to the effect of an unfavourable transit of Jupiter at that time ....... such a thing is theoretically possible.

Each gemstone controls the effects of one planet only. So it cannot have any control of the bad effects coming from another planet.

Please sir tell us which shastras has given advise of wearing gemstone. i want to read that shastras.

Many Many thanks to you

Rishi vatsyayan

In the olden days, in Maharashtra, we had families who were well-versed in gemmology and whose profession was to deal with gems. Their knowledge, as far as I know, used to be heraditary. They were called Ratnaparkhi(s) and that also was their surname!

Most textbooks on Astrology deal briefly with gems and their effects on our bodies. However, there must be old text books that deal at length with this subject.

Browsing through old bookshops (or those which sell second hand books) might throw up some interesting literature about this, as also searching for it on the internet.

My knowledge and expertise concerns mainly herbs, which I use on a daily basis in my medical practice, often after looking at a person's horoscope!